I think patch 1.1 is going to force me out :(

oursacrifice

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is, we only have about 1 warzone queue going on at the same time right now. The Republic pre-made group vs the Imperial group that sometimes doesn't fill causing the match to end in 120 seconds.

There are 3 level 50's on Imperial side that pvp so far and 2-3 on the Republic side.

This is not complaining about a problem that doesn't exist. It's complaining about a problem that already pops up right now, and when it's 50 only brackets it's going to be continual. It's hard enough filling a group of 8 imperials as it is.

so your complaint is that there are only a handful of level 50s around just weeks after release? Really? And you've played other MMOs that didn't have this problem?

That last question was rhetorical. I know damn well you haven't, because its a common problem to all new MMOs. If you've played other MMOs as well, then you also know that. Which means you should have also known the consequences of driving to level 50 ahead of the majority of other players.

The changes being made to pvp are necessary for its long term viability. If you lack the ability to see and think long term (and this thread indicates that may be the case), then that's your problem to deal with.

In world of warcraft I would never pvp in battlegrounds because of the level difference of up to nine levels pre-max. The level discrepancy in a game like this where higher level = all around better meant the level 32s in arathi bason would get creamed by the 39s no matter what. When I heard full set pvp gear max level characters could queue with level 20 noobs in this game I almost didn't buy it. 1.1 is why I decided to give this excellent game a chance.

I read the op as saying: "im max level and can't handle a fair fight, and if bioware doesn't let me stomp noobs so I can feel like a big man I quit". Seriously the op has such a myopic and selfish view of the game.

For starters, pre-arranged battleground style pvp should be fair, same level if possible but as small a variation as can be achieved with acceptable queue times. That's the point of pre-arranging, so both sides have an equal shot at winning based on skill.

World pvp is where you put "unfair" style pvp, the huge ganks and mismatched levels. unlike a battleground where the lowbies have no choice but to serve as fodder to the ops ego, in world pvp they can run, go to another area, or call in backup.

The op wants to quit because bioware isn't going to keep filling his barrel with fish? Good. Im disgusted anyone would even have fun bashing noobs and calling it pvp. Go hack in modern warfare 3 if that's Tue rush you want.

The Republic situation on Nathema is pretty bad. I rolled a consular "main" on there and the WZ situation is one of the reasons I ended up setting her aside to roll Empire on another server in hopes that perhaps down the road the Rep pop/community on Nathema would improve.

My average WZ queue time was, let's just say, not good -- some of them would pop after about 10-20 minutes, but then often I'd be questing for hours and even forget that I had queued when the message box popped up.

While Nathema might be (among) the worst, given the number of servers, it's probably far from the only server where this is happening. I've yet to face a Republic team in Huttball on my imperial characters in about 15 matches, but the waits are usually less than two minutes except during the late-night hours.

WZs/PVP is not the reason I play TOR, but it is still a non-trivial part of the whole experience for me. It would be nice to see this situation remedied before the Empire gobbles up the rest of the players.

Since fixing some of the issues with the Republic will likely still only result in a slow, glacial shifting of the faction imbalance, saving Republic WZ PVP probably means enacting cross-server WZs, with Rep vs. Imp getting priority over Imp vs. Imp.

It's bad enough that I cannot do any of the Ilum war dailies because the Republic never goes there to cap the bases back. Now I won't even be able to pvp in warzones...

Lol seriously? Ilum goes by pretty quick if theres no one from the other team capping. You can speeder back and forth between the Walker spawns and keep blowing them up and be finished with your Daily in probably 15 minutes. You can finish the Weekly that way in probably half an hour - 45min depending on the spawn rates and if you go all the way to their base and blow the AAA.

Concerning the new 50 bracket. Are you saying that your server does not have even 15 people that are level 50 that will queue at the same time? Sounds like you just either:

A) Want to keep steamrolling the lower levels.

or

B) Are impatiant and don't want to wait the extra 5 minutes for the queue to fill up.

Either way, quit ************ about something that's not even an issue. You must be new to an MMO to follow the on screen advice to play on a light server while the others were full. Much less a PvE server and expect people to be PvPing.

so your complaint is that there are only a handful of level 50s around just weeks after release? Really? And you've played other MMOs that didn't have this problem?

