Make Biometric Crystal Alloy Not BoP

Mikeydecoy

A majority of people enjoy both pvp and pve aspects of the game. I do wish they would make an mmo created for the sole purpose of pvp. Mostly just because I am tired of PVPTARDS(people who only pvp and ignore all other aspects of the game) wrecking every game that comes down the pipe because they have adhd and rage issues, and then when they have successfully broken a game they ragequit.

they have, its called gw2, and with all of the footage and info ive seen from beta, plus the brief on hand time i got with alpha, its going to be awesome. the only gripe i have with it so far is content. i feel what it currently has is pretty shallow. its very much a casuals/pvpers dream game though.

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why shouldn't it be possible? It's not like the gear was free; somebody still had to earn it. Who cares what character actually ends up equipping it?

I realize BoP raid gear is an MMO staple, but I don't agree that it necessarily has to be so. Just because something has always been a certain way doesn't mean it has to stay that way. In fact, some other MMOs I play are slowly moving towards making fewer items BoP and it's worked out fine so far.

and what type of mmos are those? that kind of system works in some environments (most notably sandbox ones) but this isnt that type of game. free floating raid level loot quickly devalues the rest of whats available. look at the current market you already have people moaning on and on about how crit crafted is the only thing "worth it" because it is the best available. if nightmare mode drops become the norm it not only trivializes all current content, but all current gear aswell. sure getting geared up into "good enough" gear will be easier and cheaper for the majority (assuming you can actually get a hold of it) but how soon after that does the playerbase get bored because "there isnt anything left to do".

getting to a decent gear level in this game is already stupidly quick, and look at how many "bored" people that are around. its one of the things that rift actually did catch flack for, initially it was super quick to get geared, so they did one of their very few smart moves and dialed back the rate at which it could be acquired. gearing after that was actually much smoother.

getting to a decent gear level in this game is already stupidly quick.

Yep, but no matter how easy PvE is in this game, it still really has no bearing on what people here are asking.

GTN could definitely use something to actually sell as well. At the very least it'd be something to spend centurion and champion tokens on.

actually its a perfectly valid analogy. you want something that doesnt currently support crafting (killing things) to support crafting (not killing things). also, you should really learn what a strawman argument actually is. it was stated that they should be boe, i stated no and why, to which you replied "i dont want to so i shouldnt have to". that isnt a rebuttal to any point i made.

No it's not even close to valid. Sorry, but that analogy is still a complete failure. And please show me verbatim, where I stated I don't want to so I shouldn't have to. And after you fail to do so, please note that you need to stop putting words in my mouth. If I feel like saying something, I'll do so, please and thank you.

What I DID say was that people should not be forced into something they don't want to do. And there are quite a few reasons why a person may not want to. Outside of the arbitrary dislike of FPs/Ops/HMs, there's also the driving issue that some people may simply not have the gear to pull their weight in a HM/Op. And gaspity-gasp some people know that, and do not want to put themselves in a position where people can potentially berate them for not doing their share of the teamwork involved. Alternatively, it can be because a person simply doesn't want to fail their team. Do some checking..ask around how many real, dedicated healers are impacted when they let a member of their team die. That's the very selfsame concept I'm attempting to describe to you now.

In summary, yes, quite a definite rebuttal, and no words in my mouth please,

crit crafted rakata belt/bracers, and crit crafted rakata relics would like to have a word. for sorcs/sages also you have crit crafted implants and earpieces that are better than the rakata vendor pieces. also, base crafted pieces for the most part are columni level. come 1.2 both crit crafted guns/lightsabers will be bis (for sorcs/sages lightsabers almost are currently, they are just below rakata). i guess thats all "entry" level though because it isnt bis?

See there you go again...making wild asusmptions. In that one quote you use the word "crit" 4 times...crit crafted this, crift crafted that, crit crit crit crit. Who said anything about crit crafted anything? I surely didn't. Are you attempting to put words in my mouth again? Entry level gear is things like oh I dunno, the Armstech blaster pistol called "Gamble" or "Two-Fingers Revenge". Are you realling going to tell me those are better than what you get from tokens/commendations as a result of doing HMs/Ops? Mind you, we're talking non-crit, just so you don't get confused.

it does though, much like frozen orbs. right now there are many people that have received all of them they need, they will pass since they have no value. making them boe they now have value so at worst everyone will greed, much more likely need. every single time you run a flashpoint it comes down to that base 25% instead of have a pretty good chance of having better odds. also, out of curiosity which "wow mentality" are you referencing?

