I'm level 50! Now what?! I'LL TELL YOU "WHAT"!!

Danylko

People who don't want to roll Alts are kinda missing the point of this game, IMO. The big innovation of SWTOR is that it is STORY based.

Ironically, I WANT to roll alts.

I tried, and found that since 95% of the content leveling the second character is the same with the class story being the only thing that is different, leveling a second character is mind-numbingly boring.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Op: everything you said is not exclusive to level 50. It's basically all leveling content. You grind it once and then it gets boring (or even gets boring the first time because most quests are boring Kill X, Collect Y crap that wouldn't have been anything to write home about 15 years ago... not to mention in the year 2012).

So pretending that the utter lack of end-game is only because people are not continuing to grind leveling content at 50 is pretty weak.

People want END-GAME content not the same stuff they already had to do to reach level 50.

1.) Did you even finish your class quest at 50 or did you finish it before 50? If you finished it before 50, go ahead and finish up the story. Don't just stop at 50 and say "Oh great, I'm 50.. now what do I do? I don't want to keep questing". Even do the side bonus quests for each quest you have. It will help you gain Legacy XP for later on!

Finished before 50

2.) How about all the quests you have left in your quest journal? Maybe you should consider clearing them out before you say your "bored" and there is "nothing to do". Even some of the easier quests... you never know what they may offer in a reward.

Already legacy level 22

3.) Do you seriously have ALL the high end gear for end game? Probably not. How about start grinding up those high end comms to get the gear. This will surely take a while to do with PvP and Dailies.

Pretty much yeah, full BM gear, quite a bit of rakata, orange belt/bracers with lvl 58 mods

4.) How about your companions? They ALL have stories too, you know? It's almost literally impossible that you have reached 50 and did ALL your companions stories to max level affection! I'm interested in their stories too, you know!

10000/10000 with all my companions

5.) What's your social level? Mine is 1. I really would like to eventually get to IV or V but I know that's not going to happen over night... So go ahead and farm a Flashpoint with a full group or help others out on Heroics. More than likely, you are Social level III.. unless of course, you leveled with 4 different players at the same time from 12am-12am EVERY day since the game came out. There is some really cool High Level Social Gear, you know!

social levels are bugged, you currently arn't getting exp for them in hard modes

6.) What do your guildies need? Help with Flashpoints? Heroics? How about getting any level 50s in your guild and do the end game Operations together? Or even just lending a guildie a helping hand on one of their quests at later levels, so they can catch up quicker. Heck, even at earlier levels. They may take a hit on xp but they will get there sooner or later to level 50. Maybe there is even a Flashoinbt you forgot to do!

Me and my guildies already cleared everything on nightmare multiple times

7.) Did you find EVERY datacron on EVERY planet you can visit? If not, go back and do this! Lots of them are frustrating to retrieve, so it may take a couple hours out of your gameplay time to figure out the strategy to retrieve these!

got em all

8.) Space! While space isn't the best in this game, there are lots of space missions. Go ahead, and do them. You may actually find them fun to do and may get into a whole different game in SWTOR.

Already have a full upgraded ship, full pilots gear, and a few of the epic boxes from space

9.) Alts: You're bored? Did you start an alt? Go ahead and do so! There are EIGHT different stories in this game (actually, there might be sixteen different stories, depending if you go light side or dark side for each class.. I'm not even so sure myself). Get all your alts to 50, finish their stories, finish their companion's stories, have them readily available for their needs to your guildies and friends! Do this for both Republic and Empire! It will surely take you longer than that 2 weeks it took you to get "bored".

All the stories are basically derivatives of each other for the most part. While they say there are 8 different stories, they are basically do the same quests with slightly different wording. That being said I'm not an alt guy. I played WoW from day 1 and didn't get a max level alt till the end of WotLK

10.) Crew skills: If you have alts, get yourself all the various crew skills for each alt. I believe, you can do so with 6 different alts and there also looks to be some random crew skills that are not "needed" towards the main ones. Do these, and max them all out! It may cost you a few credits to do it, but it will be worth it (despite people saying crew skills are worthless now, have them maxed out for later on when they matter). Heck, you may even find yourself more interested in taking that toon towards the story.

