I'm level 50! Now what?! I'LL TELL YOU "WHAT"!!

Danylko

1.) done

2.) done

3.) boring

4.) campanion story sucks, one of mine "loves" me and there was no "**** off" option

5.) social level is meaningless

6.) doing that, yes

7.) pointless

8.) done all space missions

9.) doing that, yes

10.) maxxed on main char

11.) exploring sucks thanks to exhaustion zones

12.) good point haven't done any "world" boss

13.) any gear is fine for what they need to do.

14.) doing that, yes

15.) yeah lets reepeat the same mission every day. That can't get boring right?

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I post almost the something in every kinda "I'm getting bored" or "SWTOR is dying" thread:

First

IMO, you have to be a Star Wars fan to be "into it". You don't have to be a "fanboy", just the content in general. I guess I'm in the minority: my last console game was Force Unleashed II and my last (and only) MMO was Star Wars Galaxies. See a trend?

Second

You have to surround yourself with "like minded" players. My guild ranges from super casual players (7 levels in 45 days!), to guys that got to 50 in like 3 weeks! For the most part the "sweet spot" is those people that like to PvE and play about 10 hours a week.

For me I will do all the things the original poster said. I want to get the lore objects. The Datacrons. All the bonus missions. I want to craft all the recipes. And after ALL that, I can start over with a completely new class or faction and do it all over again and experience a new set of characters and story. Then hopefully after I do ALL that, there will be new stories and more expansions.

Once again people are entitled to play however they want. But again its my opinion that if you driver your speeder to point A to point B, complete mission, mash the space-bar, rinse and repeat you'll be bored.

I'm sticking by my story that you have to "be into Star Wars" to like the game. For instance I can't see myself EVER playing WoW, the content just isn't interesting to me.

What have I got to look forward to when I finish med school? Paying half of my income on taxes because you people wanted to continue increasing your debt but completely ignore the more intelligent things?

Thankfully you should be able to pay those taxes, pay off the crippling student loan debt you ran up AND afford the payments on your sports car. All provided the prescription drug addiction that you'll develop during your internship doesn't kill you off before your increasing detachment from the rest of the human race turns you into a high-order functioning sociopath. Isn't generalising fun?

There are people that devote all of their time/energy to one character. They make other characters, but mostly as a way of supporting their "main". They want to see that character grow in the Star Wars universe. For them, there isn't that much to do right now. I think some people got spoiled by how quickly Rift put out new content.

Do you see where the Dev Team spent most of their time and effort? It was on the character story arcs and the supporting cutscene, writing and voice acting. Ignoring 7/8ths of that to play the game your way is a bit like shooting yourself in the foot, isn't it?

In the end your post doesn't have much use.

Neither does yours. Neither does mine. We're writing our opinions on a gaming forum. Everyone made their mind up before they made their original post.

Why would anyone do old grey quests or collect all the datacrons/codex entries? Are you guys really that easy to please? Fetch boy, fetch!

You must not be a raider or pvper? What are you doing playing this game then? Datacrons add stats to your character. It is called max/min. heard of it?

Thankfully you should be able to pay those taxes, pay off the crippling student loan debt you ran up AND afford the payments on your sports car. All provided the prescription drug addiction that you'll develop during your internship doesn't kill you off before your increasing detachment from the rest of the human race turns you into a high-order functioning sociopath. Isn't generalising fun?

O.k., we agreed not to talk about that. I will admit though I have never done it, but yes it's quite common for certain students to "sample" certain drugs. I don't hold it against them. It's kind of an unspoken rule. No, no sports car for me. That's just retarded to spend that much. I would rather invest it so that I can live comfortably after I retire. When speaking of something like an entire generation though it is going to be an generalizing statement. I never addressed that person individually, because I don't know them individually. I do unfortunately see the results of that generation though. Now if you would care to point out what I was wrong about, please do so. As for being a sociopath, I don't think I fit into that because I don't really take violent actions towards others unless provoked, and even that has to be excessive. Personal attacks don't work on me, try someone else. That's the difference in being educated, and being part of the problem.

