I'm level 50! Now what?! I'LL TELL YOU "WHAT"!!

Danylko

Hmm, now that you mention it... lol... I read enough... the wall of text blinded me from it. Pardon me, I'm human :p Sorry OP, should've paid closer attention to it. My bad. Been a long day and all that.

:) No problem! I had to read twice at what you said but then saw you were corrected.

Apologize for the wall of text. I tried to seperate them every 2-3 sentences so people can read... ;)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is no where near my first MMO and i agree with the OP...

ive been level 50 for several weeks and i am in no way able to do the amount of things that are available for me to do on any particular day.

Yea ive done all the heroics and all the raids so far too but im looking forward to doing them all again. Honestly i think most people jsut put their expectations waaaaay to high for things and are let down when it turns out that this is just a game and not the second coming of christ.

I always say this about the game "People are not satisified because a lightsaber is not coming out through their screen for real and cutting stuff up around in their house. Maybe if that were to happen, they might get interested cause that's clearly what they EXPECT" LOL

But yes, so much to do. For the most part, I am able to play 4 hours a night. I work a 8-10 hour job, play ice hockey and just have a good social real life but still find time to play this game casually.Every once in a while, I can play this game for 8 hours in a day and to be honest, find it tiresome! Can't understand how some can do it 12+ hours a day!

By the way, with my level 50, I also have a level 25 and 14 level 5-10 characters! Definitely no lack of content in this game!

Thats the thing, it's the SAME THING IN OTHER GAMES.

Why do I want to run the wheel again, when I can log onto my 85 arc mage and be leaps and bounds ahead of anything I could achieve in SWTOR?

Your list entails nothing but grinding/farming - boring.

Then I suggest you go back to WoW. If you were not prepared to start over, then why even try another MMO.

I for one could care less if I see my Shaman again. I am so tired of that worn out world that the thought of doing another daily that I have run hundreds of times before brings me to tears. Level 85 of every class, 2 of some, why would I go back to that again? Been there, done it all.

At least this world is fresh, the stories are fun, and there is a ton of content on the way. I would rather play knowing that good quality new content is coming than hope that maybe Blizzard might actually get another expansion right (which after seeing the new 'talent' trees I have no hope that will happen). Have fun with your 85 mage, I will enjoy the fresh new content here. :D

1. Finished my class quest.

2. Finished all quests on Belsavis, Hoth, Korriban, Dromund Kaas, and Quesh. It gets boring grinding quests that give you a pathetic amount of credits and legacy experience. Especially since I have no idea what benefits these legacy levels will get me (i'm currently 1 little bubble from legacy level 18). Also, having to sit through 1-6 minutes of voiceover to figure out where I need to go to kill/collect/interact with X of Y gets old REALLY fast.

3. I'm well geared from a PvE standpoint. But why bother PvPing when I'm just going to get DESTROYED by all the people wearing full Champion gear. That isn't fun. I might be more inclined to PvP if I didn't always end up in Huttball too. Gearing through PvP is even more frustrating than through PvE. There's far too much RNG for a game that depends on the loot treadmill to keep people playing.

4. I actually do have all of my companions at 10k. It's not like that was hard at all. The codex tells you what kind of gifts and conversation choices they like. Also, only your first companion actually sends you on quests. The rest only do cinematic cut scenes that are surprisingly dull.

5. I'm almost to social rank 5. Maybe if BioWare would actually fix the bugs affecting social points, I'd have that maxed already too.

6. I'm not in a guild. There's no real reason to be in a guild, at least not on my server.

7. Yes, as I like playing thin characters, I've had no problems getting the datacrons. I think it took me 2 days (not focusing solely on them though) to get them all.

8. Already done all the space missions millions of times. Also, as you open new ones, they aren't really new. Just slightly harder.

9. I have multiple alts. Unfortunately, due to the EXTREMELY linear planet/level progression, I typically give up around level 30 because doing the same stuff over and over again isn't appealing.

10. My main has had her 3 crew skills maxed for a long time now. My alts aren't even max level and some of them have maxed professions. Why? Because I don't have to do ANYTHING to level professions in this game.