Biochem is the only crew skill I will use on any character currently. It is the only viable crew skill.

11.) Codex: Have you discovered everything in the Codex?! Maybe it's time you go back to planets and discover all you can in the Codex. For me, personally, I would be very interested in the exploring. Finding Lore Objects, getting the beast entries, doing all the datacrons, getting whatever titles I can, etc.

Meh, full enough for me

12.) World Bosses: How about the World Bosses? Even if you decided to take them down "as you went along" with your class quests, maybe you can go back and get a group together or become part of a random group and try them again! They could possibly drop different/random rewards that you have not seen yet!

Took em down already

13.) Companion Gear: If you have all the high end gear for yourself, then great! You're already ahead of the game then! But what about your companions? I'm not even sure what use they have for end game, but I think it would be quite cool if you showed them some love and geared them up as high as possible! After all, you and your companion may have been through a lot during your class quest. They deserve that end game gear too! (please note: I am *not* suggesting that you roll "Need" on group quests for your companions)

I do roll need for companions since I don't need gear myself (I let my group know beforehand) and my 2 companions that I actually use (Nadia and Tharan) are both full columi/rakata gear

14.) Valor: Not everyone was fortunate enough to gain max level Valor during that period where people were able to farm Valor due to an Illum bug. Go out there, PvP as much as you can, get your Valor points and max it out! Do this, for each of your characters!

Got BM, rest doesn't matter for now

15.) Dailies/Weekly: Finally, but definitely not last, go and do your Dailies and Weekly missions. Do the Flashpoints, HM Flashpoints, PvP Warzones, Illum PvP Zone and Operations! Plus whatever else is offered! This alone will definitely keep you busy!

Been doing them every day. I currently have 12million credits and nothing to spend them on. I have both my main spec and my off spec rakata implants/headsets and 1 for my companion.

What would you suggest that I do?

I agree that there are stories to explore after your character reaches 50 and many things to do in terms of gear/character stat maxing, but some of them on your list are standard "boring" MMO grinding that is the result of exhausting all the existing content. I'm perfectly happy with this though. Developers can only do so much content development and players will consume it at their own pace. If you consume it rapidly, then there is an option for you. You can unsubscribe until the developers generate enough content for you to consume that it makes it worthwhile to subscribe again. There are plenty of other games out there to play. I have at least three on my shelf that have gone untouched since I started playing SWTOR. I'm sure I'll get to them after exhausting my fun with this game. I'll then return to this game if it provides enough additional content that makes it worthwhile to return.

MMOs need not be life long, or even year long subscriptions. You can consume the content, quit, then return.

People who don't want to roll Alts are kinda missing the point of this game, IMO. The big innovation of SWTOR is that it is STORY based.

If you want vicious, balls-to-wall, PvP then go play Eve. As for 'endgame' who expects a game to have masses of end-game content a couple of months after launch? Frankly I'd rather they fixed up and expanded the mid-game - the last thing I want is another game that treats all the levels before the cap as some sort of tutorial!

If the point of this game is to reroll constantly, level through the same quests, and feed into an AA system that isn't implemented yet and will provide customization options for even more new characters, then I think that's a pretty shaky foundation to build an MMO on.

I hit 50 a week ago, did almost all bonus quests, done with my class quest and got shipped to illum, for me the game lost it's fizz then, sure I could hunt codex, grind pvp, grind FP's and what not, but the drive was lost.

For me the best feature was the levling, I enjoyed it for the most part (apart from the traveling distances, I wont stop saying that when I can, cause it got tedious).

Now I shelved my Sith assassin, maxed it's proffesion and all, I did hunt some Codex but it's not enough.

I'we paid for one more month, playing a Powertech together with my wife (her first character there) and at level 20 I'm allready getting restless (the traveling time and flow of things again), heck even she is getting sick of running back and forth and back and forth.

Anyway, people play for different reasons, some enjoy the singelplayer leveling side of things, others wants to start doing instances and raids and this is where I feel it falls short, I dont want to hang out in a spacestation to find people, and I dont want to spend 50% of my time running from a to b to kill something, just to run back to get the new quest 10 yards away from the last (I know it's not _THAT_ bad, but not far off, for me).

tl;dr, MMO players are annoying. roll an alt, or cancel your subscription.