Do you see where the Dev Team spent most of their time and effort? It was on the character story arcs and the supporting cutscene, writing and voice acting. Ignoring 7/8ths of that to play the game your way is a bit like shooting yourself in the foot, isn't it?

I don't recall saying that is how I played the game, I only pointed out how some people play the game. I would suggest reading my post before replying.

Neither does yours. Neither does mine. We're writing our opinions on a gaming forum. Everyone made their mind up before they made their original post.

I disagree. I think there are people, like myself, who read the first post before forming an opinion on it. Only the foolish would ignore the OP and reply to it. Though there are many like that on these forums.

You must not be a raider or pvper? What are you doing playing this game then? Datacrons add stats to your character. It is called max/min. heard of it?

I'm not sure if you are serious. If you are, then you should know that not all stats are the same for each character. There are certain stats that are beneficial, and if the player is a

"minmaxer" they probably collected those already.

Edited by Tenetke

I have played a lot of MMO's SWG , Guild Wars , LOTRO , Conan , DC UNiverse , Rift , Champions Online , Everquest 2 , COH, Vindictus , Dungeons and dragons online.

The problem with SWTOR isnt the fact that it isnt a good game, its the fact that so many other games are already out there that people instantly compare it to. SWTOR has only just been released but its being compared to games whose content has been around for years. I think peoples unrealistic view of a brand new game is the reason for so many negative posts on these forums. That being said i do hope the devs dont take the easy "new badges" route to appease people and that the game eventually gets a decent space game and a huge PVP zone that people can just jump in and out of (theres only so much huttball i can play). THe storyline is key too. Im loving the game but im not level 50 yet im purposely taking my time.

Edited by Alpha-Llama

Your logic is so flawless, how could i have missed all these amazing things in the game.

Oh wait, without commenting on every lame thing you wrote im going to pick two which are gamebreaking.

Crewskills, if you had played abit more you would know biochem is the only skill worth having, synthweaving will never live up to the standards of the pve or pvp gear you get. Not even close. Same goes for the other crew skills.

Alts, I shouldnt have to spend another few weeks leveling an alt just to be able to enjoy the game, every planet has the same layout, running/riding along a path, kill a few mobs and return. There is no exploring, no weird sidequests to find, its all the same.

There are things in the game which i enjoy, pvp is alot of fun and sure my sith warrior story was cool, but in the end it wasnt the mind blowing thing BW made it out to be, iv seen everything that this game has to offer somewhere else, in better graphics and with more depth.

All those things are boring though.

yes. and what is not boring ?

doing the same 4 hour grindfest twice every week to have something that could progress your gear statistics by 0.5% ? and that is, if it drops with 0.1% chance, and you have the dkp to it ?

and do this 30 times ?

that is stupid. that is absolutely, flat-out, plainly, clearly stupid. im not even saying its 'boring'. thats stupid.

they PAY people to do such stuff in workplace, and people find all kinds of ways to NOT do it.

1.) I finished my class and the main plainet quest about two hours after I hit 50.

Legacy have no current gain and untill I know what it is I see no point in working on it.

2.) I have no quests left in my quest journal.

3.) Curently miss a few rakata parts, so I guess I have something to do the two days a week we raid.

Have full champion, but is tired of the pvp in this game,

4.) Had 10k afection on mako, bliz and torian before I hit 50, the rest got there shortly after.

5.) afaik all the sosial gear is light armor and even if it was heavy would be no use to me.

6.) All active players in my guild is 50.

7.) Have all I see anny reason to get

8.) I did most space missions for the free xp while leveling, but found them rather boring.

9.) Haven't been on my 50 the last 5 days or so due to my alt, but most of the content is the same and I doubt I'll care to do more then one.

10.) Have 400 biochem on my main and is closing in on 400 biochem on my alt. If I do more then one alt they will be biochem to.

11.) that sounds like a waste of time.

12.) Killed most of them and the only usefull thing you'll get is the artifice schematic.

13.) the companions that use the same stats as me is full epic, same with mako.

14.) I don't find playing 2965 huttball matches fun.

15.) Don't need the rewards from dailys.

If I was in camp "this game is amazing at end game!" I would tell OP to stop helping.

