I'm level 50! Now what?! I'LL TELL YOU "WHAT"!!

Danylko

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a game where they can had just more planets or more fleet ships, seriously stop whining...

This game has a huge potentiality of expansion. Sure some bugs need to be addressed but they will be in time, give it a rest.

The game has it is has a lot to do at 50, i really don't believe that there is even 1 char out there that has done 100% of the game as it is (yes even considering the 12h no lifers).

Like many have said if what the game has is boring for you them maybe, just maybe, this game isn't for you. MMORPG is not for all players just like MMOFPS are not for everyone, find what you like and do it, STOP trying to change what other people like. is it that hard?

Some people like completing the game 100%, I don't really pursue that.

Things like all Codex entries are simply a complete waste of time to me.

I have all datacrons, I have all companions maxed out on story and affection, I got decent gear.

Completing the grey quests on some old planets? They aren't even worth the loading time, because most of them are not interesting one bit. Some side quests get really annoying at one point.

There's not really the feeling of accomplishment in the game for getting the Codex or completing all quests everywhere. I don't see the point.

*inconspicuos wave of the hand* "This is not the game you are looking for"

So after about a month and a half, I hit level 50 on one of my characters. Yes, it took me a month in a half. If I did not focus on other characters, I might have done it within a month but this is all with what I consider "casual" gameplay (aka, play when I have free time). When I hit 50, I was at the previous planet before the last one for my class quest and have already been diverted for a bonus series on another planet.

But after looking at this forum, I have to ask just how in the HECK are people "bored" and say there is "nothing to do" after they reach 50? There is soooo much to do, even after you hit 50. Let me give you guys some ideas:

1.) Did you even finish your class quest at 50 or did you finish it before 50? If you finished it before 50, go ahead and finish up the story. Don't just stop at 50 and say "Oh great, I'm 50.. now what do I do? I don't want to keep questing". Even do the side bonus quests for each quest you have. It will help you gain Legacy XP for later on!

2.) How about all the quests you have left in your quest journal? Maybe you should consider clearing them out before you say your "bored" and there is "nothing to do". Even some of the easier quests... you never know what they may offer in a reward.

3.) Do you seriously have ALL the high end gear for end game? Probably not. How about start grinding up those high end comms to get the gear. This will surely take a while to do with PvP and Dailies.

4.) How about your companions? They ALL have stories too, you know? It's almost literally impossible that you have reached 50 and did ALL your companions stories to max level affection! I'm interested in their stories too, you know!

5.) What's your social level? Mine is 1. I really would like to eventually get to IV or V but I know that's not going to happen over night... So go ahead and farm a Flashpoint with a full group or help others out on Heroics. More than likely, you are Social level III.. unless of course, you leveled with 4 different players at the same time from 12am-12am EVERY day since the game came out. There is some really cool High Level Social Gear, you know!

6.) What do your guildies need? Help with Flashpoints? Heroics? How about getting any level 50s in your guild and do the end game Operations together? Or even just lending a guildie a helping hand on one of their quests at later levels, so they can catch up quicker. Heck, even at earlier levels. They may take a hit on xp but they will get there sooner or later to level 50. Maybe there is even a Flashoinbt you forgot to do!

7.) Did you find EVERY datacron on EVERY planet you can visit? If not, go back and do this! Lots of them are frustrating to retrieve, so it may take a couple hours out of your gameplay time to figure out the strategy to retrieve these!

8.) Space! While space isn't the best in this game, there are lots of space missions. Go ahead, and do them. You may actually find them fun to do and may get into a whole different game in SWTOR.

9.) Alts: You're bored? Did you start an alt? Go ahead and do so! There are EIGHT different stories in this game (actually, there might be sixteen different stories, depending if you go light side or dark side for each class.. I'm not even so sure myself). Get all your alts to 50, finish their stories, finish their companion's stories, have them readily available for their needs to your guildies and friends! Do this for both Republic and Empire! It will surely take you longer than that 2 weeks it took you to get "bored".

