Official Q&A Thread for February 24th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you considered adding a "companion" loot roll option? It would help distinguish such rolls from rolling for credits, and nobody will ever have to ask whether it's okay if they roll need for companion gear so that the drops aren't wasted.

Do we get any non-combat content in the future?

In other games, like SWG, or EQ2, you spent days, decorating your house / ship.

You could watch Player Dancers & Musicians performing in cantinas in SWG.

You could use the Music system in LOTRO to have your char play Music from text files programmed in certain way.

You had Minigames like bar brawls in AoC.

Maybe even interacton with your spouse (and if its oblya kiss a day) once you marry your companion.

Just ANYTHING thats not combat.

Edited by Kheldras

Can you give any more details on the ranked warzone feature coming out in patch 1.2 this March? If not, maybe could you discuss the philosophy behind what you hope to achieve with the feature? Mostly though, I'm curious if you are planning the same type of ranking system as World of Warcraft's battlegrounds that pretty much just turned them into another form of "arena" (and not at all what the most people, or us "casuals" anyway, wanted!), or more of an individualized ranking system that will give each player a ranking and utilize it during the matchmaking process to some degree.

Is the in-game helpdesk managed by a 3rd-party support company? Or is the support actually provided directly from EA/Bioware?

Every time I receive a response on there, it's always a canned reply. I spent literally 2 hours talking with one of the reps in live chat that didn't seem to know anything about what I was asking. They wouldn't even transfer to their supervisor.

I really want to know if the in-game helpdesk is 3rd-party. That's a reasonable question to answer. 3rd-party support is helpful to a lot of people who want their hand held and have someone look up the answer for them, but absolutely useless when it comes to troubleshooting bugs or higher level technical problems. People should know if he in-game helpdesk is even worth their time, and this answer would help determine that.

The question is about gearing-up while leveling to 50.

Currently, if you get for a slot an orange item that you like, that slot for all intents and purposes is removed from your character other for mod upgrades. Going from Speciality Good and pvp vendors, the number of orange items one can equip by lvl 20 is pretty impressive. As a result, more and more quest rewards/loot drops become irrelevant, while most of the crafting professions provide little to no reason for dealing with them until you go to 50 (where Bioware said they will make all professions viable). So my question is:

Are you doing anything to counter or fix the problems with gearing up while leveling, as created by accumulation of orange items (both in terms of quest rewards/loot drops and profession-made items)?

Pvp warzone civil war alderaan.

Side spiders

Is there a possibility to have the side speeders land 5 m further away from the node.

As it is, 4 to 5 players can defend a side node very long against 7 attackers, allowing the 3-4 other defenders to cap all the nodes.

Colour Blind Mode

I know i am in the 8% minority that is colourblind to some that maybe not worth the coding

but to me and that 8% it would be great to be able to target enemies and make the game more enjoyable

Please change the enemy colours to blue for colourblind ppl PLZ?

Question: When and if are third-party add-ons and mods going to be enabled in game?

Details:

Just note that I am not asking for mods that will actually do things FOR you, but ones that change the interface (size of interface, extra buttons, being able to move quickslot bars to areas, Heads-Up Health/Force display, etc).

While the interface isn't TERRIBLE, it could use a lot of work. It seems I am constantly watching my bar for cooldowns and procs instead of the game around me when tanking/healing/dpsing. Allowing mods would allow more of this "heads-up" display which allows people to focus more on what's going on around them instead of keeping eyes glued to a progressing bar which doesn't even show the seconds left until you mouse-over the key.

Also, are you EVER going to fix the "Crystal Shipment" quest on Ilum? It's been bugged since I hit 50 in mid-January.

Edited by Caffeinetank

ok, since my last post got removed as we are apparently allowed to pop only one question, I'll ask something completely different:

I haven't tried the common tree yet, but the scrapper tree is clearly built around using back blast on cooldown (talents improving damage, crit chance, crit damage, reducing cost, providing major dps buff after usage of the ability) and not being able to hit the backblast at least every 15 seconds to keep flechette round buff up hurts scoundrel damage pretty bad. The multi boss fight in EV definitely comes to mind here.

Therefore my question is following:

Are there any plans for adjusting scoundrel/operative ability to deal decent sustained damage from front of the target?

Edited by tenehuini

Can we expect, at some point, to have more responses from the devs on the forum? It seems that for the most part we are greatly ignored. I know you can not answer every post or in every thread but it would nice to see some response instead of dead silence in almost every forum. Thoughts?

Hi there my devvers :)

My question is very simple, I find it troublesome to compare mods/enhancements/armouring/hilts/crystals that are installed in my armor or lightsabre. Will you be implenting something that lets you see the stats of what you have (like the comparatity you can do of the boots - boots or jacket - jacket)?

I don't feel useful in pvp because as an imperial agent the bounty hunter next to me can do the exact same moves, knockbacks, stuns etc. It feels like you took one class, renamed and reskinned all the moves, do you plan on adding character diversity in the future? Or adding actual ROLES/ counters for classes?

Because I have to honestly say if this system is already in place it appears to be executed poorly, as an Imperial Agent I can kill a Jedi Counsular just as easily as a Trooper, there's no incentive to target a certain class, no incentive to fufil a certain role.

What I see is every class zerging, DPSing, Healing, and CCing no class appears to have strengths or weaknesses, to be honest if you lost the armor and the attack animations they're pretty much all the same class.

In closing it's bad enough there is so much CC and knockbacks in PVP (about 200-300% more than is reasonable) There's no reason a heavy hitting trooper with alot of armor should have as many knock backs and stuns as a squishy smuggler who has 30% the armor.

Edited by UnclearImage

My question is relating to the setup of ops groups.

I believe most operation content can be completed with 1 tank, with an offtank being required on the odd boss fight or trash. This is for both 8 and 16 man encounters. I find this a terrible concept - especially as the 4 man flashpoints mean you need to have more than 2 tanks in your guild if you want to run more than a few groups each night. It creates very difficult circumstances as the excess tanks swap to DPS to get raid spots, which then leaves you short on tanks for flashpoints.

I would expect to see at least 2 tanks required for 8 man operations, with a few encounters based on 1.

So my question is:

Do you design operations around a set group (example 2 tanks, 3 healers, 4 dps etc) or do different designers create boss encounters to their own ideals? If you do not use a set group, will you design future operations with this in mind?

Edited by Fu-bear

Do you have any long term/short term plans to introduce any sort of sandbox elements to this game? Your prepared content is great aside from the fact that we can consume the new stuff exponentially faster than you can produce it.

So there is some thought that sand-box elements would really serve well in bridging the release gap and in truth it adds some depth & personal investment in a game that you aren't going to get out of 100% produced content.