Huh? This is an MMO. Kinda like needs....um.....MMO players to be successful.

Also, if you need to roll another character because you aren't happy playing with one or if there isn't enough to do is a recipe for MMO failure. Quite a lot of MMO players didn't sign up to play The Alt Republic.

I would LOVE to roll an alt, however I feel somewhat cheated because of the "coming soon" legacy system. Rolling an alt now means I miss out on the content additions, or whatever cool stuff they decide to throw into the legacy system. That makes me sad :(

I'm not 50 yet (49) but I am definitely planning to invest some time into the topics mentioned in this post and I think anyone that has exhausted all of these options needs to A) go outside B) get a girlfriend C) find another hobby they enjoy in addition to sitting in front of a PC for ~8 hours a day D) all of the above. I mean that with no disrespect, but as a human who cares for the well being of others.

Why would anyone do old grey quests or collect all the datacrons/codex entries? Are you guys really that easy to please? Fetch boy, fetch!

Datacrons end up getting you +40 to every stat and they are a fun diversion.

+50 if you get the fleet one as well.

Edited by Drewser

I'm not bored of most of those things listed..

Most of those things are fun!

Fun = Win

However, I'm bored of loading screens... I'm bored of empty planets... I'm bored of not seeing anyone and it being difficult to get a decent group... I'm bored of wasting time by not being able to choose my PvP map... I'm bored of seeing ugly textures... I'm bored of repetitive space battles.. (Seriously the enemy ships come out of the same angle/point/vector etc practically every time regardless of map) I'm bored of not having any decent open world PvP... I'm bored of crafting because it's pointless.. I'm bored of the auction house because it's atrocious.... etc

You do not need ALL the datacrons, just the one's relevant to your class.

There is no use getting a Willpower cron on a Scoundrel.

You don't NEED any but as I said they are a fun diversion in addition to the stats you get from them.

I hate to bring this up but I am going to anyway.

Even after the CU & NGE changes to SWG the game still offered alot and granted they added extra things to do and achieve over the years (not the month or so this has been going so far.)

Four of the biggest time sinks or diversions for me were;

1. Achievement Badges

Some were cool, others sucked big time, but it did offer a nice diversion from other things or something to do whilst waiting for friends to log on to run high end content. I guess these could be likened to to SWTOR Codex system.

2. Collections

I spent hours of my time hunting different collection pieces all over the galaxy (ground & Space) to complete a collection, Some of these were just fluff, but others once completed rewarded you with a REAL gift or upgrade. Some would give a rare schematic or trophy or storage upgrade. Some were really useful. I don't know of any SWG player that did'nt want to complete the 5 House storage collections or any Shipwright that did'nt want the KSE Firespray schem from the 8 KSE fragments.

3. Heroic Jewelery

One of the VERY FEW non player craftable items in SWG. These were awesome and I loved doing them over and over, with guildies and even jumping into PUGs. The Golden Achievement box was where all of your tokens (commendations) were stored but each class had multiple sets of Heroic jewels that were useful for different scenario's in game. so you would need to farm a few of these Heroic Tokens and different jewels cost different amounts of various tokens.

ie a Necklace of Dark Fury

[4] Axkva Min Token of Heroism

[1] Mos Espa Token of Heroism

[1] Droid Factory Token of Heroism

http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Jewelry_set link to all the sets

So instead of just the same commendation badge gained from every daily you accually had to plan and think about what Heroic you needed to do according to what item you wanted to aquire.

4. Trophies

Alot of different encounters (PvE) would drop some form of Trophy loot that you could display in your house/ship etc and I suppose would just be your own private museum that if you wanted to you could show off to your friends if you were that way inclined.

I know that in SWTOR we have no form of housing or any way to decorate our ships with achievements but maybe one day in the future, who knows. Even a system that gave out different damage type mods would be ok, (like the Commando's in the Exar Kun Heroic would take 2-3 different heavy weapons with different damage types to use against the different Bosses because they had resistances to certain damage types), at this point I think that far more thought was put into the high end content of SWG than has been put into SWTOR, but it is still early days and I do hold out hope that BW & EA do something because I am quite sure they don't want a $800 kk flop.

