More than one regualar downtime a week is a SERIOUS problem...

Cancrizans

There is never a perfect time to bring the game down. At any point someone, somewhere will be affected. This is the nature of running a global operation.

I for one, am glad that they are fixing issues that prevent some people from enjoying the game as I do. If we have to sacrifice a few extra hours here and there for other to have their problems resolved I don't mind at all. I know if I was one of many having issues playing, I wouldn't want to have to wait until the following Tuesday or Wednesday if they had a fix. Normal maintenance is one thing, this should rarely be moved or rescheduled. But special issues do arise and this requires special action to be taken. Just think of it this way, anytime the game has a problem resolved it is to the benefit of everyone. Just because we haven't experienced a certain problem, doesn't mean we never will. This maintenance may prevent us from dealing with these issues in the future.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both of you see my edit. Love to see your reaction when they do this at the times you prefer to play.

My reaction to that is "gee. That's too bad. I'll do something else tonight."

It's a video game. If I can't play it on a given night every now and again while they make it better, it's not the end of the world, and a perfect excuse to do something else.

I'd rather they fix what's broken, even if it means occasional outages beyond their weekly patch.

I can't even be bothered to read this thread. Do you realize how amazing it is that the servers are up as much as they are. Most MMORPGs aren't this stable within the first month and a half. With most MMORPGs the downtime in the first month is generally unplanned and extensive with no schedule at all. Currently the down time we are experiencing is scheduled, planned ,and relatively short. The down time isn't due to instability or ineptitude. The down time is being used to fix defects and make improvements which I am happy to see occurring in such a timely manner. Also the down time forces me to go to sleep so I can't complain much. Currently this is a problem for EU players, but I am also happy to see that the devs have made a nod to the EU players saying they are looking into changing the patch time for the EU servers.

EDIT: If you are going to make some comment about "I am glad the servers are down at least they are fixing the game", save your breath. Every other MMO I have ever played has fixed their games by taking the servers down once a week. And I will add this: I guarantee you wouldn't be singing the same song if they took them down during YOUR prime playing hours.

Yes other games did that....but it also then of course took a while to fix everything, this way people can get their fixes sooner to enjoy the game. Also the downtime is not exactly a lot so you need to stop QQing so much

Both of you see my edit. Love to see your reaction when they do this at the times you prefer to play.

They have done it a few times, when I prefer to play.

Blizzard has done it, Trion has done it, Sony has done it... it's simply part of MMOs.

I'm not making an excuse for anyone, your post is opinion and it's something that bothers you, best taken up through an email or a phone call, what do you want other customers to do about your problems? None of us have control over it.

Also: is this the only thing you do? Not being facetious, just saying.. I can recommend some other games if that's your only choice, and there are tons of activities to get involved in, even ones involving SWTOR.. when the servers are down.

And I will add this: I guarantee you wouldn't be singing the same song if they took them down during YOUR prime playing hours.

Don't think of it as BW depriving you of TOR for a few hours a couple times per week. Look at it as BW encouraging you not to have your life revolve around a video game. Go out with your friends, read a book, clean your house, w/e.

It's just a game.

Well.. mature people just deal with it.

Now let us compare how mature people deal with stuff like this, and how you have dealt with it so far.

I read the opening post and the part at the bottom saying every other MMO only updates once per week. I don't have a problem with BioWare fixing problems as fast as they can find them. It means that they care about the quality of their game and our game experience.

I gues that this means that the OP has to ask himself why other MMOs don't care enough about their games to fix problems as quickly as they can.

Just sayin'.

Sand

Do I like it when the servers come down on my one day off during the 7 day week? No, but I also don't come on the forums and complain about it.

Ofcourse you do not come to the forums complaining about it, the forums are taken down aswell.

Has anyone posted to say they are going to quit because the servers get taken offline and they can't play the game?

Cause, you know .... that would be insane. :eek:

Just sayin.

Yep. Just last night. Guess someone had their binky taken away one too many times.

it's not 3 am in all places in the world just fYI incase you didn't know the world is round.

OMG really? Does the rest of the world know about this? :rolleyes:

Although in all honesty, the EU folks do at least have a somewhat legit gripe about the time the servers go down but hey, it's always beer o' clock somewhere in the world. But that's not what this thread is about now, is it?

OMG really? Does the rest of the world know about this? :rolleyes:

I don't know how widely known it is, just found out myself! :p

FYI i was not arguing against the downtimes, personally i'm fine with how they are even in the EU 3 am is something like 10 AM etc and the servers come back online around when most get off work or school. The real players taht get shafted is australia or i schould say the oceanic players

Edited by Mr_Crueak

that is true and i completely agree but 20 times in less than 50 days they've patched the servers. It's getting ridiculous now.

RIDICULOUS INDEED! They are fixing the game on a regular basis so people can enjoy it?!?!?! This is outrageous

Edited by eightohfive