Master Loot Change with 6.3.2

CommunityTeam

Here is a request to the DEV's to make a change with 6.3.2.

Please add the Apex Predator armor set to the Bounty Hunter/Trooper vendor.

It has been almost 2 years since 6.0 launched that this set has not been obtainable from a vendor (other then the few times a year that a piece is available from Kai), and over a year since the Apex Predator set became the main needed DPS set for arsenal/gunnery after update 6.1.2 when the Concentrated Fire set was nerfed.

With the end of the content cycle just a few months away, could the DEV's please throw merc/mando players a bone and let this set be available to buy from the vendor. There is no reason what so ever that it should still be an exclusive OP or RNG crate only drop.

Go farther then this and add ALL of the Dxun sets to the vendor. Since a Dev in an interview said these sets will not work at level 80. It's past time they were all put on the vendors including the Master Mode versions, so people can finish off the achievements before the expansion.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go farther then this and add ALL of the Dxun sets to the vendor. Since a Dev in an interview said these sets will not work at level 80. It's past time they were all put on the vendors including the Master Mode versions, so people can finish off the achievements before the expansion.

100000000% this

Meh, didn't mind it too much in WoW, probably wont mind it in SWTOR... Especially if they don't add that stupid "upgrades are untradeable" catch. I don't care if it's a personal upgrade, maybe I am considerate enough to want to give it to someone else who may need it more?

I'd say just disable it in GF FP/Uprisings (do ppl do uprisings?) and SM ops... just to save new players from ninja looting. Maybe increase the sys msg warning that it's been set to that if you want to.

And, for the same reason, block swapping to master looter in combat... which should have always been a thing.

Done, fixed.

Was going to say the same.

Block the loot system once you enter in combat and allow only the party leader to select it.

Job done, problem solved.

Cause i get what the problem is. The problem is espec when people do battlemaster or dreadtooth that they want to be sure that a pug doesn't steal the loot. Lot of people (screenshot proves it) just change the loot in master when they are close to kill the boss, so nobody notice and they ninjaloot (many names, many screens of this practice).

For fixing it, you didn't need to take it away at all, but just do as i suggested. Job done, lot of problems fixed.

Then i can see the second problem of this. "oh i get into a fp and the party leader blocks the loot so i cannot loot that deco that i needed for my sh". There is an ignore list for it :D

This is a great change and I think most of the people who are upset over it have absolutely no idea what personal loot is.

Everyone is going to get a piece of gear now, based on their disc. How is that a bad thing?

its not a bad thing, and this will build into 7.0 gearing system as well which makes it even better, a big part of the dislike seems to come from people used to being ops leader and loving to be able to assign loot to people they want or themselves instead of letting everyone get an equal chance to get the item

Hi everyone,

We wanted to let you all know about an upcoming change that will be happening with Patch 6.3.2.

Currently, SWTOR has a Master Loot option which allows the party leader to choose who receives each gear piece and a Group Loot option where gear must be rolled on by members of the party and highest roll wins. This has led to unwanted friction during the loot process, so we are working to build an efficient process that removes this type of negative player experience and potentially harmful behaviors. In order to achieve this, we will be removing the Master Loot system to bring us closer to what we are calling the Personal Loot system.

This means that gear you get will go directly into your inventory. No more rolling, no more choosing who wins items. Part of our modernization efforts include improving the loot experience for all players. We know there are groups who used the Master Loot system to distribute gear. We want to reassure you that with these changes gear will still remain tradeable within your group for 2 hours and chat logs will still record who gear was given to.

We took a first step towards Personal Loot during the Onslaught expansion where gear was given based on your discipline. This has worked well, promoted a healthy player experience, and we want to continue building upon this system. Patch 6.3.2 will be the next step along that path as we move towards our 10th anniversary.

6.3.2 is currently targeted for end of the month/early September.

And yet another thing that gets fixed, that didn't need to be fixed.

The loot system worked fine for the past 10 years. Why on earth do you feel the need to fix, what ain't broken!?

All arguments have already been made. There are simply quite a few occasions where Master loot system is desperately needed and wanted. And yet, you remove it, without thinking through things.

Do you guys desperately want the game to die? You are doing everything to drive the remaining old players away with 7.0.

Edited by OdinStormblade

... will still remain tradeable within your group for 2 hours and chat logs will still record who gear was given to. ...

thank you for only making the Game a bit worse instead of turning it into a single Player Game with online features.

Collectively punishing all Players for the "friction" a handful of bad Apples created is not improving the Game in any way.

If you see it as an actual problem, give us a:

"the Group-leader wants to change the Loot rules to Master looter"

Accept, Decline

[ ] don't show again if the lead is on my Friendslist

[ ] don't show again.

let's cut a deal:

* you implement whatever Lootrules you want.

* you improve the inventory Management UI with robust Filters and a Search Feature that includes all Banks and Characters and all Banks of those characters and all command stashes and all unclaimed Cartel Market.

that would reduce my friction with the game far better then whatever /Ignore can handle just fine already.

have fun

• Dev Post

Hi all,

Wanted to answer some of the initial questions that came in when we made the first post about the Master Loot change.

Just to confirm, this only affects gear, everything else like decorations, mounts, pets, crafting materials and so on which can drop from content will still be decided via roll?

This will affect everything.

