I'm level 50! Now what?! I'LL TELL YOU "WHAT"!!

Danylko

So after about a month and a half, I hit level 50 on one of my characters. Yes, it took me a month in a half. If I did not focus on other characters, I might have done it within a month but this is all with what I consider "casual" gameplay (aka, play when I have free time). When I hit 50, I was at the previous planet before the last one for my class quest and have already been diverted for a bonus series on another planet.

But after looking at this forum, I have to ask just how in the HECK are people "bored" and say there is "nothing to do" after they reach 50? There is soooo much to do, even after you hit 50. Let me give you guys some ideas:

1.) Did you even finish your class quest at 50 or did you finish it before 50? If you finished it before 50, go ahead and finish up the story. Don't just stop at 50 and say "Oh great, I'm 50.. now what do I do? I don't want to keep questing". Even do the side bonus quests for each quest you have. It will help you gain Legacy XP for later on!

2.) How about all the quests you have left in your quest journal? Maybe you should consider clearing them out before you say your "bored" and there is "nothing to do". Even some of the easier quests... you never know what they may offer in a reward.

3.) Do you seriously have ALL the high end gear for end game? Probably not. How about start grinding up those high end comms to get the gear. This will surely take a while to do with PvP and Dailies.

4.) How about your companions? They ALL have stories too, you know? It's almost literally impossible that you have reached 50 and did ALL your companions stories to max level affection! I'm interested in their stories too, you know!

5.) What's your social level? Mine is 1. I really would like to eventually get to IV or V but I know that's not going to happen over night... So go ahead and farm a Flashpoint with a full group or help others out on Heroics. More than likely, you are Social level III.. unless of course, you leveled with 4 different players at the same time from 12am-12am EVERY day since the game came out. There is some really cool High Level Social Gear, you know!

6.) What do your guildies need? Help with Flashpoints? Heroics? How about getting any level 50s in your guild and do the end game Operations together? Or even just lending a guildie a helping hand on one of their quests at later levels, so they can catch up quicker. Heck, even at earlier levels. They may take a hit on xp but they will get there sooner or later to level 50. Maybe there is even a Flashoinbt you forgot to do!

7.) Did you find EVERY datacron on EVERY planet you can visit? If not, go back and do this! Lots of them are frustrating to retrieve, so it may take a couple hours out of your gameplay time to figure out the strategy to retrieve these!

8.) Space! While space isn't the best in this game, there are lots of space missions. Go ahead, and do them. You may actually find them fun to do and may get into a whole different game in SWTOR.

9.) Alts: You're bored? Did you start an alt? Go ahead and do so! There are EIGHT different stories in this game (actually, there might be sixteen different stories, depending if you go light side or dark side for each class.. I'm not even so sure myself). Get all your alts to 50, finish their stories, finish their companion's stories, have them readily available for their needs to your guildies and friends! Do this for both Republic and Empire! It will surely take you longer than that 2 weeks it took you to get "bored".

10.) Crew skills: If you have alts, get yourself all the various crew skills for each alt. I believe, you can do so with 6 different alts and there also looks to be some random crew skills that are not "needed" towards the main ones. Do these, and max them all out! It may cost you a few credits to do it, but it will be worth it (despite people saying crew skills are worthless now, have them maxed out for later on when they matter). Heck, you may even find yourself more interested in taking that toon towards the story.

11.) Codex: Have you discovered everything in the Codex?! Maybe it's time you go back to planets and discover all you can in the Codex. For me, personally, I would be very interested in the exploring. Finding Lore Objects, getting the beast entries, doing all the datacrons, getting whatever titles I can, etc.

12.) World Bosses: How about the World Bosses? Even if you decided to take them down "as you went along" with your class quests, maybe you can go back and get a group together or become part of a random group and try them again! They could possibly drop different/random rewards that you have not seen yet!

