Economic Changes in Patch 1.1.5

CourtneyWoods

You’ll also see new items brought into the game, including new schematics, Legacy items , a new tier of Player vs Player and Player vs Environment weapons and armor, Legacy items, new schematics, and the ability to extract base-mods from purple items, as well as many other changes and improvements.

Personally I just need to be able to search the marked for what I want to buy. A fix for this is appreciated :)

Edited by XrisXross

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After several months of deliberation, the Republic Senate's Committee on Transportation and Public Safety has passed new regulations that, among other things, adjust the cost of speeder licenses. Once these regulations are signed by the Supreme Chancellor in the coming weeks, prices for Tier I and Tier II speeder licenses across the galaxy are expected to see a significant decline. To help offset the loss of revenue generated by these licenses, taxes on all models of Tier III speeders will be significantly increased once the new regulation takes effect.

Critics claim that the resolution will only add to the serious strain on the Republic’s finances, while others see this as a vain attempt to keep on pace with the Imperial Transportation Authority, which recently passed a similar law.

This really blows. I just bought my Speeder III license. If I don't buy a Tier III speeder before this patch then I am getting screwed. Because I paid full price on Tier I and II licenses and speeders... now I will pay MORE for a tier III speeder.

*sigh*

Um...

In related news, a very limited number of pure white color crystals have been recovered by a Hutt-sponsored expedition into uncharted space. As of today, small stocks of these extremely rare and expensive crystals have started to appear in Vendor stocks at the primary Imperial and Republic transportation hubs. With no new shipments expected for several months, those wealthy enough to afford these crystals may find themselves in possession of a highly sought-after collectable.

You do realize in SWTOR lore White Crystals are crap? They are so freaking weak that they are only used in training sabers.

Why is BioWare making them super rare and expensive?

They are making them cheaper to encourage sales. Now, how cheap is the question. We will see in a few days though.

Here's a link to those interested in what the speeders look like. These are the ones they are removing.

CTRL+F search on here.

www.hotrodacc.com/swtor/speeder.html

Korrealis Sovereign

Korrealis Prince

Korrealis Baron

Korrealis Commander

Tirsa Prime

Interesting that all those are single seat landspeeders. Mayhaps some dual seat landspeeders are not so far off. Very interesting . . . :sul_grin:

:ph_cheers:

While I'm not too keen on seeing goody-two-shoes Jedi running around with red crystals, I guess the only problem it would cause would be confusion of teams in Warzones based on color crystals (for example, at first glance if you are an Imperial player and you see someone with blue 'sabers you are logically going to assume that they are the enemy).

I like the idea of the white crystal, but just wish it weren't so expensive. I think the crystal system needs more diversity over all, because I'm sure crystals can come in more than one shade of every color. I think adding non-alligned crystals like silver, gold, grey, etc. would be a good idea. Maybe make black and white replace purple and cyan respectively and have purple and cyan be neutral colors. Just a thought.

Not happy about the exclusive speeders. I have a Lvl 1 Rendili Watchman, and have no hope on God's green earth of getting enough credits or points to buy any of those luxury speeders before they go poof.

funny how more people care about a games economical life more than the real life ones :(

outrage of color crystals , and speeder bikes.

real life gas prices and banks controling governments/people - meh no big deal

if only people put focus into real life Economic problems like they do MMO games Economic problems it would be a better life/world.

but back to the game , i do not have issues on which side uses which color , but i wish/hope that any new colors at least take effort to get ( something other than buying them of a vendor to get ) be it a quest or raid or killing of a boss or somrthing not just going up to a vendor and buying it .

Seriously white color crystals are a joke. BioWare is making them uber rare / expensive. Luke used it as a weak training saber. White was considered a synthetic crystal that was mass produced for training sabers only. I love how BioWare once again screws lore up. Like un-restricting saber colors.

I think they should leave restrictions in place on the RP servers.

Seriously white color crystals are a joke. BioWare is making them uber rare / expensive. Luke used it as a weak training saber. White was considered a synthetic crystal that was mass produced for training sabers only. I love how BioWare once again screws lore up. Like un-restricting saber colors.

I think they should leave restrictions in place on the RP servers.

On a scale of 1 to Mad, what are you?

I agree, the ability to look a color the person's using and have an idea of they're light/dark side alignment is one of the cool parts of this game.

And still violates lore, as by lore, red was used by the Sith because they used artifical crystals that tended to be red. Which means all Sith Empire players should probably use red.

Or maybe not, because who really knows where they are getting the crystals currently.

Also, does this mean that TIE Fighters are violating canon? Empire vessels, certainly evil, but fire green lasers? And vice versa for X-Wings?

Color Crystals are related to techniques for building a lightsaber. A light side Jedi can take a dark side Sith's sword and fight with it. Dark side Jedi don't have to throw their old light saber away and acquire an artificial crystal to keep swordfighting.

On a scale of 1 to Mad, what are you?

Well, let's go this route... If I get the white crystal I will hold my saber really high up and say "Behold, the almighty super mega rare training lightsaber." and I will wait for someone to throw that training ball from A New Hope up into the air. And I will battle it in epic fashion.

:D

I liked everything but the crystals idea. The whole idea is the darkside is red crystals and the lightside is blue. The only change i would make is the green crystals, as i feel green is a neutral colour.

So, I'm guessing the new schematics and legacy items will be particularly awesome? So awesome that they had to repeated twice? Or did the teleprompter malfunction?

I'm happy to see the color crystal requirements gone. Now I can say that I pried a lightsaber from a Sith's cold dead fingers. Muahaha!