I would LOVE to roll an alt, however I feel somewhat cheated because of the "coming soon" legacy system. Rolling an alt now means I miss out on the content additions, or whatever cool stuff they decide to throw into the legacy system. That makes me sad :(

I'm not 50 yet (49) but I am definitely planning to invest some time into the topics mentioned in this post and I think anyone that has exhausted all of these options needs to A) go outside B) get a girlfriend C) find another hobby they enjoy in addition to sitting in front of a PC for ~8 hours a day D) all of the above. I mean that with no disrespect, but as a human who cares for the well being of others.

• 1 month later...
I would love to do other things, but I am stuck on the "crystal ball" quest, can't get rid of it, and have died so many times it has cost me over 150,000 credits in stims and repair. I leave Ilum and run past quest givers all over the place and the damn "You must complete missions before you can do that" is so aggravating, but no more aggravating than having f'ing Corso Riggs step in front of a looting and saying for the thousandth time, "Captain, when you have a minute...". I can't even talk to this a**hole because of this f'ing mission. I requested to have it taken off of me but as with everything else needed in this game, it probably won't happen. And getting help with this quest is difficult where there are only 3 or 4 players on the planet. Where is everone, Diablo 3 hasn't come out yet. Tell me where they've gone so I can join them. Chasing after datacrons, I'd rather delete my character.

Some people like completing the game 100%, I don't really pursue that.

Things like all Codex entries are simply a complete waste of time to me.

I have all datacrons, I have all companions maxed out on story and affection, I got decent gear.

Completing the grey quests on some old planets? They aren't even worth the loading time, because most of them are not interesting one bit. Some side quests get really annoying at one point.

There's not really the feeling of accomplishment in the game for getting the Codex or completing all quests everywhere. I don't see the point.

How about just go outside if yer so bored, I still have plenty to do with 3 50s. Point being you guys who rush thru every lil bit of all games deserve to be bored. I remember when playing a game was about the peeps you played with. Guess WHAT plenty of people I know are still having fun.

I would love to do other things, but I am stuck on the "crystal ball" quest, can't get rid of it, and have died so many times it has cost me over 150,000 credits in stims and repair. I leave Ilum and run past quest givers all over the place and the damn "You must complete missions before you can do that" is so aggravating, but no more aggravating than having f'ing Corso Riggs step in front of a looting and saying for the thousandth time, "Captain, when you have a minute...". I can't even talk to this a**hole because of this f'ing mission. I requested to have it taken off of me but as with everything else needed in this game, it probably won't happen. And getting help with this quest is difficult where there are only 3 or 4 players on the planet. Where is everone, Diablo 3 hasn't come out yet. Tell me where they've gone so I can join them. Chasing after datacrons, I'd rather delete my character.

How...that quest was so easy to do....

I am a veteran from WoW. I played it since 2005 and have seen the death of Onyxia, Hakkar, Ragnaros, Blackwing, Prince of Karazhan, Gruul, Kel,thuzad, Lich King, Blackwing v2.0. So I am not a newbie, and this is not my first MMO.

It has been 29 days, and I have only just finished Belsavis. I am now level 49, so not too far behind the OP.

I agree that there is a lot of content, and people who speed rush to 50 in 9 days only have themselves to blame for "lack of content".

So after about a month and a half, I hit level 50 on one of my characters. Yes, it took me a month in a half. If I did not focus on other characters, I might have done it within a month but this is all with what I consider "casual" gameplay (aka, play when I have free time). When I hit 50, I was at the previous planet before the last one for my class quest and have already been diverted for a bonus series on another planet.

But after looking at this forum, I have to ask just how in the HECK are people "bored" and say there is "nothing to do" after they reach 50? There is soooo much to do, even after you hit 50. Let me give you guys some ideas:

1.) Did you even finish your class quest at 50 or did you finish it before 50? If you finished it before 50, go ahead and finish up the story. Don't just stop at 50 and say "Oh great, I'm 50.. now what do I do? I don't want to keep questing". Even do the side bonus quests for each quest you have. It will help you gain Legacy XP for later on!