This is exactly the stereotypical, condescending view camp "Tortanic" has on those who like the game, stop trying to help dude, there's tons of games released every year that would be more fun than doing most of what you suggest.

That seems like a little TOO much to do. Obviously if you're a completionist you might go for all them things - but most of us wont.

One thing I definitely do look foward to doing at 50 is amxing out crew skills, and getting all the datacrons. The stat boosts from all the datacrons is practically equivalent to an extra piece of gear if not more - which means you'll have an edge over other players :)

Why would anyone do old grey quests or collect all the datacrons/codex entries? Are you guys really that easy to please? Fetch boy, fetch!

Why wouldnt anyone? Its erm...a MMORPG.

Maybe they would do it for the completionist aspect? The fun? The interest in the story?

Are you really that shallow and braindead that you need everything spoon fed and pew pew, click click "Now you're uber pvp pr0"....

Some of you guys really should have stuck with COD :)

Driz

So after about a month and a half, I hit level 50 on one of my characters. Yes, it took me a month in a half. If I did not focus on other characters, I might have done it within a month but this is all with what I consider "casual" gameplay (aka, play when I have free time). When I hit 50, I was at the previous planet before the last one for my class quest and have already been diverted for a bonus series on another planet.

But after looking at this forum, I have to ask just how in the HECK are people "bored" and say there is "nothing to do" after they reach 50? There is soooo much to do, even after you hit 50. Let me give you guys some ideas:

1.) Did you even finish your class quest at 50 or did you finish it before 50? If you finished it before 50, go ahead and finish up the story. Don't just stop at 50 and say "Oh great, I'm 50.. now what do I do? I don't want to keep questing". Even do the side bonus quests for each quest you have. It will help you gain Legacy XP for later on!

2.) How about all the quests you have left in your quest journal? Maybe you should consider clearing them out before you say your "bored" and there is "nothing to do". Even some of the easier quests... you never know what they may offer in a reward.

3.) Do you seriously have ALL the high end gear for end game? Probably not. How about start grinding up those high end comms to get the gear. This will surely take a while to do with PvP and Dailies.

4.) How about your companions? They ALL have stories too, you know? It's almost literally impossible that you have reached 50 and did ALL your companions stories to max level affection! I'm interested in their stories too, you know!

5.) What's your social level? Mine is 1. I really would like to eventually get to IV or V but I know that's not going to happen over night... So go ahead and farm a Flashpoint with a full group or help others out on Heroics. More than likely, you are Social level III.. unless of course, you leveled with 4 different players at the same time from 12am-12am EVERY day since the game came out. There is some really cool High Level Social Gear, you know!

6.) What do your guildies need? Help with Flashpoints? Heroics? How about getting any level 50s in your guild and do the end game Operations together? Or even just lending a guildie a helping hand on one of their quests at later levels, so they can catch up quicker. Heck, even at earlier levels. They may take a hit on xp but they will get there sooner or later to level 50. Maybe there is even a Flashoinbt you forgot to do!

7.) Did you find EVERY datacron on EVERY planet you can visit? If not, go back and do this! Lots of them are frustrating to retrieve, so it may take a couple hours out of your gameplay time to figure out the strategy to retrieve these!

8.) Space! While space isn't the best in this game, there are lots of space missions. Go ahead, and do them. You may actually find them fun to do and may get into a whole different game in SWTOR.

9.) Alts: You're bored? Did you start an alt? Go ahead and do so! There are EIGHT different stories in this game (actually, there might be sixteen different stories, depending if you go light side or dark side for each class.. I'm not even so sure myself). Get all your alts to 50, finish their stories, finish their companion's stories, have them readily available for their needs to your guildies and friends! Do this for both Republic and Empire! It will surely take you longer than that 2 weeks it took you to get "bored".

10.) Crew skills: If you have alts, get yourself all the various crew skills for each alt. I believe, you can do so with 6 different alts and there also looks to be some random crew skills that are not "needed" towards the main ones. Do these, and max them all out! It may cost you a few credits to do it, but it will be worth it (despite people saying crew skills are worthless now, have them maxed out for later on when they matter). Heck, you may even find yourself more interested in taking that toon towards the story.