10.) Crew skills: If you have alts, get yourself all the various crew skills for each alt. I believe, you can do so with 6 different alts and there also looks to be some random crew skills that are not "needed" towards the main ones. Do these, and max them all out! It may cost you a few credits to do it, but it will be worth it (despite people saying crew skills are worthless now, have them maxed out for later on when they matter). Heck, you may even find yourself more interested in taking that toon towards the story.

11.) Codex: Have you discovered everything in the Codex?! Maybe it's time you go back to planets and discover all you can in the Codex. For me, personally, I would be very interested in the exploring. Finding Lore Objects, getting the beast entries, doing all the datacrons, getting whatever titles I can, etc.

12.) World Bosses: How about the World Bosses? Even if you decided to take them down "as you went along" with your class quests, maybe you can go back and get a group together or become part of a random group and try them again! They could possibly drop different/random rewards that you have not seen yet!

13.) Companion Gear: If you have all the high end gear for yourself, then great! You're already ahead of the game then! But what about your companions? I'm not even sure what use they have for end game, but I think it would be quite cool if you showed them some love and geared them up as high as possible! After all, you and your companion may have been through a lot during your class quest. They deserve that end game gear too! (please note: I am *not* suggesting that you roll "Need" on group quests for your companions)

14.) Valor: Not everyone was fortunate enough to gain max level Valor during that period where people were able to farm Valor due to an Illum bug. Go out there, PvP as much as you can, get your Valor points and max it out! Do this, for each of your characters!

15.) Dailies/Weekly: Finally, but definitely not last, go and do your Dailies and Weekly missions. Do the Flashpoints, HM Flashpoints, PvP Warzones, Illum PvP Zone and Operations! Plus whatever else is offered! This alone will definitely keep you busy!

There ya have it, my guide to the 15 things you can do to cure your boredom in this game. (Waiting on forum trolls to come in with some retort now)

P.S.

If you're a DD Edition or CE, check out all the call things you can also get for end game or save up to buy yourself!

Except all those things you listed are boring.

People who don't want to roll Alts are kinda missing the point of this game, IMO. The big innovation of SWTOR is that it is STORY based.

And why should I pay a monthly fee for a story driven single-player game's leveling experience?

Can somebody please tell me what is so different in WoW?

Not much. That's the problem. TOR is another WoW. When I got to 50 a few days ago, I was wondering why I should do daily quests and grind FPs the same way I did in WoW?

Story-driven sounds good, but story kinda ends at 50. It's fun to play trough the story quests and the FPs once (ok, 2-3 more times if you have more classes that you're interested in). But farming them is the same as playing WoW which I got bored of. My expectiations weren't high so I won't hate the game, I didn't even wanted to buy it, I wanted to keep playing WoW but I got bored not long before TOR came out and I got interested because who doesn't like SW. But the game is kinda boring if you get to max level, exactly the same way WoW was boring.

People who rush to 50 aren't interested in any of the things you listed. THey want to be 50, grind for badges, rep, gear and whine about it to prove they did it first.

I didn't rush. I payed another month because I didn't reach 50 in one month - but isn't this funny in itself, I had to pay a monthly fee to know the end of my class quest... And I don't want to grind now either - but I have to grind daily quests and FPs...

Edited by Slopback

And why should I play a monthly fee for a story driven single-player game's leveling experience?

Well you should have done your research. It has been stated countless times and advertised to death that this is a STORY driven MMO.

Oh and I leveled up in WoW purely on my own with a couple of characters. In this game, I am given heroics and actually do them.

You have all companions maxed out?! Through all EIGHT classes? I find it hard to believe.

The general consensus of the taters is, if you like to gear up your companions you should be playing with dolls.

Not even kidding here, I mentioned how fun it was gearing up my companions and I got trolled really hard yesterday.

It has been stated countless times and advertised to death that this is a STORY driven MMO.