11. Nope, my codex is not full filled out. It's pretty darn close though. Maybe I would have bothered to fill it out entirely if it told me what I already had in each category.

12. Yep, done most of the World Bosses as well. At level 50, most of them can be killed solo or with one or two other people. As my spouse happens to play the game with me, that's what we did. One of the ones on Hoth was bugged when we tried him though (kept resetting at 20%).

13. Companions deserve end game gear, eh? I disagree. The one companion that I use is decked out. One of my companions that can dps or tank is also decked out. Don't really care about the rest. Least of all 2V-R8. If I could, I'd deactivate him.

14. Valor....I already discussed my opinion on valor.

15. Already gotten all the gear I can from dailies. I'm also sitting on a VERY comfortable amount of credits (lets just say I'm WELL over a million). There's no reason to do any more dailies.

Most people aren't really complaining about a lack of things to do. They're complaining about the lack of fun, interesting and REWARDING things to do.

Why would anyone do old grey quests or collect all the datacrons/codex entries? Are you guys really that easy to please? Fetch boy, fetch!

Yea its much better that he just stays on the boards a spews hate for a game that just came out , good for you OP you obviously did not forget like some people ^^ that games are meant to be fun , it's not your job its not your life ITS MEANT TO BE FUN , and when its not LOG OFF

1.) Did you even finish your class quest at 50 or did you finish it before 50? If you finished it before 50, go ahead and finish up the story. Don't just stop at 50 and say "Oh great, I'm 50.. now what do I do? I don't want to keep questing". Even do the side bonus quests for each quest you have. It will help you gain Legacy XP for later on!

Yes I did, it was fun. Nothing else to do but it was fun.

2.) How about all the quests you have left in your quest journal? Maybe you should consider clearing them out before you say your "bored" and there is "nothing to do". Even some of the easier quests... you never know what they may offer in a reward.

Whatever they offer by means of a reward becomes instant vendor trash at 50. So essentially this would be like shopping at the dollar store. While at first it may seem like fun it all becomes trash bag filler by the end of the night.

3.) Do you seriously have ALL the high end gear for end game? Probably not. How about start grinding up those high end comms to get the gear. This will surely take a while to do with PvP and Dailies.

Wow, that is hard...Farm PvP for a week, that's maxed out. Do all those massive 2 raids...yeah that's done. Actually, I do have all the gear.

4.) How about your companions? They ALL have stories too, you know? It's almost literally impossible that you have reached 50 and did ALL your companions stories to max level affection! I'm interested in their stories too, you know!

Who cares?!?! My companions are useless after 50. They can't even fill in effectively as an extra spot for a missing DPS anymore. If I wanted to play ME2 I would have put the disc in my PC and played it. I was thinking this was an MMO. My bad!

5.) What's your social level? Mine is 1. I really would like to eventually get to IV or V but I know that's not going to happen over night... So go ahead and farm a Flashpoint with a full group or help others out on Heroics. More than likely, you are Social level III.. unless of course, you leveled with 4 different players at the same time from 12am-12am EVERY day since the game came out. There is some really cool High Level Social Gear, you know!

Social Level? Really! Yeah well mine would be higher but nobody wants to do anything on my server except spam in trade. I am on The Fatman btw so we aren't a dead server yet. We have gone done roughly 50% since launch though. I also rolled on a PVP server not RP. Social gear is for the RP crowd and those who find it amusing. Not a game changer for raiding.

6.) What do your guildies need? Help with Flashpoints? Heroics? How about getting any level 50s in your guild and do the end game Operations together? Or even just lending a guildie a helping hand on one of their quests at later levels, so they can catch up quicker. Heck, even at earlier levels. They may take a hit on xp but they will get there sooner or later to level 50. Maybe there is even a Flashoinbt you forgot to do!

Taking a hit in XP is an understatement. However, this is somewhat valid. Unless, of course, the get bored and leave. In hindsight all that time, at that point would have been wasted. As for the guilds overall needs: We all got bored and went to the other side to try it out. Guess what, we are bored there as well.

7.) Did you find EVERY datacron on EVERY planet you can visit? If not, go back and do this! Lots of them are frustrating to retrieve, so it may take a couple hours out of your gameplay time to figure out the strategy to retrieve these!