13.) Companion Gear: If you have all the high end gear for yourself, then great! You're already ahead of the game then! But what about your companions? I'm not even sure what use they have for end game, but I think it would be quite cool if you showed them some love and geared them up as high as possible! After all, you and your companion may have been through a lot during your class quest. They deserve that end game gear too! (please note: I am *not* suggesting that you roll "Need" on group quests for your companions)

14.) Valor: Not everyone was fortunate enough to gain max level Valor during that period where people were able to farm Valor due to an Illum bug. Go out there, PvP as much as you can, get your Valor points and max it out! Do this, for each of your characters!

15.) Dailies/Weekly: Finally, but definitely not last, go and do your Dailies and Weekly missions. Do the Flashpoints, HM Flashpoints, PvP Warzones, Illum PvP Zone and Operations! Plus whatever else is offered! This alone will definitely keep you busy!

There ya have it, my guide to the 15 things you can do to cure your boredom in this game. (Waiting on forum trolls to come in with some retort now)

P.S.

If you're a DD Edition or CE, check out all the call things you can also get for end game or save up to buy yourself!

nicely stated. It is funny how my guild has plenty of people whoa re lvl 50 and somehow they all still keep logging in and having fun.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All those things are boring though.

Ever consider video games may not be for you? Because most of that list is exactly what you find in any other video game. I think some people just play way too much and burn themselves out, has nothing to do with the particular game.

Nope its how i see these threads play out. People love to hate on others that like this game, i find it funny.

And people seem to love to defend aspects of this game that are clearly sub-par, usually opening with some sort of jab at people that have the temerity to critically examine their darling baby.

And people seem to love to defend aspects of this game that are clearly sub-par, usually opening with some sort of jab at people that have the temerity to critically examine their darling baby.

"Critically examine"? Thanks for making me chuckle. :rolleyes:

OP reminds me of how I felt sad when I would finish a single-player console game, because nothing was left to do except go out and find the remaining gang tags and secret jumps.....

Oh wait how silly of me we aren't talking about a single player game here! :rolleyes:

Well if none of what OP suggests makes you happy, you can also just go outside in the real world. Why be unhappy with a game?

Well........... because it's a product I paid for and am still (for now) paying for and I want my money's worth.

Mmkay?

So after about a month and a half, I hit level 50 on one of my characters. Yes, it took me a month in a half. If I did not focus on other characters, I might have done it within a month but this is all with what I consider "casual" gameplay (aka, play when I have free time). When I hit 50, I was at the previous planet before the last one for my class quest and have already been diverted for a bonus series on another planet.

But after looking at this forum, I have to ask just how in the HECK are people "bored" and say there is "nothing to do" after they reach 50? There is soooo much to do, even after you hit 50. Let me give you guys some ideas:

1.) Did you even finish your class quest at 50 or did you finish it before 50? If you finished it before 50, go ahead and finish up the story. Don't just stop at 50 and say "Oh great, I'm 50.. now what do I do? I don't want to keep questing". Even do the side bonus quests for each quest you have. It will help you gain Legacy XP for later on!

2.) How about all the quests you have left in your quest journal? Maybe you should consider clearing them out before you say your "bored" and there is "nothing to do". Even some of the easier quests... you never know what they may offer in a reward.

3.) Do you seriously have ALL the high end gear for end game? Probably not. How about start grinding up those high end comms to get the gear. This will surely take a while to do with PvP and Dailies.

4.) How about your companions? They ALL have stories too, you know? It's almost literally impossible that you have reached 50 and did ALL your companions stories to max level affection! I'm interested in their stories too, you know!

5.) What's your social level? Mine is 1. I really would like to eventually get to IV or V but I know that's not going to happen over night... So go ahead and farm a Flashpoint with a full group or help others out on Heroics. More than likely, you are Social level III.. unless of course, you leveled with 4 different players at the same time from 12am-12am EVERY day since the game came out. There is some really cool High Level Social Gear, you know!

