Official Q&A Thread for February 24th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

Is there any internal concern about the power level of knockbacks or gap closers in PVP (specifically Huttball)? In my experience, Huttball is a very polarizing game. It's fun if you have knockbacks, pulls or leaps. It's quite unfun if you lack any of these. Edited by Azaranth

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read the entire Q&A thread, so bear with me on this. I know for a lot of users, that in-game customer service is an issue to say the least. To make a long story short, when are we to expect more frequent in-game GMs to solve immediate issues that can't be solved by the user him/herself?

I for one haven't had an issue come up that requires in-game support, but I know others who certainly would have benefited.

The main reason I play a mmo is the guild experience and the storyline. You have done wonderful with the storyline, but the guild interface needs some help. We need guild banks to be able to pool resources, and it would be great if you actually did the guild hall/ship so we can have a physical meeting place, possibly with perks we can pool our credits together to buy.

Is there an ETA on any of these features or are we stuck with what we've got?

I'd like to see certain pieces of end game loot be tweaked, specifically the pvp and pve bounty hunter dps blasters. No crit on them anywhere nor are they modable, but we need crit badly. Maybe if the weapons were modable like the armor sets? Also, if when tooltipping over a schematic, it would be nice if it told us if we already knew it or not. That would make buying them in the GTN alot easier.

If I've read correctly, we'll be getting Ranked Warzones and a revamp of the PVP lvl 50 Gear rewards coming "soon" (I think I've seen 1.2?) Can we get more imput on what the ideas are for these features? For instance one question that really stands out to me is will full 8 man premades be allowed to queue for Ranked WZ's?

What are your long term goals for the Sentinel? what, if any abilities, can we see added in the future. Many players have complained about the sentinel being the weakest of the DPS classes What are you doing to resolve this? Any future plans to give them a knockback ability or a CC immunity for their resolve ability?

Do you believe Hybrid Sorcerer or Sage spec'd something like 15-15-11 should be as viable as they currently are in level 50 Warzones? A tank class that can guard another class pays a penalty for doing so, doing a "hybrid" role in PVP, but the Sorcerer and Sage classes do not.

Is there any plans for a PVP storyline?

I like the different types of PVP we have in game, but there seems not a story driven reason to go other the to "PVP". Have you guys conciered a on fleet person (instead of the box) with whom as we complete an predetermined amount of dailys, will furthur a seperate PVP story over a long arc? Kinda like the Jedi or Sith you interact with as you get and complete flashpoints, but with actual story rewards?

Are there any plans to address the massive amount of stuns + CC currently present in PvP. It's pretty common now to spend upwards of half your time in Warzones stunned, dead, or waiting for a respawn/ As it is now, resolve doesn't help much, since you will inevitably be nearly dead by the time the bar fills, filling the bar does not break your current CC, and resolve decays while waiting for a respawn. It'd be really great to see the cooldown on CC breaks reduced (either across the board or talented) and to see a method for reducing the cooldown of your CC break further when you recieve stuns. Thanks!

What are your plans to improve the way in which PvE Players get end-game equipment? I'm talking about end-game equipment that is equally effective to PvP end-game equipment...I talked to another Guild Leader yesterday and he said Hard Modes are virtually impossible without 2nd Tier PvP equipment...So you need PvP equipment to do PvE content on a PvE Server? Because believe me that is the way some Folks are understanding it...Why is it that My Guild and I chose a PvE Server (for a reason) and right down to the last man we feel we are being forced into PvP to get the gear so we can run Hard Modes, Operations, etc?