Find Datacrons? Did you just ask me to find datacrons? I'll add that to my bucket list. It'll go right after high altitude skydiving.

8.) Space! While space isn't the best in this game, there are lots of space missions. Go ahead, and do them. You may actually find them fun to do and may get into a whole different game in SWTOR.

Space sucks at 50. Well, at least it does offer a mindless distraction. However it is scripted. FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL. It's not even random enough to be fun after you know the script.

9.) Alts: You're bored? Did you start an alt? Go ahead and do so! There are EIGHT different stories in this game (actually, there might be sixteen different stories, depending if you go light side or dark side for each class.. I'm not even so sure myself). Get all your alts to 50, finish their stories, finish their companion's stories, have them readily available for their needs to your guildies and friends! Do this for both Republic and Empire! It will surely take you longer than that 2 weeks it took you to get "bored".

Alts, really. Ok at this point I have determined that this is no longer an MMO. If my main has truly nothing to do I can always level and alt and wind up with 2 toons with nothing to do. Wait, maybe if I sink enought time into leveling alts by the time I have them all leveled up and geared they will fix all the issues...

10.) Crew skills: If you have alts, get yourself all the various crew skills for each alt. I believe, you can do so with 6 different alts and there also looks to be some random crew skills that are not "needed" towards the main ones. Do these, and max them all out! It may cost you a few credits to do it, but it will be worth it (despite people saying crew skills are worthless now, have them maxed out for later on when they matter). Heck, you may even find yourself more interested in taking that toon towards the story.

I just inhaled Mt Dew up my nose....oh that was a good one though.

11.) Codex: Have you discovered everything in the Codex?! Maybe it's time you go back to planets and discover all you can in the Codex. For me, personally, I would be very interested in the exploring. Finding Lore Objects, getting the beast entries, doing all the datacrons, getting whatever titles I can, etc.

Well I may as well just farm every achievement in the game. That sure isn't a grind. I suppose I can do this for all of my alts as well. I would e-peen about it but thee is no public armory to show my exploits.

12.) World Bosses: How about the World Bosses? Even if you decided to take them down "as you went along" with your class quests, maybe you can go back and get a group together or become part of a random group and try them again! They could possibly drop different/random rewards that you have not seen yet!

Again, at 50, pointless if you hve done the heroic stuff. I do suppose I can use them as practice dummies since they left those out of the game. Well the content is so easy we don't even need them, in all honesty. Oh wait. No combat logs. Practice dummies are pointless. Wait I know...It's in the next patch right?

13.) Companion Gear: If you have all the high end gear for yourself, then great! You're already ahead of the game then! But what about your companions? I'm not even sure what use they have for end game, but I think it would be quite cool if you showed them some love and geared them up as high as possible! After all, you and your companion may have been through a lot during your class quest. They deserve that end game gear too! (please note: I am *not* suggesting that you roll "Need" on group quests for your companions)

See earlier thread on companions. Who cares. Companions are fun at first. They get old quick and at 50 are truly dull.

14.) Valor: Not everyone was fortunate enough to gain max level Valor during that period where people were able to farm Valor due to an Illum bug. Go out there, PvP as much as you can, get your Valor points and max it out! Do this, for each of your characters!

No they were not. I give on this one..

15.) Dailies/Weekly: Finally, but definitely not last, go and do your Dailies and Weekly missions. Do the Flashpoints, HM Flashpoints, PvP Warzones, Illum PvP Zone and Operations! Plus whatever else is offered! This alone will definitely keep you busy!

Illum is a joke zone. You are right about one thing, finding the groups does keep one busy though. Why would I do these once I have the gear from the heroic ops.

There ya have it, my guide to the 15 things you can do to cure your boredom in this game. (Waiting on forum trolls to come in with some retort now)

P.S.

If you're a DD Edition or CE, check out all the call things you can also get for end game or save up to buy yourself!

Well you did give me 15 reasons why I can continue to be bored.

Are you honestly trying to tell me that, out of the gate, this is what you expected for a game that took like 4-5 years to develop? Or was it longer I can't remember.

I have fears Diablo III is going to go down this path as well....

