More than one regualar downtime a week is a SERIOUS problem...

Cancrizans

downtime is never fun , but not being able to play due

to gamebreaking issues ( such as the one after the last patch )

ctd's , constant freezes that make it unplayable etc...

isnt fun either and is pretty much downtime for many players

as well..

i also believe that in time the services and downtimes will

get better as the game will get more stable ( i assume at least )

you never know.. but think positive.

i also think its not entirely fair to compare long lasting

games with swtor and if its all so great why not play that then.

may not have as much downtime or is more polished but has been

milked out and chewed on so much already , no thanks.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your life is so narrowly focused that you get mad at not playing a game for a few hours, you need to look at your issues to be frank.

When the down time is the ONLY time you are able to play, then it becomes an issue. Those of us who sleep during the day, and work at night, who are trying to play that one or two nights a week when we are off work, gets very frustrating. Not everyone falls into your "need to look at your issues" category. Some of us do have lives, but when we want to play, and that play time is not available, we start to look at other MMO's without so much downtime.

This is a new MMO.

Regular and irregular patches are the norm at this time of the games.

In other games you might see a 'Sorry, we'll bring down the servers in one hour for a quick patch for about 15 minutes.' instead of the multiple hours we receive here, but that is caused by the choice of server and software.

I think the 20 out of 50 days says it all.

It's an unacceptable amount. And it's not like Westcoasters like myself are going to wait around till 2am for it to come back up. We'll just go to sleep.

Stop bringing down the server every 2 days. Stop it. Seriously. Stop.

not sure where you got the "every other MMO "

more importantly according to your sig your not even playing

is it a lie are you a troll ?

none of these things actually mater

the basic fact is that BW need to provide a game that 2012 players will accept

currently the amount of patching & down time appears to be excessive

Actually no, I had decided ot quit, but have now re subbed for 1 more month to level on IMP side. if it is any concern....

As for rest, 2012 players.... ? seriously, you do know your so called 2012 player base is without doubt the most greedy, self absorbed demanding an complaining ever seen in MMO history (I am not abusing you personally) but the evidence is in this forum in every thread, demands threats complaints demanding free this an free that, or els I'll sue.... etc etc etc...

You know why there is no community in gaming any more, because wow hooked you all on free shinys an pandered to you, now you all expect it.

None talks about the game in forum or in game, they all jsut ***** an moan at each other, an demand everything be made easier for them.

It is kind of a shame because if you were old enough to have played "actual" MMO's pre wow you would have seen amazing community's. People helped each other, chatted an did stuff with random players. there was no race hate, or threats an filth spammed in chat constantly..

People logged in to play with outhers, an looked forward ot it.

You know tonight on Swiftsure I was shown just how bad it's gotten. I was explaining to a couple of BG farmers how real pvpers dont play for shinys, an they called me all sorts of names before "trying" to talk down to me an said that all hardcore pvpers have their valor gear.... I just laughed because they were never going to understand.

I pvp to kill people not to farm some silly virtual pixels. They couldn't grasp the simplicity of the idea, an continued to rant an call me silly schoolyard names an race hate until I blocked them.

Welcome to "2012 players"

First off let me start by saying I'm on the East Coast US where they actually have their downtimes correct!

Why is it that it takes 8 hrs to install an update or 2 hrs for a server side patch pray tell? I'll tell you why because they are implementing on all the servers at the same time. Why is that not a good idea? I'll tell you why because 1 - not all servers have their highest pop's at the same time and 2 - because when you take that many servers offline at the same time it takes much longer to implement the patch on that many servers = long down time!

Obvious and easy fix is their 1? Of course have server selection prior to patch and logon allowing the game to patch according to the server you are logging into and patch the server's according to highest pop for that server and it's region it is done with many game's and reduces the complaining and allows for smaller down time for the individual servers!

