Changes to rewards for PvP, GSF, and Operations

BryantWood

Hi everyone,

Have a few updates to share with you all.

First, some of you may have noticed that /stuck has been temporarily removed from ranked PvP. This was done to prevent exploitative behavior. We intend on re-enabling /stuck in game update 7.0.2 (will have more details on that when we can share them). Players are utilizing /stuck to receive rewards in unintended ways, so we will be adjusting rewards earned in ranked weeklies to help discourage this behavior but also taking this opportunity to balance rewards in various parts of the game.

With 7.0.2, players can expect the Tech Fragments from [WEEKLY] Go Berserk! to be reduced to 1750 (down from 2000). For those who enjoy playing PvP, rewards for Unranked will be increased (listed later in this post).

While we’re here, we wanted to shed more light on other adjustments that were made to balance rewards players were earning so they feel better rewarded in playing various parts of the game they enjoy. These reward balances will be coming with 7.0.2, but you can see them now on the PTS server.

We’re going to be making CM-1337 easier and simpler for players to obtain. The RPM and OEM modules can be purchased directly from the Spoils of War Vendor for 5k Tech Fragments each, while other sources have been removed:

• RPM-13 and OEM-37 costs on the Spoils of War Vendors SoW Vendor are now 5k (down from 10k)
  • RPM-13 have been removed from Group Ranked Daily and Weekly Missions
  • OEM-37 have been removed from Operation drops and Missions
  • Weekly Missions “A Surprising Offer” have been removed from the fleets

Improvements to Unranked Weekly Mission Rewards: [WEEKLY] Conspicuous Valor and [WEEKLY] The Spoils of War:

• WZ-1 Accelerants are now 110 (up from 55)
  • Tech Fragments are now 1500 (up from 450)
  • Daily Matrices are now 20 ( up from 8)

Improvements to Unranked Daily Mission Rewards: [DAILY] March Them Down and [DAILY] No Quarter

• Tech Fragments are now 150 (up from 75)

Slight Reductions to Starfighter Rewards:

We are slightly reducing rewards from Galactic Starfighter so that it is more balanced in comparison to other content in the game. We love seeing players participate in and enjoy Galactic Starfighter, but the current reward amounts are beginning to lead to an increase in players not actively participating in matches.

• Tech Fragments from [WEEKLY] Galactic Starfighter are now 850 (down from 1000)

Increased Tech Fragments in Operations, especially focusing on Story:

We’ve read feedback regarding Operations bosses not rewarding enough Tech Fragments and have increased how Tech Fragments are rewarded from them. The further you progress in an Operation the more Tech Fragments will drop from bosses. With a complete Story Mode Operation now granting 2000 Tech Fragments (up from 450). Veteran and Master Modes will also be increased to grant 2500 and 3000 Tech Fragments respectively.

For a 5 boss Operation, rewards will be as follows for Story Mode:

• Boss 1: 100 Tech Fragments
  • Boss 2: 250 Tech Fragments
  • Boss 3: 400 Tech Fragments
  • Boss 4: 500 Tech Fragments
  • Boss 5: 750 Tech Fragments

Operations with more or fewer bosses have been balanced to reward an equal amount of Tech Fragments based on their average completion time.

Another change players may have noticed on PTS is that currency names have been updated. These were made to better clarify what content the currencies are related to.

• Medal of Commendation is now Conquest Commendation
  • Aquatic Resource Matrix is now Daily Resource Matrix
  • Hazardous Matter Catalyst is now OP-1 Catalyst
  • Thyrsian Production Accelerant is now WZ-1 Accelerant
  • Decurion Isotope Stabilizer is now FP-1 Stabilizer

We hope this gives you a little more insight into what to expect for 7.0.2. We will have more communication around that update when we have more details to share.

Hi Bryant,

Please for the love of the force make progressing the unranked weekly work the same as the GSF weekly (1 point of progress for a loss, 2 points for a win). The way unranked is atm you can be the absolute top of your team by a country mile for 15 games and lose all 15 and get 0 progress towards your weekly for literally hours on end.