1 & 2) I dropped the remaining Corellia quests when I hit 50. Did my class quest and there was an immediate sense of completing the game if you will, and all that was left was the typical grindy MMO bits which this game does pretty terribly.

3) Why grind out commendations when you can walk into EV normal and get everything with pretty much no effort? I had full Columi gear within a week. Rakata gear isn't a huge step up, the set bonuses are the same, and if I still cared to raid it'd be easily obtainable as well.

4) It's very possible. All my companions were maxed out on affection well before I hit 50. Even Scorpio who I didn't get until Belsavis. There are these things called gifts. I had exhausted all the conversations with Raina within 3 levels of getting her.

5) Social points were bugged for the longest time. They still may be on hard modes but I don't know, I stopped running them. Had a guildie that really wanted the Voss armor so he grinded normal BT with like 2 people. He didn't enjoy the experience and I have no desire to follow his example.

6) Considering I geared with my guildies, nothing. They stand around the fleet like everybody else.

7) Yep. Got them while leveling.

8) I've got the best ship upgrades available and I haven't done space missions since like the first week after hitting 50. There's nothing to shoot for. This isn't Star Fox. There aren't high scores or secret bonus pathes and they're not particularly hard to do anyway. Why would I, or anyone, fly through the same mine field for 8 minutes over and over again? I'd also like to point out the obvious that these are the same missions you saw while leveling up except omg ships have shields now and a class ship makes an appearance.

9) There are no major differences between LS/DS story choices. You get a mail but all outcomes are the same. Rerolling alts isn't a viable endgame model. I like my agent and having played some of the other classes the IA story is like a masterpiece in comparison.

10) All my alts have Biochem. Why would I pick up something else? There's no economy in this game. Speaking of which I spent a week killing stuff on Illum to play the reverse engineering lottery. I learned a lot of epic implants that there's no market for. I also learned some spectacular implants like one with presence and another cunning one that was loaded with shield rating. You want to know what burned me out the fastest? It was trying to care about the crafting in this game.

11) lolno

12) I've killed level appropriate world bosses in the 40-50 range. I've soloed the DK and Balmorra bosses and it's really a waste of time. These amazing rewards are low level stuff and some of it is BoP. I'm not seeing the appeal here.

13) I don't even use my companions anymore so I don't really care about their gear. Still, they're in a smattering of Columi gear and epics. It's not a huge difference on a companion and it's not really incentive for me to run HM FPs anymore.

14) Do the same 3 WZs on each of your characters! Boy, you sure know what fun is. I pvp with 1 character mostly and that's enough.

15) Definitely need the credits, right? I bought a 1.5mil mount and have made far more than that back. I have all the gear I need from dailies and there's no variation on what quests are available from day to day. Not to mention when I was doing them 1-2 dailies on Illum were constantly bugged. That ship has sailed and I'm done with dailies.

1. [...]

Most people aren't really complaining about a lack of things to do. They're complaining about the lack of fun, interesting and REWARDING things to do.

Wow... I'm speachless. Seriously. I just want to know one thing: when did you sleep? Really. I started to play dec. 13. My max. character is on lvl 47, have many alts, but the highest level of them is 21. And have only one craft on 400 not maxed out becouse I missing a lot of scematics, and have only a few discovery.

And I play every day (I did not log in on christmas and new year but I think that's acceptable :D ), around 4 hours at the evening/night. Sometime even more.

well.. I'm just leveling slow and taking my time, although I do want to get to 50 soon so I can start getting in on Raids and PvP premades with my guild.

I am just sitting here biding my time and waiting for Bioware to get on top of the bugs and release the next big content patch.

Maybe I am just being optimistic but my senses tell me they have a huge one in the works that will dazzle everyone.

Either way, even if I did hit 50 and get bored.. or even if I got bored for a moment on the way to 50, I have other games that I play to make me happy again.

I am not going to stop paying my subscription because really... $15 is a miniscule amount of money to me, and I am an avid Star Wars fan.

I really like this game and I think it has potential so I am going to stay with it. My wife works a lot and barely has time to play, and I will keep paying for her subscription as well.

I have managed to get a real life friend and all of his brothers and friends involved with the game, and another friend of mine just bought it and is about to start playing for the first time, he left WoW for it.

