I think patch 1.1 is going to force me out :(

oursacrifice

You most definetely are doing something wrong, dude. If you start out on your speeder at the Empire base and drive all the way through each 3 Walker fields and destory them all - that's 3 points right there to the 5 needed for the Daily. If by chance when you get to the AA guns they are down you could just wait for about 5-10 minutes and they'll -usually- respwan on their own if no one repairs them. If not, then just speeder on back through the walker fields and wait for them to respawn. I think they're on a respawn timer for anywhere between 5-15 minutes, but you only need 2 of them to finish the daily by that point. If you really have nothing else to do then you -could- stick around for about 30min-1hour and keep repeating that process to finish up the weekly.

they don't auto spawn anywhere near that time. you are just having a false perception based upon your own experience.

in a very heavy sith server (like most are), the field will be imp controlled most of the time, and you have to wait for a republic player to turn them before you can recap.

i've stood around for 50 minutes while watching TV on the other monitor, and not having it flip.

i've been told they're suppose to be on a 1 hour respawn though, but i'm pretty sure that's if and ONLY if no other points get flipped during that time.

so if you're at the south point, and someone flips a base at the north at 59 minutes in, you're SOL.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about this, complain about it after it becomes a problem. Don't complain about it assuming it will become a problem.

Please do not bring such rational thinking to the forums. I would much rather hear people complain about predictions of things yet to come.

I say good day sir.

How do you know?

The guy who did it first was playing the game continuously from release. You can get there in less time without that time all being contiguous. Right?

It does make it unlikely however. Although the OP could likely care less about hat argument and wishes he'd never brought it up :D

Congrats on the 50. :)

Your server isn't 'dead' by any means, but it's a lower population server than some others. The good news is, the population is growing daily as more people buy the game and get online (we can see the growth). However, you're right in that the number of level 50 players is going to be small and won't increase dramatically in a short period of time.

Cross-server queuing for PvP is something that the development team wants to happen, but it's not going to be available in the near future. In the interim, you might want to try re-rolling a new character, either on your own server or another server (perhaps a PvP server?). On your own server, you'll be able to PvP all the way from L10 to L49 without any issue, and by the time you get close to the cap you can see how the L50 Warzone 'scene' is. On another server - especially a PvP server - you may find a more PvP-centric community.

No No No. Cross server PvP kills communities. WHY cant you guys learn from the mistakes that WoW has made. No server forums. Thats a mistake. Cross server PvP. Thats a mistake. Serisouly Im a fanboy of this game but you guys cannot get out of your own way with some of this stuff.

either they will make WZs cross-server, or they will merge dead servers. and god knows there are a few right now and LOTS to come in 10 days...

considering how allergic to bad PR BioWare is, I'd say they will go for the cross-server queues...

Yeah, LOTS of server merges. Which ones that are marked "HEAVY" and "Standard" during prime time do you want to merge first?

:rolleyes:

I like the game for the most part. I see its potential and also wish certain things were implemented at launch instead of some point down the road.

But all I really do is pvp. Sadly, I'm on a dead server (Nathema). Patch 1.1 is going to have all level 50's in their own pvp queue. There's only a couple level 50's on the server that actually pvp. That means without a cross-server pvp queue I and other level 50's will NOT be able to pvp anymore.

:(

Seriously guys, I'm totally bummed out over this.

It's bad enough that I cannot do any of the Ilum war dailies because the Republic never goes there to cap the bases back. Now I won't even be able to pvp in warzones...

You're going to leave me here to defend the Empire by myself??!?!?

Thanks a lot... :mad:

Thats a bit unfair don't you think. I mean, blaming a guy for being level 50 like as if he did it just to screw with you is silly. If a game is unbalanced its not the players fault and short sighted bandaid fixes like this do very little to bring the community together.

I think Bioware can do better than this.

the fact that there was no level brackets is what is stopping some people from wasting time with pvp, rolling lowbies gets old.

