** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

Zaodon

How is it trolling? I have the daily done, I haven't touched the armaments. You're so pathetic and nerdy it's disgusting.

telling us we are wrong just because you got 30 kills must be trolling or just eh i dont know how to say it by not beeing rude .

doh i fed you again

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup their check for Kill trading is removing count of legitimate kills.

They changed the definition of what counts towards you having a legitimate kill that's all. OP doesn't seem to understand this, though.

Edited by Ewgal

Same here.

Stopped getting kills while people in my op reported they still get kills counting towards their daily/weekly.

Jumped into some Imperials, died and re-spawned in the base -> kills were counting again for me.

"Kills in Ilum not counting towards daily/weekly PvP missions as of patch 1.1.2."

We need a BioWare response to this issue.

No matter how large, bold, or underlined your text -- BioWare/EA owes you nothing. Try and remember that. Also, I somehow doubt that your life, such as it is, will grind to halt or be irreparably damaged by a temporary issue in SWTOR PvP. That said, do you honestly think that they don't already know about it? Let's think rationally for a moment. There are really only two possible scenarios. The first being that BioWare/EA are aware of the issue you've mentioned and are working publishing a fix (which seems to be the case if you've read the patch notes). The second would be that BioWare/EA is -- again -- aware of the issue that you've raised and, although it's not an ideal situation, they are willing to accept it as clever use of game mechanics for the time being.

Please, original poster and the rest of the SWTOR community, I implore you: take a moment to think critically before deciding to post. The answers to questions are much easier to find if you look for them before demanding that someone else give them to you.

No matter how large, bold, or underlined your text -- BioWare/EA owes you nothing. Try and remember that. Also, I somehow doubt that your life, such as it is, will grind to halt or be irreparably damaged by a temporary issue in SWTOR PvP. That said, do you honestly think that they don't already know about it? Let's think rationally for a moment. There are really only two possible scenarios. The first being that BioWare/EA are aware of the issue you've mentioned and are working publishing a fix (which seems to be the case if you've read the patch notes). The second would be that BioWare/EA is -- again -- aware of the issue that you've raised and, although it's not an ideal situation, they are willing to accept it as clever use of game mechanics for the time being.

Please, original poster and the rest of the SWTOR community, I implore you: take a moment to think critically before deciding to post. The answers to questions are much easier to find if you look for them before demanding that someone else give them to you.

Congrats for not getting the purpose of this thread, or forums in general.

Zaodan I did exactly that and I got 4 kills towards my dailies in around 30 minutes in Central and Northern bases.

I also posted a long list of names that are trade killing and they are getting their kills so if it's a bug it isn't affecting all Kill Traders because they are still doing it.

These Ilum issues combined with the Warzone wins not counting is going to really kill the PvP in this game. As Republic it's hard enough to get a Warzone that starts with 8 people. They usually start 6v8 and we are already behind. When the wins don't count and Ilum is broken, PvP dies. Do they have unpaid interns running this game?

Congrats for not getting the purpose of this thread, or forums in general.

My apologies. I thought that the purpose of this thread was to obtain an answer to your question. Which, despite your not phrasing it, would be: "when will there be (or why isn't there) a fix for the Ilum bug yet?"

I thought that by answering your question in a constructive manner by logical deduction and encouraging you to do the same would be quite effective. I suppose that I was wrong, wasnt I? Again, my apologies. Good luck with your crusade to have questions answered twice. All the best.

*Edited to correct wrong term usage.

Edited by Omnistarr

So what can we take away for this???

1.) Some people cheat and Bioware is too lazy to catch them so they screw over ALL legimate players.

2.) Patch notes do not provide enough information.

3.) These forums are not properly supervised by a Bioware employee.

4.)Innocent players are less important to Bioware than the handful of bad players that must resort to explioting/cheating.

5.) SWTOR is a fragile game with a player base that has no loyality.

SO what's the answer?

I go to Illum. I see an Imp. I fight the Imp, we both try real hard, lots of key presses and mouse movement. I kill the Imp. No quest credit.

Seems broken to me. Seems reasonable to want a response about it too.

So what can we take away for this???

1.) Some people cheat and Bioware is too lazy to catch them so they screw over ALL legimate players.

2.) Patch notes do not provide enough information.

3.) These forums are not properly supervised by a Bioware employee.

4.)Innocent players are less important to Bioware than the handful of bad players that must resort to explioting/cheating.

5.) SWTOR is a fragile game with a player base that has no loyality.

A fair assertion, mate. But, I would add a couple more.

6) Entitled MMO gamer is entitled.

7) Overreactive MMO gamer overreacts.

=P

are you even lv 50?? have you been to ilum? go try it before you talk.

Yes. I just happen to think that in my experience the Ilum changes are as intended and to stop exploiting play there. If that means kill counts are harder than they used to be so be it.

If you look beyond the fog of text here I think that's all folks are reporting. They aren't getting as many kills as before and some are getting none. The checks and balances in the game have been tightened at Ilum finally.

SO what's the answer?

I go to Illum. I see an Imp. I fight the Imp, we both try real hard, lots of key presses and mouse movement. I kill the Imp. No quest credit.

Seems broken to me. Seems reasonable to want a response about it too.

Thank you so very much for asking a question instead of ranting and raving. I really do mean that sincerely, mate. It shows a greater intellect on your part.

The answer is that: BioWare/EA is more than likely aware of the problem and is working on crafting and publishing a fix as we speak. So, we'll all have to sit tight until they're done. Surely the world won't stop spinning in the meantime, mate. Right? :)