Christ. What if perhaps you were working on alts? Which Bioware has made clear they want people to do. I have two 50's that haven't touched end game content because I am now leveling a third. Not everyone is so concerned about end game. Nor is everyone so dedicated to playing as we seem to be. Two months before taking out content is ridiculous.

right.

People who actually have a Job and real life commitments.

I dont blame anyone of playing a lot, but I love the game (despite some bugs and issues).

I played a huge lot of my free time (was veeery tired some mornings), but still didnt hit 50.. 45 atm, and another char on 18. I am not dying all the time or always walking in wrong direction or anything. And I really would love to have a huge landspeeder as well. But I will neeever be able to hit 50 AND save some million credits to get the white crystal and my favorite speeder. (I learned artifice, so still hoping for white crystal schematic in 1.2 though. And I personally do not want to pay a ridiculously high price on GTN for a speeder that states "made by XXX". Call me a weirdo, but I don like that.

But

we will see. Maybe they add nicer speeders.

May the force be with you (as long you are a light sight Jedi).

Now I know some of this was covered but it is 27 pages of comments and I feel uninspired to read through it all...

Restrictions off saber crystals ~ So there will be a reason my Sith Warrior Artifice gets 3 to 1 blue and green to red crystals. I would never use them on my Sith, but crystals go in guns as well.

New Colors ~ If this was about enhancing the player economy, I would think the schematics would come before offering them on vendors, if you offer them on vendors first the only chance we have to sell these same colored crystals is if RI becomes more predictable so we can achieve better than vendor sold items at an expected rate. I understand there is a roll involved, but for example at 250 Artifice I RI'ed 15+ Resolve hilt 6 (lvl 17 item) as compared to my first LVL 31 Red Resistance Crystal to get the blue. Granted I still do not have the Artifact level Crystal and got the Artifact level hilt after 10 tries.

Licensing ~ I am happy to hear the price reduction, for new players and for alts which I created to play at level with my wife. OTOH I am a bit peeved to see that I had paid more, gone into financial distress to get the lvl I license when others will not have to, I would like to see a "Tax Return" on people who spent more for their license, or at least a special item as compensation for paying the higher prices. Also the removal of speeders from vendors is cool if you are going to make speeder schematics a little more available and not bind on pick up. Though I think you did say (in RP tones) you are dropping BOP for Speeders.

I have mixed feelings about these changes, what a surprise EH?

Edited by PullinStuff
Corrections in red

I am totally disappointed with the decision to remove the speeders. I just recently started playing and there's no chance I'll be able to meet the requirements of those, even if I commit myself to a massive amount of brainless farming just for the creds. This way BW turns my attention from the only thing that is good in this game (story) [wildly hammer the space bar during conversation - no time, no time for this nonsense, need cred+social+whatever!]. This is a slap in my face, as someone before me stated.

BW I am so sorry I didn't buy the game when you were finishing the first unfinished version and allowed pre-order. And after I bought it I should probably never sleep too, just grind instead to catch up. So sorry.. QQ

Edited by Wrzaskun

Loved the announcement and its format. Would like to see a refund for those who bought the tier 1 and 2 speeder training at the higher cost but haven't bought the tier 3 at a lower cost yet, just to even out the price hike on tier 3.

The galactic market interface really needs a revamp, I'd think that would be an essential part of improving the player based economy.

Guys you missed my question...

How are they going to gate the new PVP armour? Valour rank 100?

How are they going to gate the new PVE armour? Nightmare Mode Raids?

Nothing was mentioned about new Raids or FP's in the blog.

Yay for new color crystals, although I'm not happy with anyone using any color, I dislike when I see my fellow Sith holding Blue/Green/Etc...They are a waste of space :p hahaha

Totally agree. I completely support the removal of requirements for every color BUT red/blue/green.

It's just going to look retarded, having a bunch of jedi with red sabers despite the fact they aren't at least slightly dark.

It's an immersion breaker but certainly not something I'll quit over.

Well, let's go this route... If I get the white crystal I will hold my saber really high up and say "Behold, the almighty super mega rare training lightsaber." and I will wait for someone to throw that training ball from A New Hope up into the air. And I will battle it in epic fashion.

:D

You do realize it's intended to be Cyan, and it isn't at all a training saber, but Anakin's old one?

Forget 1.1.5... we need 1.2 & 1.2 fast!

Guildies are leaving in droves! Honestly, I kid you not! We went from 144 to 110 to (now) 76 and only about 8 or 9 online! The GM...AWOL! The guild runs...HALTED! The amount of alts I've had to play...PRICELESS! :(:o:eek:

Forget 1.1.5... we need 1.2 & 1.2 fast!

Guildies are leaving in droves! Honestly, I kid you not! We went from 144 to 110 to (now) 76 and only about 8 or 9 online! The GM...AWOL! The guild runs...HALTED! The amount of alts I've had to play...PRICELESS! :(:o:eek:

It's true. My massive guild has been slowly but surely shrinking. Fortunately still have a good 20-25 on a night consistently, but it just feel like it's coming from a hyperactive pool of maybe 35-40 people.

All i want is for them to take away the "bind to player" crap. I want to make speeders for my guild mates that cant affored one. But as soon as you build one it is automatically bound to the player that created it. So i cant even sell it on the GTM or a vender. Just allow us an option to take the bind off the item.Make it like when you replace a mod in a item and it charges you for it, that would be fine. Oh and give us sprit at the very start dam it !

Your guildmates can afford the training but not the speeders? What is wrong with them?

Guys you missed my question...

How are they going to gate the new PVP armour? Valour rank 100?

How are they going to gate the new PVE armour? Nightmare Mode Raids?

Nothing was mentioned about new Raids or FP's in the blog.

I hate quoting myself but it's kind of important guys,

What will we all be doing for the next few months, the same content but for new rewards?