That last question was rhetorical. I know damn well you haven't, because its a common problem to all new MMOs. If you've played other MMOs as well, then you also know that. Which means you should have also known the consequences of driving to level 50 ahead of the majority of other players.

The changes being made to pvp are necessary for its long term viability. If you lack the ability to see and think long term (and this thread indicates that may be the case), then that's your problem to deal with.

Other MMOs have brackets for the most part and aren't as focused on the story aspect - which honestly slows leveling down even more for the majority of users.

The changes being made are fine in principle but far too quick to push on users considering the concensus on these forums is that if you are above level 20 three weeks after launch you're going "too fast".

The other problem is the fact that my server isn't the only one that has seen a drastic decline in player population since the beginning of this month. The current pvp queue system is literally our only hope for pvp at the moment due to the complete lack of players on Nathema.

A change like this (seperating level 50 players) should come with a cross-server queue or at the very least server mergers of low population servers. It's not MY fault that a ton of people quit playing the game.

I don't roll alts because I actually have a job and a social life. I'm a very busy person so I roll a single toon and play that same character the entire time I play a MMO. Thanks for trying though, but YOU appear to be the problem in telling how other people should play the game and live their lives.

But you expect a PVE server to give you a healthy PVP community within a month of launch?

It took you 42 hours to reach level 50. That is the problem and - quite frankly - seems impossible. I have a trooper alt that speeds through content I've already completed. Skipping every cutscene, it took me about 24 hours to reach level 24 with, admitedly, a few 5 minute breaks. I've watched people level through 40+, and it takes significantly longer than 1 hour per level.

Am I just slow? Seems like I was the only one that was alarmed to see this.

I understand its a pain for you.

However, as you point out, level 50s are the minority, and the minority are wrecking pvp for the majority of levelling players.

This was always going to be needed, its just a question of when it happens, and whenever it does, its going to upset someone.

Lol seriously? Ilum goes by pretty quick if theres no one from the other team capping. You can speeder back and forth between the Walker spawns and keep blowing them up and be finished with your Daily in probably 15 minutes. You can finish the Weekly that way in probably half an hour - 45min depending on the spawn rates and if you go all the way to their base and blow the AAA.

Then I'm doing something terribly wrong there because it says everything is Imperial controlled and all of the stuff I click on says "you can't attack your own base". When I go to the Republic side the AA guns are down (always) and inside there are guns that have over 1 million hit points.

But that's for another thread, I'll look into some more and see what I'm doing wrong.

Concerning the new 50 bracket. Are you saying that your server does not have even 15 people that are level 50 that will queue at the same time? Sounds like you just either:

A) Want to keep steamrolling the lower levels.

or

B) Are impatiant and don't want to wait the extra 5 minutes for the queue to fill up.

Either way, quit ************ about something that's not even an issue. You must be new to an MMO to follow the on screen advice to play on a light server while the others were full. Much less a PvE server and expect people to be PvPing.

There aren't even 15 level 50s on the entire server that pvp. I've sat in queue for 2.5 hours before logging at times. It has nothing to do with being impatient. It has everything to do with the gradual decline in server population on Nathema.

Edited by oursacrifice

I don't roll alts because I actually have a job and a social life. I'm a very busy person so I roll a single toon and play that same character the entire time I play a MMO. Thanks for trying though, but YOU appear to be the problem in telling how other people should play the game and live their lives.

Job, social life, family, busy etc. That's all good and healthy, but irrelevant to the current issue. You outlevelled most people, and are now ahead of your server's progression.

While it sucks that you picked the wrong server for your playstyle...Bioware is not going to do something extraordinary for you.

So don't worry about it until they implement a 50-only queue. And if at that time your server doesn't have enough 50's you'll have to make a choice of PvE, roll an alt, or quit. I'd recommend an alt on a different server. And since 50's will be segregated, you won't have to get steamrolled by 50's on the alt. You win again!

I like the game for the most part. I see its potential and also wish certain things were implemented at launch instead of some point down the road.

