I think patch 1.1 is going to force me out :(

oursacrifice

I actually disagree on this one, I mean I definitely feel for OP to a degree but would it have been better for one of the moderators to come blow smoke up his ***. Dude got a fairly solid answer to a question that could have been just as easily ignored.

On the central issue of the level 50 bracket in low pop PvE servers making it harder for people to get PvP queues in end game, ultimately its an issue of whose desires should be tended to. The PvP game is inarguably different at end game than it is from level 10-49, should all those players leveling up have to deal with essentially not being able to PvP rather than those who have leveled?

In the end how long it took people to level up, whether or not OP "rushed" or anything else is totally irrelevant. In World PvP one doesn't expect any sembalance of equality, in warzones however one does. A low teens character can compete with someone in their 30s or even 40s, it will be hard but there is definitely the possibility of victory (I've had plenty while leveling) against a 50 they should expect to be steamrolled. That was an issue impacting people's ability to enjoy the game, I'm glad BW is fixing it.

Well telling him to reroll on a different server because of low population/slow queues is like telling someone to reroll their class when they're underpowered. It shows a lack of commitment to fix the issue. But, w/e I don't know what BW is doing behind the scenes.

Edited by youwillburn

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, put out more content and cross server pvp that should have been in on release. This is the first time I seen a dev respond with "reroll" instead of "stick with it and we'll fix it"

you can't fix people on a PvE server not wanting to PvP or not being level 50 yet. What Reid suggesting was that he re-roll on another server or that one to pvp in the 10-49 bracket until there is enough warzone activity on his current server to make him happy.

#FirstWorldProblems

OMG, is this the new FANBOI insult? Every time anyone complains about anything in ANY game we're going to have someone come in with the newest little Internet meme and say. "FirstWorldProblem!"

Yeah, we live in the first world so that's the kind of problems we have. Using the argument that some child is starving in Ethiopia takes away my right to complain about a faulty product is stupid.

I don't know where you read this, but I've already heard it about a hundred times in a week so it's not cool anymore. It was cool 6 months ago.

Ok.

What am I having for lunch cause apparently you know more about me then I do.

Lets not try to change the subject here. You did not level to max level 40% faster than the faster person in the world.

Nice try though!

this is primary reason why i think you shoudl be able to transfer your char to another server. i dont like that your limited to one server with the char you made. ive spent almost my entire free month sub getting to lvl 22. jsut to find out that if i play in the warzones every time im on. i play with the same 20 people, over and over and over and over again. pretty silly considering there are 250,000 that play this game.

this is primary reason why i think you shoudl be able to transfer your char to another server. i dont like that your limited to one server with the char you made. ive spent almost my entire free month sub getting to lvl 22. jsut to find out that if i play in the warzones every time im on. i play with the same 20 people, over and over and over and over again. pretty silly considering there are 250,000 that play this game.

zzzzz

better by what standards?

i could imagine storming through the game as a group to max level in those 42 hours (most likely with skipping all that voice acting and not doing the flashpoints on-level) but for the life of me i can't imagine one thing... WHY would you do that.

Couldn't do flashpoints other than Black Talon. Server population declined too rapidly. There were many times I was the only player on a planet after Tat - although I did group with another guy in Hoth. Never once had a group of 4 available to do any flashpoints though.

Never skipped a single line of dialog except the beeps/bops from droids and the cutscenes of your ship taking off/flying towards a planet.

Do they not even try to properly troll us anymore?

remove the expertise stat. bolster works reasonably okay (it has problems but not huge ones), the issue isn't level 50s, its geared 50s.

There was no reason to add a pvp stat in the first place other than 'wow did it', its the cause of this problem, and once everyone has it then its really the same as if nobody had it, so all it does is cause issues when a few have it and most dont.

I don't roll alts because I actually have a job and a social life. I'm a very busy person so I roll a single toon and play that same character the entire time I play a MMO. Thanks for trying though, but YOU appear to be the problem in telling how other people should play the game and live their lives.

The ironinc thing here is that you probably rather log in and stand around on your 50 with your thumb up your arse and cry there's nothing for you to do than spend your play time doing something else like rolling an alt while you wait for others to catch up. Talk about freaking entitlement, why don't you start an Occupy Ilum movement and cry about how other have fun stuff to do while you've got nothing fun to do?

You rushed to 50 and are crying about it, there's plenty to do with your play time. No sympathy here man.

better by what standards?

i could imagine storming through the game as a group to max level in those 42 hours (most likely with skipping all that voice acting and not doing the flashpoints on-level) but for the life of me i can't imagine one thing... WHY would you do that.

you got to the "end game" which you will enjoy till the next big expansion which won't be soon; was it really worth getting there so quick? the journey to the end was not good enough that you could just stop for a moment and enjoy it instead of getting to the next quest hub?

The thing is, I did enjoy the hell out of the journey, watched 99% of the cut scenes, grouped with friends, did a couple bonus series, flash points, pvp, 3 crew skills maxed, and I'm 50 now. Didn't rush, spent a couple hours hunting down a datacron on Taris (figuring out how to get to it was a blast). Now the question is, what next?