You know.. if I ever did get bored, there is always Battlefield 3 and Skyrim to keep me occupied until I feel like picking up the SWTOR class and leveling again.

Just sayin

1.) Did you even finish your class quest at 50 or did you finish it before 50? If you finished it before 50, go ahead and finish up the story. Don't just stop at 50 and say "Oh great, I'm 50.. now what do I do? I don't want to keep questing". Even do the side bonus quests for each quest you have. It will help you gain Legacy XP for later on!

Yes, story finished.

2.) How about all the quests you have left in your quest journal? Maybe you should consider clearing them out before you say your "bored" and there is "nothing to do". Even some of the easier quests... you never know what they may offer in a reward.

Yes, every single quest, including all group quests, space missions and leveling flashpoints.

3.) Do you seriously have ALL the high end gear for end game? Probably not. How about start grinding up those high end comms to get the gear. This will surely take a while to do with PvP and Dailies.

Yes, all the relevant T3 gear for 2 specs.

4.) How about your companions? They ALL have stories too, you know? It's almost literally impossible that you have reached 50 and did ALL your companions stories to max level affection! I'm interested in their stories too, you know!

No, did 2. They were boring and uninspired. Didn't bother with the rest.

5.) What's your social level? Mine is 1. I really would like to eventually get to IV or V but I know that's not going to happen over night... So go ahead and farm a Flashpoint with a full group or help others out on Heroics. More than likely, you are Social level III.. unless of course, you leveled with 4 different players at the same time from 12am-12am EVERY day since the game came out. There is some really cool High Level Social Gear, you know!

Was 5 when I hit 50, since I leveled in a group all the way. Got up to 7 or something by the time I stopped bothering.

6.) What do your guildies need? Help with Flashpoints? Heroics? How about getting any level 50s in your guild and do the end game Operations together? Or even just lending a guildie a helping hand on one of their quests at later levels, so they can catch up quicker. Heck, even at earlier levels. They may take a hit on xp but they will get there sooner or later to level 50. Maybe there is even a Flashoinbt you forgot to do!

My guildies are in the same boat as me. They need a game that has something to keep them busy.

7.) Did you find EVERY datacron on EVERY planet you can visit? If not, go back and do this! Lots of them are frustrating to retrieve, so it may take a couple hours out of your gameplay time to figure out the strategy to retrieve these!

Yes, picked everything as I was leveling. Even the bugged ones for my BT3 char.

8.) Space! While space isn't the best in this game, there are lots of space missions. Go ahead, and do them. You may actually find them fun to do and may get into a whole different game in SWTOR.

Yes, did every single one of them every day, even the gray ones, up until level 45. Then got bored and only did the ones that gave xp every day. Then I got a useless item for my commendations that I vendored and never touched them again.

9.) Alts: You're bored? Did you start an alt? Go ahead and do so! There are EIGHT different stories in this game (actually, there might be sixteen different stories, depending if you go light side or dark side for each class.. I'm not even so sure myself). Get all your alts to 50, finish their stories, finish their companion's stories, have them readily available for their needs to your guildies and friends! Do this for both Republic and Empire! It will surely take you longer than that 2 weeks it took you to get "bored".

Yes, started 3 different alts. One of them I even managed to get up to lvl45 before I gave up. There's only so many times you can spacebar through the same sidequests before your brain melts.

10.) Crew skills: If you have alts, get yourself all the various crew skills for each alt. I believe, you can do so with 6 different alts and there also looks to be some random crew skills that are not "needed" towards the main ones. Do these, and max them all out! It may cost you a few credits to do it, but it will be worth it (despite people saying crew skills are worthless now, have them maxed out for later on when they matter). Heck, you may even find yourself more interested in taking that toon towards the story.

No, there is no point whatsoever having anything other than Biochem. I do have maxed biochem on 2 different chars however.

11.) Codex: Have you discovered everything in the Codex?! Maybe it's time you go back to planets and discover all you can in the Codex. For me, personally, I would be very interested in the exploring. Finding Lore Objects, getting the beast entries, doing all the datacrons, getting whatever titles I can, etc.

No. Tried to, until I realized that more than half the entries are bugged. Got most of the working ones.

