Operatives officially the worst class ingame

Labradoraki

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ran against me and my folks you would be lucky to break 100k. Decent mercs/sorcs would still break 200k, but that is because they have ranged - they just wouldn't kill any of us. You're not playing a competitive game. Wait till ranked warzones come out and it isn't farming pugs any more.

Comp was one tank/me dps/two healers on this screen which is a solid comp i think, but in our case suboptimal. Our tank did abyssimal damage, a good one would have break 400k easily while garding as much. So yes, just changing one player, we get a good comp that can peel, which was not the case here, i was barely assisted and was the only one doing real dps so yes it was hard to kill people at times. Hence the low killcount.

I achieve immortal even against competent teams while pugging. I know how to play very safe. Most screens in my sig are taken while pugging.

Like i said earlier in the thread, operatives are indeed UP, if i was playing a powertech a mercenary, in fact almost every other AC, i would have done better.

AFTER the main nerf on acid blade and stun duration operatives were the weakest class since ANYONE could kill them due to their squishiness and ALSO didnt do enough damage to kill someone else in time....

Now you added a stupid surge nerf so the damage goes down EEEVEEEEN MOAR so they will not be able to even kill a new lvl 50 without gear....

thank you bioware for being so intelligent as usual

Dude...

I started a Op and played my first warzone at lvl 11. I was first place with 5 medals, over 125K dmg with 35 kills and 1 death...

So lemme understand this. You're saying they're the worst class?

Like i said earlier in the thread, operatives are indeed UP, if i was playing a powertech a mercenary, in fact almost every other AC, i would have done better.

I missed your previous post. This is basically it. Once ranked warzones come out I think most comps will drop operatives, *especially* if they leave the cap at 4 player groups. An operative can't tactically change targets quickly, does not have the utility to keep energy up for long fights, can be focus fired to force a vanish, and sustained damage isn't anything another class can not surpass. Healing operatives are in a similar situation, which is why I haven't gone that route myself.

Operatives can still do enough damage, just use right cds; for example, hidden strike, wait for the person to use their cd to break free, vanish, hidden strike again, after a bit of a fight, flashbang, run, heal back to top in 6 seconds using kolto injection, if stealth is able then start all over. still too un-OP? Also, not to forget their other stun meanwhile, I see 0 reason to complain, used right they are nearly invinsible considering they have a heal that can crit which already does enough on it's own. Edited by Chrisalios

I play a lvl 61 Scrapper Scoundrel. So far I have not complained at all about this class, I think the nerf was very hard but deserved. After the nerf our class was probably one of the weaker ones (by far the weakest in Huttball) bit still doing okay.

Now after this patch I have to say things have changed... a LOT. I am simply not able to beat a similar geared opponent 1v1 anymore unless someone else helps me or I am facing another Op/Scoundrel. Our class was designed as an anti healer/anti tank class which could put down significant targets fairly quickly. It simply cannot do that anymore.

I play a lvl 61 Scrapper Scoundrel. So far I have not complained at all about this class, I think the nerf was very hard but deserved. After the nerf our class was probably one of the weaker ones (by far the weakest in Huttball) bit still doing okay.

Now after this patch I have to say things have changed... a LOT. I am simply not able to beat a similar geared opponent 1v1 anymore unless someone else helps me or I am facing another Op/Scoundrel. Our class was designed as an anti healer/anti tank class which could put down significant targets fairly quickly. It simply cannot do that anymore.

Iam sure more "adjustments" will come along, but for other classes...this is only the beginning.

Operatives can still do enough damage, just use right cds; for example, hidden strike, wait for the person to use their cd to break free, vanish, hidden strike again, after a bit of a fight, flashbang, run, heal back to top in 6 seconds using kolto injection, if stealth is able then start all over. still too un-OP? Also, not to forget their other stun meanwhile, I see 0 reason to complain, used right they are nearly invinsible considering they have a heal that can crit which already does enough on it's own.

LOL in what world does this strategy work? You do know there are usually other players around right?

Also do you know what the CD for vanish is? And that it doesn't work if there's a DoT on you?

Edited by Ich_Bin

OK, first of all listen to this song while you read this

So this is what i read:

But this was what was going trough my head:

Ok so i am a Battlemaster Operative now and i can tell you right now that i kill everyclass 1vs1, even 2vs1 at times. Our class is not broken, rather fixed to an fair level in my POV.

Some screenshots from Warzones after NERF :

PUG WARZONE, TOP DPS: http://imageshack.us/f/268/420kdamagewarzone.jpg/

1 Friend joining in on this Warzone: http://imageshack.us/f/689/warzonehealingpro.jpg/

If you tell me those screenshots are from after TODAY's patch I'll be shocked. But I am pretty sure they aren't.

As I said Op/Scoundrel was fine before. But it is very different now. At least for me.

You have 2 dot removal's. L2P your class

Dodge has a long cooldown so you certainly cannot use it in every fight.

Triage does not work on all dots and also certainly not while vanishing.

