HORRIBLE AA implamentation.

GuillimanT

The human eye cannot register anything over 24 fps, so 25 and 90 look the same that is a fact.

Graphics do not run at a constant frame rate and some times dip below the mark and this is then picked up by the human eye.

I think TVs run at 24 or 25 and are constant, you dont see any fps issue there..

Why do people believe still think this is fact?

There I win.

http://www.boallen.com/fps-compare.html

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am having a lot of problems as well; I do not play PVP anymore because it's no fun. I too, will not continue paying for a game month after month if I can not experience good, solid, PVP. I pay sixty bucks for the game, then 15 bucks a month, for broken PVP, lackluster graphics, and average combat.:mad:

Hi folks,

Just in case you missed it, we added the following to the Known Issues thread earlier today:

• Anti-aliasing is currently disabled for ATI 6900 series graphics cards.

• Holograms will disappear during conversations if players modify their preferences to turn off bloom while anti-aliasing is on.

To give you all some more insight, the ATI issue is due to a severe graphical glitch and we are in discussions with ATI to resolve this. Thank you for your patience.

Im using an ati 5850 card. AA is not working for me and i somtimes am getting HUGE green light walls in towns.

I know it says 6900 series but could it be other ati cards such as mine also? thanks!

Im using an ati 5850 card. AA is not working for me and i somtimes am getting HUGE green light walls in towns.

I know it says 6900 series but could it be other ati cards such as mine also? thanks!

I have a 5970 and also can not use the new AA. So it looks like AA if off for all ATI cards just not the 6800.

I wonder if the AA problem from beta was back. I beta for ATI card AA worked unless you used crossfire then it would flicker.

To the OP since I have ATI will test AA on highest setting out of game. See if also can report the issue you are seeing.

Did as promised:

High which think is 16x AA get 78 FPS

Low which think is 4x AA get 89 FPS

AA off get 97 FPS

That is with an ATI 5970 2 GB in crossfire, i7 930, 6 GB system memory. When Bioware turns AA on for ATI hope to keep them same results. Also using default AA filter Box not tested with Edge Detection.

Edited by Romiz

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else running an HD 6xxx series with Adaptive Supersampling not working properly?

When I force this through catalyst the hairlines and stuff arent Anti aliased at all, and look even worse with white pixels around the hairlines. Or am I the only one? Different drivers have no effect at all.

• 2 weeks later...

AHHHHHHHH! This is driving me nuts!

For the life of me I can not get AA to work as before.

I've been playing for the past couple of months and can't recall this looking so bad.

The overrides are not working and setting AA on or off in game has no effect.

The "old" method to override AA was via the Client_Settings.ini.

Now that setting appears to be useless.

AntiAliasingLevel is being set to 1 for High, and 0 for Low and Off.

Bumping up the number has no effect.

This is with all of my Nvidia gear (GTX560 TI, GTX570HD, GTX580) and as we know the 69xx AMD cards are blacklisted at the moment which is the only AMD card I have (R6950).

The end result are hair-line aliasing on everything that is especially noticeable during movement and detail on distance objects.

Up close on my character you see fine aliasing along all edges of the gear and facial features.

Moving around Dromand Kaas city or fleet is painful on the eyes and annoying as heck.

Interactive conversations and especially Holo communications are aliasing like crazy.

Setting overrides via Nvidia Control Panel or Nvidia Inspector do not appear to make any difference.

I've reloaded the box from scratch and tried the drivers I was using at launch through the last Feb 22 Nvidia release.

Is the ultra fine aliasing to do with textures??

Edited by Only-a-Lad