Make Biometric Crystal Alloy Not BoP

Mikeydecoy

I'm with the OP. I don't like PVE, and I really don't want to engage in it. But in order to get the highest level crafting materials, you HAVE to. There really should be an alternative way of earning those materials, through PVP. Either that, or allow players who DO enjoy PVE to sell them in the galactic market.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with the OP. I don't like PVE, and I really don't want to engage in it. But in order to get the highest level crafting materials, you HAVE to. There really should be an alternative way of earning those materials, through PVP. Either that, or allow players who DO enjoy PVE to sell them in the galactic market.

/signed

He didn't say that, He said that there should be a way for PvP'ers to get BCA without having to PvE. I dont know where you got the gear from..

I think you are missing the point the poster was trying to make...

OP is saying "I do not want to have to do PvE to get something that I want. I want to PvP to get it, so give it to me through PvP".

Poster you are responding to is using the same argument - "I do not want to have to do PvP to get something that I want. I want to PvE to get it, so give it to me through PvE".

I can see the point of not giving PvP BM gear through PvE, but a non-geared 50 trying to get their BM gear by going up against BM geared 50's is an exercise in spawn-die-spawn-die unless they are part of a well-organised premade. It is about as much fun for him as farming the BCA is for the PvPer who is forced to PvE.

I don't have a problem with people getting a 1% chance to drop a BCA out of PvP bags. That way when they run their lolPVP ad nauseum, they'll eventually get one. Or they can just plug their nose, do something they don't want to do and get it with a 100% chance (or 25% if they're pugging).

Problem solved :p

I think you are missing the point the poster was trying to make...

OP is saying "I do not want to have to do PvE to get something that I want. I want to PvP to get it, so give it to me through PvP".

Poster you are responding to is using the same argument - "I do not want to have to do PvP to get something that I want. I want to PvE to get it, so give it to me through PvE".

I can see the point of not giving PvP BM gear through PvE, but a non-geared 50 trying to get their BM gear by going up against BM geared 50's is an exercise in spawn-die-spawn-die unless they are part of a well-organised premade. It is about as much fun for him as farming the BCA is for the PvPer who is forced to PvE.

Not a fair comparison PVPers know if they want PVE gear they have to grind it like everyone else BCA is needed for crafting a skill that is supposed to be self sufficient and cross gameplay styles...it's not...You have to PVE for a LOT of the higher end stuff and I play just as many hours doing what I enjoy (PVP) as they do doing what they enjoy..Bio has stated that they want EVERYONE to enjoy the crafting system yet they have made it impossible for hardcore PVPers.

Edited by Zekeiele

Not a fair comparison PVPers know if they want PVE gear they have to grind it like everyone else BCA is needed for crafting a skill that is supposed to be self sufficient and cross gameplay styles...it's not...You have to PVE for a LOT of the higher end stuff and I play just as many hours doing what I enjoy (PVP) as they do doing what they enjoy..Bio has stated that they want EVERYONE to enjoy the crafting system yet they have made it impossible for hardcore PVPers.

wrong. its pretty easy to make the connection that crafting is considered a pve activity. all of the material nodes are in pve areas. you just want your infinite consumables without having to actually put in the work for it, since you will be running warzones and opening bags anyway.

if anything to be "fair" you should be asking that there be a non raid/hm fp option since there are a chunk of people that dont want to do those either.

wrong. its pretty easy to make the connection that crafting is considered a pve activity. all of the material nodes are in pve areas. you just want your infinite consumables without having to actually put in the work for it, since you will be running warzones and opening bags anyway. .

Wrong. I can level every crewskill to 400 without ever leaving the fleet. Crewskills are as much PVP are they are PVE get that into your head.

Wrong. I can level every crewskill to 400 without ever leaving the fleet. Crewskills are as much PVP are they are PVE get that into your head.

nope, because its not true. there is no crafted pvp gear. there are no nodes in warzones. its not a pvp activity no matter how much you want it to be.

nope, because its not true. there is no crafted pvp gear. there are no nodes in warzones. its not a pvp activity no matter how much you want it to be.

You are kidding right...you do realize we want both of those as well and SHOULD have both of those as well...but we aren't greedy just let us buy/obtain what we need to make Grenades and Medpacks.