2.) How about all the quests you have left in your quest journal? Maybe you should consider clearing them out before you say your "bored" and there is "nothing to do". Even some of the easier quests... you never know what they may offer in a reward.

3.) Do you seriously have ALL the high end gear for end game? Probably not. How about start grinding up those high end comms to get the gear. This will surely take a while to do with PvP and Dailies.

4.) How about your companions? They ALL have stories too, you know? It's almost literally impossible that you have reached 50 and did ALL your companions stories to max level affection! I'm interested in their stories too, you know!

5.) What's your social level? Mine is 1. I really would like to eventually get to IV or V but I know that's not going to happen over night... So go ahead and farm a Flashpoint with a full group or help others out on Heroics. More than likely, you are Social level III.. unless of course, you leveled with 4 different players at the same time from 12am-12am EVERY day since the game came out. There is some really cool High Level Social Gear, you know!

6.) What do your guildies need? Help with Flashpoints? Heroics? How about getting any level 50s in your guild and do the end game Operations together? Or even just lending a guildie a helping hand on one of their quests at later levels, so they can catch up quicker. Heck, even at earlier levels. They may take a hit on xp but they will get there sooner or later to level 50. Maybe there is even a Flashoinbt you forgot to do!

7.) Did you find EVERY datacron on EVERY planet you can visit? If not, go back and do this! Lots of them are frustrating to retrieve, so it may take a couple hours out of your gameplay time to figure out the strategy to retrieve these!

8.) Space! While space isn't the best in this game, there are lots of space missions. Go ahead, and do them. You may actually find them fun to do and may get into a whole different game in SWTOR.

9.) Alts: You're bored? Did you start an alt? Go ahead and do so! There are EIGHT different stories in this game (actually, there might be sixteen different stories, depending if you go light side or dark side for each class.. I'm not even so sure myself). Get all your alts to 50, finish their stories, finish their companion's stories, have them readily available for their needs to your guildies and friends! Do this for both Republic and Empire! It will surely take you longer than that 2 weeks it took you to get "bored".

10.) Crew skills: If you have alts, get yourself all the various crew skills for each alt. I believe, you can do so with 6 different alts and there also looks to be some random crew skills that are not "needed" towards the main ones. Do these, and max them all out! It may cost you a few credits to do it, but it will be worth it (despite people saying crew skills are worthless now, have them maxed out for later on when they matter). Heck, you may even find yourself more interested in taking that toon towards the story.

11.) Codex: Have you discovered everything in the Codex?! Maybe it's time you go back to planets and discover all you can in the Codex. For me, personally, I would be very interested in the exploring. Finding Lore Objects, getting the beast entries, doing all the datacrons, getting whatever titles I can, etc.

12.) World Bosses: How about the World Bosses? Even if you decided to take them down "as you went along" with your class quests, maybe you can go back and get a group together or become part of a random group and try them again! They could possibly drop different/random rewards that you have not seen yet!

13.) Companion Gear: If you have all the high end gear for yourself, then great! You're already ahead of the game then! But what about your companions? I'm not even sure what use they have for end game, but I think it would be quite cool if you showed them some love and geared them up as high as possible! After all, you and your companion may have been through a lot during your class quest. They deserve that end game gear too! (please note: I am *not* suggesting that you roll "Need" on group quests for your companions)

14.) Valor: Not everyone was fortunate enough to gain max level Valor during that period where people were able to farm Valor due to an Illum bug. Go out there, PvP as much as you can, get your Valor points and max it out! Do this, for each of your characters!

15.) Dailies/Weekly: Finally, but definitely not last, go and do your Dailies and Weekly missions. Do the Flashpoints, HM Flashpoints, PvP Warzones, Illum PvP Zone and Operations! Plus whatever else is offered! This alone will definitely keep you busy!

There ya have it, my guide to the 15 things you can do to cure your boredom in this game. (Waiting on forum trolls to come in with some retort now)

P.S.

If you're a DD Edition or CE, check out all the call things you can also get for end game or save up to buy yourself!

have u done this lol? i have done most and still bored