Make Biometric Crystal Alloy Not BoP

Mikeydecoy

True.

And imagine that while ago there were mmos withouth bops which managed to create huge, blooming economy interesting for players, making money have value and players have less grinding while more fun.

Very true and that is what the game should be about having fun no matter what your playstyle.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very true and that is what the game should be about having fun no matter what your playstyle.

And there were also MMOs without BoPs where if you wanted to get any item a boss dropped you had to wait in line for hours because of all the people farming it. And that's if people were actually taking turns.

You know Black Talon/Esseles Hard Mode is really quite easy. If you have full PvP gear you'll have no problem doing it in less than an hour. Just get the alloy from that, the final boss drops it every time.

'

He's still forced to do PvE content for mats..

He wants his Rakata stim, why should he be forced to go through content of the game which he doesn't like for acces to something that is neutral?

Crew skill =/= PvE content

True.

And imagine that while ago there were mmos withouth bops which managed to create huge, blooming economy interesting for players, making money have value and players have less grinding while more fun.

I don't want BOP gone...I want a way To BOP my grenades without doing stuff I don't want to do..Imagine If I could make grenades with a 1 minute CD because of some PVP item.. because Bioware thinks its a great Idea...If PVers want it they have to farm Warzones :eek: and not like that crap Ilum farming they do now...real WZs against real PVPers...doesn't sound like a whole lot of fun for someone that doesn't care for it.

Ill fumble my what through some HMs when I have the time and feel like taking a break from my PVP gear grind but I don't think I should have to...jmo.

Edited by Zekeiele

I'm with the OP. Some people don't LIKE to do PVE. Can I? Yes, but with the ridiculously long FP's in this game I'm not the slightest bit interested. And I shouldn't be gimped in PVP because other's there play PVE and get stuff not available to PVP.

If you can't get the PVE mats from PVP, give us a similar/equivalent version from PVP. Say... Battlemaster Might Stim?

Edit: Idea, let the BCA mat be a rare drop from BM Bags? That makes it still not "easy mode" to pick up but gives PVPers a shot at getting it as well as PVEers.

BT HM takes like 20-30 minutes...ohhh noooooooes

might have already been posted but

why not just make them purchasable with the tionese crystals everyone has a disproportionate number of

Im not looking to screw up the PVE economy...let me purchase them with 1000 centurion comms or whatever. Edited by Zekeiele

And there were also MMOs without BoPs where if you wanted to get any item a boss dropped you had to wait in line for hours because of all the people farming it. And that's if people were actually taking turns.

And those MMO's also had multi-day spawn timers and no instances...

Personally, I'm pretty much completely against the concept of BoP. BoP items are about elitist gear grinds and drawing out the "end game" content as long as possible. 'Course, I'm pretty much against what I consider worthless "end game" content too. I'm sort of inclined to feel that when a group kills the big bad boss at the end of instance "X", everybody should get their own item off the boss, and not just one for the whole group. They can then move on to some actual NEW content. Whether that be another/different flashpoint, or another/different game. Would make that whole "need/greed/pass" argument so much more academic.

Maybe if it is to remain BOP make it so it's bound to your ACCOUNT not just that particular character. I have my crafting characters and then my playing/gathering characters. Now in order to even roll on one of the Biometrics I have to drop my skills and take up a profession that can use them, which I already have maxed out on my crafting characters. Account bound will keep the economy safe from noob sellers who will sell it for a million times what it's worth, while allowing players to craft for their entire account. If I gotta do it though I don't really care. Not THAT hard to level up synthweaving or artificing to get the items I want/need.

You would think it's rocket science or brain surgery from some of these posts though. Just a bunch of QQers who need everything given to them now and then will complain because everything is too easy. Grow up and put your big girl pants on....difficulty should remain hard for everything. WoW is needing their customers back so if this is too tough go back and nerf the heck out of that game...but leave this one alone. You people have done enough nerfing damage to this game as it is with you incessant crying about " ohhh! this is so unfair! he can make more money than I can cuz I didn't pick up slicing to begin with to give myself a cred base to craft with!!!!". If you want fair wait until August/September...it will be in town and you can hide under mommy's skirt cuz you are too scared to man up and ride the big-boy rides. Shoulda stuck to Mario Cart nooblettes!

'

He's still forced to do PvE content for mats..

He wants his Rakata stim, why should he be forced to go through content of the game which he doesn't like for acces to something that is neutral?

Crew skill =/= PvE content

This would be a valid argument if BCAs weren't used to make Rakata gear as well.

This would be a valid argument if BCAs weren't used to make Rakata gear as well.

Rakata gear which in the end is better than BM gear.

Even if it weren't, what difference would it make?

Crew Skills =/= PvE content..

Therefore PvP players should have to put in an equal amount of work in PvP content to get BCA as PvE players put in PvE content to get BCA. Don't see how making them purchasable for champion comms from PvP vendors or random from Champ Bags could hurt anyone?

Would not make it easier, Just allowing the PvP players to get it in a fair way.

If you don't want to work for PvE items because you don't like to PvE that really isn't our problem.

There are stims obtained via PvP that heal for even more then the rakata stims and are even cheaper to obtain... Why can't I use those in PvE?

There are only WZ medpacks & expertise adrenals, No stims.

Crew Skills aren't PvE content btw.

Edited by _Zorth_

If you don't want to work for PvE items because you don't like to PvE that really isn't our problem.

There are stims obtained via PvP that heal for even more then the rakata stims and are even cheaper to obtain... Why can't I use those in PvE?

