Changes and New Features in 7.0

EricMusco

If you can't manage to get the weapon outfitter to work, and you can't allow us to even mod our existing weapons to upgrade them to 318 and above, CANCEL THE UPDATE.

I do not want to carry around some fugly-arsed lightsaber when I've spent hundreds of dollars on this game to unlock all the weapons and other items I like. The vendor 318 double lightsaber looks like crap.

Double irony because GS2 will give us new weapons that we can't use too!

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

Quick update on one of the features slated to launch with Legacy of the Sith; Weapons being added to Outfitter. Unfortunately, this feature will not be shipping alongside the expansion and instead will be coming in Game Update 7.1.

We have made this decision due to the feature not being ready for PTS testing this week; it is important to us that we get your thoughts on it before it goes in-game, especially since we know how excited everyone is to see it come to life in SWTOR (as are we!). You shouldn’t have to wait too long before seeing it though! Our goal is to get 7.1’s PTS started in February; we're currently targeting the week before, or the week after 7.0’s launch.

Thank you for your patience. We know you are just as eager as we are to enjoy this added level of character customization!

-eric

This is pretty bad**. I would rather see a delay in 7.0 launching rather than this, especially as dozens of us fed back it wasn't working. What this effectively means is that none of us will be able to use our BOUGHT CM WEAPONS without significantly affecting our gearing until they fix the problem. There's no guarantee it will be fixed in 7.1 (and we've no idea when 7.1 will be). The only other alternative is to use our CM weapons with the lower level mods BUT reduce our gear because of it, since 318 weapons or above do not contain any mods we can transfer to our weapons.

PLEASE CONSIDER ADDING A VENDOR WITH LEVEL 318 (and higher) mods we can use for our CM weapons OR put mods in all the 318 (and higher weapons) that we can remove and use until this issue is fixed.

**I'm waiting for the next disaster announcement that tells us loadouts won't be fixed either. That will most likely be a rage-quit scenario for a lot of people.

This expansion at launch has:

-No new daily areas

-No new operation

-No weapons in appearance designer

-Nothing for PVP

-Nothing for GSF

-No new crafting

-No actual new combat styles, just the ability to swap between two old ones

-No new strongholds

-No new species

Well put, but you forgot:

-No ability to change primary combat style for tech classes or to non mirror force classes

-Removal of the DvL bosses until some time in the future with no date in sight

Now, in all fairness to BW-A, we are getting a series of new stronghold decorations based on screenshots obtained by the players.

Edited by phalczen

I have been, in many ways, looking forward to this set of changes overall.

Sure, it does simplify some things... but yes, presenting it cross platform (come on, that is obvious) and to new players who get confused... well, ok. Fine. can get behind that.

Simplifying the gearing system, removing RNG completely? Admirable. With EA's biggest sin having been loot box gaming, this removal of all loot RNG is a great idea.

But removing our ability to have the ONE thing this game TRULY offers everyone who plays?

Space Barbies IS the endgame! Style, how we look, is ALL WE SPEND ON THE CM. Think about that! why would we buy new items if we cant even see them? If we feel we look bad we will definitely lose interest. Just as when we see a new look we SHOW interest... with our wallets.

Delay until outfitters for weapons, covering up those fugly generics WORKS. We can wait.

Do it right or not at all.

At this point I no longer feel disappointment in 7.0, I just pity the Bioware staff. I can't imagine any of them plan on putting this on their resumes. This has been a shockingly bad cluster f*ck when it was supposed to be a grand 10 year celebration. They've been hyping it for what, a couple of years or more? But what we've seen on the PTS is a skimpy, buggy, poorly designed mess.

So for the actual 10 year anniversary, we got a rerun of the 9 year anniversary. The actual "expansion" is nothing to be proud of. The content and QoL improvements we keep getting told are ever so exciting are very few and mostly significant downgrades. The few real features we have/had to look forward to have been buggy messes, and now a big one has been delayed even further. I'm really curious as to what in 7.0 they thought players would like beyond a bit of story, combat styles, loadouts and weapons in the designer?

