Changes to rewards for PvP, GSF, and Operations

BryantWood

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's no excuse for being a freeloading leech.

But yes, other content needs to be as rewarding for sure.

A freeloading leech? Is that really how you see players going after the easiest rewards?

Edit: I see, nevermind. You were referencing the AFKers.

Edited by cjmarsh

Unless the number of mats needed to craft a CM-1337 is changed, crafting gold augments will become even harder. Currently, you need 7 OEM and 14 RPM to craft a CM-1337 for a total of 21 mats. If each mat cost 5K Tech frags, with no other way of getting it, you ware looking at a cost of 105K Tech frags to craft ONE augment. It would take upwards of 52 Story mode operations to craft one augment. Sure you can get lucky and crit, but I would imagine you would need to craft 8-10 CM-1337 to get a full set of 14 augments.

We are looking at a ridiculous amount of tech frags for augments. I would say, somewhere in the range of 20K-30K tech frags would be a reasonable amount to craft one CM-1337.

Currently running NiM OPs I can pick up 1-2 OEM per week. I can then sell the spare ones to buy RPMs. Meaning, I am not spending too much tech frags.

FIX the darn MERCENARIES,

they throwing cucumbers and grills to the enemy

You ruined this class completely !!!!!

I think they are working the way that the devs want them to unfortunately.

Improvements to Unranked Weekly Mission Rewards: [WEEKLY] Conspicuous Valor and [WEEKLY] The Spoils of War:

• WZ-1 Accelerants are now 110 (up from 55)
  • Tech Fragments are now 1500 (up from 450)
  • Daily Matrices are now 20 ( up from 8)

Improvements to Unranked Daily Mission Rewards: [DAILY] March Them Down and [DAILY] No Quarter

• Tech Fragments are now 150 (up from 75)

Slight Reductions to Starfighter Rewards:

We are slightly reducing rewards from Galactic Starfighter so that it is more balanced in comparison to other content in the game. We love seeing players participate in and enjoy Galactic Starfighter, but the current reward amounts are beginning to lead to an increase in players not actively participating in matches.

• Tech Fragments from [WEEKLY] Galactic Starfighter are now 850 (down from 1000)

There are a couple misunderstandings here. It looks like you're trying to incentivize certain types of play, but you're going about it in a really bad way.

There are fewer PvP players because maps don't get updated and losses don't count towards progression.. meaning a player could play for hours and progress ZERO towards the weekly, making it (1) a waste of time and (2) monotonous.. By increasing the number of weekly rewards, you solved neither (1) nor (2).

Make losses count towards progression and more people will PvP. Update some new maps and more people will PvP. I think I might be interested in trying PvP again if fragments went up to 3K or 4k fragments per weekly. and chests had a chance to contain crafting mats. Anything less than that and the zero progression chances kill it for me.

Likewise your changes to GSF won't adjust behavior.. 850 (down from 1000) is still the highest source of fragments you can earn while AFK. The easiest method to fix AFK is a contribution timer. I don't think anyone who actually plays, even snipers and campers go five consecutive minutes a match without contributing. make an auto kick mechanism.

There are a couple misunderstandings here. It looks like you're trying to incentivize certain types of play, but you're going about it in a really bad way.

There are fewer PvP players because maps don't get updated and losses don't count towards progression.. meaning a player could play for hours and progress ZERO towards the weekly, making it (1) a waste of time and (2) monotonous.. By increasing the number of weekly rewards, you solved neither (1) nor (2).

Make losses count towards progression and more people will PvP. Update some new maps and more people will PvP. I think I might be interested in trying PvP again if fragments went up to 3K or 4k fragments per weekly. and chests had a chance to contain crafting mats. Anything less than that and the zero progression chances kill it for me.

Likewise your changes to GSF won't adjust behavior.. 850 (down from 1000) is still the highest source of fragments you can earn while AFK. The easiest method to fix AFK is a contribution timer. I don't think anyone who actually plays, even snipers and campers go five consecutive minutes a match without contributing. make an auto kick mechanism.

Yep.

Weeklies for both should be about medals IMO. Not a perfect solution but you wouldn't be able to afk it out - but ALL medals should count in GSF, so that new players can still get it done.

Tech Fragments from [WEEKLY] Go Berserk! to be reduced to 1750 (down from 2000).

Tech Fragments from [WEEKLY] Galactic Starfighter are now 850 (down from 1000)

Why no increase in tech fragments from heroic weeklies?

Why no reduction in the insane amount of tech frags needed for implants/implant upgrades? It would be nice to not have to constantly swap gear between alts, but these implants are CRAZY expensive.

How about making tacticals and fully upgraded implants collection/legacy items?

• Dev Post

Hey Community!