Well for every person who has "all they need" there's a equal amount who have tried and lost the roll as well. Doesn't mean squat. Moving on, those people who don't have the gear to pull their weight in HMs/Ops could at least BUY the BCAs instead of having to resort to being carried, which many will obviously refuse to do.

WoW mentality..you seriously don't know? Seriously? /facepalm. It's the obsession with "best in slot" for everything. And it's beyond those people who min/max...there's nothing wrong with that in my opinion..but when you obsess over min/maxing to a point you surpass it...well...I saw that kind of mentality in largest degree in WoW.

oh, lol. the only thing that you can be talking about are minor cats, which had a chance of dropping from any elite. you usually received more from doing t1/t2 dungeons (more elites there) but i know the majority of my early ones were from farming mathos rep. also, not only were they never bop, but they also never cost anywhere close to a "weeks" worth of badges, unless you were only running 2 heroics a week. also the majority of "high end" items didnt even really require them. there were titans signets for warriors and to a lesser extent rogues, and a mh weapon rune that was arguably worth it till they fixed spotters order. they werent anything close to frozen orbs nor was there a "massive amount" of feedback other than a better way of getting rid of them. its the very reason why they gave apoth the ability to break them and made them required for virtually everything with the crafting update i believe in 1.4.

Sounds good..but so do politicians. Having been in Rift since beta, then I'm going to assume you came into Rift late. Insofar as crafted gear goes, literally everything a rogue would wear required one, including a bow/gun if you chose to use one. When I left Rift, my primary character was a Marksman/Saboteur/Ranger, and quite literally every article I wore required them in order to craft the high end pieces.

you havent proven or rebutted a single point in this post. you simply repeated "your wrong" a bunch of times and stated "incontrovertible facts" that are in fact wrong. which i have shown with examples.

Oh I have, you just evade, dodge and duck better than Atom. Sticking your head in the sand to the reality of the situation won't make it go away. As I said before, the BCAs need to be changed from BoP to BoE. Doing so would give alot of people the chance to actually step up and become part of that segment of the community doing HMs/Ops.

That is of course, unless you are of the mind that you don't want more people doing HMs/Ops....

Edited by CulannHS

I did a pug hm BP (one of the more difficult fp's) on the day I hit 50 in my orange modded gear from correlia and ilum/belsavis dailies, then I did a 16m Karagga's Palace clear the next day with barely better gear. We one shot all the bosses in both runs and I got more BCA's than I needed on day 2 of being 50. I was not carried either, though that may be due more to merc's dps potential than my skills.

They can't really make the barrier-to-entry for hm fp's and normal mode raids any lower. But, if they did make BCA's boe then you would have people crafting better gear than what is obtainable in nightmare mode raids before they even hit 50. There is a reason they are bop. They don't want someone having a better than nightmare mode item without even stepping foot in a hm fp.

and what type of mmos are those? that kind of system works in some environments (most notably sandbox ones) but this isnt that type of game. free floating raid level loot quickly devalues the rest of whats available. look at the current market you already have people moaning on and on about how crit crafted is the only thing "worth it" because it is the best available. if nightmare mode drops become the norm it not only trivializes all current content, but all current gear aswell. sure getting geared up into "good enough" gear will be easier and cheaper for the majority (assuming you can actually get a hold of it) but how soon after that does the playerbase get bored because "there isnt anything left to do".

getting to a decent gear level in this game is already stupidly quick, and look at how many "bored" people that are around. its one of the things that rift actually did catch flack for, initially it was super quick to get geared, so they did one of their very few smart moves and dialed back the rate at which it could be acquired. gearing after that was actually much smoother.

You are correct in your assumption that I'm referring to sandbox MMOs, but I don't understand why you believe this makes a difference.

You mention "free floating raid level loot," but I'm not sure what you mean by that. I'm assuming you're concerned there would be more raid level loot floating around. If so, I disagree, because there's no reason to assume the total amount of raid gear would increase.

For example, if it takes an average of three raids to get one piece of gear, and if a player named Bob has enough time to run 12 raids a month, then he will obtain, on average, four pieces of gear a month. What does it matter if Bob equips all of that gear on one of his characters or if he splits the gear between two of his characters? It's still the same amount of gear.

Edited by Walking-Carpet

No it's not even close to valid. Sorry, but that analogy is still a complete failure. And please show me verbatim, where I stated I don't want to so I shouldn't have to. And after you fail to do so, please note that you need to stop putting words in my mouth. If I feel like saying something, I'll do so, please and thank you.

