** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

Zaodon

Okay, I think I got it.

What you need to do:

While you faction controls the mid point you:

1) /dance

2) while dancing que for a WZ.

3) Now, while being careful to not stop dancing you must cancel the WZ with less that what ever number of kills you have toward the daily +1 seconds left.

4) Immediate attack the opposite faction, BUT you must die

5) Last, /stuck, then attack the same avatar and you MUST solo them (no one can tag the target too).

If you do this there is a 25% chance to get credit for the kill.

BTW, this is W A I...

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we just atleast get an admin explination on this? Ive tried killing others at points, letting pubs kill me at non points and points i have no kills and no valor. Im done for the day until i hear somethign on this.

Also it cant be about dying within a certain time, i flew to ilum, down to the south and then had a pub kill me and he didnt get credit for it when i hadnt even died yet.

Like most low pop servers ilum involves a 10 player same faction NASCAR race for crates. We would usually have 4 to 5 Repubs come and take us down and thats how we would get our dailies now.... Now instead of it taking 2 hours to do our dailies its going to take 5 due to reduce crate spawn times and the kills no longer counting to our dailies.

Most servers don't have 40 on 40 kill trading, as most servers don't have 40 level 50's online at the same time. Way to not care once again about all those players you directed to low pop servers at launch.

Yes, -most- servers do.

If it is TOTALLY broken I still say it is an improvement.

And I am impressed with Bioware for trying to fix this so the PVP game won't die the way it did in SWG when Base Clubbing went unchecked.

Yesterday I spent hours and hours trying to fight imps, got more rage from semi AFK kill traders (some in my own faction) than I have gotten from all the imps I've killed to date in ToR. (I have some great FRAPS of this btw)

And I've done little else here but kill imps.

From what I saw from players during the kill swapping, I can guarantee that if Bioware fixes kill swapping the tears will flow across the forums like a tsunami.

But it will make the PVP game worth playing to those of us who are interested in PVP.

Edited by GoldSquadGirl

Okay, I think I got it.

What you need to do:

While you faction controls the mid point you:

1) /dance

2) while dancing que for a WZ.

3) Now, while being careful to not stop dancing you must cancel the WZ with less that what ever number of kills you have toward the daily +1 seconds left.

4) Immediate attack the opposite faction, BUT you must die

5) Last, /stuck, then attack the same avatar and you MUST solo them (no one can tag the target too).

If you do this there is a 25% chance to get credit for the kill.

BTW, this is W A I...

I laughed, because i think all we had tried a lot of stupid stuff thinking it would "fix" it. I remember an alderaan were we let the empire get a second base so we would win by 10-0 to see if the length of the match had anything to do with the bug.

It didn't count tho.

Obviously Ilum isn't working as intended right now. I killed about 40 Imps and got credited for five. I just want to get my daily and get out of there and I know at this rate it may take hours to get the daily done. Not acceptable whatsoever. I'm going to play an alt until they patch and fix Ilum.

Shame on you Bioware for not testing this out properly.

Greetings folks!

We appreciate your patience while we moderated this thread. Several threads have been moderated, as a gentle reminder to everyone, please remember the following:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.
  • Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Thank you!

Edited by Trineda

^ First yellow response but it's not about the thread... Common Bioware, this is just as bad as the overnight Battlemasters during the 1.1 patch if not worse.

Edit: missed a yellow post earlier in thread :(

Edited by TheGremli

Greetings folks!

We appreciate your patience while we moderated this thread. Several threads have been moderated, as a gentle reminder to everyone, please remember the following:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.
  • Ignoring - If you feel you simply cannot get along with another community member, please place them on your ignore list.

Thank you!

why dont you go and fix ilum.......... i could care less what people say about each other on the forums

Greetings folks!

Thank you!

If you fixed your game.. you wouldn't have these threads. Technically speaking.. This is your fault.

The person who made the response is a Community Representative. The bug just hit today.

When solving an issue there is no magic fix button sadly. It takes time to investigate if the problem is real, where the route of the problem is, what best action to take, ect.

well would be nice to hear if its a bug, or they think its prefectly fine and was designed that way.

a simple : we look into it would be enough to calm half people down, but not even that is sad

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

World PvP

Ilum

• Chests on Ilum now respawn less frequently to reduce potential gains from farming.
  • Particle Cannons can no longer be permanently disabled.
  • Implemented safeguards to address a Valor exploit.

So I killed at our base. at southern and central and everywhere in between.

NO VALOR GIVEN NOR KILLS COUNTED TOWARD WEEKLY/DAILY SO THE GAME IS BROKEN.

well would be nice to hear if its a bug, or they think its prefectly fine and was designed that way.

a simple : we look into it would be enough to calm half people down, but not even that is sad

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We're currently investigating and we'll give you an update as soon as we have one. Apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

To me that says that their community manager passed on the information to the development team and they are currently looking into it.

From my personal experience at my job tracking a bug can take a lot of time. And I just work on mostly frontend work on the webapp at the company I am at.

At this point from the users it is better to give exactly what happened as feed back for the bug rather than griping about it

This way the developers can try to to re-create the actions you did to cause the bug and find the origin of it.

Edited by Dragonexadon

They have responded back on page 12..

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue. We're currently investigating and we'll give you an update as soon as we have one. Apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for your patience.

I just wish BW would atleast give us a nice kiss before they screw us over...and over....and over...and over...

I really question if anyone QC's these 'patches' before they put them live? I am not trying to be demeaning to Bioware but how do they fail to catch these blatant problems over and over before putting the patches live?

Edited by Hurkk

Neverwinter was a online RPG. It wasn't an MMO. First MMO was probably Ultima Online (97). In the timeframe before WoW you also had Everquest and Asheron's Call (99). I'm sure there were others, though.

Your dumb.

Most industry talent consider NWN to be the first MMO.

Massively refers to the technology of the period. That would be like 15 years from now, claiming SWTOR wasnt a "MMO" because it didnt support 100,000 +/- people per server.

NWN went from 50 players a server to *500* per server. Sometimes, that feels like more then what SWTOR is handling, so yeah, whatever.