What would you like to see in 8.0?

Like the title says, What would you like to see the Dev's Change and or Implement if and whenever 8.0 drops. Given the current track record of expansions we probably wont see 8.0 till holiday of 2025, however given the current rate of updates and slow pacing of the story, 8.0 might not actually come out until 2026. There really hasn't been a confirmation of an 8.0 as far as i'm aware of, the dev's really only talked about planned content up to 7.6 I believe. 

I'd like to see, in no specific order:

1. More customizations for existing races. Its been way too long and you'd think that this would be an easy thing to toss in every few months or so, but I guess not. Still, male Togruta missing the longer montrals, Twileks still having 3 faces and lacking colors, Cyborgs missing facial hair, no options to just use the default face that NPCs have for Nautolans, the lack of newer jewelry for Purebloods and so forth would be NICE for the team to touch on.

2. Return of the Dark vs Light galactic system, including the bosses. The system could absolutely do with some revisions and it could be intertwined with Galactic Seasons to drive further interest, as well as a touch up on the token store, obtainable titles/customizations/outfits/etc. It was a cool feature that they did nothing with once it was not new and shiny anymore and that's a shame.

3. Name purge. We've been long overdue for another.

4. New GSF content. A new map, minor tweaks to ship balance, it being added to Galactic Seasons as an alternative form of track progression or having its own season. I may not be the greatest at GSF but I certainly respect the mode and the dedication its small community has had through the years.

5. 'Claim All' button for specific parts of collections, like emotes, flairs, and pets.

6. An update to where Token characters start and what level of character development they can start with. Personally, there is currently no reason to actually use a token as a vet player with a full stable of characters who are invested into different parts of the story. Token characters lack in all aspects. No corresponding titles that make them feel organic, no romance options possible to pick, defaulting alignment to whichever faction one is on, just everything about it feels so stale and deserted as a worthwhile concept. Seriously, just update how they work to make them for palatable.

7. The dev team un-nerfing the Razor's Kickstart tactical (you thought I forgot?!)

8. The ability to change the first advanced class of pre-existing characters from before swapping was introduced. I'm tied to the characters, but not the advanced classes in all cases.

9. Multi-use dyes. Especially the more expensive ones.

10. A reassessment of the leveling experience concerning the timing of some ability unlocks. 

11. Revisiting more starter worlds and home worlds. I would LOVE to see what's up on Kaas after so long (its been a while even since that one chapter in Kotet), as well as Coruscant and Korriban still feels like a world the game has yet to do justice to. Give us an operation or something on it, the planet is so iconic and it would make sense for both sides to have reason to draw blood there.

12. New crafting schematics and a far less disorganized system than the one we've been saddled with for so long. Its tedious, outdated, resource intensive for the sake of padding, non-customizable (such as saving favorites, no note tabs, no pinning of resource tallies, etc), still lacking basic improvements like queuing up missions for specific companions to run, and far more. 

13. A conclusion to this mediocre story that has been dragging on aimlessly for years. Seriously, I know some of the story team have to be embarrassed with how long its taken to churn out what they have. This is flat out disappointing and already started off on the wrong foot coming off of the conclusion of yet another long drawn out story that actually had a satisfying ending. Why bring in Mandos and Malgus and do so few things of interest with them? Mando politicking and faction wars is cool, but why does the story have to come at the expense of player agency? Why does Malgus have to be thrown into the role of a common cartoon villain with goals that feel so non-threatening? Could it not have gone to a new villain?

14. Bug fixes for longstanding bugs, including those introduced with 7.0. I'd like to sort my bag more than once without needing to close the window and reopen it to press the same button like it used to be. I'd like to accept my rewards from missions while running, emoting, and doing anything else but standing idle like I used to. I'd like to get away using Force Cloak without remaining in combat with a non-moving enemy for 150m.

15. Second names following a space in character names actually being capitalized in the chat box if they are when the person made the name. How has this slipped through the cracks for so long?? 😭

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, DarthCasus said:

I'

4. New GSF content. A new map, minor tweaks to ship balance, it being added to Galactic Seasons as an alternative form of track progression or having its own season. I may not be the greatest at GSF but I certainly respect the mode and the dedication its small community has had through the years.

