I think patch 1.1 is going to force me out :(

oursacrifice

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's beyond ignorant. As a resonable human being you bring to light potential problems BEFORE they happen. Only fools sit around and wait for bad things to come to them.

#FirstWorldProblems

Yeah, don't wait for your drinking water to get poisoned, but speculating that that there may not be enough max level PVPers on your PVE server one month after release does not necessarily qualify as a problem as much as a small inconvenience.

Options available include rolling an Alt on a PVP server, rolling an alt on Nathema, attempting to recruit like minded players on his server to PVP, posting on the forums.

Thats a bit unfair don't you think. I mean, blaming a guy for being level 50 like as if he did it just to screw with you is silly. If a game is unbalanced its not the players fault and short sighted bandaid fixes like this do very little to bring the community together.

I think Bioware can do better than this.

Putting 50s in their own bracket is a bandaid? Seriously? Pretty much every game with instanced PvP does this. It's nothing new. The only other fixes they could do would trivialize end game rewards, and while I really don't care if something trivializes end game gear, a lot of people do.

Edited by Ashanor

I like the game for the most part. I see its potential and also wish certain things were implemented at launch instead of some point down the road.

But all I really do is pvp. Sadly, I'm on a dead server (Nathema). Patch 1.1 is going to have all level 50's in their own pvp queue. There's only a couple level 50's on the server that actually pvp. That means without a cross-server pvp queue I and other level 50's will NOT be able to pvp anymore.

:(

Seriously guys, I'm totally bummed out over this.

It's bad enough that I cannot do any of the Ilum war dailies because the Republic never goes there to cap the bases back. Now I won't even be able to pvp in warzones...

So you are happy being in an imbalanced WZ 1-50? And you play this game strictly for PVP? You are bummed out that there aren't enough level 50s to pvp with yet? Just scant weeks after launch?

I think you need some perspective, friend. xD Either way, I wish you well.

Actually instead of 4 warzones going on at the same time there will be 2. That is just one example, you all will still get your pops.

This is just complaining about a problem that doesn't exist.

In a couple of weeks there will be more level 50's that people leveling up.

The problem is, we only have about 1 warzone queue going on at the same time right now. The Republic pre-made group vs the Imperial group that sometimes doesn't fill causing the match to end in 120 seconds.

There are 3 level 50's on Imperial side that pvp so far and 2-3 on the Republic side.

This is not complaining about a problem that doesn't exist. It's complaining about a problem that already pops up right now, and when it's 50 only brackets it's going to be continual. It's hard enough filling a group of 8 imperials as it is.

I was going to feel bad for you, then I checked and confirmed you are on a PVE server and complaining that people don't want to PVP. Were there no PVP servers available when you made your character?

While I enjoy both PVE and PVP in a game, there are many diehard non-PVPers who play MMOs... and you picked the type of server they like.

Some servers are like that. Check Grigga. Empire 50s outnumber Republic 50s 4 to 1. There are no less than 5 so called PvP guilds that do nothing but warzones. The same 50s all day every day that queue in packs of 4 and steamroll all day. Can't wait until they all are stuck playing each other in Huttball all day fully geared with no lowbies to farm.

But all I really do is pvp. Sadly, I'm on a dead server (Nathema). Patch 1.1 is going to have all level 50's in their own pvp queue. There's only a couple level 50's on the server that actually pvp. That means without a cross-server pvp queue I and other level 50's will NOT be able to pvp anymore.

So you're upset because you'll have to PvP with folks of equal potential? Oh well... :rolleyes:

The problem is, we only have about 1 warzone queue going on at the same time right now. The Republic pre-made group vs the Imperial group that sometimes doesn't fill causing the match to end in 120 seconds.

There are 3 level 50's on Imperial side that pvp so far and 2-3 on the Republic side.

This is not complaining about a problem that doesn't exist. It's complaining about a problem that already pops up right now, and when it's 50 only brackets it's going to be continual. It's hard enough filling a group of 8 imperials as it is.

For a person that mainly PvPs you probably shouldn't have rolled on a PvE server.

Not looking forward to it on Ebon Hawk/Republic side.

Most WZ's we are luck to see 2-4 50's on our side, where Empire teams always have quite a few more.

Guess Republic will be in very long queues and Empire will end up having to play Huttball with themselves all the time.

I personally think a 50s bracket is NEEDED, however it is to early for it.

I think Q times are really going to suffer :(

I play on a server which came online the 20th. In my guild alone we have close to 20 lvl 50s including me last night when I dinged. It's not too late.