To the OP and everyone else thinking of quitting because of PvP:

Why did you purchase this game? Did you not know that this game is faction based PvP meaning that the two sides will always be separate and not equal in strength?

It is one of the pitfalls of making a faction based PvP system. They are almost impossible to balance from a numbers standpoint. Huttball is actually a crazy good idea, but if you don't like the format, it is understandable that you had to at least try the game out first to see how you felt about it.

OP: try rolling on a different server. It is January 10th. This game launched on December 20th. Is that really such a long time to get another character to level 50? Heck, you could skip all the conversation screens and roll on a PvP server that has a lot of people on it. At this point you could make a thread asking people which server seems to be the most lively, or balanced, or full and I am sure you would get a lot of responses.

I really don't understand why they don't allow people to roll max level characters that are PvP only. Make PvP armor where each class has the same stats or customizable armor that has choices we can make for our stats depending on how we want to build our armor and weapons. Sure, there are a lot of things BW could do differently, but quitting this early in the game's life cycle is amusing to me.

No No No. Cross server PvP kills communities. WHY cant you guys learn from the mistakes that WoW has made. No server forums. Thats a mistake. Cross server PvP. Thats a mistake. Serisouly Im a fanboy of this game but you guys cannot get out of your own way with some of this stuff.

how does cross server warzones ruin the commuinity? less wait times and frankly as far as I can see the community in SWTOR is no better then the WOW community. get off your high horse.

I like the game for the most part. I see its potential and also wish certain things were implemented at launch instead of some point down the road.

But all I really do is pvp. Sadly, I'm on a dead server (Nathema). Patch 1.1 is going to have all level 50's in their own pvp queue. There's only a couple level 50's on the server that actually pvp. That means without a cross-server pvp queue I and other level 50's will NOT be able to pvp anymore.

It's bad enough that I cannot do any of the Ilum war dailies because the Republic never goes there to cap the bases back. Now I won't even be able to pvp in warzones...

I feel for ya man, sorry. Find something else to do while you wait for more folks to hit 50. But i guarantee they are ticking more ppl off than making happy at the moment by allowing you guys to fight with others < lvl 50. My friend just about ragequit the other night b/c of getting slaughtered by 50s.

At this point you could make a thread asking people which server seems to be the most lively, or balanced, or full and I am sure you would get a lot of responses.

a thread like that would get buried in these forums in about 10 seconds.

I was going to feel bad for you, then I checked and confirmed you are on a PVE server and complaining that people don't want to PVP. Were there no PVP servers available when you made your character?

While I enjoy both PVE and PVP in a game, there are many diehard non-PVPers who play MMOs... and you picked the type of server they like.

this, i will have plenty of matches on my pvp server, ilum is always active 24/7 so the weekly literally takes 10min to complete and that counts picking up the quest and running to the quest area.

I still don't know why a avid pvp'r would roll empire on any server.

I'm on prophecy of five which is sith 5v1. All of the empire guilds claim to be hardcore pvp'rs then roll empire so they can faceroll the next two months while republic gears up.

Tired of such wimps.

I'll repeat myself. Why any real pvp'r would roll empire when the servers are so out of whack is beyond me.

I say if you rolled empire then you deserve long que times. You rolled easy mode now enjoy it.

Your fault for rushing the game.

lol rushing.

ever imagined that he just has more free time than you?

i didnt rush at all. didnt spacebar through anything, did flashpoints, space combat, all bonus missions and STILL was server first lvl50 bounty hunter.

why? not because i rushed, but because i was on vacation and had more time than others.

so don't assume that just because other people have more free time than you or are just plain and simple better players than you, they are RUSHING, because that's false.

how does cross server warzones ruin the commuinity? less wait times and frankly as far as I can see the community in SWTOR is no better then the WOW community. get off your high horse.

have you played AV before they did cross server BG?

having an epic 48 hour AV battle is community building.

when people are logging into server forums during work hours (which, there isn't one in this game) in order to get updates on the progress of AV, is epic, and community building.

when people finally take a break from the AV match, and recall skirmishes between factions, that's community building.

when raiding guilds drop into AV after their raid, and turn the tide of the BG, that's epic, and community building.