12.) World Bosses: How about the World Bosses? Even if you decided to take them down "as you went along" with your class quests, maybe you can go back and get a group together or become part of a random group and try them again! They could possibly drop different/random rewards that you have not seen yet!

They're pointless. Did a couple while leveling, soloed a couple more at 50. Then I decided I couldn't be bothered.

13.) Companion Gear: If you have all the high end gear for yourself, then great! You're already ahead of the game then! But what about your companions? I'm not even sure what use they have for end game, but I think it would be quite cool if you showed them some love and geared them up as high as possible! After all, you and your companion may have been through a lot during your class quest. They deserve that end game gear too! (please note: I am *not* suggesting that you roll "Need" on group quests for your companions)

The companions I use wear full T2 or better.

14.) Valor: Not everyone was fortunate enough to gain max level Valor during that period where people were able to farm Valor due to an Illum bug. Go out there, PvP as much as you can, get your Valor points and max it out! Do this, for each of your characters!

I don't pvp.

15.) Dailies/Weekly: Finally, but definitely not last, go and do your Dailies and Weekly missions. Do the Flashpoints, HM Flashpoints, PvP Warzones, Illum PvP Zone and Operations! Plus whatever else is offered! This alone will definitely keep you busy!

Did them for about 10 days until I had enough commendations to buy the items I needed. There's no point to keep doing them after that.

All this I did within a month of release. I haven't touched the game for the past 2 weeks. I played a lot. Definitely not more than I'd be playing any other game however. If you think I should be playing less to make the game more enjoyable, keep it to yourself.

It took me a bit over 2 weeks to get to 50 *relatively* casually, while leveling exclusively in a group with a friend, never skipping a single line of dialog and doing every quest in the game, every flashpoint in the game, picking every datacron, fully exploring every map and what not.

Then it took me another 2 weeks to do all the PvE content that exists in endgame and get every reward I could use from it in the process. While leveling alts in the meanwhile.

And in case you're wondering, I was playing 6-8 hours per day for the first 10 days or so and then 3-4 hours for the rest of the first month. This is the time it took to do all this. You could be playing half this amount of time and be halfway the process right now. It wouldn't change a thing.

Yes I did, it was fun. Nothing else to do but it was fun.

Fun is a buzzword, everyone knows that.

Whatever they offer by means of a reward becomes instant vendor trash at 50. So essentially this would be like shopping at the dollar store. While at first it may seem like fun it all becomes trash bag filler by the end of the night.

Obviously. Loot is not the only reason for questing. THis is a story driven MMO, I highly reccomend flashpoints, world arcs, and heroics. They have exceptional stories and its not likely youve completed all of them. And theres always HM FPs.

Wow, that is hard...Farm PvP for a week, that's maxed out. Do all those massive 2 raids...yeah that's done. Actually, I do have all the gear.

Unlikely, but who cares. The only grind in the game and its honestly not that important.

Who cares?!?! My companions are useless after 50. They can't even fill in effectively as an extra spot for a missing DPS anymore. If I wanted to play ME2 I would have put the disc in my PC and played it. I was thinking this was an MMO. My bad!

Again, story. Get 10k affection and you can go through all their dialogue. This is a story driven MMO. Dont ignore the story and call it an empty game.

Social Level? Really! Yeah well mine would be higher but nobody wants to do anything on my server except spam in trade. I am on The Fatman btw so we aren't a dead server yet. We have gone done roughly 50% since launch though. I also rolled on a PVP server not RP. Social gear is for the RP crowd and those who find it amusing. Not a game changer for raiding.

Agreed.

Taking a hit in XP is an understatement. However, this is somewhat valid. Unless, of course, the get bored and leave. In hindsight all that time, at that point would have been wasted. As for the guilds overall needs: We all got bored and went to the other side to try it out. Guess what, we are bored there as well.

Find Datacrons? Did you just ask me to find datacrons? I'll add that to my bucket list. It'll go right after high altitude skydiving.

An interesting thing to say. Regardless, I find datacron hunting to be a pleasent break from the questing, and enjoy it quite a bit. It will give you important lore background in the form of codex entries, valuable stat bonuses that will add up to roughly 30-40 to all your skills, and the shards can be used to form a powerful relic boosting your stats even further.