Edited by Daeborn

It's bad enough that I cannot do any of the Ilum war dailies because the Republic never goes there to cap the bases back. Now I won't even be able to pvp in warzones...

I'm not a PvP'er but doesn't this sort of thing happen in other MMOs too? Where some goals in some of the pvp areas are rarely/never bothered with by one side? It seems to me I've heard this complaint before in other mmo forums.

I was going to feel bad for you, then I checked and confirmed you are on a PVE server and complaining that people don't want to PVP. Were there no PVP servers available when you made your character?

While I enjoy both PVE and PVP in a game, there are many diehard non-PVPers who play MMOs... and you picked the type of server they like.

There's also people who like PvP, and just don't want to be hassled while questing. It's not like the PvE servers don't have PvP zones.

I like the game for the most part. I see its potential and also wish certain things were implemented at launch instead of some point down the road.

:(

Seriously guys, I'm totally bummed out over this.

That's what happens when a bunch of 4channers arguing in general and pretending to be a community are held in higher regard than gameplay itself and important features like cross server stuff aren't put in the game right away.

If it makes you feel any better, i doubt queue times for 50s will be any good on any server tbh. I mean, i'm on one of the fullest eu servers and often times it takes a while or games close due to a lack of players even with the CURRENT system so go figure.

But hey, at least you can recognize by name those 4-5 morons who are always joining with/against you, yay. That is so worth it and important. /sarcasm.

Edited by AzKnc

A cool idea would be to cross-server-queue all the servers, but only to have a few of the servers in each one. From there they could have faction battles, where competing teams represent their server. Certainly the chance that a server in the group is severely disadvantaged, but I suppose merges could help? This could also help server loads as there wouldn't be one stressed-out cross-server-queue across all the servers, but several designated ones.

Any thoughts on this idea? Constructive please, no point bringing the flameboats.

A cool idea would be to cross-server-queue all the servers, but only to have a few of the servers in each one. From there they could have faction battles, where competing teams represent their server. Certainly the chance that a server in the group is severely disadvantaged, but I suppose merges could help? This could also help server loads as there wouldn't be one stressed-out cross-server-queue across all the servers, but several designated ones.

Any thoughts on this idea? Constructive please, no point bringing the flameboats.

I'm for anything that increases the population size of either the server I'm on, or the amount of people I'm queued against so that I can actually play the game.

OMG! I am going to be the only level 50 on my server.. FOREVER!!!!

Lordy lord.. what is I gonn doo?

:rolleyes:

Thanks for being a clown and providing nothing to the discussion of how problematic it is to separate 50's this early in the game's life without a cross-server warzone queue.

Stop crying and roll an alt, wait untill others have caught up. Sheesh. I remember the same kind of whining fromt he first 60s in WoW. Since your server is "dead" roll on that alt on a more populous one, try the other faction.

The game isn't the problem you're the problem, you and all the others like you. There is plenty to do in the game and if you're 50 you probably skipped a good bit of it in your race to 50. Play alts, collect the Datacrons, go back and finish all the quests on the planets.

Or go get a job, social life, go outside, excercise, anything else at all.

why did you choose a dead server? i chose a full server even though bioware advised me not to

It wasn't dead when I started. It has simply died over the last week and a half.

When I first started there was no less than 120 people in the starter zones and subsequent planets pre-level 20. Now the highest population planets have 10 players on them and fleet is rarely above 20 players. Sometimes Korriban has 20-ish or so, and I did see it with 30 players the other day when I was finishing my story questline, but several of them were higher level players as well (story quest related most likely).

Stop crying and roll an alt, wait untill others have caught up. Sheesh. I remember the same kind of whining fromt he first 60s in WoW. Since your server is "dead" roll on that alt on a more populous one, try the other faction.

The game isn't the problem you're the problem, you and all the others like you. There is plenty to do in the game and if you're 50 you probably skipped a good bit of it in your race to 50. Play alts, collect the Datacrons, go back and finish all the quests on the planets.

I play extremely casually (Usually 1-1.5 hours a day during the week), do every side quest and watch all the voice acting on my consular and I'm level 36. I can't imagine it'd be that hard to be level 50 by now if you play more.

The 'steamrolled to 50' argument loses it's validity as each day since early game access passes. You're basically saying there's no way to get to 50 in almost a month playing through the game, which is horribly untrue. I started a day before launch day and I'm 36 playing casually.

Edited by Rinkitink

I don't roll alts because I actually have a job and a social life. I'm a very busy person so I roll a single toon and play that same character the entire time I play a MMO. Thanks for trying though, but YOU appear to be the problem in telling how other people should play the game and live their lives.