Official Q&A Thread for February 24th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: Are there any plans to redesign/change Operative healing mechanics to make it more in line with other healers, especially healing Sorc?

Background: Based on experiences of many, Operative is considered 2nd class healer. It lacks abilities to counter DPS spikes and effectively AoE heal ops.

Hello,

As a QA tester I can certainly respect the difficultly of adding in same gender romance options to current companion characters. In fact I'd say it would be nearly impossible and the time going over the code better spent elsewhere... That being said, do you have an update on when we can expect same gender romances? Realistically I'd not expect to see this until new companion characters are introduced. Are you able to provide an update or even confirm that this is still in the works?

Little is known about the legacy system thus far. As far as additional "abilities" and perks, are these going to be made available to existing characters, or purely relegated to new characters created after the legacy system is implemented? Essentially, if you have several 50s do they get the same treatment as one who is still leveling?

What is being done to address the hackers?

What I think a lot of them are doing is using the hacks for their 3 WZ daily wins and then going legit for the rest of their play. The changes in their play from one WZ to the next is dramatic. The biggest issue is the one that lets them zip across the screen in an instant.

The number 1 complaint I hear among friends, guildies, and general chat is how over-powered knock back is in the Warzones. It is unbelievable able that 1 player can kill up to 5 players with 1 global cooldown, that cannot be resisted.

I think in general, the CC in the game is hurting the quality of PVP content. It is not well balanced. The resolve bar, while it functions as intended, does not adequately get the job done.

A well played Agent/Smuggler can kill almost anyone in the time the stuns wear out. If the target is not dead, they are so far behind it is nearly impossible to recover. (On a side note, these characters can VANISH without a trace. So not only can they destroy me but even if I blind side them they have an "I win" button.)

I have suggestions but I am trying to keep this shorter then a thesis paper LOL.

When do you plan to address these issues and what are your plans in doing so?

As a guild leader and a raid leader I have found that taking Melee is pointless in raids due the amount of AOE close to boss or mechanics that really do not make it easy for Melee or healers who have to pick up the extra damage with more healing, yet the Melee arc types are far more common.

Are the boss mechanics going to be balanced so that Melee are not left out?

Are you going to help the scoundrel and operative so they are welcome for PVE and slightly better in PVP, mainly due to energy drains, in the future?

I know of the healing buff but what about our DPS buff, thats equally important.

Scoundrels are turned down for raids unless its with friends or a none progression guild.

I play scoundrel and its a lovely class, but there is a reason im one of the few scoundrels that keeps playing scrapper spec, not to mention there are just a few scoundrels in total;-)

Hoping you have an answer so we can get this lovely class in more shape for the future, as many are rerolling due to the ineffectivness in mainly pve due to energy drain which leads to bad sustained damage (again, this also affects pvp).

Edited by Waagabond

Is there any chance we could get the ability to bind keys to the raid/target markers that are in the game?

It's the one feature that would make a lot of tanks' lives much much easier and make target marking a breeze.

Right now, I have to manually click each target, then right click their portrait and pick the icon and hope I've hit the right one :)

This makes changing target markers on the fly a pain in the neck.

So please please, pretty please :) Give us key bindings for raid/target markers :)

would you be considering mentoring-functionality in the future? (as in higher lvl character can mentor down to the level of their friend, so that the quests are again challenging for both and there wouldn't be a need to create alts for this reason alone... as i know some like to play only one character)