Official Q&A Thread for February 24th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

Being level 50 and geared past the need for daily commendations, I've lost all need to do space missions, which is a shame, because they are definitely one of my favorite parts of the game. Even on my alts I finish the main objective and bonus objective with 2-4 minutes left in the mission, and past that point it gets kind of tedious just shooting ships for 7 xp each. Is there any added incentive to do space missions at 50 in the works? Such as a scoring or ranking system? Anything you can say would be greatly appreciated. Edited by Maldorando

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a possibility for no experience gain, as a few other MMO's have done?

I imagine the dev team put a lot of time and effort into writing and programming all of the various side stories on every planet in the game, and I get to feeling bad when I run past all those side quest contacts in fear of out-leveling my class arc. If there was a way to disable xp gain (even just combat xp, gaining xp on mission turn-in only), then I would be able to delve into all the missions the game has to offer.

What are your thoughts on the Resolve mechanic? Do you feel it is working as you intended it to?

I, and many other players, feel like the Resolve mechanic is inconsistent and/or ineffective. More specifically, I believe roots/snares need to affect the Resolve mechanic because as a melee class, being snared/rooted with a full Resolve bar is easily the most frustrating issue. By the time the snare/root wears off, our Resolve bar is slowly draining away and the enemy simply CCs me by the time I get to him. If you believe roots/snares shouldn't affect Resolve, then at least possibly look into adding a diminishing returns system to them at least.

Edited by copasetic

I know this is probably too much to ask, but will Ashara's Race be available to play through Legacy? As I want to reroll my main to her and I am in sometype of limbo.

I am legacy lvl 20, in hopes to beable to play her race.

Any hints would be greatly appreciated :D

What are the plans for the current romance stories? Will they be finished? Will I get my wedding ceremony? Will my romanced companion treat me differently in battle, etc. (ala Dragon Age)? Will my romanced companion move into my bedroom on my ship?

How many players will we need to field a ranked warzone team? Will we have to get 8 specific individuals together every time we want to play on the team? This is difficult to begin with (even raiding guilds don't take the exact same 8/16 players every time), but could be especially difficult for players on low-population servers.

Is there a neutral Trade House? I mean I can understand a little bit about not having one.. But I mean Luke a Jedi talked with his Father a Sith. the Emperor himself worked in the republic for many years prior to being the emperor. Stands to reason that you could have one. . or at least some how in the legacy.

Tab targeting, are we gonna see any improvemet on this. It feels "slow", "sluggish" and the worst part sometimes totally random! I think most people would like the tab targeting work in a cone in front of the player, that would probably feel a bit more intuative.

Orbital Stations seem to be more a traveling pain and serve no in-game purpose. What was your initial reasoning behind implementing Planetary Orbital Stations and do these work as intended? Do you plan on implementing further planet-planet traveling options, such as allowing "quick travel" to work on planets your character isn't currently on?

What are your plans regarding damage mitigation in PVP? There are a huge number of player attacks which bypass some or all of shields, armor, and defense, as well as the fact that high crit chance pushes down shield chance; all of this means that defensive specialization and gearing is notably inferior to a dps-focused build in a pvp context.

Battlegrounds in World of Warcraft always felt like an afterthought. Up to this point each expansion released has only given us 1 or 2 additional Battlegrounds and then we were made to wait up to 2 years before any more were added. Meanwhile, PvE players were having Dungeons and Raids thrown at them on a fairly consistent basis. In the 7 years of WoW there are only 8 Battlegrounds and 4 different objective types.

I was very happy to see that Patch 1.2 is giving us another Warzone. Only a few months after TOR's launch we'll have 4 Warzones to play in. Is this any indication of Bioware's level of commitment in bringing additional Warzones to PvP players on a consistent basis or will we be forced to wait so long for so little afterwards? Could we expect a new Warzone every 3 to 6 months or should we expect that the normal situation will be being given a handful of Warzones early and then wait a long time for something new?

Daily mission are killing 49 purple crafting Tinonese gear and Centurion gear, where they all involve a lot more effort to get. Are you planing to tone down power of those daily reward to reflect the effort invested ? (I feel they should be rated 120)

Since i'm mainly doing PvP I have concerns to where the game is going. The resolve bar having real issues (snare and root not taken into resolve) and the balance overall a lot to be desired. What do you plan (in details please) in the futur about those issues.

I'd also like to know more details about what the futur is reguarding new warzones / format (ex: 4v4 or 8v8) and what about some kind of ladder or ranking system.

Are you ever going to fix animations on clutch abilities like Force Wave // Overload, which are extremely buggy (the area of effect is centered at where you were when you hit the button, not where you are when it goes off) and can be interrupted (despise being instant)? These abilities are extremely hard to use and unreliable. Worse, they're extremely important in PvP, especially due to the prevalence of HuttBall.

Hi,

Question:

What, if any, animation changes can consulars look forward to?

Background:

It is generally accepted that the Inquisitor animations were done first/best. There is a huge coolness gap with the consular animations, and they feel like they were phoned in/rushed to alot of players. Build after build in beta the same issues with the animations were brought up, but they were not fixed and went live...

Project has its delay problems, it takes time to pull up the magic rock, time to levitate and spin it, time to hurl it and travel to target...and it is not popular as a magic junk thrower with many players. Replacement suggestions include a saber throw, or swapping it with the Disturbance animation, which can easily be streamlined to instant cast, and then the chunk a clunker animation can be tied to a skill that has an activation timer, like the animation so obviously needs...

Throw is also not popular (pebblestorm) as magic pebble throwing...

Together, Project and Throw make the consular jedi caster class feel like a junk/debris throwing shaman that can magically make junk/debris show up anywhere, at his feet or out of thin air. Then you have the obvious problems of pulling up magic rocks out of starship decks, etc. The animations are environmentally ignorant...they cheat. What's worse, for any actual fan of the movies, Sith are the junk throwers. They throw junk 18x (or 6x if you count anakin, but I dont since he was going to the darkside and wasnt exactly the jedi poster boy) more than jedi. Every Sith thrrew objects at targets in the movies. So the jedi caster class is based on a skill that is fundamentally Sith.

Then there are the Force Breach ani and Kinetic Ward (which also has mechanic problems and many players would like it to be passive, tied into Combat Technique...)

Overall the combat animations and the cinematic nature of combat is one of the game's strengths...perhaps thats why the consular animations stick out so much like a sore thumb. Thx.

Edited by Dyvim