This is Server and MMO 101 people for cripe sakes! :confused:

P.S. For those supposed Masses save your "it doesn't affect me so they don't need to do anything" for someone who doesn't see you as who you are, most of you are just posting because you are afraid they may change something and then it may actually negatively affect YOU! YES YOU ARE THAT TRANSPARENT! :eek:

i too have cancelled my subscriptions, i still have about 50 days left on current, but i think ill give them a month by month trial for a few to see how much longer this is happening. im playing in australia and its infuriating not only we dont have servers yet, but the time of these constant maints is my friends and i's, only chance to play.

When the down time is the ONLY time you are able to play, then it becomes an issue. Those of us who sleep during the day, and work at night, who are trying to play that one or two nights a week when we are off work, gets very frustrating. Not everyone falls into your "need to look at your issues" category. Some of us do have lives, but when we want to play, and that play time is not available, we start to look at other MMO's without so much downtime.

Sorry mate, but I am a 20 year veteran of being a Trawler-man, working for days on end is not new to me. To be honest it would be my fault if I came home an complained I couldn't play tor because I was too tiered from work.

How exactly is it Bioware fault that you work at odd times?. Surly it's down to you to either make time to play or find a game you can play?.

It's only a few hours an its the first time the servers have come down twice in 2 days.

lol every other MMO did NOT take it down once a week, you are wrong.

I dont really see tor as a MMO anyway but I dont care how often they take servers down. Hell EVE Online comes down every single night for 15 mins without fail. an its 8 years old.

If your life is so narrowly focused that you get mad at not playing a game for a few hours, you need to look at your issues to be frank.

I think everyone would gladly take 15 minutes a night without fail. Hell that's less than 2 hours a week. I would find that perfectly acceptable.

Seeing as how I play Eve I know they are able to put patches in that 15 minute time frame (it's actually 30 minutes by the way).

Sorry mate, but I am a 20 year veteran of being a Trawler-man, working for days on end is not new to me. To be honest it would be my fault if I came home an complained I couldn't play tor because I was too tiered from work.

How exactly is it Bioware fault that you work at odd times?. Surly it's down to you to either make time to play or find a game you can play?.

It's only a few hours an its the first time the servers have come down twice in 2 days.

Doesn't change the fact that those of us who work at night and get off hoping to play the game don't get to play because of these updates / patches / fixes makes it frustrating.

I think everyone would gladly take 15 minutes a night without fail. Hell that's less than 2 hours a week. I would find that perfectly acceptable.

Seeing as how I play Eve I know they are able to put patches in that 15 minute time frame (it's actually 30 minutes by the way).

Now that is 100% false. CCP takes 24 to 48 hours for a patch.

The daily reset at 0 GMT is for a minor restart.

Edited by Romiz

15 mins would be perfectly OKAY compared to 8hrs and 2hrs and anything OVER 1hr... sigh..

Doesn't change the fact that those of us who work at night and get off hoping to play the game don't get to play because of these updates / patches / fixes makes it frustrating.

Again it isn't down to bioware to work around your work times, I understand you might feel frustrated, but again it is down to you to make time.

Now that is 100% false. CCP takes 24 to 48 hours for a patch.

The daily reset at 0 GMT is for a minor restart.

lol the "patch" is once a month, an it takes several hours to patch the server, ONCE A MONTH..... it does NOT take up to 48 hours at all, in the 7 years I have played, the server has been down for 24 hours, about 3 times.

Edited by Sireene
rude/uninviting

Here is another tip. Test the patch on a separate server and see how it runs. Why do you need to take down all the servers to test the patch on an isolated server? You can't virtualize the software temporarily with a virtual server? At least then you would know what you're doing and be able to auto-generate the code, and it could take less than an hour.

It's not a serious problem. BW is fixing problems which are a normal thing for the online game of this magnitude. Some are urgent and require swift action.

Well said mate, it wouldn't matter if the servers came down for 5 hours a day if it meant the game was improving.

I'm 44, and not some kid who just started working at night, been doing it for 25+ years so I know the routine, probably more so than you. Because I do have a life, and a family, I can only play at certain times (the same time the servers are down). Now while that may indeed be my problem, I may choose to go back to "lord of the rings" where the down time is limited to once a week (at worst). Since I am a paying customer, it's my right to bring this issue to their attention.