Space sucks at 50. Well, at least it does offer a mindless distraction. However it is scripted. FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL. It's not even random enough to be fun after you know the script.

All content in all games is a mindless distraction. Regardless, I wouldnt recomend farming them. Sounds boring, and the devs would say the same.

Alts, really. Ok at this point I have determined that this is no longer an MMO. If my main has truly nothing to do I can always level and alt and wind up with 2 toons with nothing to do. Wait, maybe if I sink enought time into leveling alts by the time I have them all leveled up and geared they will fix all the issues...

See my earlier post on page 2 for a response to this. Please.

I just inhaled Mt Dew up my nose....oh that was a good one though.

Well I may as well just farm every achievement in the game. That sure isn't a grind. I suppose I can do this for all of my alts as well. I would e-peen about it but thee is no public armory to show my exploits.

Sure.

Again, at 50, pointless if you hve done the heroic stuff. I do suppose I can use them as practice dummies since they left those out of the game. Well the content is so easy we don't even need them, in all honesty. Oh wait. No combat logs. Practice dummies are pointless. Wait I know...It's in the next patch right?

See earlier thread on companions. Who cares. Companions are fun at first. They get old quick and at 50 are truly dull.

There are a total of 40 unique companions, each with unique sidequests and dozens of hours of dialogue amounting to more than the entire star wars saga (roughly 400 unique conversations).

No they were not. I give on this one..

Illum is a joke zone. You are right about one thing, finding the groups does keep one busy though. Why would I do these once I have the gear from the heroic ops.

Well you did give me 15 reasons why I can continue to be bored.

Are you honestly trying to tell me that, out of the gate, this is what you expected for a game that took like 4-5 years to develop? Or was it longer I can't remember.

I have fears Diablo III is going to go down this path as well....

Ill go ahead and say your playing the wrong game. I hate to say it.

Disapointment is derived from expectation meeting reality and I am sorry to say that there was wwwaaaayyyy tooo many wild and crazy expectations from this game when from day 1 they were honest with what they were presenting, and stayed consistent as a developer (i.e., this game is very similar to other Bioware games, your a fool to think it would have been much different from others).

Edited by Lord_of_Stone

Wow... I'm speachless. Seriously. I just want to know one thing: when did you sleep? Really. I started to play dec. 13. My max. character is on lvl 47, have many alts, but the highest level of them is 21. And have only one craft on 400 not maxed out becouse I missing a lot of scematics, and have only a few discovery.

And I play every day (I did not log in on christmas and new year but I think that's acceptable :D ), around 4 hours at the evening/night. Sometime even more.

You know the funny part. I really didn't play much at all. I don't log on at all from 7-1530 due to work. Again, due to work, I'm off the computer every night by 2300 at the latest (weekends I might be on a bit later). I have a daughter that I enjoy doing things with and she's still young enough to enjoy doing things with me. I cook dinner nearly every night and also enjoy baking. I spend time with my spouse doing things like watching movies (watched 50/50 the other night - I definitely suggest it - not as funny as I anticipated) and TV shows (we watch Spartacus, Glee, Once Upon a Time, Forensic Files, New Girl and just about anything on the Science Channel). We go to concerts regularly (the City and Colour concert on the 17th was absolutely AMAZING) and enjoy a 'date night' (goodness I feel old saying that). We even took about a week off around the holidays to travel and spend time with friends and family. There were/are also many MANY days that I don't log on simply because there was/is no real reason to.

Yup, I'ma Darth

Yup, wanted them gone.

Working my way up in the raids, overall fully Columbi geared and Rataka isn't that big of an upgrade(so much accuracy....)

Not a fan of MMOPvP, have to be in the mood for it.

Three done two to go, kind of getting "meh" as only one of the three even had any quests off my ship.

Broken in flashpoints, 90% of the daily groups I do drop group before they turn in.

Made all the sorc in my guild(lots of them) a mastercraft earing. Building up mats for the next one.

Did all of the flash points

Yup, got to down that MGGS boss at the green shard. Took a few wipes.