This!!!

Would be great to see GSF as part of the  PvP season or granted a similar track of its own.

When it comes to somewhat realistic hopes, I'd like to see Galactic Season returning to its roots a bit, taking steps closer to what it was during S1. Imo the core system was more interesting back then.

• Like 1

What would 8.0 be in order to renew my subscription would be how I phrase the question.

1) 1 new raid

2) 1 new flashpoint (this can be left out or included, it would be a bonus) and a reworking of the rewards so that this content is worthwhile again

3) 1 new pvp map

4) 1 new gsf map

5) Ideally 20-40 hours of new story content (Playable. While I love cut scenes, it can't be 90 percent cut scenes)

Basically, the content expansion this game has desperately needed for years on years on  years.

Edited by Shwarzchild
removed a word
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DarthCasus said:

I'd like to see, in no specific order:

I completely agree with a lot of these, some not so much.  1-5, & 11-15 100% yes.  The others 6 -10  I don't mind / object too, they just don't really matter to me as much.

That said I'd like to add a few things as well, also not in any particular order either.

1) New combat classes.  Tech classes with vibro blades, tech staffs, different force specs etc.  You guys ever play any other mmos?  There's a lot of different healing / tanking and dps play styles we don't come close to having, and that's a real shame IMO.  Would also just like to point out, that not every new combat class needs a dot spec, since you guys are of the belief that every class needs one. (And buy you guys I mean the devs)

2) New warzone maps, with different sizes & objectives. I don't mean another hutt ball, with a new layout. I don't want another alderaan / yavin reskin either.  Give us a 12 v 12, or 16 v 16.  Let us use tanks, walkers etc as siege weapons. Give us shield generators to protect our bases from these siege weapons and turrets to fight back with. Make it new and fun, we need more warzone variety than what we have. 

3) Un-prune some classes.  Look I realize after years of complaining that we're not going back to the old ways, but some specs definitely need a few more buttons to hit. Either bring back some old abilities or add new ones to replace them .

4) Companions with their own unique abilities.  Look even if you're giving them 1 or 2 new abilities in just one of the 3 different specs they have (tank / dps / heals) it would go a long way. There are a few who do have their own moves, Shae, HK, and some others, but by enlarge most are 1 companion, that's reskinned.

5) More customization for the current races.  Some have plenty (humans, nautalons chiss) others need serious help (rattataki, cather, etc).

6) Give us a way to get old GS companions, and other stuff that is currently unavailable for reasons. 

7) PvP rewards need to be fixed.  12 tokens for 1 old deco, that you could get 999 from achievements is not balanced in any shape way or form.

Here's where I'm going to lose some folks, and that's fine. 

Eight) In the original game, flash points would use your crafting skills to get you a shortcut, or a small advantage for having someone in the group having it.  But after that it was none existent.  I know it's basically irrelevant to most people, but it's the little attention to detail that makes this seem like thought and care is given to what's made, rather than just slap something together so they don't complain, about lack of content. 

9) Update on uprisings.  Again I know most people don't care, but I actually do like them.  Even so far as to go and solo them on vet mode.  Up the rewards, add a few more uprisings as well that fits with the story.  Make them relevant instead of just stuff that was long forgotten.

10 ) Please fix the codex.  I know most people don't care, but those of us who are completionists it's really annoying that some of them just can't be done, cause the codex doesn't exist.

11) Bring back renown.  It was nice to have something to do at end game.  I also wouldn't object to amplifiers, but I know a lot of people didn't care for them.

12) Can we please have the ability to either only see our debuffs on the enemey, or have a better way to highlight our own debuffs?  I don't want to have to resort to star parse in a raid, because there's 4 of the same debuff from the other 6 sorcs.

13) I feel like I should say something about the old on rails space missions, but nah I'm good, think that's it.

And again most of the things DarthCasus said, cause that's very imporant.

