I think patch 1.1 is going to force me out :(

oursacrifice

Then I'm doing something terribly wrong there because it says everything is Imperial controlled and all of the stuff I click on says "you can't attack your own base". When I go to the Republic side the AA guns are down (always) and inside there are guns that have over 1 million hit points.

But that's for another thread, I'll look into some more and see what I'm doing wrong.

You most definetely are doing something wrong, dude. If you start out on your speeder at the Empire base and drive all the way through each 3 Walker fields and destory them all - that's 3 points right there to the 5 needed for the Daily. If by chance when you get to the AA guns they are down you could just wait for about 5-10 minutes and they'll -usually- respwan on their own if no one repairs them. If not, then just speeder on back through the walker fields and wait for them to respawn. I think they're on a respawn timer for anywhere between 5-15 minutes, but you only need 2 of them to finish the daily by that point. If you really have nothing else to do then you -could- stick around for about 30min-1hour and keep repeating that process to finish up the weekly.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the 50. :)

Your server isn't 'dead' by any means, but it's a lower population server than some others. The good news is, the population is growing daily as more people buy the game and get online (we can see the growth). However, you're right in that the number of level 50 players is going to be small and won't increase dramatically in a short period of time.

Cross-server queuing for PvP is something that the development team wants to happen, but it's not going to be available in the near future. In the interim, you might want to try re-rolling a new character, either on your own server or another server (perhaps a PvP server?). On your own server, you'll be able to PvP all the way from L10 to L49 without any issue, and by the time you get close to the cap you can see how the L50 Warzone 'scene' is. On another server - especially a PvP server - you may find a more PvP-centric community.

I've seen nothing but population decline on Nathema since launch. Are you really seeing a growth on this server? I'm confused because they aren't out there leveling then. I make a habit of planet bouncing while in queues to see how the planets are and they're very low pop during peak hours.

Maybe something like this will push the need for server transfers so those of us that don't want to spend time leveling again can still enjoy the game?

Stop crying and roll an alt, wait untill others have caught up. Sheesh. I remember the same kind of whining fromt he first 60s in WoW. Since your server is "dead" roll on that alt on a more populous one, try the other faction.

I don't know about you, but I put a good bit of effort into my first character. I picked the class I wanted to play the most, and have a fair amount of /played on it... I really don't want to just go roll an alt because BW is being stubborn with things. If you do small-medium sized battlegroups like WoW had, you still have the sense of community and names you can recognize each game, while opening up more wz's for people to join.

The game isn't the problem you're the problem, you and all the others like you. There is plenty to do in the game and if you're 50 you probably skipped a good bit of it in your race to 50.

Thats entirely false at this point in the game's life. We're approaching a month now since early access. I personally have been playing since that Thursday (15th), thats 26 days the game has been out for me. I'd say it's taken me about 4-5 days of /played to get through the story (I have more then that on my char, but thats including time spent in pvp, crafting, dicking around, and hours I left my game on and walked away to do other things).

Lets take the high estimate of 120 hours, 120/26 is about 4.5 hours a day. That leaves plenty of time in the day for work/classes (8 hours), sleep (8 hours), and a decent social life (3-4 hours).

Play alts, collect the Datacrons, go back and finish all the quests on the planets.

Or go get a job, social life, go outside, excercise, anything else at all.

I don't want to play an alt, I love my main. I finished a couple bonus series, theres no point to go back and do quests on tatooine at 50... and I have classes, a social life, etc.

People really need to get off the "You rushed to 50 because I'm not 50 yet!" bandwagon. I watched every cutscene, even the side quest ones, and didn't spacebar through things. I grouped with RL friends for a lot of stuff, did flashpoints, and enjoyed the hell out of leveling... but now I'm 50 and its quite a different experience without the incredible story prompting me to log back on.

Edited by Guaritorr

do you have a better solution other than sitting around and waiting for people to hit 50 so he can pvp? huh, "dawg"?

Yeah, put out more content and cross server pvp that should have been in on release. This is the first time I seen a dev respond with "reroll" instead of "stick with it and we'll fix it"

Edited by youwillburn

Other MMOs have brackets for the most part and aren't as focused on the story aspect - which honestly slows leveling down even more for the majority of users.

The changes being made are fine in principle but far too quick to push on users considering the concensus on these forums is that if you are above level 20 three weeks after launch you're going "too fast".

The other problem is the fact that my server isn't the only one that has seen a drastic decline in player population since the beginning of this month. The current pvp queue system is literally our only hope for pvp at the moment due to the complete lack of players on Nathema.

A change like this (seperating level 50 players) should come with a cross-server queue or at the very least server mergers of low population servers. It's not MY fault that a ton of people quit playing the game.

it has nothing to do with fault. You are yet again complaining about problems that are typical of virtually all MMOs.

On the one hand, you can choose to completely ignore that these problems will exist, play however you like, and ultimately maximize your exposure to such problems.

On the other hand, you can accept that certain problems are almost an inevitability, adjust your play to minimize exposure to such problems and likely increase your enjoyment of the game. Example: I'm currently playing three separate characters with the express purpose of staying in the middle of the pack, to make it easier to find groups for flashpoints. Same thing could apply to pvp.

It appears you've chosen the former option. It also appears that it's not working out for you that well, but that's just my perspective on the situation.

Its a bummer, but I picked a good server so its hard to relate.

I guess there's a few options:

Reroll on a different server.

just wait it out - they will either merge servers or allow transfers sooner or later if its truly dead server.

Unsub and come back when the above happens.