There's so many people in unranked that either don't want to play the objective or don't understand the objective that the weekly is more like torture some weeks that you as a player can do nothing about.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We’re going to be making CM-1337 easier and simpler for players to obtain. The RPM and OEM modules can be purchased directly from the Spoils of War Vendor for 5k Tech Fragments each, while other sources have been removed:

• RPM-13 and OEM-37 costs on the Spoils of War Vendors SoW Vendor are now 5k (down from 10k)

]

This is a good first step, but it means little when it still requires 21 of these to craft a single CM-1337.

Its time to reduce the mats requires to actually craft the CM-1337 by a massive margin.

Those who had access to this have had their fun, and without any new crafting options the process on this are simply out of reach for most players.

I honestly think it should be dropped to 1 of each per CM considering we still need 14 of them for a full set.

So yes, this is a good start, but it will change little in the current state of things.

Hi Bryant,

Please for the love of the force make progressing the unranked weekly work the same as the GSF weekly (1 point of progress for a loss, 2 points for a win). The way unranked is atm you can be the absolute top of your team by a country mile for 15 games and lose all 15 and get 0 progress towards your weekly for literally hours on end.

There's so many people in unranked that either don't want to play the objective or don't understand the objective that the weekly is more like torture some weeks that you as a player can do nothing about.

I could not agree more. Giving half the participants NOTHING is complete BS! Nothing ruined PvP more than this simple change.

Hi everyone,

We hope this gives you a little more insight into what to expect for 7.0.2. We will have more communication around that update when we have more details to share.

This will not help at all with the cost and availability of trying to craft gold augs. The amount of materials needed to craft the CM-1337 need to be reduced. Why not make it you need 1 each of the RPM-13 and OEM-13, instead of 14 and 7. 105,000 tech fragments to buy the mats to craft 1 augment is just ridiculous

I could not agree more. Giving half the participants NOTHING is complete BS! Nothing ruined PvP more than this simple change.

Yup. I do a little pvp still, but don't even bother picking up the weekly. I give it one or two matches a couple of times a week. If I get the win from the first match I stop, and if I don't I give it another try and then I stop. Either way, I play less pvp now than I did when losses counted towards progression of the weekly mission.

Also signed... 100%

This is how it used to be, its how it should be now.

The current method only encourages one sided matches and leaves.

Saw this post on Twitter and was completely dumb founded by the way they are changing the oem/rpm thing. Glad to see that this post is already being bombarded with ppl who've done the math to know that it will take 105,000 tech frags in order to craft one gold augment lmaooooooo clearly nobody like actually sat down to think about these changes, bioware just saw complaints and did stuffs 🥴🥴🥴

I'll freely admit, I'm probably considered one of those people. But I'm not. I am not into the dogfighting aspect, I rarely win a 1v1 fight in a scout, striker or bomber. Gunship/sniper role is my favourite in any shooting game. But recently I've managed to look past that and explore the wonders of a camping bomber under the satellites. It's super fun, it's super relaxing and it also makes me look super AFK, until B is under attack and my mines and probes do their thing. Granted, if I am at A or C and everyone else is on the other satellites, it makes me look really really inactive in every parameter except Objectives. Which is good enough for me, but if people count that as ”not actively participating”, then something needs to change on your end.

While this won't make me play less GSF, because I actually like it and wish you would develop it further with new ships and maps and maaaaaybe new types of both, it will make me a little sad to lose out on the tech fragments. GSF is my primary income, because it's content I find fun and it's rewarding me for my time spent, unlike PVP, with the 1-2 point system.

As long as you're defending the satellite, you won't get marked as noncontributing (even if no one is attacking). No one could kick you even if they wanted to, which they wouldn't since that's how bombers are supposed to be played in domination.

Hello, even with the reward increases to PvP I do not want to play PvP due to the lack of progression. I really enjoy regular unranked PvP but I already struggled to complete my weekly before 7.0 (I'd often work on it over the course of a month or more) and with matches played counting for almost nothing unless you both win and also win 4 in a week for the weekly, it became even more frustrating. It's too disappointing to get unlucky and have 2-3 losses in a row, especially since I'm the kind of player who feels even a low 6 matches a week is a ton to be playing with my schedule. I want to have fun in PvP but since there's a new gear track I also need to work on gearing up so I can play more difficult content with my friends and every other track rewards at least some progress compared to regular PvP which often rewards me with almost none.