11.) Codex: Have you discovered everything in the Codex?! Maybe it's time you go back to planets and discover all you can in the Codex. For me, personally, I would be very interested in the exploring. Finding Lore Objects, getting the beast entries, doing all the datacrons, getting whatever titles I can, etc.

12.) World Bosses: How about the World Bosses? Even if you decided to take them down "as you went along" with your class quests, maybe you can go back and get a group together or become part of a random group and try them again! They could possibly drop different/random rewards that you have not seen yet!

13.) Companion Gear: If you have all the high end gear for yourself, then great! You're already ahead of the game then! But what about your companions? I'm not even sure what use they have for end game, but I think it would be quite cool if you showed them some love and geared them up as high as possible! After all, you and your companion may have been through a lot during your class quest. They deserve that end game gear too! (please note: I am *not* suggesting that you roll "Need" on group quests for your companions)

14.) Valor: Not everyone was fortunate enough to gain max level Valor during that period where people were able to farm Valor due to an Illum bug. Go out there, PvP as much as you can, get your Valor points and max it out! Do this, for each of your characters!

15.) Dailies/Weekly: Finally, but definitely not last, go and do your Dailies and Weekly missions. Do the Flashpoints, HM Flashpoints, PvP Warzones, Illum PvP Zone and Operations! Plus whatever else is offered! This alone will definitely keep you busy!

There ya have it, my guide to the 15 things you can do to cure your boredom in this game. (Waiting on forum trolls to come in with some retort now)

P.S.

If you're a DD Edition or CE, check out all the call things you can also get for end game or save up to buy yourself!

Nice post OP.

Am a little way off 50 yet but its extremely refreshing to see a "glass half full" post for a change...have fun ingame and I will definitely be trying some of your suggestions once I reach 50!

Driz

So after about a month and a half, I hit level 50 on one of my characters. Yes, it took me a month in a half. If I did not focus on other characters, I might have done it within a month but this is all with what I consider "casual" gameplay (aka, play when I have free time). When I hit 50, I was at the previous planet before the last one for my class quest and have already been diverted for a bonus series on another planet.

But after looking at this forum, I have to ask just how in the HECK are people "bored" and say there is "nothing to do" after they reach 50? There is soooo much to do, even after you hit 50. Let me give you guys some ideas:

1.) Did you even finish your class quest at 50 or did you finish it before 50? If you finished it before 50, go ahead and finish up the story. Don't just stop at 50 and say "Oh great, I'm 50.. now what do I do? I don't want to keep questing". Even do the side bonus quests for each quest you have. It will help you gain Legacy XP for later on!

2.) How about all the quests you have left in your quest journal? Maybe you should consider clearing them out before you say your "bored" and there is "nothing to do". Even some of the easier quests... you never know what they may offer in a reward.

3.) Do you seriously have ALL the high end gear for end game? Probably not. How about start grinding up those high end comms to get the gear. This will surely take a while to do with PvP and Dailies.

4.) How about your companions? They ALL have stories too, you know? It's almost literally impossible that you have reached 50 and did ALL your companions stories to max level affection! I'm interested in their stories too, you know!

5.) What's your social level? Mine is 1. I really would like to eventually get to IV or V but I know that's not going to happen over night... So go ahead and farm a Flashpoint with a full group or help others out on Heroics. More than likely, you are Social level III.. unless of course, you leveled with 4 different players at the same time from 12am-12am EVERY day since the game came out. There is some really cool High Level Social Gear, you know!

6.) What do your guildies need? Help with Flashpoints? Heroics? How about getting any level 50s in your guild and do the end game Operations together? Or even just lending a guildie a helping hand on one of their quests at later levels, so they can catch up quicker. Heck, even at earlier levels. They may take a hit on xp but they will get there sooner or later to level 50. Maybe there is even a Flashoinbt you forgot to do!

7.) Did you find EVERY datacron on EVERY planet you can visit? If not, go back and do this! Lots of them are frustrating to retrieve, so it may take a couple hours out of your gameplay time to figure out the strategy to retrieve these!

