I think patch 1.1 is going to force me out :(

oursacrifice

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not being able to play your 50 due to bad game design and lack of options is actually fail.

Yes it sure is.

Being a hardcore pvper, rolling on a PVE server and then complaining about not enough people doing pvp on your PVE server is actually fail. If you read the OP you will see that is the real issue. He is just upset he wont be able to faceroll low levels. Atleast he didnt go to a rp server, because thats where all the hardcorehardcore pvpers go.

Yes it sure is.

Cross server anything isnt needed at all, there are enough lv 50s to fill WZ on most servers. In this game WZ queues are short in comparison to other MMOs WITH cross server queues and often several are lv 50. So i personally do not think they will have long queues unless the lv 50 community whom have been simply facerolling low levels stop playing due to being paired vs all lv50s.

Calling cross sever queues a "modern feature" is horrible wrong. Its simply a feature that offers rewards with minimal effort.

While i would agree cross server queueing has reduced the queue times in other MMOs. It discourages people from trying to form groups to do WZ together, why would i spend a few minutes waiting on my friends to finish up whatver they are doing when i can can just queue up solo and get quicker gratification. In previous MMOs, precross realm queues, i actually made friends with several people from the other faction as well as my own. Being added to others friends list, because of how i played, other faction mentioning,(on your faction, with their low level alts), how they enjoy the challenge of facing you and your friends in close matches forming friendly KOS rivalries.

AFKers and bots are also much more common with the cross server system, other games there would maybe 1-2 bots/afkers in pvp the entire day, after usually 1-2 per match(on one side or the other). On same server pvp, you and the rest of the participants would reconize those players. Eventually those players would be blacklisted within the community. The report afk feature in most MMOs is a joke, because often all the bot/running in place against an object has to do do, it get attacked, and then not more flagged for being afk.

Typically in cross server queueing you simply get people "farming mid" and "fighting on roads" instead of people playing to actually win the game. You may not remember this but precross realm queues people would actually defend points, defend carriers and actually WORK AS TEAM, instead of "man look at the damage i did, well no i wasnt defending any nodes, me and about 4 others were ganking 1-2 people on the road instead of going to defend the node or carrier that was being attacked".

Long story short, the instagratification player typically DOESNT care about teamwork because it only took a short time in a queue, so if they dont win, short queue time away they might. While the person who put in the time in a queue will be more likely to try to work as a team because they want to win, "not farm".

Lets see, we trade slower queues for people whom want instagratification. Ill stick with the slower queues thank you.

The instagratification player, and game companies catering to them is what is ruining the MMO communities.

Edited by Brutem

part of the "nameless and faceless" aspect of cross-server pvp is also the lack of accountability. i know this has been mentioned, but I'm not sure if this particular aspect has.

on a cross server mashup, chances of meeting someone that you may come across again is low, people act like asses.

in a server only, you act like an *** in the WZ chat, or be completely useless and just fight off on the side in your own little battles, people will notice, and your name gets passed around. good luck getting into groups.

Being a hardcore pvper, rolling on a PVE server and then complaining about not enough people doing pvp on your PVE server is actually fail. If you read the OP you will see that is the real issue. He is just upset he wont be able to faceroll low levels. Atleast he didnt go to a rp server, because thats where all the hardcorehardcore pvpers go.

Yes it sure is.

Cross server anything isnt needed at all, there are enough lv 50s to fill WZ on most servers. In this game WZ queues are short in comparison to other MMOs WITH cross server queues and often several are lv 50. So i personally do not think they will have long queues unless the lv 50 community whom have been simply facerolling low levels stop playing due to being paired vs all lv50s.

Calling cross sever queues a "modern feature" is horrible wrong. Its simply a feature that offers rewards with minimal effort.

While i would agree cross server queueing has reduced the queue times in other MMOs. It discourages people from trying to form groups to do WZ together, why would i spend a few minutes waiting on my friends to finish up whatver they are doing when i can can just queue up solo and get quicker gratification. In previous MMOs, precross realm queues, i actually made friends with several people from the other faction as well as my own. Being added to others friends list, because of how i played, other faction mentioning,(on your faction, with their low level alts), how they enjoy the challenge of facing you and your friends in close matches forming friendly KOS rivalries.

AFKers and bots are also much more common with the cross server system, other games there would maybe 1-2 bots/afkers in pvp the entire day, after usually 1-2 per match(on one side or the other). On same server pvp, you and the rest of the participants would reconize those players. Eventually those players would be blacklisted within the community. The report afk feature in most MMOs is a joke, because often all the bot/running in place against an object has to do do, it get attacked, and then not more flagged for being afk.

Typically in cross server queueing you simply get people "farming mid" and "fighting on roads" instead of people playing to actually win the game. You may not remember this but precross realm queues people would actually defend points, defend carriers and actually WORK AS TEAM, instead of "man look at the damage i did, well no i wasnt defending any nodes, me and about 4 others were ganking 1-2 people on the road instead of going to defend the node or carrier that was being attacked".

Long story short, the instagratification player typically DOESNT care about teamwork because it only took a short time in a queue, so if they dont win, short queue time away they might. While the person who put in the time in a queue will be more likely to try to work as a team because they want to win, "not farm".

Lets see, we trade slower queues for people whom want instagratification. Ill stick with the slower queues thank you.

The instagratification player, and game companies catering to them is what is ruining the MMO communities.

I second you. I think Bioware has done some good work and they dont deserve to be flamed cuz some players are just plain bad or hard to please.