The gearing system is so confusing, that I couldn't even follow this post. But even if I can't wrap my head around the system something tells me that just renaming the currencies and putting mats on a vendor isn't going to save this system. Edited by gidder

Thanks for doing this, the clarity is appreciated.

Edited by xordevoreaux

And don't get me started on changing the currency names, isn't a RPG supposed to be immersive?

QFE , i said basically the same thing on my long post within page 2.

./shrug

. I really enjoy regular unranked PvP but I already struggled to complete my weekly before 7.0 (I'd often work on it over the course of a month or more) and with matches played counting for almost nothing unless you both win and also win 4 in a week for the weekly, it became even more frustrating. It's too disappointing to get unlucky and have 2-3 losses in a row, especially since I'm the kind of player who feels even a low 6 matches a week is a ton to be playing with my schedule..

EXACTLY ^ , listen to the *influencer* BioWare , if you're not gonna listen to loyal $ubscribing beta Vets like me. ;)

The gearing system is so confusing,

Totally agree, as in i don't understand the purpose of it. (other than to perpetuate player-grind-hamster-wheel-of-madness)

Edited by Nee-Elder

I feel like the dood who created the gold augment crafting plan no longer works at bioware and the current devs have no clue it costs 14 rpm and 7 oem to craft, and under current circumstances where they are easier to get than the aforementioned plan...the mats cost over 100m each.

The problem is the devs play on their own private dev servers. If they played on the live server along side all the players, then maybe things would change.

Could you already think about increasing the limit on "tech fragments", it no longer has some kind of "stopping gearing" meaning, and in general it does not make sense in the cap now. 11k is now an abstract figure, (e.g. 110k) add one zero behind it and you will "free" the players from the obsessive thought of frantically spending fragments until they hit the "roof", since now you have made "tech fragments" as money on par with credits. Keeping that fragments limit useless as for me. It is also worth thinking about increasing the limit in currency, "Medal of Commendation" accumulate faster than other currencies, but there is nowhere to spend it after buying starting items, it might make sense to convert some currency into tech fragments *thinking*. I also find removing RPM-13 and OEM-37 out of activity as terrible idea, change the quantity of "it" if you like but don't remove it at all, otherwise master operations and team ranked pvp will lose all meaning and become content that does not reward hard difficulty. Edited by Benderjedi_

Revert the change in (ground) PvP that only wins count towards the weekly back to losses = 1, wins = 2 and maybe, just maybe, I‘ll jump back into (ground) PvP … because the increase in TFs alone does not convince me to waste my precious time…

Right now GSF is way more fun and rewarding BUT as others have posted already: instead of nerfing the rewards in GSF in general you should reward participation instead… but no, you just swing the big old nerf hammer :mad:

nothing like having to farm 105000 tech frags just for the OEMs and RPMs for 1 single craft, yea much easier to get!

average player will take 4 months to get that much!

Average players dont need gold augs. nobody needs them period. theyre only a 1% crit chance and crit multiplier gain as a dps. havent done the math for healers or tanks yet

Shall we expect to see item-level cap and augments working in PvP again?

This!! I’ve personally posted details in the bug reports section so I won’t say more. But this is very annoying. I hate bolster in PvP because it’s always severely bugged with every new expansion and it takes months to get fixed. Ruins the game for months. There is no need for bolster in PvP at all. Free starter PvP loadout that automatically gets activated in a WZ. Upgrade the pieces in pvp loadout for pvp comms. Boom done. Never a single bolster bug again. No need for two gear sets in inventory because it stays in loadout. Tank / heal role gets a separate loadout that gets activated in WZ based on active combat style. Hire me BW.

Also a big thanks to those who did the math on tech frag requirements for gold augments. I knew gold augs were cost prohibitive and largely out of reach, but I had no idea it was THIS bad. 105 thousand tech frags? LOL. Sorry but now I’m laughing super hard at the drops of 1 tech frag.

The uninformed might look at these changes to increase tech frag drops and be happy, but knowing the details changes things. It’s nowhere near enough. Definitely feels like we are being put on a never ending hamster wheel grind just to keep us occupied because there’s nothing better to do.