Edited by Setta

• Fix 7.x bugs.
  • Improve inventory management for loadouts.
  • Improve inventory management for toys. We should be able to learn the toy as an ability. Place it in the ability window like Pets and Mounts.
  • Give us more legacy storage space.
  • Improve outfitter for different weapon types. (e.g. Commando and  Powertech). Only 1 weapon can be placed there, but some of us have a second class with a different weapon type.
  • Improve the clothing of all original story NPCs. They're basically wearing paper clothing.
  • Improved conquest system. Give us more points for current activities, and more opportunities to make points per day.
  • Option to Skip past Ossus and into the newest content.
  • 3rd class option and/or class reset.
  • Fix uprisings. Nobody queues for them. Remove the P2P wall on them and move them into the FP category.
  • Add more low-level FPs between the levels of 10-80. Shrine of Silence is great, but it takes 3 other level 80s in the queue to become eligible for random selection.
  • Merge same region servers, or merge their group queues.
  • Get rid of FP-1s, Op-1s, WZ-1s, and Conquest Comms. Switch to 1 token to rule them all.
  • Make the technological advancements quest legacy wide or simply get rid of it. It serves zero purpose. I shouldn't have to do it on each and every toon that hits level 80.
  • More hairstyles.
  • Make lore objects legacy wide. With 37 toons, clicking lore objects in the world or in ops feels absolutely pointless.
  • Do something with the Dark v Light vendors. They sit there with unobtainable wares hogging fleet real estate.
  • Bring back pruned NPCs. (e.g Geric from Hutta)

Edited by Traceguy
  • Thanks 1

Return gearing to either 6.x style or Ossus style 5.x.  

Change level-synch gear stats so that there is a gear rating below the max that equates to max stats in the locked content. With that whether you return to a uniform stat max like  6.x or a scaled system that reflects your full stats choices doesn't matter that much. Most people who do level-locked content don't really care about hard core raiding and don't need BiS gear, but with 7.x you need BiS to do well in level-sync, otherwise the system absolutely punishes you stat-wise. For example with current gear ratings, 340 would max-out your level-sync stats. Yes, if you are doing hardcore raiding, you want/need a 343 iRating. 

Increase the number of return to entrance terminals, particularly in planetary story arc areas. 

And for the love of all things holy and unholy, fix the temporary ability spawn effect.

While I would love to see more playable content, I would be happier if first we could have a massive amount of patches and fixes, some bugs have been lingering for years and it has become more than ridiculous that they are still here (codex entries being impossible to get, decos never dropping from anywhere, deco not existing for french players (I'm not forgetting those Ossus crystals deco that french players can't use because they fudged up the translations--'), the problem with zabrak skin colours for pub players is also one I have heard loooooots about, etc.). Other than that, well I quite like the fact 7.X has brought us back to several planets we have already seen because it's one good way to ensure they will dust off the game graphism (They added metallic dyes, now we need to see nicer looking metal everywhere). But I will be honest, what I want to see the most even if it's literally just a touch here and there, is for them to acknowledge our past choices even if it's only a letter from a npc we haven't seen in in-game years, it would add some flavour to finally knows what happens to some of those people we met and left behind (like if we did not kill Syndic Zenta, what happens to her after? We are literally playing a GS about the Inrokini house / or Darth Jadus, where is he? What happened to him? Is the team keeping him hostage until the moment they will brandish him like a blunt weapon to beat our characters with? Did he choke on a space bagel in surprise when Zakuul invaded the rest of the Galaxy?).

But as an addition to the actual story, I think I would really like to see a new uprising and a new space mission being linked to it. Having new maps for PVP and GSF would also be cool, especially if those maps could also be linked to what is going on in the story (I am pretty sure GSF players would enjoy not being forgotten for once and it would be a good occasion to make new paints for the ships (pretty sure some would enjoy having the Eternal Alliance symbol on their ships for exemple)). Of course a new FP or Ops would be cool but an uprising would add some diversity to the new content.

• Like 3

Fixes with as much as possible plus story and opponent Abeloth at its most powerful form in the coming releases in the next several years at least.