Stims aren't pve items, and I doubt crew skills are meant to be pve only. They actually really compliment pvp well since some won't even have contact with planets (I leveled from 25-50 through pvp alone, never got anything past my 3rd companion and still had 400 armstech at the end).

The power adrenals are damned good too once you get to the point where half of the expertise adrenal is wasted. The only point you have is the warzone medpack, but using the Rakata one saves you on medals for about 800 less hp healed, so that's a big plus there too.

No sorry, your logic is pretty horrible.

Rakata gear which in the end is better than BM gear.

Even if it weren't, what difference would it make?

Crew Skills =/= PvE content..

Therefore PvP players should have to put in an equal amount of work in PvP content to get BCA as PvE players put in PvE content to get BCA. Don't see how making them purchasable for champion comms from PvP vendors or random from Champ Bags could hurt anyone?

Would not make it easier, Just allowing the PvP players to get it in a fair way.

There are only WZ medpacks & expertise adrenals, No stims.

Crew Skills aren't PvE content btw.

you keep stating that crew skills are not pve content, yet you have failed to show how they are supported by pvp. faulty logic does not a convincing case make.

Use the 48 reusables and deal with it if another guy has the rakata version then he did something to get it that you aren't willing to do. I would like to have rakata gear without having to run ops but not happening. I would like to have BM gear without having to pvp but not happening. And if you can't stomach 45 minutes in hard mode black talon to get one of these I have no sympathy for you. They are not hard to get. I just hope you are on a pvp server because if you are the only guy running without rakata reusables then you are doing something wrong because everyone else can figure it out. Seriously if you cannot hack it in pvp with the 48 reusables then the rakata ones aren't going to help L2P or find another pvp environment because there is no invincible stim or 1 shot adrenal.

God I am so tired of all the pvp whining about wanting everything easier.

Use the 48 reusables and deal with it if another guy has the rakata version then he did something to get it that you aren't willing to do. I would like to have rakata gear without having to run ops but not happening. I would like to have BM gear without having to pvp but not happening. And if you can't stomach 45 minutes in hard mode black talon to get one of these I have no sympathy for you. They are not hard to get. I just hope you are on a pvp server because if you are the only guy running without rakata reusables then you are doing something wrong because everyone else can figure it out. Seriously if you cannot hack it in pvp with the 48 reusables then the rakata ones aren't going to help L2P or find another pvp environment because there is no invincible stim or 1 shot adrenal.

God I am so tired of all the pvp whining about wanting everything easier.

What he said!

If you can get a required material for a universal Crew Skill through only one form of content, it isn't a good marketing ploy to force your consumers to trudge through content they do not enjoy. After all, they are paying for the content. You can never make everyone happy, but I think it is an acceptable argument that PvP and PvE deserve equal value rewards, whether it be through gear or crafting materials, in one way or another, since those two concepts largely define the basis behind MMO gaming.

100000x this.

Do not force people to raid or PvP.

Make all crafting materials available via missions/gathering. I don't really care about BoP, although I think some things should be changed (Cybertech mounts etc.) but whatever.

100000x this.

Do not force people to raid or PvP.

Make all crafting materials available via missions/gathering. I don't really care about BoP, although I think some things should be changed (Cybertech mounts etc.) but whatever.

Nobody is forcing anybody to do anything. You choose to do things based on your goals. PvPers complaining that they have to PvE to get things they want is like me complaining that I shouldn't need to do PvP to get Warzone Commendations. After all, I pay for the content, amirite?

I would like it if Biometric Crystal Alloy was BOE so I had SOME reason to use the GTN.

Seriously, I want to use the GTN but there is little point. Nothing to sell, nothing to buy.

Agreed, I wish they were BoE as well so I could have my Alt Powertechs Armormech Rakata Belt/Bracers crafted once he hit 50 :)

I can't understand why all this ************ about biochem things is coming from pvpers. Pvpers are the group of players that are the least dependent on biochem. Pvpers have:

1) A superior adrenal consumable (very cheap, earned through pvp).

2) A superior healing consumable (again very cheap and earned through pvp)

3) So all pvpers are missing is the stim. Fun fact, exotech stims are BETTER than the reusable rakata stim and are usable by anyone. So you can spend 15-20k for a 2 hour stim that persists through death.

Because of the above pvpers don't need any crafting skill at all and are free to take 3 gathering skills to earn free credits while pvping which will easily cover the cost of your 1 stim every 2 hours. You also have 3 items which are better in every way for pvp than the reusable rakata items.

So what is the point of this thread again?

you keep stating that crew skills are not pve content, yet you have failed to show how they are supported by pvp. faulty logic does not a convincing case make.

They benefit both PvE players & PvP players. Biochem benefits PvP even more, due to the persisting through death stims and re-usables, since they die much more than PvE players. The other crafting skills are useless unless you want the BiS items, You can just run a few EV/KP and ta-da, you have some columi gear, relics & a new weapon.

The system was maybe designed more for PvE players since it's easier for them to get the mats and there is no expertise gear to craft, But PvP gear is bad compared to PvE gear and BioChem benefits PvP players more.

Would be nice if you provide some suggestions as to what would be so terrible if BCA became tradeable or purchasable from PvP vendors for a high amount of PvP comms?

Um... yes they are. When's the last time you heard of somebody sending out a companion on a mission that failed because another player somehow inhibited them?

Never said it was PvP content either.

You seem to think that things in this game are either PvP or PvE. Crew Skills benefit PvE players and PvP players equally. Biochem benefots PvP players more than PvE players.

So what is the point of this thread again?

What could go wrong if BCA got tradeable?

Edited by _Zorth_