Hi everyone,

First, some of you may have noticed that /stuck has been temporarily removed from ranked PvP. This was done to prevent exploitative behavior. We intend on re-enabling /stuck in game update 7.0.2 (will have more details on that when we can share them). Players are utilizing /stuck to receive rewards in unintended ways, so we will be adjusting rewards earned in ranked weeklies to help discourage this behavior but also taking this opportunity to balance rewards in various parts of the game.

With 7.0.2, players can expect the Tech Fragments from [WEEKLY] Go Berserk! to be reduced to 1750 (down from 2000). For those who enjoy playing PvP, rewards for Unranked will be increased (listed later in this post).

While we’re here, we wanted to shed more light on other adjustments that were made to balance rewards players were earning so they feel better rewarded in playing various parts of the game they enjoy. These reward balances will be coming with 7.0.2, but you can see them now on the PTS server.

Improvements to Unranked Weekly Mission Rewards: [WEEKLY] Conspicuous Valor and [WEEKLY] The Spoils of War:

Improvements to Unranked Daily Mission Rewards: [DAILY] March Them Down and [DAILY] No Quarter

We are slightly reducing rewards from Galactic Starfighter so that it is more balanced in comparison to other content in the game. We love seeing players participate in and enjoy Galactic Starfighter, but the current reward amounts are beginning to lead to an increase in players not actively participating in matches.

• Tech Fragments from [WEEKLY] Galactic Starfighter are now 850 (down from 1000)

We’ve read feedback regarding Operations bosses not rewarding enough Tech Fragments and have increased how Tech Fragments are rewarded from them. The further you progress in an Operation the more Tech Fragments will drop from bosses. With a complete Story Mode Operation now granting 2000 Tech Fragments (up from 450). Veteran and Master Modes will also be increased to grant 2500 and 3000 Tech Fragments respectively.

Operations with more or fewer bosses have been balanced to reward an equal amount of Tech Fragments based on their average completion time.

Another change players may have noticed on PTS is that currency names have been updated. These were made to better clarify what content the currencies are related to.

All of this looks really good, especially the increase in tech frags for operations. This should definitely cut down on people exploiting ranked pvp weeklies cause right now it's the only efficient way to get tech frags for legendries. However removing the OEM and RPM materials from weeklies and content is just going to put more strain on the supply of those materials and feed the people who are selling 300 augments for 1.5 billion credits each. That is not fair in the slightest. All I got is 1.4 billion credits saved total for all my characters. I am sure a majority have far, far less. So basically unless the materials are easier to get. The 300 augments are going to be out of 90% of the player base hands. The increase in tech frags from the operations will help and decreasing the cost of the materials from 10k to 5k at the SoW vendor is a big win but it negates the benefit since the vendor is now the only place to get them. Here's a humble suggestion. Make OEM and RPM materials available for HM operations and MM flashpoints. Not just exclusively to NiM and ranked as they were 7.0.1 and before. Now that the iRating is gone for operations and flashpoints. 300 augments are actually useful and needed now like 286 augments were. So if you folks at Bioware can figure out a way to make OEM and RPM drops for HM operations and MM flashpoints. It will surely help the entire playbase out when it comes to the cost of purchasing and crafting 300 augments.

If you really want to make the gold Augments more available to the playerbase then you should do.

1) Every NiM boss drops an OEM for every player. I'd even dare to say have them drop for each player in HM Operations as well.

2) Every Ranked PvP match (or even unranked match) Grants an RPM per player

3) 5k tech frags to purchase them from the vendor.

4) Reduce the amount of materials needed to craft the L33T material. For example: instead of 14 OEM, and 7 RPM's, make it 4 OEM's and 2 RPM's per L33T.

Doing these would make the 300 Augments more available. Doing what you did will just make the demand for the material higher, while the supply will be lower, since people can not get them from content at all. Only from the vendor for 5k each.

Edited by Toraak

While I approve of the lowering of the costs of OEMs and RPMs. However, I disapprove of you removing them from ops/ranked rewards. If your goal is to get more of these into the hands of players, you should be ADDING ways to get these items, not removing them.

Also, as other have said, consider reducing the amount needed to create an augment. If you lowered the cost to 1 OEM, and 2 RPMs per augment, the amount on GTN would skyrocket, and the costs would fall drastically.