We appreciate the feedback, concerns, and suggestions you’ve posted in response to this thread. I wanted to jump in to address some feedback as well as provide information on additional changes we’ve been working on.

The original post will be updated with everything I’m listing below.

First let’s talk about some points of feedback we’ll be addressing. We hear your concerns about last boss lockout farming in Operations as well as the high requirements of OEM-37 and RPM-13 to create CM-1337, so here are the adjustments we’ll be making.

Reduction to CM-1337 component costs and requirements:

• The required OEM-37 and RPM-13 to create a CM-1337 has been reduced to 5 OEM-37 and 5 RPM-13 (down from 7 OEM-37 and 14 RPM-13).
  • The cost of OEM-37 and RPM-13 on the Spoils of War vendor has been reduced to 4,000 (down from 5,000 previously and 10,000 originally)

This reduces the total Tech Fragment cost of an Augment to 40,000 Tech Fragments. This is more expensive than upgrading your Legendary Implants as we do want players to focus on their Implants and gear before pursuing Augments.

Last Boss Operations farming

We’re going to make some adjustments to reduce the pressure for players to farm the final boss only. The new Tech Fragments values per boss are listed below.

Story Mode Operations

Boss 1: 150 Tech Fragments

Boss 2: 300 Tech Fragments

Boss 3: 500 Tech Fragments

Boss 4: 500 Tech Fragments

Boss 5: 550 Tech Fragments

Total: 2000 Tech Fragments

Veteran Mode Operations

Boss 1: 200 Tech Fragments

Boss 2: 450 Tech Fragments

Boss 3: 600 Tech Fragments

Boss 4: 600 Tech Fragments

Boss 5: 650 Tech Fragments

Total: 2500 Tech Fragments

Master Mode Operations

Boss 1: 225 Tech Fragments

Boss 2: 450 Tech Fragments

Boss 3: 750 Tech Fragments

Boss 4: 750 Tech Fragments

Boss 5: 825 Tech Fragments

Total: 3000 Tech Fragments

These adjustments keep the total Tech Fragments the same as previously stated.

We’ve also been working on more rewards adjustments that we’re now ready to share with you all. So let’s get into the new adjustments!

Tech Fragment Increases for Solo Players:

• Random World Drops of Tech Fragments and other endgame currencies will no longer be single currency drops, we’ll be introducing bags of individual currency. These bags will be consumed as soon as they are looted and the currencies will go to your currency tab. If you are already at the currency cap these bags will be consumed and no currency will be granted.
  • The amounts in bags we’re targeting are: 20 Tech Frags, 10 Conquest Commendations, and 5 for WZ-1 Accelerant, OP-1 Catalyst, FP-1 Stabilizer, and Daily Matrices.
  • Tech Fragments rewarded from individual Daily Area and Heroic Missions increased to 30 (up from 10)
  • Tech Fragments rewarded from the Personal Conquest goal increased to 500 (up from 250)
  • Players will be able to exchange extra Conquest Commendations directly for Tech Fragments at the Spoils of War vendor at a rate of 50 Conquest Commendations for 50 Tech Fragments.

Adjustments to Conquest Commendations

Hearing your feedback and evaluating currencies on our end, we’ve found players are hitting the currency cap on Conquest Commendations well before other currencies. To help this we’ll be making some adjustments:

• The currency cap of Conquest Commendations will be raised to 2500 (up from 999)
  • The weekly cap of Conquest Commendations will be raised to 1500 (up from 999)
  • As mentioned above, Conquest Commendations will be exchangeable for Tech Fragments at the Spoils of War Vendor

Allowing progress on losses for Unranked Warzones

We want our PvP queues and matches to be healthy, so we’re going to be modifying Unranked Warzone missions to allow players to progress even if the match is lost. We took a look at the average completion time of Unranked Warzones compared to Galactic Starfighter matches, and arrived at three losses equal to one win for progression.

The following Missions will allow progress on loss (Wins will count 3x):

• [DAILY] Zero Tolerance
  • [DAILY] March Them Down
  • [WEEKLY] The Spoils of War
  • [DAILY] United We Stand
  • [DAILY] No Quarter
  • [WEEKLY] Conspicuous Valor
  • [WEEKLY] The War Front

These additional changes will be coming out with our 7.0.2 update.

Tech Fragment Increases for Solo Players:

• Random World Drops of Tech Fragments and other endgame currencies will no longer be single currency drops, we’ll be introducing bags of individual currency. These bags will be consumed as soon as they are looted and the currencies will go to your currency tab. If you are already at the currency cap these bags will be consumed and no currency will be granted.
  • The amounts in bags we’re targeting are: 20 Tech Frags, 10 Conquest Commendations, and 5 for WZ-1 Accelerant, OP-1 Catalyst, FP-1 Stabilizer, and Daily Matrices.
  • Tech Fragments rewarded from individual Daily Area and Heroic Missions increased to 30 (up from 10)
  • Tech Fragments rewarded from the Personal Conquest goal increased to 500 (up from 250)
  • Players will be able to exchange extra Conquest Commendations directly for Tech Fragments at the Spoils of War vendor at a rate of 50 Conquest Commendations for 50 Tech Fragments.