If I were Bioware, I'd be trying to do some damage control, but they haven't been. When do they anticipate 7.1? (I've seen people expecting 7.1 in March!) Are they anticipating having weapons in the designer by then or has it been delayed indefinitely? How many patches before non-NiM raiders can modify gear? What are all the other exciting additions Keith was alluding to, and when can we expect them? Are they really going to be things that players will find exciting, or are they really just more empty marketing hype for changes no one wanted in the first place?

At this point I no longer feel disappointment in 7.0, I just pity the Bioware staff. I can't imagine any of them plan on putting this on their resumes. This has been a shockingly bad cluster f*ck when it was supposed to be a grand 10 year celebration. They've been hyping it for what, a couple of years or more? But what we've seen on the PTS is a skimpy, buggy, poorly designed mess.

So for the actual 10 year anniversary, we got a rerun of the 9 year anniversary. The actual "expansion" is nothing to be proud of. The content and QoL improvements we keep getting told are ever so exciting are very few and mostly significant downgrades. The few real features we have/had to look forward to have been buggy messes, and now a big one has been delayed even further. I'm really curious as to what in 7.0 they thought players would like beyond a bit of story, combat styles, loadouts and weapons in the designer?

If I were Bioware, I'd be trying to do some damage control, but they haven't been. When do they anticipate 7.1? (I've seen people expecting 7.1 in March!) Are they anticipating having weapons in the designer by then or has it been delayed indefinitely? How many patches before non-NiM raiders can modify gear? What are all the other exciting additions Keith was alluding to, and when can we expect them? Are they really going to be things that players will find exciting, or are they really just more empty marketing hype for changes no one wanted in the first place?

"Keep your expectations low and you'll never be disappointed." - Kratos, Dad of Boy

Edited by GeneralGyro

Quick solution to the problem that is mutually beneficial. I hope one out of all 5 people working on this already came up with it.

Make barrel, mod and enhancement- weapon specific as it used to be before. You can't put it in any other slot like legs, head etc. Both sides will be happy. Players will still get to use their cartel market, gs2 weapons as intended and devs will have more time to fix this mess.

It's that simple.

Quick solution to the problem that is mutually beneficial. I hope one out of all 5 people working on this already came up with it.

Make barrel, mod and enhancement- weapon specific as it used to be before. You can't put it in any other slot like legs, head etc. Both sides will be happy. Players will still get to use their cartel market, gs2 weapons as intended and devs will have more time to fix this mess.

It's that simple.

Youre forgetting the dual wielding classes

It's that simple.

In my experience, people that say "it's that simple" really have no idea how simple it is to actually code in a game.

Hey folks,

Quick update on one of the features slated to launch with Legacy of the Sith; Weapons being added to Outfitter. Unfortunately, this feature will not be shipping alongside the expansion and instead will be coming in Game Update 7.1.

We have made this decision due to the feature not being ready for PTS testing this week; it is important to us that we get your thoughts on it before it goes in-game, especially since we know how excited everyone is to see it come to life in SWTOR (as are we!). You shouldn’t have to wait too long before seeing it though! Our goal is to get 7.1’s PTS started in February; we're currently targeting the week before, or the week after 7.0’s launch.

Thank you for your patience. We know you are just as eager as we are to enjoy this added level of character customization!

-eric

What a great anniversary celebration!

In my experience, people that say "it's that simple" really have no idea how simple it is to actually code in a game.

Speaking generally, I would say it's difficult to judge without knowing what the given codebase looks like. Sometimes something as simple-sounding as "click a button and a window pops up" is a library feature in one case and needs to be done by hand in another case. You can discern somewhat though based on what is already there. For example, it would probably be reasonable to assume they have in-house tools for helping create quests, that they don't program it all by hand, as components of it seem fairly uniform in their structure.

Incidentally, going a little off topic here, but this is why it confuses me that the cartel bazaar vendors have had stuff that doesn't unlock properly in collections for so long. I'd think they can just make a list of which are broken and replace the listings with the version of the item that comes from past packs or CM direct sales, whichever it originated from. And if it never did, copy the data structure of an item with the new properties that unlocks properly and use it as a template, changing its appearance, etc., to that of the item that needs updating. But this is guessing their item infrastructure looks like a straightforward data structure and that may be wrong, idk.

The best part of the expansion has been the delay.

This has been a pet theory of mine, actually...