I never understood (and still don't) people that play those kind of MMOs (SWTOR, Rift, WoW) exclusively for their warzones/warfronts/battlegrounds.

i do play those warfronts, of course, and i still enjoy them, but if that was the only activity in the game that i could participate in - i would immediately unsub.

if you are looking for a purely pvp game why not try LoL/HoN/Dota2? or maybe you are killing time in a big wait for GW2 which will have warzones that actually could be played exclusively (as they will be BALANCED, and there will be no gear/commendation grind attached to them)

but like i said - i don't understand it, maybe there is something that i'm missing out :-)

but i do have a solution for you - reroll on a pvp server, you got to max lvl in 42 hours, clearly you could do that again, easily :-)

I have 42 hours of playtime on my character. I completed the entire story campaign in that amount of time (I hit level 50 over the weekend). I've had the game since December 21st. I did not level "way too fast". I've had the game for 20 days for an average of 2.1 hours of time PER DAY.

You did not level your character too 50 in 42 hours of game time. This statement makes everything else you say meaningless.

do you have a better solution other than sitting around and waiting for people to hit 50 so he can pvp? huh, "dawg"?

First of all, people who say PVP is fluff like the space missions you are flat our wrong. It is a big part of the game. Especially once you are 50. Otherwise the gear wouldn't be better than easy mode operations. And valor wouldn't be so hard to obtain.

Secondly, those saying that you shouldn't be pvping on a pve server, this statement is just ridiculous. PVE servers are really the perfect PVP environment. You can quest without getting ganked and when you are in the mood to PVP there are designated areas. It is designed pretty well, and exactly why I rolled on a PVE server.

Third, to those complaining he shouldn't have leveled so fast, that argument is just weak, and just not a good argument. It has nothing to do with the design of how it should work. Not only that, but leveling isn't hard nor does it take long even listening and watching all the cut scenes.

This change is just hurting people who are 50s. I understand that it needs to happen as it may not be fun for a level 11 group in a warzone, however there are other ways to get around it. As the dev stated cross server queues would be a good solution. Should have been in to begin with given their design. I also suggest doing it in tiers. Start with 10-39 and 40-50.

Ilum needed to change I get that, but even that will be tough if a server is top heavy Republic or Imperial.

The hell I didn't. Just because I'm better at my time online then you are doesn't mean I didn't level that quickly. It's not hard.

No you didn't.

The first level 50 in the world skipped every single cutscene and took shortcuts and took 59 hours to get to 50.

http://i44.tinypic.com/ifsvms.jpg

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=35561

Edited by Bollah

I'll admit, having a Bioware rep say reroll is a bit disheartening.

I actually disagree on this one, I mean I definitely feel for OP to a degree but would it have been better for one of the moderators to come blow smoke up his ***. Dude got a fairly solid answer to a question that could have been just as easily ignored.

On the central issue of the level 50 bracket in low pop PvE servers making it harder for people to get PvP queues in end game, ultimately its an issue of whose desires should be tended to. The PvP game is inarguably different at end game than it is from level 10-49, should all those players leveling up have to deal with essentially not being able to PvP rather than those who have leveled?

In the end how long it took people to level up, whether or not OP "rushed" or anything else is totally irrelevant. In World PvP one doesn't expect any sembalance of equality, in warzones however one does. A low teens character can compete with someone in their 30s or even 40s, it will be hard but there is definitely the possibility of victory (I've had plenty while leveling) against a 50 they should expect to be steamrolled. That was an issue impacting people's ability to enjoy the game, I'm glad BW is fixing it.

In the end how long it took people to level up, whether or not OP "rushed" or anything else is totally irrelevant. In World PvP one doesn't expect any sembalance of equality, in warzones however one does. A low teens character can compete with someone in their 30s or even 40s, it will be hard but there is definitely the possibility of victory (I've had plenty while leveling) against a 50 they should expect to be steamrolled. That was an issue impacting people's ability to enjoy the game, I'm glad BW is fixing it.

As am I.

The hell I didn't. Just because I'm better at my time online then you are doesn't mean I didn't level that quickly. It's not hard.

better by what standards?

i could imagine storming through the game as a group to max level in those 42 hours (most likely with skipping all that voice acting and not doing the flashpoints on-level) but for the life of me i can't imagine one thing... WHY would you do that.

you got to the "end game" which you will enjoy till the next big expansion which won't be soon; was it really worth getting there so quick? the journey to the end was not good enough that you could just stop for a moment and enjoy it instead of getting to the next quest hub?

i'm seeing that kind of attitude more and more, sadly. (just yesterday i asked someone if he would like to kill an elite with me, he asked for which quest it was; i said - no quest, just for fun... and then there was silence)

i guess if you could get max level (and max gear?) during character creation - you would go for it, right?

So suggestions on how to fix your problem of not being able to play your character and PVP range from, create another character or don't play the game. Am I the only one who sees a problem? That seems to be the answer to a lot of problems. Roll a new character or don't play. Is that healthy for population growth and keeping this game alive? I see a bright future.

Further more how do you correlate a PVP server and WZ PVP? Not even close to the same thing. Some people recognize the difference. I play on a PVP server, I don't think that hardens my "cred" as a hard core PVPer. Its not PVP when me and 5 other IMPs thrash the living crap out of a lone republic 2 levels below us that we ambushed. Is that PVP?

If they made PVP servers PVE servers and didn't tell anyone most people wouldn't even notice. Due to the pop imbalance and instancing you hardly ever see opposing factions as an IMP and when you do you usually have about 4-8 of your best friends along for the beating.