Operatives officially the worst class ingame

Labradoraki

Good thing damage in warzones is directly proportional to class balance.

Oh wait.

Oh wait, i also said that i would be doing much more damage with a similarly geared, "almost every other AC in the game".

That was my point. I'm doing great by 99% of people standards, so you can't attack me on personal skill like most of those forums do. They are all like "QQ moar, you are now equal to other classes". Oh boy they are wrong, we are subpar. Of course it's not going to stop good players to achieve great things in Warzones, but it's always going to be suboptimal.

Hell, i'm doing 300-350k WZ with my level 25-30 powertech, whitout rail shot +30% crit damage and all the other goodies i can have with a full talent tree. Let's not even speak about the fact i have 1k1 aim while i would have 1k7 fully geared/exotech-rakata stimed. If you factor crit/surge/accuracy in, the gap is further widened betweened what i would achieve at 50 with champion gear and now. My guess is double overall damage on a voidstar for exemple, which is something i can only dream of with my operative now.

@Lezsor : So we both agree on the matter at hands :)

Edited by Ellvaan
Inappropriate Content (Pm'd)

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juggernauts / Assassins Tank / Powertech are immortal for us.

We hit them with Cookies (500 dmg) while they hit us 3k+

Assassin / Merc / Sorc / Sith Warr - they have way more burst dmg then Operative.

Assasin /Sorc / Marauder (way more CC stuns, escape abilities than we have)

Balance that ...

Operative is Usless now but FailWare still Fixing the game :) GL with that im off,

tired of all those bugs and crapy PVP endgame (FARM-LAG-ILLUM, WARZONO-HUTBALL).

No.

Marauders dont have more then you cc and stun abilities.

No.

Marauders dont have more then you cc and stun abilities.

Operatives have flashbang, debilitate, hidden strike, and sever tendon (or whatever it is called)

Flashbang cannot be used on any target you have recently attacked because of acid blade

Hidden strike requires steath so cannot be used in a team fight more than twice (if you pop vanish and most likely your cleanse too).

Debilitate is 4m range

Sever tendon is a 10m range slow.

Operatives are ineffective once they are byond 10m from their target. Mara has leap to fix this.

Oh wait, i also said that i would be doing much more damage with a similarly geared, "almost every other AC in the game".

That was my point. I'm doing great by 99% of people standards, so you can't attack me on personal skill like most of those forums do. They are all like "QQ moar, you are now equal to other classes". Oh boy they are wrong, we are subpar. Of course it's not going to stop good players to achieve great things in Warzones, but it's always going to be suboptimal.

Hell, i'm doing 300-350k WZ with my level 25-30 powertech, whitout rail shot +30% crit damage and all the other goodies i can have with a full talent tree. Let's not even speak about the fact i have 1k1 aim while i would have 1k7 fully geared/exotech-rakata stimed. If you factor crit/surge/accuracy in, the gap is further widened betweened what i would achieve at 50 with champion gear and now. My guess is double overall damage on a voidstar for exemple, which is something i can only dream of with my operative now.

@Lezsor : So we both agree on the matter at hands :)

Ooookay now I finally understand how you meant it. Needless to say I totally agree with you.

So I think I am going to respec to healer now, until hopefully Bioware reacts.

Edited by Ellvaan
Inappropriate Content quoted

your server must still have an abundance of sorc/sages

on my server the landscape has changed, there are now far more tank spec'd shadow/assasiin powerr clones, jugg/guardian luciela clones and vanguard/powertech oozu clones all of which you dont hit 4.6k shoot first crits on with their natural resistance to kinetic damage just from armor

but that vg oozu clone? 4-5k assault plastique crits, 4-5k high impact bolt crits, 3-4k stockstrike crits (+1500 ion cell crit on top of that depending on whereyou put the last 10 talent points)

Yea.. pretty much no on the numbers below.

It was rare to break 5k against good opponents before the nerf, breaking 5k afterward would be very hard.

and 4k Stockstrike? I'm think that's like Rocketpunch, in which case, again, you've pulled that number completely from your ***.

3k is bout Max you're going to break on it.

In reality, you're going to be doing 3-4k on your main attacks (sometimes 5k, it's rare though) depending if ya pop cooldowns and medicine cabinet.

You're also not tanking squat as a Pyro Equiv of Vanguard, It's 30% damage reduction, which is not a whole lot.