What I DID say was that people should not be forced into something they don't want to do. And there are quite a few reasons why a person may not want to. Outside of the arbitrary dislike of FPs/Ops/HMs, there's also the driving issue that some people may simply not have the gear to pull their weight in a HM/Op. And gaspity-gasp some people know that, and do not want to put themselves in a position where people can potentially berate them for not doing their share of the teamwork involved. Alternatively, it can be because a person simply doesn't want to fail their team. Do some checking..ask around how many real, dedicated healers are impacted when they let a member of their team die. That's the very selfsame concept I'm attempting to describe to you now.

In summary, yes, quite a definite rebuttal, and no words in my mouth please,

not having very base gear is not an excuse. base 48 blues are more than sufficient to run any hm fp assuming they are correctly itemized. base daily items from belsavis and illum are far better, and "starting" pvp gear is more than sufficient. also, not in one single place are you "forced" to do much of anything. you want something, do what you have to do to do it. in my original analogy that you deem "fail" i want story (just as you want alloys) but i dont want to kill things for xp (just as you dont want to pve to get them). if im not a special snowflake and shouldnt be allowed a skip button then why should you be allowed to be a special snowflake and get your alloys from an activity that doest support crew skills period.

See there you go again...making wild asusmptions. In that one quote you use the word "crit" 4 times...crit crafted this, crift crafted that, crit crit crit crit. Who said anything about crit crafted anything? I surely didn't. Are you attempting to put words in my mouth again? Entry level gear is things like oh I dunno, the Armstech blaster pistol called "Gamble" or "Two-Fingers Revenge". Are you realling going to tell me those are better than what you get from tokens/commendations as a result of doing HMs/Ops? Mind you, we're talking non-crit, just so you don't get confused.

not putting words in your mouth at all. you stated that crafted gear was nothing but starter gear when multiple pieces are far better than raid gear. comparing very poorly itemized items (especially weapons, which is being rectified in 1.2) to much higher level items the higher level items are going to be better through sheer item budget. compare apples to apples instead of apples to oranges.

Well for every person who has "all they need" there's a equal amount who have tried and lost the roll as well. Doesn't mean squat. Moving on, those people who don't have the gear to pull their weight in HMs/Ops could at least BUY the BCAs instead of having to resort to being carried, which many will obviously refuse to do.

as described above gear is not an excuse. alloys arent used to make anything that should be considered "starter". there is zero reason to be carried through any normal mode op or hm flashpoint other than your own general ignorance.

WoW mentality..you seriously don't know? Seriously? /facepalm. It's the obsession with "best in slot" for everything. And it's beyond those people who min/max...there's nothing wrong with that in my opinion..but when you obsess over min/maxing to a point you surpass it...well...I saw that kind of mentality in largest degree in WoW.

perhaps you personally did encounter that first in wow, but its been around much longer than wow.

Sounds good..but so do politicians. Having been in Rift since beta, then I'm going to assume you came into Rift late. Insofar as crafted gear goes, literally everything a rogue would wear required one, including a bow/gun if you chose to use one. When I left Rift, my primary character was a Marksman/Saboteur/Ranger, and quite literally every article I wore required them in order to craft the high end pieces.

then you were doing it very wrong. in terms of crafted gear you only needed 6, 8 if you actually played melee. 4 of which went to rings. also, by chance when did you stop playing because that spec combo has never been anywhere close to optimal. i personally started in beta 5, messed around a bit with beta 6, then started with first day of head start on molinar. when it died my guild moved over to byriel. im sorry that you chose to be ignorant on game and gear mechanics in rift but ignorance has never been an excuse.

Oh I have, you just evade, dodge and duck better than Atom. Sticking your head in the sand to the reality of the situation won't make it go away. As I said before, the BCAs need to be changed from BoP to BoE. Doing so would give alot of people the chance to actually step up and become part of that segment of the community doing HMs/Ops.

That is of course, unless you are of the mind that you don't want more people doing HMs/Ops....

you have yet to show how this would actually increase the pop for those. the gear alloys are used for arent required in the slightest for the content they drop from. infact 140 level gear actually trivializes the content to a high degree.

You are correct in your assumption that I'm referring to sandbox MMOs, but I don't understand why you believe this makes a difference.

You mention "free floating raid level loot," but I'm not sure what you mean by that. I'm assuming you're concerned there would be more raid level loot floating around. If so, I disagree, because there's no reason to assume the total amount of raid gear would increase.