And what does this have to do with character levels? Btw, WoW's (and other MMO's) quest lines and instances are story-driven as well... The difference is only in VOICE ACTING, not in being story driven or not...

And what do you do after you played trough the story? You uninstall and wait for the next content patch?

Edited by Slopback

And what does this have to do with character levels? Btw, WoW's (and other MMO's) quest lines and instances are story-driven as well... The difference is only in VOICE ACTING, not in being story driven or not...

And what do you do after you played trough the story? You uninstall and wait for the next content patch?

There is not much story to WoW. Or it was presented horribly (just text quest dialogs) that I cannot tell you what the story is.

I JUST turned level 40 at 5.23 days /played on one character. Work and school picked up again so I can only play about 5 hours during the week, and more during the weekend. I plan to make all 8 characters. According to my estimates, it will take me over a year to complete the game.

He might be new, but he is right. The juvenile foaming at the mouth ******* that power through content, and expect everything to just be 2 clicks away, and have some unattainable amount of end-game content just so they can sit for 12 hours straight per day grinding away, is not the most exciting, or proper way to judge the quality of a game.

There are plenty of things to do when you hit 50, just because you choose not to embrace them, is not Bioware's fault. Did you clear all the raid content, and are in full raid gear? You can always level an alt. Heck, I cant wait to start leveling alts, you know... because its actually kind of enjoyable leveling chars in this, and not like getting your teeth pulled like in EQ, or just couldnt wait to get it out of the way like WoW. In fact, I wish I could keep leveling.. .and the story to go on.

+1000,000

Great post^

OP , good post..

i feel the need to add, that there is an actual term for the kind of people that are complaining about " nothing to do"

The internet community calls these kinds of players "CONTENT LOCUSTS"

WHY?

because it doesnt matter how much content there is, this player will strive to consume all content as fast as possible and grind his levels/valor/gear as fast as time possibly allows and then sit there "hungry" for more content to begin the cycle again.....NO game developer in the WORLD can keep these kinds of players entertained for very long, it doesnt matter if they release content on a weekly basis, these people still will behave exactly like the term they coined, like a swarm of locusts consuming everything as fast as it can because that is all they know how to do

so in short, dont worry about those kinds of players , its not a problem with the game but rather their unreachable expectations

Edited by LaVolpex

Ahh so you dont think the game must be fun at 50.

You just think we must grind until we reach 100% of the content done.

^perfect example

pray do tell dear sir, what would you exepct there to be at endgame?

raids? - there are

hard modes - there are , even a new one on the first content patch

pvp gear - there is

srsly what do you guys expect @ endgame?

500 raids and hardmodes ? heck it wont even matter cuz after one month you will be back here saying " not enough content"

read my previous post, you sir, are a content locust too

Do the daily repeatable quests to grind tokens for a week or two and you'll be sick and tired of the SAME quests EVERY SINGLE DAY.

The OP is new to being 50. They haven't gotten to the daily rut routine yet. It will get to them...

There is not much story to WoW.

Sorry, but this is just not true. Yes, it's "poorly presented" if you want to say it that way, cause it's in text. But it's there. Every area and instance has it's own story that fits into the world story, and lately there is phasing to follow the story. There is a wide-spread lore in WoW. And instances lately are even voice-acted. The difference in SWTOR is not story, but more/better voice acting.

Sorry, but I find it ridicilous to hear that WoW doesn't have a story. It's just not true. Other MMOs have their story as well. They are not just mobs thrown before the players. The difference is not the story driven gameplay, it's voice-acting. Voice acting =/= story.

Oh there is plenty to do when you JUST hit 50. Now it took me about a month to reach 50 after the game came out and that's taking two weeks off for christmas holiday and new years. Now I didn't power through content or skip cutscenes or even skip over bonus series. In fact me doing the bonus series actually made leveling faster. The fact of the matter is I loved the experience of getting to 50 so much that it flew by because I was having such a blast.

