Rate SWTOR out of 10.

Papazooki

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I stopped once I got into the 30's and realized this is CC intense PVE. I thought they would have learned from WoW/Rift that CCing mobs wasn't fun. It was boring PVE. It was much more fun to have hectic fights.

Heh. Not to derail the thread or anything, but I'd say the exact opposite. Not to drag up WoW, but when Cataclysm first launched and CC was back, I thought they had a real winner. Then everything got nerfed and fights went all Wrath-style again and it bored me right out of the game.

Anyway, since I can't remember if I posted it yet or not, I'd give this game an 8/10. There's definitely room to improve but I'm having more fun with it than I have with an MMO for a really long time.

Hmmm difficult.

As a mmorpg overall: 3/10 - uninspired WoW clone in space with story. Not the kind of mmo I'd like to see.

I'll do this IGN Style

Presentation - No UI customization is horrible. Dialogue make mundane grind quest feel interesting. Story is fun. 5/10. Incredible amount of loading screens and elevators makes traveling frustrating.

Graphics - No comment.

Sound - Great voiceacting but the sound feels almost non-existant, I can't even recall one split-second from an in-game tune, not memorable at all. 5/10

Gameplay - Story is cool, combat is rather mediocre. 5/10

Overall: 5-2 = 3 --- 3/10

TADAAA

10/10 leveling - perfect dialogue options, perfect voice over, interesting quests, companions, excellnt music, very nice design of planets (especially Corellia and Nar Shaddaa) and above all - I love group quests.

9/10 end game content - I never liked going to same HCs over and over again anyways. Usually only do the operation and only one ore two HC flashpoints per week. For me, the content seems far more than sufficient.

But I want the high-resolution textures back! Bad Bioware!

Edited by Jedlosson

Around 8/10 for me.

I have not reached the end game content but I am enjoying the story and game so far. There is a lot of potential in this game with inclusions of an expanding story line and intrigue in the eventual war I see a lot of potential. For an MMO launch the client was stable I have encountered a few bugs but nothing game breaking and the issues I have encountered are minor.

Story and leveling 10/10 - Best MMO in this department by far.

End game 8/10 - For a new birth MMO, TOR has alot of end game activities, more then that other MMO did at launch.

Worlds 4/10 - So far im not a big fan of the instanced worlds. Hopefully the shards will be removed. But this doesnt stop the fact that each world is designed around instancing.

7/10

Great story and nice voice overs.

BUT..

I have a really hard time to get around the general unresonsiveness of the abilities and the delay and not to mention the amount of hotkeys you need to bind.

In EQ2 you also have tons of abilities but if you click something your character will perform it, you don't have to monitor the hotbars all the time and wonder if it worked or not, much easier to get a perfect flow or rotation.

So, just fix that and I will give the game 9.5/10!

7/10

That's my score so far, but i must say my main char is a level 22. So that means that i have not seen all of the gamecontent.

Sure the game has got some bugs and some issues that needs to be fixed, but overall i enjoy the game.

When i read the forums i get what the "complainers" are talking about and i understand the "fanboys". Both have got some valid points.

Pro's: Storyline, voiceacting, no tedious grinding, well thought over quests (not much going back and forward to the same area for different quests), getting your own spaceship (pretty epic moment), lightsabers, love the atmophere of the game.

Pro's and at the same time con's: Combat system (love the animations, hate the ability lag) Warzones (love the concept, but sadly can't enjoy it fully due to massive FPS issue's)

Con's: bugs (sadly too many to name them all), wierd FPS issues, no group finding system, no guildbank.

Im a EVE Online player since 2003, but in the current state of SWTOR i can't see myself playing this game for that long. Maybe when they patch the game in time i might alter my perception on this, time will tell.

I do realize this game just came out so i expected some issues and overall im pretty ok with its current state, but it needs a lot of work to be trully epic.

My two cents.

Edited by Reuzekabouter

For the epic storylines and great singleplayer style

9/10

For being a MMO

4/10

You might not understand what I'm saying but I just don't like how this game is a MMO. MMOs in my opinion should be more Sandbox and not following big storylines. While TOR is more storylines and is very linier.

Edited by KeatoHarrolo

For the epic storylines and great singleplayer style

9/10

For being a MMO

4/10

You might not understand what I'm saying but I just don't like how this game is a MMO. MMOs in my opinion should be more Sandbox and not following big storylines. While TOR is more storylines and is very linier.

Can't say I disagree.