For example, if it takes an average of three raids to get one piece of gear, and if a player named Bob has enough time to run 12 raids a month, then he will obtain, on average, four pieces of gear a month. What does it matter if Bob equips all of that gear on one of his characters or if he splits the gear between two of his characters? It's still the same amount of gear.

thats making the assumption that he is actually equipping said gear. you want it open so it can be sold, sending it into the general pop is really pretty terrible. look at eq2 it suffered horribly from gear inflation for that very reason.

as to equipping "alts" im of the opinion that if you want gear on that toon, then you should be playing that toon. if its all bop then why shouldnt i need on everything? there is complaints already about people "ninjaing" loot for their companions, and they are nowhere near as revered as your own characters.

I've always thought MMO raid drops should be BoE. If I earned an item by participating in a raid, why shouldn't I be able to sell the item to another player or mail it to an alt if I chose to do so?

It isn't like making items BoE would reduce raiding; for every raid item received, somebody still had to run the raid. If anything, making items BoE might actually increase raiding, because players who are fully geared would still have a reason to raid.

if they were you would never be allowed in any kind of group ever again because I can tell you're the kind of person who needs on everything for their companions and alts while someone standing right next to you could use that drop to be better right now

thats making the assumption that he is actually equipping said gear. you want it open so it can be sold, sending it into the general pop is really pretty terrible. look at eq2 it suffered horribly from gear inflation for that very reason.

My example was just one possible scenario, but I don't see how your example changes the math. For example, if Bob chose to equip 2 pieces and sell the other 2 pieces, there are still only a total of 4 pieces in existence.

as to equipping "alts" im of the opinion that if you want gear on that toon, then you should be playing that toon.
I guess we have different views on this. I view my account as a single entity rather than viewing each character as a separate entity. So if Character_1 on my account earns an item, I see no problem transferring that item to Character_2 on my account, just as I see no problem transferring cash or other items to my alts. In my view, I earned the item and I'm using the item, even if the character who earned the item and the character who equips it are different.

And, yes, I really would not have a problem extending this to characters outside my account. If I earned a raid loot item, why can't I choose to give it to my best friend's character instead of using it myself? Or why can't I choose to sell it instead of equipping it? There would still only be one item. No matter which character actually equips an item, one person ran a raid (or several raids) and one person received a raid loot item.

if its all bop then why shouldnt i need on everything? there is complaints already about people "ninjaing" loot for their companions, and they are nowhere near as revered as your own characters.
This is a good point. My suggestion would not work with a need/greed/pass system. Again, we probably differ in our approaches to this, but I've always preferred straight roll/pass systems to need/greed/pass systems--much less drama!

if they were you would never be allowed in any kind of group ever again because I can tell you're the kind of person who needs on everything for their companions and alts while someone standing right next to you could use that drop to be better right now
Is there a reason to bring personal insults into this conversation?

Your assumption is incorrect, by the way. I almost always "pass" on items.

Edited by Walking-Carpet

My example was just one possible scenario, but I don't see how your example changes the math. For example, if Bob chose to equip 2 pieces and sell the other 2 pieces, there are still only a total of 4 pieces in existence.

the issue isnt entirely how much is entering the system at what rate, but also the communities outlook on it. those pieces merely entering the system devalues the rest of the available gear based entirely on terms of quality. why buy a crafted 5 when you can buy a raid level 7? those raid level 7s though do disrupt the raid game. raiding is based on many factors, but gear checks have to exist in some form. there are only so many mechanics that can be thought of at any one time, and only so many that can be stuck in any given boss encounter. there is a very fine line between complex and complicated.

I guess we have different views on this. I view my account as a single entity rather than viewing each character as a separate entity. So if Character_1 on my account earns an item, I see no problem transferring that item to Character_2 on my account, just as I see no problem transferring cash or other items to my alts. In my view, I earned the item and I'm using the item, even if the character who earned the item and the character who equips it are different.

And, yes, I really would not have a problem extending this to characters outside my account. If I earned a raid loot item, why can't I choose to give it to my best friend's character instead of using it myself? Or why can't I choose to sell it instead of equipping it? There would still only be one item. No matter which character actually equips an item, one person ran a raid (or several raids) and one person received a raid loot item.

you are entitled to your opinion. personally outside of seed cash (starting fresh sucks in pretty much every game) i keep my characters self sufficient. but hey, thats how i roll. i think the real disconnect is the idea that "i" earned that piece of loot, when in reality you did it in a team. this is usually the case when doing things with pugs and such. generally in any solid guild you will have been rewarded loot yes, but its usually to help the group get stronger. getting stronger means being able to take on bigger and better challenges aswell as getting through existing challenges faster. taking that piece and selling it, or sending it to a different character isnt helping the group in the slightest. usually when you get to the point of actually selling loot as a guild its in terms of having everything on farm and finishing sets etc getting ready for the next tier.

