** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

Zaodon

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We're currently investigating and we'll give you an update as soon as we have one. Apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

While you're at it, investigate why WZ wins have not been fixed and seem to have gotten worse... Thanks

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love that Ilum was already a huge pain to get your daily quest done in and incredibly unfun and they somehow made it even worse. Fix the reason people killtrade (the reason being it takes too goddamn long for a daily as it is and is just a mess in general) instead of making it even worse with an attempted "fix" at just treating the symptoms instead of the actual problem. Honestly until they actually make Ilum a zone worth playing in they should just make warzone kills count toward the Ilum daily so people don't have to bother with the zone because I have a hard time believing anyone enjoys the place.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We're currently investigating and we'll give you an update as soon as we have one. Apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

Huh. Well, I don't want to say "I told you so," but that's mostly because I think it's pretty obvious at this point.

I love that Ilum was already a huge pain to get your daily quest done in and incredibly unfun and they somehow made it even worse. Fix the reason people killtrade (the reason being it takes too gosh darn long for a daily as it is and is just a mess in general) instead of making it even worse with an attempted "fix" at just treating the symptoms instead of the actual problem. Honestly until they actually make Ilum a zone worth playing in they should just make warzone kills count toward the Ilum daily so people don't have to bother with the zone because I have a hard time believing anyone enjoys the place.

And yet, people will still go there to get their precious gear...

No wonder we get such poor MMOs these days, it doesn't need to be fun, i just need to be able to get better gear!

Ilum is approaching the point of no return. It seems to have a never ending run of bugs and eventually the player base is just going to write the planet off entirely, even if it does finally start WAI one day.

I reckon they don't test anything they implement. There is no excuse for the number of bugs their patches introduce.

This is what happens when the *internal* QA process is outsourced to places like Romania & India.

QA is a heckuva alot harder when theres a time zone difference and language barrier. BW should really help out the local economy, and hire more QA in Texas that can be onsite and get vital info to the devs immediately. Quality patches with less bugs in them would be an imediate result.

Ok so this is the 'official' response i got when writting to customer service thread:

Greetings Wrakk,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you confirm for me, are none of your kills counting, or some of your kills counting?

If anyone else is getting this issue can they please reply here with their informaion also.

Thank you.

And yet, people will still go there to get their precious gear...

No wonder we get such poor MMOs these days, it doesn't need to be fun, i just need to be able to get better gear!

I agree but at the same time PvP in this game also happens to be more gear dependent than in any mmo I have ever played so if you want to be able to pull your own weight as most classes you pretty much have to. As it is I rarely go to Ilum though despite having pretty poor gear because it makes me hate playing the game.

Hi everyone,

This isn't an "inconvenience" Joveth...this one is a MAJOR game breaker for a lot of us Pub players. We can't win WZ's because we're so outgeared. If we DO, there's like a 50/50 chance they'll count, and now THIS?

Dude...patch this ASAP. This is pretty big (again) Joveth.

Ilum is approaching the point of no return. It seems to have a never ending run of bugs and eventually the player base is just going to write the planet off entirely, even if it does finally start WAI one day.

You do realize the irony of this right, the player base abusing mechanics in a PvP zone to the point where the developer has to take actions, actions that in turn cases new issues.

Ilum is per design fine, the kill counters would have been fine as well, the player base created the faction imbalance and abused kill trading, not BioWare, consider that before you (the general reader not you specific) cry about the place.

Besides if it's so horrible and not fun then don't go there, if you play just for the gear that the daily / weekly give you then you should perhaps take a long hard look at why you even play the game.

copy paste from my other thread:

So ive tested it for a bit,

i had zerged for about 2 hours in a 70 vs 70ih zerg on illum, got like 70k valor

during these times i ve got killphases where i didnt get any credits for killing enemies..

so our theory at first was, we had to die ourselves in order to reset that "bug"...

which we did.. and suddenly kills started to count again....just for the next 6-10 kills.. then we had to die again and so on and so on...

however until now the third hour the enemies seems to start not grantig any killcounts towards the daily/weekly whatsoever...

then i logged onto another lvl 50 alt to get my illum daily done and did not get 1 single kill counted towards the quest ( i must ve killed like 50 enemies)

so my theory is EITHER

*) kill counts are limited to a certain value for the ACCOUNT (not character)

OR

*) the victims (those beeing killed) only grant a LIMITED amount of kills to the killers

OR

*) its bugged (what a surprise ^^)

would be nice to get a bw responsen to this one...

i guess its a bug

Helm Of Graush - Reb side

Not working correctly, picked up the weekly and daily. First kill I got when I got there, didn't count. So the doesn't count if you've killed them recently excuse is invalid. I got a total of 4 kills that actually counted in 45 mins before I said to hell with this, not going to waste my time.

Just amazes me, being an ex-EA and SCEA QA employee that they just continue to let these bad patches get through to public servers. Who the hell is running their QA team?

Broken game is broken...

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the acknowledgement, that's all I wanted from this thread.

So now Illum is "working as intended" I guess? What a joke. So much for dailys as Republic. Even if this forced ppl to not trade kill, no kills AT ALL for killing anyone is fubar, and goes against the patch notes, must be a bug... either way...

my suggestion, the empire creates the death star early and blows up Illum instead of Alderaan. Problem solved. That's essentially what they're doing...

Hi everyone,

Didn't see this, thank you! I knew it had to be a bug... I confirm myself 5 kills nothing counted. Neither side had control of Illum, if that matters.

To me it seems like it no longer matters if you got credit for a player recently, only if they died recently. No idea if this is intentional or not, but if it is, shame on you.

A lot of us are trying to do this legit really... This kinda breaks the whole idea of World PvP.

Edited by Crowleyz