"L2PL2PL2P"... Enough already!

Edited by Ich_Bin

If you tell me those screenshots are from after TODAY's patch I'll be shocked. But I am pretty sure they aren't.

As I said Op/Scoundrel was fine before. But it is very different now. At least for me.

There is a screen of me doing 480k a page or two ago. From today.

Oh lord. Because it takes 4 hits to kill someone instead of 2 the class sucks now right?

To the OP: how is knockdown "*****", "*****" DEATH a balanced attack? Or are you incapable of fighting anyone who can fight back?

You get that an op has to pop every cooldown he has, and hit crits on all 4 of his (marginally) effective skills to work right? And that an operative is completely useless when not coming out of stealth? zzz

With 600 expertise fighting a fresh lvl50 sage I can do about 50% of their total health in damage after 4 hits.

When I meet a character with equal gear, I cannot beat them, regardless of their class. Worst of all, against tank classes and marauders I cannot even take away 50% of their health at all.

As of now the only thing we can do is taking out characters on half health who run away from the pack. We can't even go healing cause both mercs and sorcs are better at that too.

I don't really understand that we do subpar damage, but have a massively low amount of defense, armor and otherwise survivability all because of stealth, which doesn't give us any real benefit to begin with?

i have a 50 vg, 50 scoundrel and 50 sage. soon to be 50 bh

this poster is correct i his assesment - scoundrels/operatives need some form of constant dps improvement to make up for the double burst nerf

with i have 750 power, 43% crit and had 94% surge before the nerf. after the nerf i have 77% surge. my shoot firsts barely break 3.2k on low armor pve mobs now - crit. back blast is only about 300 points under that.

give the class their armorpen back, buff flechette and vital shot 50% in damage done. this should help with sustained dmg

gotta love the l2p people. You guys act like operatives are the only toons we have. I have a bm op and other 50s i play. i can tell you for a fact they are UP right now.

And if you think you know how to play an operative better then me, come duel me with yours and back it up.

http://i.imgur.com/bN4EP.jpg

A minute ago.

4vs5-6 on their natural base till almost the end, where we finally wiped. Pre-nerf i would have beat 700k easily, pre-surge nerf 550k.

your server must still have an abundance of sorc/sages

on my server the landscape has changed, there are now far more tank spec'd shadow/assasiin powerr clones, jugg/guardian luciela clones and vanguard/powertech oozu clones all of which you dont hit 4.6k shoot first crits on with their natural resistance to kinetic damage just from armor

but that vg oozu clone? 4-5k assault plastique crits, 4-5k high impact bolt crits, 3-4k stockstrike crits (+1500 ion cell crit on top of that depending on whereyou put the last 10 talent points)

Edited by Corran

You get that an op has to pop every cooldown he has, and hit crits on all 4 of his (marginally) effective skills to work right? And that an operative is completely useless when not coming out of stealth? zzz

Huh...yet OPs argue that all people have to do to survive, is pop all their long cooldowns...oh...but wait...nobody but the OP gets to begin the fight, so, the advantage always goes to the stealth class.

Please tell me...how are you "completely worthless when not coming out of stealth"?

I'm enjoying my healing Scoundrel now more than ever, thank you. Surge nerf, while seemingly insignificant, has noticeably increased my survivability versus focusfire.

Basically what I wrote in another thread, survivability went up as a healer operative.

Good thing damage in warzones is directly proportional to class balance.

Oh wait.

Yeah those kind of replies leave me speechless

Where exactly is the correlation between damage numbers on the scoreboard and a class being viable/op/up/whatever? It only show how active and how free to act was said player

Also no one bothered to answer the most important question:

Why would you group a sc/op over another dps as of now? Comparable damage, less utilities

/shrug

Basically what I wrote in another thread, survivability went up as a healer operative.

Yea...I was already pretty satisfied with scoundrel healing in PvP. Now I'm basically unkillable unless there's at least 3 ppl on me. Scrappers were useless before this patch against anyone half decent anyway so another nerf to dps...meh. If you're dpsing as a scoundrel at this point ur doing it wrong

Oh lord. Because it takes 4 hits to kill someone instead of 2 the class sucks now right?

To the OP: how is knockdown "*****", "*****" DEATH a balanced attack? Or are you incapable of fighting anyone who can fight back?

Stop saying this BS, only 2 shots that every happened, was with buff stacking and against level 10s.

I'm no biochem user, and I don't know about your server but on mine, I have never hit over 5k damage with the expertise buff + power relic after the last nerf. 600 expertise.

Edited by Bellatrix

Huh...yet OPs argue that all people have to do to survive, is pop all their long cooldowns...oh...but wait...nobody but the OP gets to begin the fight, so, the advantage always goes to the stealth class.

Please tell me...how are you "completely worthless when not coming out of stealth"?

Because if you are not cherry picking there will be multiple people around. Also, stray AOE will knock you out of stealth and force dots will prevent you from vanishing.