And we need options to finish Oricon-Dread Masters story, not with ops, but with actual story, just like Iokath and gods of the Machine as well-as story, not as ops, as well as dxun story, not as ops, we need options to choose between story and ops, just like we had in Shadow of Revan storyline.

And I wouldn't mind the return of Tenebrae, just this time more powerful than ever, after he ate several galaxies and the life forces of all the living beings and force ghosts combined, another story/not ops, as well.

And easier macrobinocular and seeker missions, so you  can beat the main bosses by yourself, not to play with 4 or more players just to finish it, the same problem is with star forge.

Also, all ops can and should be become stories, so again we need option to choose between story and operations, again, just like Shadow of Revan storyline.

Edited by ivicapesun

Crafting Update.

I gathered 10k Bondit-/Firkrann-Mats over the years. 10k of every Mat actually. And i still have to send companions individually away, eight at a time, crafting five components each.

I want an option... "use these 8 companions to make 3.000 components over the next 8 hours (if offline make it 24 hours or something)".

Edited by SoontirMorillo
  • Like 1

8.0?? *rubs hands together*..

Lets see maybe a new tactical for all the classes along with some actual balancing

Some direct adjustments to aspects of PvP such as the returning of ranked matches maybe return of 8v8 ...warzone adjustments galactic star fighter needs some attention.

Changes to the GTN system and the adjusting of this so called trade tax

preferred status for previous subbers getting their credit cap limit raised to an amount that is actually applicable in the games current economy

Maybe some incentive to do PvP in the open world instances again try to find a way to revive that area things like that...

Return of Dark vs Light system 

Least in terms of hopeful wants...

In terms of what I am expecting to see Alot of cartel market adaptions from any star wars TV shows maybe some new metallic dyes with some horrible color combos ...

Alot of posturing from the devs about their so content with the direction of the game ....uh lets see what else 

Some breezy story content that I might fall asleep during im expecting to see another one of these so called "PvP seasons" with lackluster rewards 

Another galactic season track where I ignore 99% of it except for the cartel coins ... I am expecting the weapons and armor from those tracks to be hideous as usual same as the PvP season armor lol ..

Im expecting PvP as a whole to be ignored in general yet again along with all its issues Im also expecting a few slight adjustments to classes so they can say they did something with class balance

Maybe another new planet with a world boss and a rep track to grind...

And yeah thats about what Im expecting off the top of my head I am not feeling real hopeful this is going to be a homerun

Granted they are more than welcome to prove me and I will gladly give them their due credit and praise....

Truly though I dont think there is alot of people who read multiple sections of these forums are looking for 8.0 to be filled with sweeping good changes It could very well be more of the same 

• Like 1

1. Make all of the rest of the flashpoints have a solo mode too.

2. Given that nobody does Uprisings much, maybe they would if there was a solo mode for them too.

3. Exegol! I didn't much like the movie, but I thought Exegol was a cool new addition to the Star Wars mythos, and as a place where Sidious went to pursue ancient Sith cults and immortality, it also seems right up the alley of the SWTOR Sith shenanigans.

4. More character customization options. I wish I could make a rattattaki character who didn't have tattoos and wasn't bald, for instance, or Chiss characters with regular eyes, or Sith characters who looked more like whats-his-face, the little red guy who has a smooth human face, etc. Maybe like what was done for cyborgs where you can get any class cybernetics on any other class if you unlock it, we just make a really broad expansion of human, where we get more hair, eye and skin colors from the other races. Blue people, gray people, red people, green people, etc.

5. ?? I'm sure I can think of more with more time, but those are all things I'd like to see.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DarthCasus said:

3. Name purge. We've been long overdue for another.

Do you mean an actual *purge* (unconditionally removing names from characters that meet some combination of criteria), or just "unlock the names of those characters so they can be taken by others, but if the player logs in again first, relock the name onto the character"?

• A Combat Style Overhaul to include a gear tab, a deletion button for unwanted loadouts, a keybind option to transition between styles with a click of a single button

•  A Stronghold Overhaul for it's 10 year anniversary since it's inception. Address hooks, their placement and increase of degrees in the x,y,z axes as well as an addition of more hooks with hooks inside of them.  Removal of unwanted terminals, such as exits, cutscenes, arrival points, and training dummies. Removal of unwanted NPCs.  An increase to companion limit.  Allow multiple copies of vehicles. 