I had a professor in college that assigned WAY too much homework projects. Most avoided his class entirely due to this reputation. But he had this move... he would usually extend the deadline about a day before it was due. This allowed him to suddenly be the "good guy", even though the pile of work came from him. (he was among the best teachers I had, despite this)

Maybe 7.0 is just intended to scare people? Then, when BW delays release date... they are the heroes! It could even be used as extortion at some point: "Buy more CC or we will RELEASE THE EXPANSION!!!"

It would help to explain just how bad the design is for this "expansion".

anyways... /remove_tinfoil_hat

Swtor is going from bad to worse, and its been happening in the last two years or after Onslaught.

I think we are looking at the last droplets of $$$$ to the game.

But sincerely, if you have not enough funds, do not give us stuff that not even 1% really ask for i.e Combat Styles.

Swtor has over the years became an Alt-Making MMO of sorts.

Loadouts on the other hand is good feature, who many have asked for since launch (dual spec).

The only thing that your players really want is content and some of us are getting very little. Depends which part of the game we like.

1. One Operation in two years plus.

2. No new PvP content.

3. Little to nothing balancing.

The story part and considering the 3 FPs we got was okay but beyond that 6 was very poor.

Considering how Keith did in his first year of Swtor (5.9, .10 where possible among the best updates of the game of all time) this was very poor. Ok we had Covid and all, but Swtor really looks at the end of its lifetime.

It is a pity I will feel sad when the games closes (i have played since launch and subbed for nine years plus more ore less), but at least we got 10 years plus of it, considering many deemed it dead just months after it opened.

If the game wants to exists it is really doing everything wrong, with some sort of magic trick always trying to take a rabbit out of the hat, and for us when the expansion launches to discover, how real that rabbit actually is.

The truth is that In MMO there is no real secret to flourish, the only thing that people actually want is content, and at the moment BW is giving very little of that and hiding it with useless stuff as Combat Styles.

Edited by limenutpen

Have you guys added any wanted features for 7.0? Trying to keep my community updated but so far the list looks like:

Downgrades to:

- Abilities, Utilities, Stats, Gearing, PvP, & Planetary Content.

And the wanted features:

- Weapon Slot in Outfitter

- Working Loadouts

- Operations

The Flashpoint was universally hated on the Video, as in it was decided it'd be more fun solo'ing Colocoid War Games.

And while we want Story content, this lets do the try to be mysterious dragon age/fenris/dread wolf rehash isn't cutting it. Then again KotFE/Iokath broke the story so... Short of another time displacement not sure how you could fix it.

But I'm genuinely not sure what positive is in 7.0 at all as stands? If anyone can constructively outline some of the good things so I can share it with my more optimistic members I'd appreciate it. I just literally can't find anything good to tell em and I hate only having bad news.

And while we want Story content, this lets do the try to be mysterious dragon age/fenris/dread wolf rehash isn't cutting it.

I am not sure what you mean by that...

But I'm just excited about new story and being able to switch my force users to the appropriate alignment spec.

And the new mounts in GS2. Don't care for much of the other rewards (the guns are ok I guess).

By the time we get most of them we'll be close to 7.1 though...

They have been clear that 7.1 will not bring mods for the majority of players. To access the mod vendor we will need ilvl 334 from the HM operation. So best case is 7.2 for the rest of us, so maybe August?

They have been clear that 7.1 will not bring mods for the majority of players. To access the mod vendor we will need ilvl 334 from the HM operation. So best case is 7.2 for the rest of us, so maybe August?

weapons in the outfit designer should work in 7.1... so we are told :)

Which is why a bunch of people like myself will unsub till then. Sadly, I don’t think the game can afford to lose many paying players till the middle of the year and beyond. It’s possible this will eat into EAs profit margins enough that they may even consider shuttering the game by the end of the year.

Bioware really have made some major blunders here that is going to negatively impact their own revenue stream. First they’ve pissed off enough players with their ability pruning, removing moddable gear and nerfing conquest to impact the subscriber base. But they’ve also F’d up the weapons outfitter so that people won’t be buying anymore CM weapons till at least 7.1.

This whole debacle is such a big Bioware “own goal”. If they lose revenue, I won’t be at all surprised if EA pull even more funding or decide to close some servers or even shutter the game early because it’s not making enough profit as a percentage for their shareholders.