6.) What do your guildies need? Help with Flashpoints? Heroics? How about getting any level 50s in your guild and do the end game Operations together? Or even just lending a guildie a helping hand on one of their quests at later levels, so they can catch up quicker. Heck, even at earlier levels. They may take a hit on xp but they will get there sooner or later to level 50. Maybe there is even a Flashoinbt you forgot to do!

7.) Did you find EVERY datacron on EVERY planet you can visit? If not, go back and do this! Lots of them are frustrating to retrieve, so it may take a couple hours out of your gameplay time to figure out the strategy to retrieve these!

8.) Space! While space isn't the best in this game, there are lots of space missions. Go ahead, and do them. You may actually find them fun to do and may get into a whole different game in SWTOR.

9.) Alts: You're bored? Did you start an alt? Go ahead and do so! There are EIGHT different stories in this game (actually, there might be sixteen different stories, depending if you go light side or dark side for each class.. I'm not even so sure myself). Get all your alts to 50, finish their stories, finish their companion's stories, have them readily available for their needs to your guildies and friends! Do this for both Republic and Empire! It will surely take you longer than that 2 weeks it took you to get "bored".

10.) Crew skills: If you have alts, get yourself all the various crew skills for each alt. I believe, you can do so with 6 different alts and there also looks to be some random crew skills that are not "needed" towards the main ones. Do these, and max them all out! It may cost you a few credits to do it, but it will be worth it (despite people saying crew skills are worthless now, have them maxed out for later on when they matter). Heck, you may even find yourself more interested in taking that toon towards the story.

11.) Codex: Have you discovered everything in the Codex?! Maybe it's time you go back to planets and discover all you can in the Codex. For me, personally, I would be very interested in the exploring. Finding Lore Objects, getting the beast entries, doing all the datacrons, getting whatever titles I can, etc.

12.) World Bosses: How about the World Bosses? Even if you decided to take them down "as you went along" with your class quests, maybe you can go back and get a group together or become part of a random group and try them again! They could possibly drop different/random rewards that you have not seen yet!

13.) Companion Gear: If you have all the high end gear for yourself, then great! You're already ahead of the game then! But what about your companions? I'm not even sure what use they have for end game, but I think it would be quite cool if you showed them some love and geared them up as high as possible! After all, you and your companion may have been through a lot during your class quest. They deserve that end game gear too! (please note: I am *not* suggesting that you roll "Need" on group quests for your companions)

14.) Valor: Not everyone was fortunate enough to gain max level Valor during that period where people were able to farm Valor due to an Illum bug. Go out there, PvP as much as you can, get your Valor points and max it out! Do this, for each of your characters!

15.) Dailies/Weekly: Finally, but definitely not last, go and do your Dailies and Weekly missions. Do the Flashpoints, HM Flashpoints, PvP Warzones, Illum PvP Zone and Operations! Plus whatever else is offered! This alone will definitely keep you busy!

There ya have it, my guide to the 15 things you can do to cure your boredom in this game. (Waiting on forum trolls to come in with some retort now)

P.S.

If you're a DD Edition or CE, check out all the call things you can also get for end game or save up to buy yourself!

PLEASE PLEASE tell me you're joking, right?

Else this is seriously the dumbest thing Ive ever read on the SWTOR forums.

I accented the parts that really made me lol :)

Awww, I remember my first MMO too. This thread is cute!

Exactly.

People are complaining about end-game because they have been fed the same type of content over and over again.

The standard MMO "end-game" consists of battlegrounds and raids.

WTB more creativity.

Yes, I finished the story becouse You have to do this to get Illum dailys :)

I Abandoned all grey ones, no point on doing quests that give no reward, besides I was usualy picking up comodations or companion gear.

Yeaaah. Doing all dailys on Illum and Belsavis takes up 3h or something like that a day.

Warzone daily can take up as much if You'r not lucky, and Illum daily can take several days if You'r republic :) Fortunatly I'm empire but I'm skipping this one enyways, I just don;t have time for it, you know, work, life and other stuff.