This is a good point. My suggestion would not work with a need/greed/pass system. Again, we probably differ in our approaches to this, but I've always preferred straight roll/pass systems to need/greed/pass systems--much less drama!

maybe, but if all loot is boe there is basically never a reason not to pass. if there isnt an alt, friend, guildmate, begger etc who needs it then there is always selling it, whether its open bidding or a vendor. at that point all loot should just be auto assigned.

the issue isnt entirely how much is entering the system at what rate, but also the communities outlook on it. those pieces merely entering the system devalues the rest of the available gear based entirely on terms of quality. why buy a crafted 5 when you can buy a raid level 7? those raid level 7s though do disrupt the raid game. raiding is based on many factors, but gear checks have to exist in some form. there are only so many mechanics that can be thought of at any one time, and only so many that can be stuck in any given boss encounter. there is a very fine line between complex and complicated.

You make a good point on the valuation issue. I don't think I understand the point you're trying to make about disrupting the raid game. Could you please elucidate?

you are entitled to your opinion. personally outside of seed cash (starting fresh sucks in pretty much every game) i keep my characters self sufficient. but hey, thats how i roll. i think the real disconnect is the idea that "i" earned that piece of loot, when in reality you did it in a team. this is usually the case when doing things with pugs and such. generally in any solid guild you will have been rewarded loot yes, but its usually to help the group get stronger. getting stronger means being able to take on bigger and better challenges aswell as getting through existing challenges faster. taking that piece and selling it, or sending it to a different character isnt helping the group in the slightest. usually when you get to the point of actually selling loot as a guild its in terms of having everything on farm and finishing sets etc getting ready for the next tier.

When I wrote that I earned an item, I did not mean to imply that raid loot isn't earned by a team. It clearly is. I meant that I had earned my share of the raid loot. If my share was an item, then I earned that item.

Your point about raiding guilds still progressing through the raid content is a good one. You're right; I was thinking more about PUGs and about raiding guilds who are on farm status when I made my post. If raid items were BoE, though, couldn't raiding guilds just establish internal rules governing the division of loot, to make certain that loot is used in a way that benefits the guild as a whole?

maybe, but if all loot is boe there is basically never a reason not to pass. if there isnt an alt, friend, guildmate, begger etc who needs it then there is always selling it, whether its open bidding or a vendor. at that point all loot should just be auto assigned.

I agree, if all loot were BoE, there would generally be little reason to pass. I wouldn't have a problem with loot being auto-assigned either, as long as it was all BoE. Raid members could then engage in whatever negotiation they see fit to exchange items amongst themselves.

not really. to put it simply raiding requires gear progression. if for no other reason than basic encounter design. gear checks alone are required to add variety, and as pve stats grow there reaches a point where pvp stats must also change or pve stats will outscale it. adding similer stats so easily soloable content trivializes raid content to such an extent that it must be badly itemized for raiding (magical stat). trying to say that your "solo" experience isnt easy btw is a logical fallacy. making an encounter hard for one playstyle inevitably leads it to be easy for another, even assuming all of them are specifically crafted for each ac. the class quests for inquisitor for example are much harder for assassins than for sorcerers.

Do not mistake "the way it has been done" as the only model that will work.

As for PvP <-> PvE gear - there is no reason that there must be a difference in gear. To create a difference in the gear only leads to segment the player population into "those that PvP" and "those that PvE". Most players will not have the time to invest into having gear good enough to do both. Again, talent specs and combat mechanics should do the necessary adjustments to make PvP viable, regardless the gear.

Reducing all player to player damage and healing is not a difficult thing to accomplish.

Creating a bunch of new gear for each class loaded with a PvP-only stat every content patch is lot of work. Especially when there is no reason why there has to be distinct PvP gear and distinct PvE gear.

you started off quoting someone and complaining that bop mats do nothing but favor elitists, i personally would call that a whine.

Call it what you want. BCA's should be BoE.

Crafting materials should never be BoP.

Yes, I said never. There is never a valid scenario for a crafting material to be BoP unless they want to move to a system where set gear is crafted and the final ingredient is the "token" that would have been spent at the vendor.

I've always thought MMO raid drops should be BoE. If I earned an item by participating in a raid, why shouldn't I be able to sell the item to another player or mail it to an alt if I chose to do so?