Generally good improvements. ADDING rewards is always the best way to go.

Bad idea. Not because I'm particularly fussed about losing 150 tech fragments, that doesn't bother me. More people are queuing GSF because they want the upgrade item box.

No, this is a bad idea because it will solve nothing. People will continue to queue and not participate despite this. The problem here is the same problem as PVP: You're punishing all players on a team for a small number of players. It doesn't matter if I play out of my mind and get 20 kills in a TDM if all my teammates don't bother to try.

The solution remains what it always should have been: You need to reward INDIVIDUAL player performance, NOT team performance. There's a number of ways to do this: Medals, kills, damage, "rank" in the match, or some combination there-of. If a player isn't incapable of getting a single kill or doing more than 10k damage in a single match, I'm sorry, but you should get 0 points towards your daily/weekly. You are not trying. You are not even trying to try. You are a leech. I don't even care if your team won, you did nothing to contribute towards that win, therefore 0 points. On the other hand, if you're getting 10+ kills and well over 50k damage, you should get 2 points, even if your team lost, because you went all out and played well, and deserve to be rewarded for that. And if you're somewhere in between that? 1 point. You tried, you put forth some level of effort, you get a point. The exact numbers here can be adjusted, but you get my point: Reward the players who are actually trying, don't reward those who aren't. It's pretty simple.

And if you're like, "but that'll discourage people from playing GSF", first of all: no, and secondly: no. It'll discourage people from not trying/bothering. It'll discourage people who don't really want to play from queueing in the first place. It will ENCOURAGE players who do want to play to try harder, improve their skills, and get better. Being a better team player will be rewarding, as it should be.

Welp, it looks like Last Boss Lockout exploiting is BACK ON THE MENU, BOYS! Why bother to kill the first four less-tech-frag-giving bosses when you can just kill Karagga and Soa over and over until your eyes bleed? A better solution would have been to give all the bosses the same amount of tech frags (say, 200 per boss for a 5 boss op), and add tech frags to the weekly (say, 1000 tech frags for a 5 boss op), which requires that you kill all 5 bosses in order to complete.

I guess you wanted to encourage last boss lockout exploitation?!?

As usual, you COMPLETELY missed the point. People aren't upset/confused about the currency names. They're upset that the weekly limits are so low and confused why you refuse in increase those values. Increase the weekly cap on MoCs (or I guess CCs now) to 50k (and the same for all the other currencies), and we'll stop complaining about it tomorrow. EZ quals.

Edited by theJudeAbides

OEM and RPM being removed from Nightmare and Ranked drops, will decrease the supply dramaticaly.

Tech fragments are used in gearing and buying materials. People will prefer buying their legendaries and tacticals.

So if your goal is really to make golden augments more accessible, you either need to drastically reduce the price of Legendaries or keep the materials dropping in their respective content.

Hard disagree. There are far more people who run content to get tech frags and will be able to pick them up for the reduced price than there ever were people who regularly did Nim/MM or Ranked. While, yes, leaving the Nim/MM and ranked rewards in would add to the supply, that will be drastically out shadowed by regular players being able to pick up a component after a couple sm ops or a bit of unranked and gsf.

The only people this harms are the ranked and nim/mm players who relied on the difficulty to get these to set the price.

Edited by Soldekai

Christ all mighty, have you actually read that back to yourselves and thought it's a good idea, we will literally have to grind to 1.5mil tech frags for one set of gold augs, the prices will skyrocket taking out the mats as rewards for doing Ranked and Nim, Just make OEM's and RPM's purchasable with Medals of Commendations instead of tech frags, that decrease prices on the GTN make it easier for us to obtainplus it means we will spend MoC's, You're taking away the incentive to do end game stuff, it's going to have the opposite effect on what you're trying to achieve smh

Average players dont need gold augs. nobody needs them period. theyre only a 1% crit chance and crit multiplier gain as a dps. havent done the math for healers or tanks yet

People don't need to play the game. So in reality, nobody needs any augments. If the object is to keep people who want them from getting them, then maybe they should just stop letting people play the game.

Short of that. What's wrong with making it easier for people who want them to get them?