I already grinded out all I wanted from Illum and Belsavis dailys. So now I only care about warzones.

I have two left to maxe out. I'm gatering comapnion gifts for that on my alt but You can't call it an endgame content, or even "something to do". You just stand in one spot casting "give gift" and then waiting 15 seconds to recast. After few gift you go to your ship, lisen to 4 lines of dialogue and back to gift giveing. Mabey you like that kind of gameplay, but I don't.

Well every single heroic level flash point in NOT rewarding You with social point and dar/light side points. Farming Black Talon on normal for social points is just waste of time for desperate people.

Sure, thats a valid option and I;m helping My guildmates when they need it. But replaying same quests or low level heroics over nad over again is just plain boreing.

Why going after something that is frustrateing ? And You don't need EVERY datacrone. As an Inquisitor I don;t see a point in chaseing cunning datacrones for example. I know that there are pople out there who whant to get every codex entry, I'm just not feeling this urge in this game. Achivements like that here are very unrewarding. You can't even set achivement on the display in your character screet for everyone to see if they inspect you.

I did them all. I did them every day while I was leveling. Higher tier missions are jus the same tunnels with tougher enemies. I was doing those even at level 50 and sometimes I still do space missions becouse I realy enjoy them from time to time.

But how many times can You fly throu 3 missions at level 50 ?

Rest is just to easy.

Stories are so predictible and shallow that I rather unsubscribe.

First of all it realy doesn't matter what will you choose i conversation becouse it have absolutly no consequence on the storyline. And doing all the side quests once more just makes me want to puke.

You know that there is only one crew skill worth haveing ?

I had Cybertech, at level 50 i swiched to Biochem. I'm sitting at 5,3 mln credits anyways.

Craft is dead in this game.

Cool, it's Your time and money, You can do with it whatever You want.

I'm not interested in codex in this game. It just sucks and I hate hidden achivements.

Not very rewarding.

Yeah, I;m dumping all doubled columi and PvP gear and tiaonise commodation on companions. You will lern very fast that hard mode flash point give you mostly companion gear as a drop.

Still on it. But Hutt Ball is so f......g boreing after You play it 10 times a day, EVERY DAY.

Operation, and weekly, take one evening, or 2-3 houers on normal.

But I must say that I actualy enjoy those and I'm looking forward to progress hard mode operations.

You sir have to much time :)

But play a while at level 50 ant tell us in, let say, a month how did You do with all those 15 points of Yours and did You enjoy doing those.

Exactly.

People are complaining about end-game because they have been fed the same type of content over and over again.

The standard MMO "end-game" consists of battlegrounds and raids.

WTB more creativity.

Well there's only so much you can do with an rpg before starting to mix the game genres... Essentialy what you're asking for is new *kinds* of raids and warzones... Lets say, a survival mode for example where raidgroups get attacked by waves of monsters increasing in size... or warzones with different objectives than just attack/defend and capture the flag mechanics.

1.) Done every single quest in that game, even though most them were already green/gray even while I was still leveling.

2.) See 1

3.) A mix of Rakata/Battlemaster/Champion/Columi gear, for each of my 2 roles (Tank and DD). Only minor improvements available and those are limited because of raid lockouts and PvP dailies.

4.) Got all of them to 10k even before level 50. All quests done, except for Doc, because his mission "Crazy Talk" is STILL bugged.

5.) Also lvl 1, even though I did all the group content (Heroics and FPs) while leveling. Stupid system is not worth to grind for. Also no Heavy armor available.

6.) Half of them have already quit because of bugs, Ilum and too easy content. We do raid.

7.) Yes, got all of them. Pissed that I can't make a second Cube for my tank role, because they are unique instead of unique-equipped.

8.) Done all of them, already bought two artifact chests, have over 500 commendations left.

9.) Began some, but wont progress any further with them until I know what the Legacy system will bring.

