No conquest objectives for Interpreter's or Kessan's - intentional?

(I guess this is more of a question for the devs)

Most of the daily areas up until now have had at least three related conquest objectives - Mission Complete, Weekly Patrol and Defeat Enemies. We even have those for the (relatively) recent Manaan and Ruhnuk daily areas, but not for the Interpeter's Retreat or Kessan's Landing (though I guess it counts Defeat Enemies for Voss and/or Ord Mantell?). Is this intentional? If so, I'm genuinely curious about the reasoning behind that. What's the incentive for people to come back to these areas after doing the story? Kessan's at least has a reputation track, but the story gives plenty of reputation points already and it can be maxed quickly.

I wonder if this means that all daily areas from now on (if there will be more) will be omitted from conquest objectives. There's a reason Czerka's always crowded and people keep coming back to Ossus or Yavin. Amid all this talk about a small budget and no resources, I wonder what the point is in spending time creating these new daily areas if there's no lasting incentive for players to do them?

• Like 1

Not sure how a thread about Conquest being broken a few months ago relates to what I wrote (I guess maybe because it has the words "Conquest" and "Interpreter's" in it?)

Anyway, I'm not exactly looking for "help", just wanted to point out that the devs forgot to include a Weekly Patrol conquest objective for the two newest daily areas, something that yields the most points in other areas and makes them worth doing. Not really expecting them to answer outright, but maybe it'll be addressed one day as to whether this will continue for all new daily areas, and if so, why?

4 minutes ago, Chaosataoist said:

Not sure how a thread about Conquest being broken a few months ago relates to what I wrote (I guess maybe because it has the words "Conquest" and "Interpreter's" in it?)

Perhaps i misunderstood/misread your OP ... Weren't you trying to report  the same issue as that thread i linked for you?  ( also not sure if you read thru the entire thread yet ? )

3 minutes ago, Nee-Elder said:

Perhaps i misunderstood/misread your OP ... Weren't you trying to report  the same issue as that thread i linked for you?  ( also not sure if you read thru the entire thread yet ? )

No, not at all. In that thread people are reporting that the Conquest window is broken for them while they're in the Interpreter's Retreat (various symptoms - entire screen missing, guildship missing, etc.).

What I'm trying to figure out is why there is a "Ruhnuk: Weekly Patrol" conquest objective, an "Ossus: Weekly Patrol" objective, a "Black Hole: Weekly Patrol" objective, etc. etc. for every daily area, but no "Interpreter's Retreat: Weekly Patrol" or "Kessan's Landing: Weekly Patrol" objectives. Same goes for the "Mission Complete" objectives that give you conquest points for finishing a smaller number of daily missions in these areas.

• Like 2

I noticed this as well and figured it was intentional as most of the others are in the conquest list, while these are not which means gives me a less of a reason to go back, especially after I max out the reputation on Ord Mantel.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Chaosataoist said:

No, not at all. In that thread people are reporting that the Conquest window is broken for them while they're in the Interpreter's Retreat (various symptoms - entire screen missing, guildship missing, etc.).

What I'm trying to figure out is why there is a "Ruhnuk: Weekly Patrol" conquest objective, an "Ossus: Weekly Patrol" objective, a "Black Hole: Weekly Patrol" objective, etc. etc. for every daily area, but no "Interpreter's Retreat: Weekly Patrol" or "Kessan's Landing: Weekly Patrol" objectives.

ahhhh ok, my mistake then sorry for the confusion yep

Kessan's Landing should have a weekly conquest objective. I think it already has the Heroic Missions, Defeat Enemies 1 and 2 for being on Ord Mantell, so it just needs the weekly.

Interpreter's Retreat wasn't designed to be a proper daily zone. It's mostly there to go through the story, do a little exploration, and finish some achievements. Players are expected to move on eventually. It's designed very much like Mek-Sha, which also doesn't have a weekly conquest objective. I'm pretty sure the Voss conquest objectives work in Interpreter's Retreat, so it already has the basic conquest objectives all the other areas have.

Edited by ThanderSnB

Voss conquest objectives do not work in Interpreter's Retreat.
Ord Mantell conquest objectives do not work in Kessan's Landing.
Would be nice to have a reason to get back there, just like there's a reason to repeat dailies/weeklies on Ruhnuk, or Manaan - or literally any other daily area that has reputation/achievs long maxed but gives cq anyway.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2024 at 8:17 PM, VilianSW said:

Voss conquest objectives do not work in Interpreter's Retreat.
Ord Mantell conquest objectives do not work in Kessan's Landing.

adding on

1. Correlia conquest objectives do not work in Black Hole
  2. Belsavis conquest objectives do not work in Section X.

So the planet zones not counting is definitely by design. As for Interpreter's Retreat and Kessan's Landing not having any objectives of their own, either BioBroadWare has gotten lazy, or they just don't care about CQ anymore.

Edited by Traceguy
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, TonyTricicolo said:

Also to note that Kessan's Landing has a quest to complete 10 dailies but there are only 9 available.

Does the progress towards that CQ objective reset each day or can you go back and do the 10th daily the next day?

57 minutes ago, Traceguy said:

Does the progress towards that CQ objective reset each day or can you go back and do the 10th daily the next day?

There isn't a CQ objective.  They are talking about the weekly quest that requires 10 dailies to complete.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/29/2024 at 8:04 AM, Traceguy said:

You can go back the next day and finish it.  

On 2/28/2024 at 1:51 PM, TonyTricicolo said:

Also to note that Kessan's Landing has a quest to complete 10 dailies but there are only 9 available.

There are 10 including the heroics. One of the heroics wasn't counting towards the weekly. Supposedly that was fixed in the last update but I haven't checked it. There are dailies spread across the map. Also annoying, the group finder travel spawns you at the quick travel point not where the mission terminal is.

@JackieKoAny chance we'll get conquest objectives for these areas in 7.4.1?

Edited by frutepy

1 hour ago, frutepy said:

There are 10 including the heroics. One of the heroics wasn't counting towards the weekly. Supposedly that was fixed in the last update but I haven't checked it.

Can confirm that it has been fixed. Both 2+ Heroics now count towards the weekly.

On 2/28/2024 at 8:11 PM, casirabit said:

Yea, and after this week I should be finished with the reputation so no reason to go back after this week.

Yeah, same. This is what I don't get: they spend valuable resources to do some story driplets on a new location. Then make it so that we can't access that new daily area unless that character has played through all previous story driplets.. Then don't give us conquest points or any other reason to return to the area once we are done with reputation track... 

Seems like a lot of wasted resources to me. Resources that could have been used on content we can access with all our characters or content we would have reason to access again, and again, and again. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

although we lowered the points from this Conquest, our goal was to add in new objectives so that players who were jumping in for quick sessions and progression through Galactic Seasons, could then also be gaining Conquest points (the new Objectives focus on gaining GS levels).

Pulling this thread back up to the top of the forum since the developers apparently do care about conquest. Instead of adding conquest objectives to Galactic Seasons (which isn't always available) -- why not give conquest points to the daily areas they keep issuing? I'm not much of a daily person myself, but I've been known to do a round or two while waiting for raid to form or the queue to pop. Right now, there's no reason to play the new zones at all after the rep's done.

• Like 1

honestly at this point the absence of conquest objectives for these zones seems intentional

for comparison I still frequently do the CZ-198 dailies despite being rep-capped and having next to no use for noble decurion gear or conquest comms, but it is a very quick and easy daily area that gives decent amounts of conquest points