HORRIBLE AA implamentation.

GuillimanT

I know what AA does. It simply isn't working. As someone above me mentioned I have to force it through my graphics card settings for it to work.

I have an AMD 6970 card. Anyone else running on AMD/ATI and having issue with it not working at all?

Same issue. I have a ATI 6950 (flashed to a 6970) and it is not working for me either. It seem that we are going to just have to force it for now.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny I click it and nothing happens, I have to force it through my video card to get it to work still, GG bioware.

The forcing and INI tweaks are likely whats killing your frame rate.

Try turning it on with a clean INI and no driver tweaks.

You people are dense. The reason they removed the AA was because it put unnecessary strain on peoples machines.

You got your wish now, you don't have the right to whine.

The point is, it shouldn't put a strain on mid range machines, let alone higher end ones (note, not all are suffering from this). It shows amateurish skills and/or underpaid/staffed development teams.

Your comment is like saying that new Mercedes sports car can only go 50miles an hour because "they reduced the max speed so the engine doesn't overheat". It shouldn't happen in the first place!!

I'm so confused, lol.

Is it working or not darnit?!?!

Honestly please, no more torch and pitchforks.

please.

It works for me.

The point is, it shouldn't put a strain on mid range machines, let alone higher end ones (note, not all are suffering from this). It shows amateurish skills and/or underpaid/staffed development teams.

Your comment is like saying that new Mercedes sports car can only go 50miles an hour because "they reduced the max speed so the engine doesn't overheat". It shouldn't happen in the first place!!

Uhm, yes it should. Especially on mid range machines.

What you say makes no sense.

Edited by Hanni

Has nobody noticed that when you mouse over it that the game says it's not even implemented? :confused:

That's just a display error, it is definitely working (of course if you are forcing it through editing the text files or through your video card utility you won't notice a difference.)

Just launched the game with the new patch and doesn't surprise me at all that the AA they implemented now officially is the same we allways had by editing the .ini settings file, which is a very bad AA, not performance wise, at least for me since everything runs the same as it did before this patch, but the quality is subpar compared to proper AA forced by our graphics card driver or any software capable of forcing AA in games.

You can check this by being in the fleet and looking at the windows where you can see the exterior/space, and check those windows borders, very aliased. Character models and other structures seem to have AA applied but some other things do not.

Also, the low setting does nothing, just switches AA off completely if my eyes serve me well, i don't know but i can't notice any visual of performance impact from none to low, and high seems like a bad 2x AA at most, considering you can still see jaggies in some places as i mentioned.

Edited by BanzaiChigau

I'm actually starting to think that I'm playing some other game 0_o Before the patch I had about 80 fps in closed spaces now I get over 100. I tried Belsavis and there's about a 10-15 fps increase as well - now it doesn't fall bellow 60. In the imperial fleet I'm getting about 30 fps but that's about the same as before. And the AA actually looks better than when I had it manually enabled from the .ini. Didn't have time to check anything else but so far the patch looks awesome.

Wait, so....the players *****ed and *****ed about how th egame has no AA feature, and so BioWare decided that they should put it in as soon as possible (because from what I've seen on the "We want this" threads over the past month, AA has been in basically every one of them).

And now that BioWare did a rush job to put it in, the players are surprised that it's not perfect?

Seriously? The only people to blame for the poor implimentation of things in the game are the players who wanted it the day before yesterday and caused the Devs to rush it.

They set a date for this patch and said AA would be there. They told us the timeframe, not us telling them. If they couldn't implement it within the time frame all they would have had to do is tell us. That's the problem there not, there trying to sweep these things under the rug and hope the majority of players don't realize it. It's a tactic to calm and mitigate un-subs and its being done maliciously....................

Edited by LexonLightsaber

Please keep in mind that this game is still very new for an MMO, and it is quite a large one in terms of programming and art/design content. BioWare is also using a game engine that they did not personally create. They are doing a fantastic job with this game when you consider all of the factors involved in its development and the fact that this is their first MMORPG. Also keep in mind that GPU capability and settings, and the refresh rates and resolution of monitors are factors when it comes to v-sync and AA. These kinds of things can, and often do, behave differently with different computer products and settings. BioWare will do their best to have AA working for as many people as possible as soon as they can. Since something like this would fall low on the priority list, don't expect it to be fully-functional for a couple more months at the least. If you think there is something wrong, report it as a bug.

So not only are you not aware that AA always significantly reduces performance in every single game ever, but you think it's somehow their fault?

Also, your hardware was outdated 2 years ago.

Yet I can play crysis maxed out. AA on this game takes far too much processing power. It's clearly the ways they used to get AA are horrible at best. Whether it's an engine issue or other issue is their task to figure out.

Edited by GuillimanT

Yet I can play crysis maxed out. AA on this game takes far too much processing power. It's clearly the ways they used to get AA are horrible at best. Whether it's an engine issue or other issue is their task to figure out.

No. Different games, different genres.

Works differently, makes use of your hardware differently.

Compare it to another recent MMO, not Crysis or Battlefield 3 which are FPS games.

You people are dense. The reason they removed the AA was because it put unnecessary strain on peoples machines.

Yeah, he's right. This is only 2002 and AA is still a relatively new feature...oh wait. What? Its 2012? Where is my optimized AA? Chalk up another failure to the Hero engine and Biowares faildevs not understanding it.

Edited by RossaK

You can play a game from 2007 maxed out? Incredible...

AA off sit at 50-60% CPU usage, force AA on go down to 30% CPU usage. the ****!?

Bioware how about you optimize this single-threaded *** dumpster called an engine be for failing to release AA, the fact that I still have to force it through CCC is a joke games in 2002 have better graphics options then this joke of a game.

Please keep in mind that this game is still very new for an MMO, and it is quite a large one in terms of programming and art/design content. BioWare is also using a game engine that they did not personally create. They are doing a fantastic job with this game when you consider all of the factors involved in its development and the fact that this is their first MMORPG. Also keep in mind that GPU capability and settings, and the refresh rates and resolution of monitors are factors when it comes to v-sync and AA. These kinds of things can, and often do, behave differently with different computer products and settings. BioWare will do their best to have AA working for as many people as possible as soon as they can. Since something like this would fall low on the priority list, don't expect it to be fully-functional for a couple more months at the least. If you think there is something wrong, report it as a bug.

That's all fine and dandy, and that was acceptable to say weeks ago.

The bottom line is they released a unfinished game. They had bugs in the BH class story, AA wasn't working, and numerous other bugs weren't fixed. They could have held off release for another six months, but whoever decides when it's gonna be released got greedy.

About the engine...... THEY CHOSE A HORRID ENGINE. Yeah, they didn't create their own, they used a sucky engine. That isn't our faults, that's theirs. We can complain all we want. When we're paying money to play something that was presented as "complete and ready for release" and it wasn't, you better believe I'm gonna complain till I'm blue in the face.

Crysis is not a MMO.