You are kidding right...you do realize we want both of those as well and SHOULD have both of those as well...but we aren't greedy just let us buy/obtain what we need to make Grenades and Medpacks.

arguable as to if we should or not. i to happen to agree that player made starter pvp gear should exist but from a pure design standpoint it seems bioware does not. as it is currently im against making alloys easier to obtain than they already are since they are frankly stupidly easy to get, wether you value the item over what you have to do to obtain it is the question.

@aether not even close. if anything those are the only items that are actually usable in all areas, attempting to pin "those are for pvp" is disengeous at best. by that logic i guess you should be able to scavenge supplies from corpses right? both biochem and cybertech supplies make sense coming from player corpses. yet you arent allowed. why should you be allowed to get the "hard part" out of the way for "free" aswell?

Thanks Carebear...you may have just saved Ilum...see sometimes O.o are good for something ;).

im actually not a carebear, i just personally hate mmo pvp. far too much zerg, rng, overgearing bs to make it competitive and worth my time. ill gladly roll you in lol, cs, bf3, or virtually any card/boardgame though.

by that logic i guess you should be able to scavenge supplies from corpses right? both biochem and cybertech supplies make sense coming from player corpses. yet you arent allowed. why should you be allowed to get the "hard part" out of the way for "free" aswell?

Logic conclusion fail. You can't bioanalyse or scavange humanoid mobs, so why should you be able to do that to players?

Every one of those carebears argueing that PVPers should run flashpoints in the hope of getting the crafting mat are simply ignorant. Would it hurt you in ANY WAY if the alloys would be available trough pvp? No. So why are you against it again?

Logic conclusion fail. You can't bioanalyse or scavange humanoid mobs, so why should you be able to do that to players?

Every one of those carebears argueing that PVPers should run flashpoints in the hope of getting the crafting mat are simply ignorant. Would it hurt you in ANY WAY if the alloys would be available trough pvp? No. So why are you against it again?

because there is no reason to make them easier to get. because i personally dont think that you should have access to everything for only playing half the game. finally, because you are begging for a change that frankly isnt needed outside of the fact that you are too lazy to make it happen. you want all of the goodies without going to the trouble of paying the price.

as the old saying goes, take what you want and pay for it.

because there is no reason to make them easier to get. because i personally dont think that you should have access to everything for only playing half the game. finally, because you are begging for a change that frankly isnt needed outside of the fact that you are too lazy to make it happen. you want all of the goodies without going to the trouble of paying the price.

That saying doesn't apply to MMOs because MMOs constantly change.

I agree that there is no reason to make them easier to get. They aren't hard to get right now. That's not the problem. The problem is that there are people who don't WANT to run hardmodes or operations to get crafting materials. Try to wrap your head around that.

Having them cost 1000 merc comms or whatever would certainly NOT make them easy to get. But then we wouldn't have to do content we don't want to do.

There IS a reason to make them available from other stuff than just endgame PVE.

P.S. Nice way to dodge the question what's the reason why we shouldn't be able to get them through PVP.

Edited by AetherMcLoud

You are kidding, right?

PvE'ers only need to play half the game to have acces to everything. This is about unfairness, Not making the game easy. When do PvE'ers have to say "Oh, just a sec need to go PvP to get something for the Operation later tonight.."?

There is NOTHING they can get out of PvP that will benefit them, The PVP gear is bad for PvE, The Valor makes no difference, The mounts are pointless and won't benefit a PvE player..

The PvP players NEED to go into FP's or Ops if they wanna just have a slight chance of getting a BCA. Why is it so wrong to make it purchasable from PvP vendors for 100 Champ/Centurion Comms or make it sellable on AH/GTN?

(I've got 64 of them, Crafted most of the BiS items.. Don't need them anymore, could sell them to earn some cash.)

This is coming from a hardcore PvE player, I've got friends who PvP alot and don't like PvE. Why should I only need to PvE to get everything, while they need to do both parts of the game?

That saying doesn't apply to MMOs because MMOs constantly change.

wait what? im what way does that quote not apply? even if the game is constantly changing going out and getting whatever it is you want and then living with the consequences of doing so is kinda there regardless.

I agree that there is no reason to make them easier to get. They aren't hard to get right now. That's not the problem. The problem is that there are people who don't WANT to run hardmodes or operations to get crafting materials. Try to wrap your head around that.

Having them cost 1000 merc comms or whatever would certainly NOT make them easy to get. But then we wouldn't have to do content we don't want to do.