10.) All my alts will also be Biochem. Already made the full sets of reusable Stims for Aim, Willpower, Strength and Cunning with my main for them.

11.) Discovered what I discovered. According to the forums, a lot of the planets' entries can't be finished anyway, so I wont start now, would just get my angry.

12.) Done most of them.

13.) All my companions wear at least level 49 gear. In total they also already wear 3 Columi, 4 Champion, 3 Tionese, 4 Centurion and 5 crafting artifact pieces. Plus a lot of those Ilum [H2+] daily enhancements.

14.) Rank 62, progressing further by doing the dailies.

15.) Doing them.

On thing I didn't do are hardmode flashpoints, except for the two based on the lvl 50 FPs. The thing is, I don't need the gear and they don't offer really anything new, like additional or different bosses (see Rift or WoW).

OP is so naive, it's cute.

I already did everything, bro. Everything on your list. I have two 50s, by the way. Oh idd I mention I cleared all content on Nightmare, too?

There's nothing to do anymore, at all. I am not rerolling another char to go through exactly the same quests once again with the same dialogues and the same resolutions to have 10h worth of fun at the endgame.

Nope its how i see these threads play out. People love to hate on others that like this game, i find it funny.

I don't but I do think its stupid to say to someone "complete all the quests you missed, level another toon, explore the linear and corridor planets" because that is not good endgame.

I played other MMO's to

Star Wars Galaxies, Lineage 2, Lord of the Rings online and World of Warcraft..

And now also SWTOR..

Is it not legal to be bored of the content because 1 of the previous games i played have exact same type of content, and you want to see some new stuff?..

Don't feel bad. I've been playing since day one of early access, I play about 2 hours a night (sometimes more), and I only have one character. I'm only level 39.

People wondering how that's possible? I have not skipped a single quest. I have never hit spacebar. When I come across a datacron, I've been known to spend quite a long time figuring out how to get it (I don't cheat and look them up online). As of right now, I'm on Balmorra. Since I've been doing every quest, I'm about 6 levels above the content. For awhile, I only had grey quests available to me. I've only done each flashpoint and heroic once (up to Maelstrom Prison). Early on in the game, I was doing a lot of PvP and space missions, but I've since stopped so I can slow down the flow of XP.

Anyhow, I've been having a blast and playing the game like it's an RPG (*gasp!*). Also doing a little RP here and there. :)

Edited by Fenshire

Agree for the most part.

There is loads to do. I play every single day for hours after work and i only have one level 50 char so far.

He now has all Columi / Rakata Gear. Most of his companions have lvl 51+ Gear.

Now working on their affection.

Started a few twinks i alternate and in between run Hardmodes with people so they can gear up as well.

Collected a few Datacrons but not all the ones for my main stat yet.

I will never collect all Datacrons or Codex Entries, never was into that, but i enjoy my time online with guildies / people from friendslist, just running FPs, doing some twinking etc.

I am also still missing a whole lot of epic recipes for crafting, especially ones from HM/NM OPs.

Havent done all Space Missions yet, i am only at Rank 32 in pvp, i only have one craft at max level.....

All i can say is that there is loads to do even if not doing stuff like hunting codex entries. And from time to time, just dont log on and play something else for a change.

But most of all, socialise with people, a games content rarely made me stay in any game for long. It was always the people i met along the way.

I can just see it now...

PATCH 2.1.9457

ALL NEW AND EXCITING CODEX ENTRIES ARE BEING INTRODUCED! GO BACK AND REDISCOVER OLD PLANETS AND WHY YOU LOVED THEM!!!

CODEX ENTRY : Tatooine Pwner : Sand Tribe killed 0/1,000,00

CODEX ENTRY : Hoth Destroyer : Pirate Killed 0/1,000,000

CODEX ENTRY : Drommund Kaas Ravager: Strong Jungle beasts killed 0/1,000,000

CODEX ENTRY : Balmorra Behemoth: Rebel Turrets Destroyed 0/1,000,000

CODEX ENTRY : Alderan Anihilator : Strong Level Droids killed 0/1,000,000

These are just an example of the new and exciting content our development team is working on. Along with these codex completetions comes new Titles with which to distinguish your hero from others in the exciting world of SWTOR.