Now you reach 50 you start to realize something champion's gear is really easy to get. You can exchange transports for 15 in a matter of minutes in Illum weekly and daily done took me about 15 min. Let me go into a Warzone oh I'm fighting against non 50s? Alright let me wtfpwn with the more skills that I have received from hitting 50. Nine wins later you have 8 bags on top of an extra bag you just bought from dailies and weeklies. Now you open them, and this actually happened to me, I get 1 lightsaber and 3 pieces of champions. Oh sweet Now I can go farm WZs even faster because my gear is awesome.

Next you decide you want to do hardmodes. Oh wait you mean my champion's gear is just as great as PvE Columni Gear oh you mean other then 1 hard mode every other hard mode is bugged? Wait you only get one Tionese token from completing a hard mode and takes 39 tokens to get a single piece oh and the last bosses all drop a Columni piece so I can be geared up in Columni before I even purchase a single Tionese gear? Oh well there is always operations right? Well operations are even easier then hard modes? You mean people in just hit 50 blues and oranges can complete almost all of it in a single night? Never having been in here before?

You are starting to see a trend here where it's really easy to get gear to the point that it's not rewarding. Honestly, I've ran enough hard modes that I was starting to get Columni gear to gear my companions which takes care of the companions deal. As far as alts go that's about the only thing I do now. I get do the daily and if I'm feeling especially bleh about it I don't even do that.

There is a serious issue with effort and reward in this game meaning there really isn't any. You will get done with pretty much everything within a month even playing casual. Unfortunately, the experience of reaching 50 to playing at 50 is drastically different.

Sorry, but this is just not true. Yes, it's "poorly presented" if you want to say it that way, cause it's in text. But it's there. Every area and instance has it's own story that fits into the world story, and lately there is phasing to follow the story. There is a wide-spread lore in WoW. And instances lately are even voice-acted. The difference in SWTOR is not story, but more/better voice acting.

Sorry, but I find it ridicilous to hear that WoW doesn't have a story. It's just not true. Other MMOs have their story as well. They are not just mobs thrown before the players. The difference is not the story driven gameplay, it's voice-acting. Voice acting =/= story.

...And that has been stated that this was the games #1 focus. Story. Not bringing a story into a genre, but to present it in a way that the players will know the story.

And that has been stated that this was the games #1 focus. Story.

Yes, it is presented in a new way, with voice-acting. But that doesn't mean it has MORE story than other games. Btw, if you make a new character on the same side, you have to do the same quests (except the storyline, which has a low number of quests in itself), go trough the same areas over again. In WoW for example you can level in 4 different areas at a specific level, which means 4 totally different leveling paths. And every area has it's own story just like in TOR, although it misses voice acting. But just because you ignore WoW's storylines by not reading and pressing accept in a second, doesn't mean it's not there.

Yes, TOR's story telling is nice, but my question is, why should I pay a monthly fee for a single player CRPG's leveling experience...? I don't feel that BW wants to keep me here, that's all...

Yes, it is presented in a new way, with voice-acting. But that doesn't mean it has MORE story than other games. Btw, if you make a new character on the same side, you have to do the same quests (except the storyline, which has a low number of quests in itself), go trough the same areas over again. In WoW for example you can level in 4 different areas at a specific level, which means 4 totally different leveling paths. And every area has it's own story just like in TOR, although it misses voice acting. But just because you ignore WoW's storylines by not reading and pressing accept in a second, doesn't mean it's not there.

Yes, TOR's story telling is nice, but my question is, why should I pay a monthly fee for a single player CRPG's leveling experience...? I don't feel that BW wants to keep me here, that's all...

You also have companion storylines. I agree that another character on the same side will have a majority of the same quests, but you can create one on the other side.

Right now, I have a total of 9.31 days /played on 5 characters. That is over 220 hours. FAR more than ANY single player game I have ever played. The only one close to it is Final Fantasy X, which I had a end time of 140 hours.