Edited by panacuba
typos

Congrats on the 50. :)

Your server isn't 'dead' by any means, but it's a lower population server than some others. The good news is, the population is growing daily as more people buy the game and get online (we can see the growth). However, you're right in that the number of level 50 players is going to be small and won't increase dramatically in a short period of time.

Cross-server queuing for PvP is something that the development team wants to happen, but it's not going to be available in the near future. In the interim, you might want to try re-rolling a new character, either on your own server or another server (perhaps a PvP server?). On your own server, you'll be able to PvP all the way from L10 to L49 without any issue, and by the time you get close to the cap you can see how the L50 Warzone 'scene' is. On another server - especially a PvP server - you may find a more PvP-centric community.

Or get name changes, server changes, faction changes up as soon as possible ;)

Congrats on the 50. :)

Your server isn't 'dead' by any means, but it's a lower population server than some others. The good news is, the population is growing daily as more people buy the game and get online (we can see the growth). However, you're right in that the number of level 50 players is going to be small and won't increase dramatically in a short period of time.

Cross-server queuing for PvP is something that the development team wants to happen, but it's not going to be available in the near future. In the interim, you might want to try re-rolling a new character, either on your own server or another server (perhaps a PvP server?). On your own server, you'll be able to PvP all the way from L10 to L49 without any issue, and by the time you get close to the cap you can see how the L50 Warzone 'scene' is. On another server - especially a PvP server - you may find a more PvP-centric community.

looks like they just ruined the game. WoW killed the communityies with that cross server bull ****

I have to agree that cross-server PvP will ruin the server community. Having come from WoW where you usually don't run into anybody from your own server, it was extremely refreshing to queue up in SWTOR and see people from my own server, and get to know them and how well they did in PvP. You acquire a certain appreciation for the premades you know are tough to beat, and everybody loves recognition. This is something that WoW didn't have, and if you go through with cross-server PvP, you will lose it.

I realize that cross-server PvP is looked at as a solution for low-pop servers or those with imbalanced factions, but the reality there is the game is young, and they will fill up with time. Just don't open new servers of those types for a while. It's up to Bioware to balance their servers, and if need be, eventually offer server transfers like Blizzard did to help with balancing populations.

Taking the easy way out by implementing cross-server PvP will only hurt server communities in the long run, and it's already more difficult to have a server identity in SWTOR than in past open-world MMO's where you might randomly encounter someone, due to less instancing (*cough* Not a big fan of the fact that there's usually always a 2nd instance of a given planet, when there's not that many people in the first one.)

In short, it's fun getting to know people and guilds on your server. I don't want to see anything that would diminish this.

if you as a player wants to ensure a high number of people will be in queue for pvp, then do not roll your toon on a pve server. the admin is right, he should reroll. Cross server pvp is an absolutely horrible idea that will kill what little sense of community this game has considering this game currently lacks realm forums.

People in pvp ops now are actually tolerable and even trainable to be better players. With cross faction pvp, you get people who can't be held accountable for their play and, with anonymity, become complete @uckwads. At least with same server pvp, horrible players can be crafted over time into better players through the constant shaming and guidance of the vets. This kind of reputation can only be built upon a community of players who play each other on a daily basis.

If bioware was so concerned with cross-realm play, why not just make all servers share the instances of a planet. I could just shuttle to republic fleet (345) to meet up with my friends to run a flashpoint. Why? Because i play mmo's for the community and not the carrot on a stick grind that rakes in the cash for you, ea.

I, and many others, don't want our community ruined because you don't know how to roll a pvp toon on a pvp server.

qtf

qtf

qtf

qtf

qtf

I'm not in for cross-server pvp, I'm more for merging realms and maintaining a healthy and balanced population. Cross-server pvp kills server communities as we know it.

You don't have to do this cross-server pvp thing Bioware....just......no...

What pvp communities are you talking about? Fighting Imp vs Imp Hutball over and over again? I'm on a mid-pop PvP server and I only get matches against pubs maybe 1/10 times. The same opponents over and over is boring.

Why don't people like active pvp rather than repetitive, slow and boring?

Edited by Crazysithslayer

• 2 weeks later...
There are no sacred pvp communities that is absurd. Cross server pvp creates more plentiful and higher quality pvp

Playing the some 20 people over and over is not awesome.

Some servers have been kill trading to earn valour extremely quickly- giving them free gear. Others haven't, and thus have gotten gear slowly because they pvp where both sides are trying to kill each other.

Some servers have people who enjoy pvp- I'd rather not have to play with other servers where they just want their gear, because right now I don't get people doing nothing in a corner, I don't come across naked people in Ilum getting farmed.

I know, I'm a crazy person who'd rather have pvp be about fighting the enemy- I know, many people here don't like that- so, stay on your server and enjoy your kill trading- I'll stay on mine and enjoy pvping.

Cross-Server everything.

Make this game global, baby.

You know Mass Effect Online won't be divided up like this.

I bet MEO has like 5 huge servers, and keeps that "galactic" feeling.

Meanwhile, we on SWTOR get divided to-death. Everyone is screaming bloody-murder about the game dying, population decreasing, etc. simply because the playerbase is spread out like Kim Kardashian at the Superbowl after party.

I want that "Massive" in MMORPG feeling baby.

Wow..Here I thought we really had issues, then this PVE claimer cries becouse of no PVP your really sad individual and need to go back to WOW or was that to scary for ya? Can we get an age check for forums to stop these individuals..wow you take the cake!

Better hope they don't put in an age check, you'd fail.