Bug Fixes:

--Plants on Balmorra are now properly classified and now correctly display serrated edges on the ferns as opposed to smooth edges.

-- Items Modification tables have no been added to the back areas of Ship Quarters as well as to the docking Bays of all 8 Ship Hangars.

--XXXXX quest giver on Voss, will no longer sound like hes asking a question everytime he you enter dialogue with him

well to be honest he is right in most points, there isnt any lack of content in swtor at this point. the problem i find is the leveling is too fast, they should nerf leveling imo. This makes people think that the game doesnt have content. At release, the game has alot of content already.

For the record i played since early acess, and i dont have a single toon lvl 50. mainly because i have a few alts. And i making my time grinding the same planets as my guildies, at same time for social points sake, im already social rank 4 and im still in narr shaddaaa with one of my alts. Grouping and making planet quests with a mate its a lot of fun and more faster, if you dont like that grinding quests that take some time alone.

Content Locusts normaly are never satisfied with anything, whatever game they play anyways.

Obviously im not saying the game hasnt have issues that need to be fixed and improved, off course they need to do that, but i dont have any reason why they wont do it in the first place. Sugeston box is up there check it and leave you take on the game.

Edited by Spartanik

Well........... because it's a product I paid for and am still (for now) paying for and I want my money's worth.

Mmkay?

Saying I paid for it therefore i should enjoy it is an empty argument. I paid for it and am loving it right now. If its not worth it for you right now dont subscribe, though I dare say the scales will tip the other way for you in 6 months or so if your on the edge right now.

I agree and I am really sick of all the crybabies in this game.

The older I get the less tolerance I have for crying about a game,So I did a little experiment I acted as bilegerant as possible and bam a forum rep answered my thread.

I don't like the way the mean and biligerent players are being treated with kid gloves.

They really need a nice long ban and infractions to keep them inline.

I believe the demographics are 30 plus as the majority, but the younger 20 somethings or maybe a little younger are throwing tantrums to get thier way and bioware is catering to them. I am so sick of the instant gratification generation.

I was spanked as a child and taught respect but these kids dont seem to have any respect and seriously lacked a belt to thier butts while growing up.

Most certainly an idea from a different generation. Of course look at what that generation has given us. National debt through the roof, social security won't be there, you know I will just drop it. Basically my generation is having to clean up after yours already. Work harder so that we can pay your bills. I'm so tired of seeing them, and part of me wishes that certain generations could all be euthanized (not just older generations, the one coming up now is even worse if that's possible. It's like these damn people are determined to destroy their own world all the while blaming other people for their debts but still taking out loans).

What have I got to look forward to when I finish med school? Paying half of my income on taxes because you people wanted to continue increasing your debt but completely ignore the more intelligent things? Nooo, let's ignore renewable energy and just continue with the way things are. Oh, let's continue to put money into broken sectors and ignore situations that would provide more longterm benefits.

That's off topic, but I just can't stand certain age groups. I don't think they should ever speak. That plus I'm no where near your age but I have to start planning my retirement now because your generation has pretty much broken our entire economy. Anyway I will end my rant about that.

As for the OP, sure there are lots of things to do in the game. Of course there are going to be people that don't want to do the things you listed. There are people that devote all of their time/energy to one character. They make other characters, but mostly as a way of supporting their "main". They want to see that character grow in the Star Wars universe. For them, there isn't that much to do right now. I think some people got spoiled by how quickly Rift put out new content.

In the end your post doesn't have much use. Those people will make a choice. They will either

A) quit, and go to a game that they feel has the content they require

B) stay, and hope that BW adds more content for them

Your post will not sway them one way or the other.