But all I really do is pvp. Sadly, I'm on a dead server (Nathema). Patch 1.1 is going to have all level 50's in their own pvp queue. There's only a couple level 50's on the server that actually pvp. That means without a cross-server pvp queue I and other level 50's will NOT be able to pvp anymore.

:(

Seriously guys, I'm totally bummed out over this.

It's bad enough that I cannot do any of the Ilum war dailies because the Republic never goes there to cap the bases back. Now I won't even be able to pvp in warzones...

I think you are in the wrong game when it comes to PVP. Things will improve, but I think you are probably wasting your time and should come back in 6 months or so if they have improved things.

The end game has a lot of work left and that includes PVP. Still, what MMO gets PVP right? Few.

But all I really do is pvp. Sadly, I'm on a dead server (Nathema). Patch 1.1 is going to have all level 50's in their own pvp queue. There's only a couple level 50's on the server that actually pvp. That means without a cross-server pvp queue I and other level 50's will NOT be able to pvp anymore.

Congrats on the 50. :)

Your server isn't 'dead' by any means, but it's a lower population server than some others. The good news is, the population is growing daily as more people buy the game and get online (we can see the growth). However, you're right in that the number of level 50 players is going to be small and won't increase dramatically in a short period of time.

Cross-server queuing for PvP is something that the development team wants to happen, but it's not going to be available in the near future. In the interim, you might want to try re-rolling a new character, either on your own server or another server (perhaps a PvP server?). On your own server, you'll be able to PvP all the way from L10 to L49 without any issue, and by the time you get close to the cap you can see how the L50 Warzone 'scene' is. On another server - especially a PvP server - you may find a more PvP-centric community.

Um blame that on the fact that you STEAMROLL everyone else with your max rank abilities and 10 CCs every second. You deserve it.

Did he have another choice if he wanted to PvP?

Ahh yes, I forgot. Refer to my sig. It's his own fault for reaching 50 before the people who play 2 hours a day and spend the first hour of that time paralyzed by awe over how awesome Dromund Kaas looks.

Edited by Mannic

Congrats on the 50. :)

Your server isn't 'dead' by any means, but it's a lower population server than some others. The good news is, the population is growing daily as more people buy the game and get online (we can see the growth). However, you're right in that the number of level 50 players is going to be small and won't increase dramatically in a short period of time.

Cross-server queuing for PvP is something that the development team wants to happen, but it's not going to be available in the near future. In the interim, you might want to try re-rolling a new character, either on your own server or another server (perhaps a PvP server?). On your own server, you'll be able to PvP all the way from L10 to L49 without any issue, and by the time you get close to the cap you can see how the L50 Warzone 'scene' is. On another server - especially a PvP server - you may find a more PvP-centric community.

Really dawg?

You're level 50 ... free time is obviously something you have, just think how active us level 20s social life must be?!?!... this helps far more people than it hurts. You are implying the game should cater to your play-style ... the devs are saying it likely won't ...

I'd suggest:

Not PVP-ing on a PVE server (bit late)

Not Leveling so fast on a new game (bit late)

Not joining a low pop server (bit late)

Taking a month off too enjoy that active social life :)

Their adding that cause so many 50's complained about having to kill level 10's and low levels complained about 50's so they are adding brackets now, Blame those that complained so much

And yet, other games have somehow managed to implement bracketed PvP that didn't feature an empty bracket a month after launch because the server pop caps are so low.

You're level 50 ... free time is obviously something you have, just think how active us level 20s social life must be?!?!... this helps far more people than it hurts. You are implying the game should cater to your play-style ... the devs are saying it likely won't ...

I'd suggest:

Not PVP-ing on a PVE server (bit late)

Not Leveling so fast on a new game (bit late)

Not joining a low pop server (bit late)

Taking a month off too enjoy that active social life :)

You could have played this game 3 hours a day since release and be level 50 by now. This argument is so weak.

I like the game for the most part. I see its potential and also wish certain things were implemented at launch instead of some point down the road.

:(

Seriously guys, I'm totally bummed out over this.

guy on a PVE server complaining people dont PVP ?

LOL wth did you think was going to happen