Edited by Guaritorr

A cool idea would be to cross-server-queue all the servers, but only to have a few of the servers in each one. From there they could have faction battles, where competing teams represent their server. Certainly the chance that a server in the group is severely disadvantaged, but I suppose merges could help? This could also help server loads as there wouldn't be one stressed-out cross-server-queue across all the servers, but several designated ones.

Any thoughts on this idea? Constructive please, no point bringing the flameboats.

That is addressed here by Stephen Reid himself. Looks like he's giving the same advice as many in this thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

"Cross-server queuing for PvP is something that the development team wants to happen, but it's not going to be available in the near future. In the interim, you might want to try re-rolling a new character, either on your own server or another server (perhaps a PvP server?)"

I never understood (and still don't) people that play those kind of MMOs (SWTOR, Rift, WoW) exclusively for their warzones/warfronts/battlegrounds.

You don't have to play exclusively for warzones in order to end up playing a lot of warzones at 50. Most of the other things available for 50s to do on demand are tedious and far less efficient at producing quality gear than warzones.

10 commendations per day, when upgrades cost 100+ commendations? It'd take something like 24 hours of playing time, spread over 10-12 real life days to get one piece - and that piece isn't a massive upgrade, just typical next tier gear.

On the other hand, 3 successful warzones a day for 4 real life days is likely to result in at least two similar upgrades for PvE. And yes, that gear also has Expertise on it, improving PvP as well.

A 50 can craft - except that the companion system doesn't require much player time spent crafting. Even a casual crafter probably hit 400 skill before making it to level 50. They can grind reverse engineering - but the companion system means the only time spent is clicking 15-20 times every 30-60 minutes.

The PvP daily/weekly on Ilum is quite efficient when available, but it requires the other faction to have come in and taken objectives of their own before you can capture them back. If the other faction just doesn't bother, it's possible to spend hours unable to progress the quest as your faction controls all the objectives. This is being adjusted in 1.1, so hopefully will be better.

The hard mode flashpoint difficulty is set assuming at least some 50+ gear ... and by far the best way to get that gear is warzones. They are also multiple hour commits, which is good for the weekend - not so great other times.

I'll put it to you this way. I have never PvP'd in an MMO - ever - before hitting 50 on SWTOR. Now it's about 75% of my time. It's not because I want to faceroll people, it's because I've upgraded 5 gear slots to post-50 purples in 4 days.

Edited by Kholvan

I was going to feel bad for you, then I checked and confirmed you are on a PVE server and complaining that people don't want to PVP. Were there no PVP servers available when you made your character?

While I enjoy both PVE and PVP in a game, there are many diehard non-PVPers who play MMOs... and you picked the type of server they like.

LOL.... epic fail.

I like the game for the most part. I see its potential and also wish certain things were implemented at launch instead of some point down the road.

But all I really do is pvp. Sadly, I'm on a dead server (Nathema). Patch 1.1 is going to have all level 50's in their own pvp queue. There's only a couple level 50's on the server that actually pvp. That means without a cross-server pvp queue I and other level 50's will NOT be able to pvp anymore.

:(

Seriously guys, I'm totally bummed out over this.

It's bad enough that I cannot do any of the Ilum war dailies because the Republic never goes there to cap the bases back. Now I won't even be able to pvp in warzones...

Translated; I never get tired of killing people that have no chance of winning unless there are like 3-4 of them.

In another bit of irony, everyone tells the OP to re-roll or roll an alt, and he acts like its such a chore to level another character cause "he is so busy". Yet people are complaining about how easy it is to level and the OP hit 50 before most people on his server.

So either dude commited a good portion of time to beating everyone to 50 and found out its lonely at the top and now is sad about it. Or he's a casual player like he claims and then it should be easy for him to hit 50 rather quickly on a more populous server since it only took him alittle while to hit max level he really doesn't have all them much invested in his character.

Um blame that on the fact that you STEAMROLL everyone else with your max rank abilities and 10 CCs every second. You deserve it.

Tell me about it. For the first time I went into a warzone or whatever they're called yesterday. I ended up being CC/stun/locked whatever for 10 mins it seem like. I was so nerd raging I did the one thing I never did before... pulled the ethernet cable! As it is I'll never go back into a warzone. World pvp is fairly dang fun on a pvp server though. :)

Sry to hear bud. Sounds like you need to go to a more populated PVP server.

You can alternatively try to get your guild more involved in PVP by scheduling pvp events.

Also more 50s will start to populate naturally so be patient. That is sadly the downside of nerd grinding your toon to 50 in the first cpl of weeks.

50s mixed w lower lvls has been proven to be very unfair hence the changes on their way.

If pvp is all there is to do at 50 stop insulting the guy for being upset that he wont be able to pvp as much with the patch.

There is no reason to go all super fanboy defensive on this. An mmos endgame should not be 'rolling an alt'. Lack of pve is annoying but understandable, but there should be filler content (pvp) to do while waiting for it.

Again ill say, leave all level bracket, remove expertise

Edited by Elysion

Right, so you didn't get to level 50 in 42 hours.

How do you know?

The guy who did it first was playing the game continuously from release. You can get there in less time without that time all being contiguous. Right?

Edited by Mannic