"Buu huu I can't faceroll anymore" is all I read here.

And now, since we're done here, you can proceed to make thread about how tracer missile is up and needs a buff because merc is weakest class.

OP is right, its a second rate class for DPS and heals. Other classes do more and have more utility and survibility.

Ooookay now I finally understand how you meant it. Needless to say I totally agree with you.

So I think I am going to respec to healer now, until hopefully Bioware reacts.

Scoundrel/ops healing is right at the top of the charts, unless of course you count trooper/BH or sage/sorc who vastly out perform us in this area.

So they nerfed surge...I'm not gonna lie I'm a little concerned I play a scoundrel...but my question is how do you even know how much it has been nerfed?? There's no log to tell you what kind of damage you are doing so enlighten us as to why you think you are so much weaker? Seriously lol hwo long did you play your op before you ramn to the forums to cry?

Except you wouldn't dealing even close to thoose numbers without the 2 300k+ healers.

I would, since i mostly pug, and i can still break 400K whitout dying once, even against premades. But read the topic, my point is operative are underpowered not the other way around.

The 35 screenshots in my sig taken from the last 10 days is enough to prove i don"t need a healbot to perform well. Surge nerf is a 5% overall damage nerf with the very high value of surge i'm running with, so just substract 5% from that, and you're good to go. And don't tell me those 5% are make it or break it, it obviously does in some case, but in most case i wouldn't have died anyway.

Edited by Glor_

With 600 expertise fighting a fresh lvl50 sage I can do about 50% of their total health in damage after 4 hits.

When I meet a character with equal gear, I cannot beat them, regardless of their class. Worst of all, against tank classes and marauders I cannot even take away 50% of their health at all.

As of now the only thing we can do is taking out characters on half health who run away from the pack. We can't even go healing cause both mercs and sorcs are better at that too.

I don't really understand that we do subpar damage, but have a massively low amount of defense, armor and otherwise survivability all because of stealth, which doesn't give us any real benefit to begin with?

Try crying that same argument and NOT be empire. The repub got screwed even harder cuz he/she can't use a blaster rifle, is stuck with a low damage pistol...lmao

Yea.. pretty much no on the numbers below.

It was rare to break 5k against good opponents before the nerf, breaking 5k afterward would be very hard.

and 4k Stockstrike? I'm think that's like Rocketpunch, in which case, again, you've pulled that number completely from your ***.

3k is bout Max you're going to break on it.

In reality, you're going to be doing 3-4k on your main attacks (sometimes 5k, it's rare though) depending if ya pop cooldowns and medicine cabinet.

You're also not tanking squat as a Pyro Equiv of Vanguard, It's 30% damage reduction, which is not a whole lot.

try again

look at his spec, realize he's running around with nearly 50% dr to kinetic and energy while putting out these numbers. what, exactly, can counter it? no class in the game that does a respectable amount of non kinetic/energy type damge does so in any decent quantity to handle a 20k health bm ranked assault spec'd vanguard using ion cell

Edited by Corran

Operatives and Scoundrels are much more common than Gunslingers and Snipers in my experience. Although they now aren't leading BGs in damage and instagibbing squishies, they are still very strong. However, I do think that an Operative that attempts to use the same playstyle as pre-nerf will not perform nearly as good as their class's potential. I *have* on the other hand, seen some excellent Operatives that excel despite being "the worst class ever of all time"

this

stop friggin whining, you STILL knockdown people and take down 50% or more of their health before they even hace a chance to respond, go back to being cheesy and lame , ops are far from broken

man little kids....

Agree, they will destroy any class 1vs 1 in 10-20 seconds see it all the time still a lot of ops on my server. A fresh lvl 50 is always going to be squishy

Doesn't operative use medium armor? Assassins use light armor + deception spec = even more squishy + we're also affected highly by the surge nerf so just adapt, it's not only your class that was affected

yeah but if you add your aoe kb and your sprint and the fact that resisting for 3secs tech/force is MUCH stronger than just resisting for 3secs white hits and you will see where is your suvivability. i am not saying that deception assasins are survivable, i am just saying that atm the MOST squishy class is operative.

also yeah, apart from sorcs which have been hit the least (they still have been hit though, just not so much as all the others due to them actually gaining something from alacrity) all other SCs are affected by this change.