Adjustments to Conquest Commendations

Hearing your feedback and evaluating currencies on our end, we’ve found players are hitting the currency cap on Conquest Commendations well before other currencies. To help this we’ll be making some adjustments:

• The currency cap of Conquest Commendations will be raised to 2500 (up from 999)
  • The weekly cap of Conquest Commendations will be raised to 1500 (up from 999)
  • As mentioned above, Conquest Commendations will be exchangeable for Tech Fragments at the Spoils of War Vendor

We want our PvP queues and matches to be healthy, so we’re going to be modifying Unranked Warzone missions to allow players to progress even if the match is lost. We took a look at the average completion time of Unranked Warzones compared to Galactic Starfighter matches, and arrived at three losses equal to one win for progression.

• [DAILY] Zero Tolerance
  • [DAILY] March Them Down
  • [WEEKLY] The Spoils of War
  • [DAILY] United We Stand
  • [DAILY] No Quarter
  • [WEEKLY] Conspicuous Valor
  • [WEEKLY] The War Front

These additional changes will be coming out with our 7.0.2 update.

I, and I cannot stress this enough as a solo player, THANK YOU!!!!! :D I'm hoping the next bit of good news for soloers involves story...;)

Edited by Sarova

Overall these are good changes, but Tech Fragments are still too much of a roadblock especially for players who have alts they want to gear with Legendary Implants.

I Operations tank on my main, and Operations heal on my alt. My tank runs more often and does harder content on average, so I have to put all my available resources to gearing him first. This has left my Healer lagging seriously behind for the content the Ops team he is on wants to do. And half that team are alts, so the whole team is being slowed down by this road block.

People play alts a lot in this game, it was a big part of the replay value, at least through Shadow of Revan which was the last story we could play with friends. BioWare needs to do better taking alts into account when they create their loot progression systems. It really feels like BioWare forgot about alts entirely in this expansion.

As a solo player, THANK YOU!!!

Also really great news about the pvp changes, hopefully it won't cause an influx of afk players though (I still think that it should be medals and not matches that count for weeklies).

Overall these are good changes, but Tech Fragments are still too much of a roadblock especially for players who have alts they want to gear with Legendary Implants.

I Operations tank on my main, and Operations heal on my alt. My tank runs more often and does harder content on average, so I have to put all my available resources to gearing him first. This has left my Healer lagging seriously behind for the content the Ops team he is on wants to do. And half that team are alts, so the whole team is being slowed down by this road block.

People play alts a lot in this game, it was a big part of the replay value, at least through Shadow of Revan which was the last story we could play with friends. BioWare needs to do better taking alts into account when they create their loot progression systems. It really feels like BioWare forgot about alts entirely in this expansion.

I wish we could buy duplicates for a fraction of the tech fragment cost. But I suppose I'll start getting legendaries for my alt once I'm done getting the current ones to 330...

Edited by Pricia

This sounds like a good change. I'll give it a chance and try it out to see if 3 to 1 seems like the right ratio for me.

Brilliant, now can we get augments and crystals working in PvP again? That'd be the last of it on my list.

Unless you guys wanna fix the reskins from 6.0, all reskins were made of kell dragon for classes minus warrior. Not sure why warrior got singled out.

[*]Players will be able to exchange extra Conquest Commendations directly for Tech Fragments at the Spoils of War vendor at a rate of 50 Conquest Commendations for 50 Tech Fragments.

This is a good idea and is another good reason for you to remove the weekly cap on commendations so that people can take full advantage of it.

By maintaining the cap, you are artificially reducing the benefit that we could see from this change, and make the change practically meaningless.

Edited by Exly

This is a good idea and is another good reason for you to remove the weekly cap on commendations so that people can take full advantage of it.

By maintaining the cap, you are artificially reducing the benefit that we could see from this change, and make the change preictally meaningless.

Really, the sign of a dying MMO is too many currencies. It is a good idea to let you trade currencies, but really, ALL currencies should be exchangable, and once you've done that, you realize you only need 1 currency. Then the MMO becomes simpler and returns to playable.

Really, the sign of a dying MMO is too many currencies. It is a good idea to let you trade currencies, but really, ALL currencies should be exchangable, and once you've done that, you realize you only need 1 currency. Then the MMO becomes simpler and returns to playable.

Good point. Having only one currency might also help with the game's credit inflation issue.