15 minute games with people you don't know, and will likely never see again, is not community building.

Edited by oredith

Your fault for rushing the game.

He didn't 'rush the game', i had a level 40 like a week and a half ago and i watched all the dialogues on it.

Its possible to hit 50 in a week if you 'rush'. Just how much time do you think watching all those cutscenes really adds to that time?

He didn't 'rush the game', i had a level 40 like a week and a half ago and i watched all the dialogues on it.

Its possible to hit 50 in a week if you 'rush'. Just how much time do you think watching all those cutscenes really adds to that time?

Ref my sig. It is the truest thing on this forum.

Like I said earlier, I'm starting to get the impression many of these casuals don't know how quickly you can level in this game if you're focused because they spend their first hour online every day looking at scenery.

Of course, judging by the number of pleas I read in /1 on places like Dromund Kaas begging for help finishing easily soloable class quests, it might just be that they are so bad at the game they think it's hard to level.

Edited by Mannic

exactly, i followed my storyline all the way through, listened to every dialog, pined over every decision, and still made 50 in a week and half of casual playing (3-ish hours a night).

at this point, if you're not 50, you have either not been playing, or have been playing alts.

No, I'm upset because we will NOT BE ABLE TO PVP AT ALL SINCE YOU NEED MORE THAN SIX TOTAL PEOPLE IN A WARZONE TO PLAY.

And this situation will last what, probably a week or two until there are more level 50's on your server? This game has been out for less than a month, and came out during the holidays when a lot of people were spending time with their families instead of leveling. Be patient.

For PvP I disagree, as long as the "Battlegroup" sizes are kept reasonable, it's very easy to recognize the players and guilds on the other side and keep a sense of community. I rerolled several times in wow to play with different guilds in my battlegroups, and had characters all over "Ruin"

have you played AV before they did cross server BG?

having an epic 48 hour AV battle is community building.

when people are logging into server forums (which, there isn't one in this game) in order to get updates on the progress of AV, is epic, and community building.

when people finally take a break from the AV match, and recall skirmishes between factions, that's community building.

when raiding guilds drop into AV after their raid, and turn the tide of the BG, that's epic, and community building.

15 minute games with people you don't know, and will likely never see again, is not community building.

The lack of 48 hour epic AV's weren't a fault of cross server, those went away when blizzard decided to change aspects of AV. Not to mention we don't have any Massive, long, epic WZ's in this game yet, so you don't see any of that anyway.

And this situation will last what, probably a week or two until there are more level 50's on your server? This game has been out for less than a month, and came out during the holidays when a lot of people were spending time with their families instead of leveling. Be patient.

Stop trying to tell people what's important to them. "Be patient" isn't going to fly as an excuse for this game's many, many failings for much longer.

Edited by Mannic

Well telling him to reroll on a different server because of low population/slow queues is like telling someone to reroll their class when they're underpowered. It shows a lack of commitment to fix the issue. But, w/e I don't know what BW is doing behind the scenes.

I guess I hear where you are coming from but disagree, a low volume of level 50s on someone's PvE server who want to PvP in warzones is a player behavior issue, not a game system one. People will be 50s eventually, what if those 50s also don't want to PvP, should the devs be responsible for fixing that also? I know that some will cry out that this is evidence that cross server PvP is "needed", just understand that some actually virulently disagree on this issue. BW does intend to implement cross sever PvP but its in no crazy rush to do so.

Note: I am not calling anyone a carebear or whatever else for playing on a PvE server, I gave up on PvP servers in MMOs like SWTOR since they're worthless without a dev commitment to world PvP.

TLDR; I don't think it is developer responsibility to immediately fix temporary issues that rise as a result of player behaviors.