There IS a reason to make them available from other stuff than just endgame PVE.

of course it would make them easier to get. you are going to be pvping anyway. getting them as a course of what you are naturally going to be doing may aswell be sending them to you in the mail as soon as you hit 400, or better yet not requiring them at all.

P.S. Nice way to dodge the question what's the reason why we shouldn't be able to get them through PVP.

in what way did i dodge? logically you dont get any other crafting mat from pvp, why should you get that one? you want pve items from pvp, just because you dont want to do what it takes to get said item. its silly. your entire argument boils down to a temper tantrum.

You are kidding, right?

PvE'ers only need to play half the game to have acces to everything. This is about unfairness, Not making the game easy. When do PvE'ers have to say "Oh, just a sec need to go PvP to get something for the Operation later tonight.."?

There is NOTHING they can get out of PvP that will benefit them, The PVP gear is bad for PvE, The Valor makes no difference, The mounts are pointless and won't benefit a PvE player..

The PvP players NEED to go into FP's or Ops if they wanna just have a slight chance of getting a BCA. Why is it so wrong to make it purchasable from PvP vendors for 100 Champ/Centurion Comms or make it sellable on AH/GTN?

(I've got 64 of them, Crafted most of the BiS items.. Don't need them anymore, could sell them to earn some cash.)

This is coming from a hardcore PvE player, I've got friends who PvP alot and don't like PvE. Why should I only need to PvE to get everything, while they need to do both parts of the game?

you dont though. to pvp effectively you still need to pvp. pvpers dont need alloys for any facet of pvp. they can buy stims/adrenals just like the rest of the non biochem players. oh, and its still "quicker" to gear up to hm ops through pvp than it is pve. also, i really have to ask, once you got all that you needed why did you continue to need/greed? ive been running hm or better ops since week 2 and there are still people in my raid groups who need them for crafting things for there companions and such. it seems that you continuing to pick them up was rather greedy dont you think? thats on top of the fact that people generally in that position really dont need the cash either so why exactly you would want to open up that market i really dont understand.

You only play 1/3 the game as well...and if you do PVP you do it because you enjoy it not bacause you HAVE to....and the other 1/3 of the game we BOTH play is crafting and I spent just as much time and credits as you leveling those skills...sinking in yet?

You only play 1/3 the game as well...and if you do PVP you do it because you enjoy it not bacause you HAVE to....and the other 1/3 of the game we BOTH play is crafting and I spent just as much time and credits as you leveling those skills...sinking in yet?

crafting isnt a third part though. its like saying space is a seperate chunk of the game. although i dont enjoy pvp i grabbed my quick bm gear. i also pvped for the lvl 30 orange set because i liked the color scheme and graphics. i did it and i didnt come here and throw a temper a tantrum that i should get all of it through pve cause i hate the pvp! i made the choice that what i wanted was of more value than putting up with the pvp in order to get it. is that sinking in yet?

I agree with the OP provided they were purchasable with commendations and earned through specific acts...not just through the every day general PvP play.

However, if they make one profession for PvP and PvE, then recipes for gear, mods, enhance, etc should also be earnable thru similar play.

crafting isnt a third part though. its like saying space is a seperate chunk of the game. although i dont enjoy pvp i grabbed my quick bm gear. i also pvped for the lvl 30 orange set because i liked the color scheme and graphics. i did it and i didnt come here and throw a temper a tantrum that i should get all of it through pve cause i hate the pvp! i made the choice that what i wanted was of more value than putting up with the pvp in order to get it. is that sinking in yet?

Wow really.... So you You exploited Ilum to get BM gear and you don't want PVPers to have access to BCA a bind on possesion item that has no value other than to the individual player..space missions..whatever your arguement is as weak as you in your "quick BM gear"

of course it would make them easier to get. you are going to be pvping anyway. getting them as a course of what you are naturally going to be doing may aswell be sending them to you in the mail as soon as you hit 400, or better yet not requiring them at all.

Aha. So PVEers SHOULD get them as a course of what they are naturally going to do, but PVPers shouldn't? That's the very definition of a double standard.

Why don't we just send you a full Rakata operations gear once you hit 50? See I can hyperbole too...

Edited by AetherMcLoud

Aha. So PVEers SHOULD get them as a course of what they are naturally going to do, but PVPers shouldn't? That's the very definition of a double standard.

Why don't we just send you a full Rakata operations gear once you hit 50? See I can hyperbole too...

Exactly..where's my "quick rakatatata gear" exploit at...like I give a flying **** about that.