** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

Zaodon

We just had this issue occur on Nadd's Sarcophagus. This is the second time this has happened on our server. The first time it only happened on our server unless someone could confirm it happening earlier.

We were able to get credit until approximately 6:30 AM PST. From 4:30 AM PST to 6:30 AM PST several guildies were able to complete their quest and receive valor.

PLEASE LIST WHAT SERVER YOU ARE ON IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING THIS ISSUE

TL; DR - This only happened to the Nadd's Sarcophagus server. The last time it happened was on 1/30/12 and lasted around 14 hours.

EDIT Thread from 1/30/12 for reference

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Kills in Ilum not counting towards daily/weekly PvP missions as of patch 1.1.2."

We need a BioWare response to this issue.

Dunno what you talk about, just finished my daily and weekly q on Ilum, no problem at all

So lets see...

Half my Warzone wins actually don't count for a Warzone win...

Bioware wants me to spent an eternity on Ilum trying to find some fool who just zoned in essentially... Because you know if someone killed my target three minutes ago on the OTHER SIDE OF ILUM I obviously shouldn't get credit for the kill either?

I'd much rather have to complete MORE of the daily quests over more total days if they took less damn time every day to complete them. So I won't get that instant gratification of the item, but I also won't want to throw a B****** Developer through a window the fifth time in a row my WZ victory didn't actually count for my Daily/Weekly.

Yet Bioware seems to want to go running and screaming in another direction. Their tinkering with the hamster wheel to make it a worse experience is getting incredibly old.

Ilum works on my server.And if these changes are to stop kill trading and valor farming most of us are happy.

Here is a thought. If you feel like your being farmed then don't go back. Go do something else and then come back later.

Kellers Void was working fine. IF the pubs come running through and wipe all the imps then the imps group up together and then wipe the pubs.

After a few times then there is an all out War (BATTLE)! It's the funnest thing to be apart of.

ALso, Are the crates spawn slower now. If so that really sucks! Might not be so bad if they spawn all over the battle of Ilum. But geez some times just hunting the chest in the central takes forever!

Were you killing enemies at Central, Southern, or Northern?

Was it at the base that they weren't counting?

Was the enemy outside of those zones?

We as the forum going community need to know more information before flipping out on Bioware.

killed rebels all over the bg zone and didnt get any cred, but this bug was only in ilum 2, ilum 1 worked fine on my server.

think we had like 1hr killing rebels and we got like 5-10 kills on tha daily/weekly

This is on Hex Droid for those asking.

1st: I'm fighting from my imperial assassin.

2nd: We're talking 2-3 ops groups 60 v 60 (give or take 10-15)

3rd: I entered the fighting at 0 weekly/daily so i can give an accurate count on my kills.

4th: I reenter the fight grid as soon as possible (but stand at back a bit to allow loading).

At first it seemed fine, hit 70 after some good fighting (around the usable guns not the ramps).

Then i noticed (after a 3 gun routing run (where we brute force fight them off a gun and they regroup/run to the next gun)) that i had received 0 valor/kill updates, and this was a 15minute span where i didn't die and was in the middle of the fighting.

It was at this point that others started noticing it too (recent joiners and people before me).

So i died, came back and voíla it started counting again, i got another 25 before it stopped again.

So i died again, came back and got 4.

So i died again, came back and got none.

Then i crashed, came back online, went fighting and got 14 before it stopped.

So i died, came back, while waiting for grid to load i see 7 more kill/valor numbers show up bit by bit on screen.

I decide to just go nuts, pulling and AOEing and of course dying horribly often all the way to 150 (and beyond).

During my last 30 kills needed for weekly, i counted at least 40 more 'tagged' players that i did not receive credit for before i stopped counting the fails (i still had 13 more kills for weekly to go).

At a rough estimate i reckon i 'tagged' 240-280 players that died in order to get my 150 weekly completed.

May be we all have it wrong. Maybe Bioware's goal isn't to increase player combat at Ilum. Maybe the goal is to get more people to play "whack a mole" in the center with the respawn crates and forget about the whole kill other people thing entirely. Maybe by PVP what Bioware entends to have is Mario Cart style race to get of the crate spawn sites in the center of the map.

Maybe the real problem is that there isn't enough crate spawns to entice the fighting outside of the bases.

Just like with the warzones, killing players is a distant second objective. Scoring a goal, taking a turret, or destorying / defending a door are the primary goals with each mission. Killing players is just something you do to make reaching those goals easier.

Maybe in bioware's eyes Ilum is now the same thing. Kill players is secondary to get some damn crate in the center of the combat area.

so maybe the real problem isnt that player kills no longer count towards valor, maybe the real problem is that the crates don't count at all.

LOL :D

File a ticket and wait. I bet you they will tell you that the patch implemented changes to stop exploits at Ilum. That's likely all it is.

Nope. First you'll be asked when this happened, where it happened, on what server it happened (I'm always asked those exact questions). I wouldn't be surprised if the next question will be: "What game were you playing, when this issue happened?"

So I see a few theories:

1: You get kills until a random unverified amount then you need to die to get more.

2: You need to do a large amount of damage to the target to get any credit.

3: The kill reset timer has be increase dramatically.

Add some more to the list. We need to test these theories since this seems to be a bit of security through obscurity.

Ether way, doing random, mystical, changes to core mechanics of an entire zone with a single 1 line patch note reeks of armature.

So Bioware, give us the valor rules, what are the conditions to get valor from a kill. You absolutely need to be able to answer that question clearly or you will fail.

So Bioware, give us the valor rules, what are the conditions to get valor from a kill. You absolutely need to be able to answer that question clearly or you will fail.

Any game that tries to put meaningful PvP into an RPG is going to fail.

It's time developers realised this, and developed PvP games as PvP games, and RPGs as RPGs.