• A GSF Overhaul- Design a proper tutorial. Make a Galactic Season reward track specifically for it.  Allow controllers and joysticks to work properly in GSF.

• An Updated Storyline Start point to fast forward through the entirety of JUS and play at the current story point.

• Like 1

@EricMusco

Seriously dear developers,  is GSF ever going to see any love again? Been like 7 years.  New Maps? Seasonal reward track? GSF themed CC items? Anything? Demand of this stuff is steadily increasing among players I think, which is great. Seems like it is among most requested thing on this thread this far. Why was GSF excluded from PvP seasonal reward track? There were plans to include it, but then said plans got axed?

Only 100% purely made-for-pvp aspect of this game isn't part of the  pvp reward track..

On 3/27/2024 at 11:06 AM, DarthCasus said:

On 3/27/2024 at 11:06 AM, DarthCasus said:
On 3/27/2024 at 11:26 AM, Stradlin said:

This!!!

Would be great to see GSF as part of the  PvP season or granted a similar track of its own.

On 3/27/2024 at 12:08 PM, Shwarzchild said:

W

4) 1 new gsf map

On 3/27/2024 at 12:08 PM, Shwarzchild said:
18 hours ago, LittleEwina said:

Having new maps for PVP and GSF would also be cool, especially if those maps could also be linked to what is going on in the story (I am pretty sure GSF players would enjoy not being forgotten for once and it would be a good occasion to make new paints for the ships (pretty sure some would enjoy having the Eternal Alliance symbol on their ships for exemple)). Of course a new FP or Ops would be cool but an uprising would add some diversity to the new content.

1 hour ago, TonyTricicolo said:

• A GSF Overhaul- Design a proper tutorial. Make a Galactic Season reward track specifically for it.  Allow controllers and joysticks to work properly in GSF.

Edited by Stradlin

I would love to see all the normal expansiom stuff like new planets and raids and such, but also I think it would be super cool if we could get own personal flagship that we could decorate by ourselves, like guild flagship!

Maybe we could get it from the new story, or we could maybe just buy it, im not fully sure 😊 we could fly it to different planets and get maybe some small bonuses when we are on that planet.

I listed a few things, but then I realized I want most of them before 8.0. Here's the list anyhow:

- Undo ability pruning
- Give moddable gear back and get rid of RNG
- Return all ops weeklies to the terminals and remove the requirement to kill all bosses on one character, because the current system is unfair to people who have to swap toons for the mechanics
- Return some of the 6.0 set bonuses, such as Fulminating Defense for juggs and Shadow Purger for sins.
- Get rid of premades in pvp or put them in their own queue.

- Let us rearrange and delete loadouts
- Let us reset the combat styles or add third one
- Let us save, export and import loadouts from one toon to another like we can with keybinds. An automatic ability converter (rep vs imp) would be nice with that too.
- Legacy wide gear inventory that gets saved with the loadouts, as in: let us swap gear without having to carry the gear sets in our inventory. 

- New content, including an operation or two.

5 hours ago, DeannaVoyager said:

Let us save, export and import loadouts from one toon to another like we can with keybinds. An automatic ability converter (rep vs imp) would be nice with that too.

+1000000 from me on this one.  (GW2 has this, and it is really good for consumers of altohol.)

• Like 2

My list

1. I do agree with the new combat style but it would have to make sense and what you give to 1 category Force User or Tech you would have to give something else to the other category as well so you are look at 2 combat styles needing to be added so you dont get an outcry from the other batch of players that feel like they got jipped out. So tech based melee like sword/double blade vibrosword wielder could be a thing or hybrid tech/force user. For force user technically i would say a alchemist or beast tamer would be the direct i would go with that. then since you dont have to create the mirrors anymore all you have to do is create the specs for them.

