Economic Changes in Patch 1.1.5

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of games have limited time items, its not BW's fault that people haven't played long enough to get them or have commitments outside of the game. I bet there are people in the forces who play this, should we shut the game down while they're deployed?

Regardless of what happens in individual players lives, the game goes on and if you miss something then hard luck. This is also a simple fact of life, everything does not simply revolve around any one individual and if you miss something, better luck next time. I sympathise, but that's how it is.

I highly doubt this will be a one time only event so you'll have plenty of opportunities in the future.

I wasn't saying it was BW's fault that some of us can't play but removing items is their choice and I think this is a bad decision, whether other games do this or not. I think is better to let people work toward getting an item they like at their own speed and not force them to grind or rush to get said item. If they make it so you we can get it once a year at a special event or any other way, I would be cool with that.

I wasn't saying it was BW's fault that some of us can't play but removing items is their choice and I think this is a bad decision, whether other games do this or not. I think is better to let people work toward getting an item they like at their own speed and not force them to grind or rush to get said item. If they make it so you we can get it once a year at a special event or any other way, I would be cool with that.

To be honest I kinda of get the impression this will be the case with the crystals, but the speeders look like they'll be replaced with something else. But we've already had an example of how BW will be quite happy to give early players something the later ones can't get with the founders title.

Funny, I don't remember Anakin being unable to wield his lightsaber in Episode III. Blue crystal, followed him through his turning to the dark side. Yet he still wielded a blue saber. If anything seems off it's the overuse of the double bladed saber. Or requiring one AC if you wanted 2 sabers. Honestly the LS/DS should have been handled through the powers it gave you. I liked how they handled it in KotOR. You could get all the powers, but using opposite aligned powers cost more FP.

While I applaud new color crystals, please keep the colors correct to lore (red for Sith only).

That has nothing to do with lore or canon, unless you go by the movies. Sith simply used red color crystals a lot more, because red generally denoted hate and anger.

How about fixing the game before rolling out new content?

They already stated long ago that they want to beat Blizzard by playing aggressive in terms of implementing new content. That's why we had 1.1 so fast with a whole new FP.

They don't really seem to care about fixing... they are too busy playing their aggressive game. Fixing? Ilum needs fixing... and what they do? Take out the only purpose to visit Ilum in 1.1.5 making it officially dead once the patch goes live.

Bioware's aggressive gameplay costed them me and my bro's sub. And i'm sure many more.

Edited by dnomz

To be honest I kinda of get the impression this will be the case with the crystals, but the speeders look like they'll be replaced with something else. But we've already had an example of how BW will be quite happy to give early players something the later ones can't get with the founders title.

True, but I hope this isn't the case. I really dislike when items are limited to once in a life time for certain time frame, now I have no problem if they make a really hard quest or rare drop, as at least everyone has chance even if it is a remote chance. This change is going to really suck for people like me who have a lot of alts.

That worries me too.

I might be wrong but seems to me BioWare is pushing players to grind credits and cap their characters. For example some to be removed speeders needs social level 10. So for too many players they will stay out of reach.

Another example is I play really casually and have like 60k on my main character. I expect not to be able to afford those speeders either. Not to speak about my 5 others lower level alts!

In a way, if my reading is right it's the opposite of an incentive, as a casual player, to keep subscribed until you fix the game.

Not exactly. The social level 10 requirement isn't present on the for sale speeder :)

That has nothing to do with lore or canon, unless you go by the movies. Sith simply used red color crystals a lot more, because red generally denoted hate and anger.

No. That is not the contextual lore reason they were used. That certainly is the aesthetic reason they were chosen to be red, however, by Lucas. And aesthetic SHOULD matter.

BioWare already understands that aesthetics matter...that's the reason they've done away with the day/night cycle (which I'm fine with). I thought BioWare would appreciate the aesthetic reasons for maintaining the Red/Blue-Green division.

To me, this smacks of a corporate decision (aka Smedly of SWG fame) rather than an artistic choice.

I'm all for the changes and everything. But if tier 2 drops in price, and tier 3 goes up...I JUST bought my tier two and broke my bank. Are we going to get any kind of refund to help with 3? Just an idea. Seems kinda unfair that I work 12 hours a day and didn't get to power my way there from launch and avoid the price change. Just saying.

This is exactly my concern. Thousands of players will be FORCED to pay the new high price of tier 3 after having already paid the soon to be reduced price of the tier 1 and tier 2.

A refund is the only fair solution.

I play a lot the story mode because is absolutely fascinating. But:

· I want to play as a droid

· I want to be able to control my companions

· I want to be able to use personal map markers and able to link them on the chat for the others to see

· I want unique icons for every talent/skill and not shared

· I want a fully military class for both imperial and republic with military costumes and all and not only the “covert ops” agent class

· I want an imperial trooper and a Republic Agent (they are in the game as NPC!).

· I want to playa as a Jawa

· I want a powerful droid companion (for example: droideka)

· I want some kind of reward for killing people in open pvp (for example: Tatooine)

· I want you to improve the open pvp experience, because it its the best pvp this game can offer

· I want more planets, more weapons, more armors, more missions, more everything!

· I want better animations in some cases, and more social animations (for example: meditate)

· I want a lot more options to customize my character

· I want to be able to change name, re-customize my character and have a lot more presonalization options.

· I want to be able to buy furnishings and many more accessories for my ship.

· I want my friends to be able to visit my ship and travel with me in it.

· I want less loading screens and senseless shuttle bays

· When I get on my ship, I want it to stay on the planet unless I decide to travel to another planet/space location

· I want a better, smoother and extremely more optimized GRAPHICS ENGINE.

· I want to be able to use personal map markers and able to link them on the chat for the others to see

· I want a fully military class for both imperial and republic with military costumes and all and not only the “covert ops” agent class

· I want an imperial trooper and a Republic Agent (they are in the game as NPC!).

· I want some kind of reward for killing people in open pvp (for example: Tatooine)

· I want you to improve the open pvp experience, because it its the best pvp this game can offer

· I want more planets, more weapons, more armors, more missions, more everything!

· I want better animations in some cases, and more social animations (for example: meditate)

· I want to be able to change name, re-customize my character and have a lot more presonalization options.

· When I get on my ship, I want it to stay on the planet unless I decide to travel to another planet/space location

Agreed. There are a couple pvp things I would add in there because I'm more of a pvp oriented player but I agree wholeheartedly with everything you listed. Thank you.

Agreed. There are a couple pvp things I would add in there because I'm more of a pvp oriented player but I agree wholeheartedly with everything you listed. Thank you.

Well your not looking hard enough because your friends can go on your ship and you can fly them places.

I see a lot of "I wants"... anyone else?

>.>

By the way, your friends ca visit your ship and travel with you in it. Just not Ops group sized friends.

And while I can agree with some of your demands, playing as a Droid and a Jawa make no sense, AT ALL.

And while the Imperial Trooper and Republic Agent would be fun... you've already got them with the Bounty Hunter and Smuggler. Exact same classes.

Am I understanding this right; The quest of going to Tatooine, then Hoth, then Ilum will be gone because with no work, you can buy your awesome crystals?

Also, when they remove these vehicles, what's replacing them?

How long would we have to save credits to buy these? In other words, any speculation as to what the "limited time" is?

Am I understanding this right; The quest of going to Tatooine, then Hoth, then Ilum will be gone because with no work, you can buy your awesome crystals?

You're not understanding it right, no.

See http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=335166 for which crystals are sold - magenta isn't on there.

That quest is still there and, in fact, in 1.2, the journey is quite a bit more involved if you want the very top endgame magenta crystal :)