It isn't like making items BoE would reduce raiding; for every raid item received, somebody still had to run the raid. If anything, making items BoE might actually increase raiding, because players who are fully geared would still have a reason to raid.

I'm of the same opinion that you are. I think raid gear (including tokens) being BoE would bolster the economy greatly. As it is now, eventually, guilds will just sell spots in their hardmode raids instead and the same thing will be accomplished in a smaller scale.

BoP was a failed idea that began back in EQ1 to force people into doing the content. Unfortunately, no MMO designer has been innovative enough to try to break that specific mold yet. We can hope. Moddable gear is certainly a step in that direction.

You shouldn't be able to craft items that are better than what drops in nightmare mode raids(crit crafted rakata bracers/belt) without even stepping into a hm fp. If bca's were boe you could actually have better than nightmare gear sitting in your bags waiting for you to hit level 50 since you can level your crew skill to max well before hitting lvl 50. That simply should not be possible, and if you don't agree then mmo's are probably not a game genre you should be playing.

Nightmare mode should not drop gear that is more powerful in the first place.

They should drop prestige items (special mounts, titles and possibly moddable gear that looks unique).

Edited by Raeln

Easy solution: all items can be crafted. Materials can be bought (we have crew skill vendors), searched (missions) and collected (by skill or pick from bosses).

No more exotic materials, no more different stuff only search, research, money and luck to get nice Pv... nah, only player stuff.

My two cents.

The Biometric Crystal is not just something BioChemists need. I know that even cybernectics need it as well as Synweaving.

I am going to guess the other two do as well. There is no harm in making those crystals and those items BOE instead of BOP.

There are people who dont have the time due to r/l responsibllities to run those operations not to mention some will not group with PUG because of some of the people in those groups.

A friend will not group with people she doesn't know because of the constant yelling and screaming at someone. Since when is that fun for someone to become part of a group like that, it's not.

BOE will also make the market more stable. Sure you will say everyone will want to sell them for an high amount but that is not true. If only one person is selling the crystals or the items then yes it will be high but when you get more people able to craft thins like the Rakata stuff and they are more abundant on the market the price will reflect that.

That will give people a real reason to craft and sell things. Sure you may not like to craft so do the operation and get the crystals and if you don't need them then sell them to someone who does.

There are some that love to craft and they would like the opportunity just to make things. It doesn't harm anyone if things on BOE instead of BOP.

Just like the vehicles in cybernectics, why have those BOP doesn't make sense. I know the cybernectics would like the opportunity to make those and sell them.

It can be a win/win situation for everyone involved. For the pvp and pve players they get what they want and for the crafters they can just enjoy crafting.

This game should be fun for everyone, pvp players, pve players, rp players, and crafters. It is made up of different people.

Note Off topic: It would also be nice if they could add color palettes for armor instead of making everything one color. (my opinion)

Edited by ScarletBlaze

The Biometric Crystal is not just something BioChemists need. I know that even cybernectics need it as well as Synweaving.

I am going to guess the other two do as well. There is no harm in making those crystals and those items BOE instead of BOP.

There are people who dont have the time due to r/l responsibllities to run those operations not to mention some will not group with PUG because of some of the people in those groups.

A friend will not group with people she doesn't know because of the constant yelling and screaming at someone. Since when is that fun for someone to become part of a group like that, it's not.

BOE will also make the market more stable. Sure you will say everyone will want to sell them for an high amount but that is not true. If only one person is selling the crystals or the items then yes it will be high but when you get more people able to craft thins like the Rakata stuff and they are more abundant on the market the price will reflect that.

That will give people a real reason to craft and sell things. Sure you may not like to craft so do the operation and get the crystals and if you don't need them then sell them to someone who does.

There are some that love to craft and they would like the opportunity just to make things. It doesn't harm anyone if things on BOE instead of BOP.

Just like the vehicles in cybernectics, why have those BOP doesn't make sense. I know the cybernectics would like the opportunity to make those and sell them.

It can be a win/win situation for everyone involved. For the pvp and pve players they get what they want and for the crafters they can just enjoy crafting.

This game should be fun for everyone, pvp players, pve players, rp players, and crafters. It is made up of different people.

Post flagged for being completely devoid of personal attacks and WoW references.

Bioware went out of its way to ensure that one could operate independent of PvE concerns if one was a PvP player. So much so that they created PvP gear tiers comparable to PvE gear tiers. It only makes sense to make the craftable materials obtainable through means other than PvE.