2. new planets introduced and return to some other planets (no more voss for awhile). For new planets i would say Kaysheek, Felusia, Mandalore (depending on where the story is going to with that), some more lore oriented planets with the Jedi and Sith as they are rebuilding their ranks and recovering lore and lost knowledge. For returning planets would like to see Alderaan, Oricon, Ilum, Tatooine, Nar Shadaa, the other 2 starter planets since we getting Hutta and already got Ord Mantel.

3. Crafting fixed and increased. Of course crafting needs improved a lot of which is would say if they are not planning on a stat squish which is looking like it needs to happen soon they need to increase the numbers for beneficial stats. but medpacs if like said are not planning on a squish soon should be actually more percentage based. of course new augments, dyes and crystals but also make crafting feel worthwhile at least for your alts outside of Biochem for your Operation character/s.

4. Color crystals where people are going to ask for more color crystals i am going a different route with it. Make color crystals more beneficial again like they were in classic and are when you are leveling up. But make them maybe 1-2% stat increases +41s are not really even noticeable not that 1-2% is going to be very noticeable it would still be more significant going forward and that would at least scale based on your stats you have so that would not make it too overpowered while leveling but still a nice boost.

5. A cohesive story that is not jsut jumping back and forth between Republic vs Empire and the Mandalorian Civil War. If it is going to be a focus of the expansion like Legacy of the Sith should have dealt with more back lore and the Sith actually being more front and center rather than taking a backseat to Mandalorians that drives people crazy. Malgus i get what they are using him for using him as Anti-Villain since they killed off their Anti-Hero. But Malgus aint even the big bad yet we have yet to encounter whoever is being setup as the big bad going forward. Whether it being a surprise return of some1, Jadus, Acina/Vowrawn, or even Darth Nul (though i think Nul is being setup as means to an end basically almost like Malgus).

6. Something more than just daily planets which by a lot of people are considered just a lazy way of doing content though if you are going down that road Ossus was the best of the daily planets they have done it gave rewards allowed for progression with gearing and rewarded for content along with the Command/Renown system which was good probably the best of the gearing systems we actually have had. But they can keep aspects of the current gearing system too. But back to content there needs to be something to drive players to doing daily planets more than just decos and little conquest rewards.

7. in Kotet we had the bolster system which technically allowed 50-65s to raid with 70s except in Iokath and Queen. That was actually a bit nice for the fact of teaching new players or players that are still leveling up content as well for some guilds. I mean how the raid system worked in that was something outside of that we didnt really see except with the operations passes that were removed.  Of course the Bolster system was not really perfect because it hurt some of the max levels that weren't really highly geared or had gearing. so if the bolster system came back it would have to stop at 84 and not count for 85s.

8. Gearing needs to be more reward for your work rather than feel like it is just handed out. Max gear should be earned and worked for which helps incentivize keeping players around more. If they are just able to get max gear like in Onslaught in 1 1/2 day -3 days and not have it upgrade the entire expansion that causes a lot of people to burn out faster. Sorry if you are on the side that likes all players being able to access the same gear. It doesnt work that way for endgame players there needs to be incentives and rewards for working hard to get to that point. and of the mindset that not every1 should be in max gear PVE and PVP could have that case made for you. Solo/story/leveling players really do not need it technically if there are not doing repeatable storyline chapters of content which havent been since Kotet. LotS was trying to return to the old mindset of gearing while keeping the item rating gain mentality of onslaught. that is nice and all but i would also make it more challenging to gear rather than easier until you have 1 character max gear for that patch. 

9. class ships or personal starship changes. Allow you to customize your class ship or build a new personal player flagship for travel going forward once you get into the new expansion a certain time. for customization basically its appearance weapons systems and stuff, color of the ship certain paintings or whatever. just making it feel more personalize feels like a further progression of the character and their storyline out of the 2 i would prefer actually a new ship and having to build it up.

On 3/31/2024 at 12:40 AM, DeannaVoyager said:

is unfair to people who have to swap toons for the mechanics

No one should have to swap toons for mechanics. If there's a mechanic that requires a unique set of skills, the host should be recruiting for it up front

Edited by Traceguy