It's a great system, what do you mean not the best. But it's so easy. They could at least add difficult bonus missions to all of them to make them all viable, even at 50.

Game isn't old enough for me to need to make alts. There should be enough content to keep me going at the start of a game to keep that from being needed. Some people enjoy it more than myself and may say otherwise.

Reverse Engineering is poorly put in. But yes, I have worked this up. Any more effort and I just might swap to biochem.

I played that game in Warcraft. No thanks.

Did a few, nothing special honestly. Even on a PvP server.

One I use (Quinn as it's almost needed) is geared. Two female ones are in slave outfits for giggles and the other two are slowly being geared from extra crap I get from FP's

Not a fan of MMOPvP

Yup, do most of them. Been skipping most lately though.

You made of list of the stuff to do in the game. Not stuff to do when you're bored. After 50 levels of questing people don't want to keep doing quests. People want end game content. Not just another quest.

There's a whole war going on. I really don't feel it though.

Um, datacrons boost your stats?

The boosts to stats the datacrons give do little for the average player, the datacrons are for hardcore players and completionists. All content can easily be facerolled without them.

all the stuff you said is nice when you hit 50 for first time, but it gets boring do the same thing over and over. social grinding is not fun, gearing up your companion doesn't take long, i have most of the craft, i would work on others but meh. i dont really have complaints over the game yet except with customer service. the pvp isnt as bad either, i mean it gets boring as well but, ive seen worst. they did promise us they was going to improve the pvp, with the new pvp zone and stuff, problem is i bet you 100% when they release those new patches lol, it will be broken lol

So after about a month and a half, I hit level 50 on one of my characters. Yes, it took me a month in a half. If I did not focus on other characters, I might have done it within a month but this is all with what I consider "casual" gameplay (aka, play when I have free time). When I hit 50, I was at the previous planet before the last one for my class quest and have already been diverted for a bonus series on another planet.

But after looking at this forum, I have to ask just how in the HECK are people "bored" and say there is "nothing to do" after they reach 50? There is soooo much to do, even after you hit 50. Let me give you guys some ideas:

There ya have it, my guide to the 15 things you can do to cure your boredom in this game. (Waiting on forum trolls to come in with some retort now)

P.S.

If you're a DD Edition or CE, check out all the call things you can also get for end game or save up to buy yourself!

1. Yes I did. I finished my class quest shortly after hitting 50. Took me about 2 hours.

2. Why would I? Considering that there is no XP > Credits conversion, I will be just wasting time doing generic MMO quests with crappy greens as rewards.

3. I would, except for non-existent LFG system, that means that I can never find groups for FPs. Dailies take about 30-40 minutes max.

4. I have not seen a single companion story yet that was remotely interesting in any way, shape or form.

5. Please tell me how to do it short of grinding lvl 10 Esseless with 3 other people over and over again?

6. Yeah, that's an option, and I try to do that as often as I can, but the travel system in this game makes helping friends really painful.

7. I found all the datacrons that benefit my class. Kinda pointless getting STR as a sage.

8. I've done all the space missions in the game. It is reasonably enjoyable, unfortunately there is only ONE mission that is worth doing at 50. I've been doing it every day for the last 2 weeks. It takes 7.5 minutes.

9. Already doing that.

10. They are easy enough to level later, when they are actually needed.

11. Considering that Codex is bugged and missing a lot of entries, this is kinda pointless.

12. Will do that when more guildies get to 50.

13. Why would I do that if they are still useless even in BIS gear?

14. What is the point if you can't really get any gear reliably? It is all a massive RNG.

15. No LFG. See point 3.

People who don't want to roll Alts are kinda missing the point of this game, IMO. The big innovation of SWTOR is that it is STORY based.

If you want vicious, balls-to-wall, PvP then go play Eve. As for 'endgame' who expects a game to have masses of end-game content a couple of months after launch? Frankly I'd rather they fixed up and expanded the mid-game - the last thing I want is another game that treats all the levels before the cap as some sort of tutorial!

Maybe we should count the times we go to the bathroom for lvl 50 content :D, since he talks about social points and codex...honestly who needs this anyway.

Most what he writes have people already expirienced BEFORE lvl 50 !

Edited by BobaFurz