8.) Space! While space isn't the best in this game, there are lots of space missions. Go ahead, and do them. You may actually find them fun to do and may get into a whole different game in SWTOR.

9.) Alts: You're bored? Did you start an alt? Go ahead and do so! There are EIGHT different stories in this game (actually, there might be sixteen different stories, depending if you go light side or dark side for each class.. I'm not even so sure myself). Get all your alts to 50, finish their stories, finish their companion's stories, have them readily available for their needs to your guildies and friends! Do this for both Republic and Empire! It will surely take you longer than that 2 weeks it took you to get "bored".

10.) Crew skills: If you have alts, get yourself all the various crew skills for each alt. I believe, you can do so with 6 different alts and there also looks to be some random crew skills that are not "needed" towards the main ones. Do these, and max them all out! It may cost you a few credits to do it, but it will be worth it (despite people saying crew skills are worthless now, have them maxed out for later on when they matter). Heck, you may even find yourself more interested in taking that toon towards the story.

11.) Codex: Have you discovered everything in the Codex?! Maybe it's time you go back to planets and discover all you can in the Codex. For me, personally, I would be very interested in the exploring. Finding Lore Objects, getting the beast entries, doing all the datacrons, getting whatever titles I can, etc.

12.) World Bosses: How about the World Bosses? Even if you decided to take them down "as you went along" with your class quests, maybe you can go back and get a group together or become part of a random group and try them again! They could possibly drop different/random rewards that you have not seen yet!

13.) Companion Gear: If you have all the high end gear for yourself, then great! You're already ahead of the game then! But what about your companions? I'm not even sure what use they have for end game, but I think it would be quite cool if you showed them some love and geared them up as high as possible! After all, you and your companion may have been through a lot during your class quest. They deserve that end game gear too! (please note: I am *not* suggesting that you roll "Need" on group quests for your companions)

14.) Valor: Not everyone was fortunate enough to gain max level Valor during that period where people were able to farm Valor due to an Illum bug. Go out there, PvP as much as you can, get your Valor points and max it out! Do this, for each of your characters!

15.) Dailies/Weekly: Finally, but definitely not last, go and do your Dailies and Weekly missions. Do the Flashpoints, HM Flashpoints, PvP Warzones, Illum PvP Zone and Operations! Plus whatever else is offered! This alone will definitely keep you busy!

There ya have it, my guide to the 15 things you can do to cure your boredom in this game. (Waiting on forum trolls to come in with some retort now)

P.S.

If you're a DD Edition or CE, check out all the call things you can also get for end game or save up to buy yourself!

If all of those thing were presented in a fun and bugfree environment I would.

All the stuff you posted is just plain boring

THEN STOP PLAYING!

Can somebody please tell me what is so different in WoW? I did the same stuff, day after day after day for many months. It was so boring but I played with a friend so that made it much better.

Also, those of you expecting creative "never done before" end game content never read what this game is about: STORY!

Like it or do not like it, this game is based purely off of the story. End game content and PVP are low priority.

So again: If you do not like the story, hey this is just not the game for you.

But you already finished your story you might say? Did you create all 8 alts? Those other stories do not interest you you say? Then again, this might not be the game for you.

Edited by Nighthawked

the thing is, most of the things you are talking about apply also - directly - to single player RPG replayability. These make it an RPG with stuff to do 'endgame', not an mmorpg - which tend to - and should have - an entirely new 'world' unlocked after one reaches the end.

The mmo needs more endgame content. Give bioware some time. Crappy single player/leveling process with great endgame = wow. Horribly community, no cohesiveness, and it doesn't deserve to be called an mmoRPG any longer - truly - it is simply an MMOG. And I am not an RPers or a hardcore RPG fan (although I did enjoy IWD and NWN), but even original wow had more of a cohesive, immersive, fun feel even while leveling.

MMORPG with great story but no 'endgame' that leaves the game world truly open = 'fail' at 50.

But bioware will add engame content, I am sure. For a dev that creates SP games exclusively, they are quite excellent with SWTOR. Just give that a little time - and do the other stuff meanwhile.