Does this mean that loot is completely distributed randomly and need to be traded thereafter? For example, the nightmare mounts (Wings of the Architect, etc.) will go directly to one player's inventory and need to be traded thereafter?

That is correct.

What happens in case the inventory of the player who is intended receive such loot is full?

Same as the current system. It will stay lootable and the player will have to clear their inventory to loot.

What about unique items such as Crest of the Dread Master?

We will be adjusting the Loot system to such that Unique items can only be given to members of the party that don't already have it. If all members of the party have the Unique item, it will not drop.

What about decorations which currently cannot be traded after someone receives it (Dxun decorations, one of the Izax decorations)?

We are investigating these decorations to ensure they have the 2 hour tradeable loot timer. This will not be in 6.3.2, but we are looking to adjust in a future patch.

Hi all,

Wanted to answer some of the initial questions that came in when we made the first post about the Master Loot change.

[/color]

Will we ever see an increase to listing items on the GTN say to the credit cap because we know that some items are now worth beyond with what the gtn can list an item for.

Hi all,

Just to confirm, this only affects gear, everything else like decorations, mounts, pets, crafting materials and so on which can drop from content will still be decided via roll?

Does this mean that loot is completely distributed randomly and need to be traded thereafter? For example, the nightmare mounts (Wings of the Architect, etc.) will go directly to one player's inventory and need to be traded thereafter?

That is correct.

What happens in case the inventory of the player who is intended receive such loot is full?

Same as the current system. It will stay lootable and the player will have to clear their inventory to loot.

We will be adjusting the Loot system to such that Unique items can only be given to members of the party that don't already have it. If all members of the party have the Unique item, it will not drop.

What about decorations which currently cannot be traded after someone receives it (Dxun decorations, one of the Izax decorations)?

We are investigating these decorations to ensure they have the 2 hour tradeable loot timer. This will not be in 6.3.2, but we are looking to adjust in a future patch.

Thank you for the clarifications. How will Set Pieces and Tacticals be handled? Will they be randomly distributed to all members of the group or directed only to characters whose class can use them?

Hi all,

That is correct.

In other words, you're taking away from us a fair system (Master looter with the in-group /roll feature to be sure there's a fair roll and those who don't need it just abstain from rolling) in favor of a back end roll that just assumes a player wanted that item to begin with???

In my experience, groups that run with Master Looter are THE MOST FAIR groups. The group leader makes certain the loot is distributed fairly by /roll. We can all see the roll, there is no NEED roll to mess up the greed rolls, and everyone is more or less happy with the result. The ONLY time I've EVER seen anyone not happy with Master Looter is when it's a Commander on a PvP instance and the person who arranges the pug to kill the commander doesn't end up having a roll for the framework. Even then, most pugs understand when a group leader does that, it's usually because they need the framework for their flagship.

As far as Operations pugs go, Loot is not fought over much anymore and when it is, it's because someone got petty. Much of the community is pretty chill over it...until they have the ability to choose wiped away from them! Stop taking these choices from us!

Honestly, if ANY of the loot settings needs to go, it's NEED!! Get rid of that already!

back end roll that just assumes a player wanted that item to begin with???

^ this is my main complaint about the system. Get rid of master looter, sure, but leave us the option to 'pass' on items we don't want. Currently I pass or greed on almost all group items in flashpoints, and having them drop in my inventory automatically will mean I'll end up destroying or vendoring items someone else could have actually used.

Yes, ideally you can trade within the group, but will take a lot more effort that what we're doing right now in the game (pass on loot we don't want with one click). With automatic rolls everyone will have to scroll through all that text to see who got what, figure out if they wanted something, and then have group discussions about potential trades.

... then the actual trade has to be made once everyone is in agreement. I really don't plan to stay in a group after a 20 minute group-finder fp has finished to spend 5 to 10 more minutes juggling gear with other players.

Leave some system so we can 'pass' on loot we don't want. Otherwise this will be a downgrade to the current loot system as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for the advance notice. As a raid leader, I've made plenty use of master looter and loot council before but I can understand that MMOs have evolved to emphasize personal loot. On the German servers, we never had a lot of problems with ninja looters but I can understand that the concerns of more casual players weigh higher than the concerns of progression raiders.

Outside of some FUD from players who don't understand the changes, I think removing master loot and need/greed rolling is fine.

I agree that going forward, groups will be more likely to run content with fewer players instead of taking along a random player; it's safer to run with a guild-only group where you can always trade the loot, instead of risking that the random player gets the loot and refuses to trade it.

Therefore, I wouldn't be opposed to removing trading within the two hour window entirely - e.g. for Dread Master Brontes, instead of having a guaranteed drop of one Wings of the Architect per group, going forward it could be a 1/8 = 12.5% chance per player. This would remove all potential for loot drama, with the downside of reduced player agency. I'd expect players to quickly internalize and adapt to the new loot system. But I also don't see a huge issue if trading stays enabled.

Edited by Jerba

Hi everyone,

We wanted to let you all know about an upcoming change that will be happening with Patch 6.3.2.

Currently, SWTOR has a Master Loot option which allows the party leader to choose who receives each gear piece and a Group Loot option where gear must be rolled on by members of the party and highest roll wins. This has led to unwanted friction during the loot process, so we are working to build an efficient process that removes this type of negative player experience and potentially harmful behaviors. In order to achieve this, we will be removing the Master Loot system to bring us closer to what we are calling the Personal Loot system.

This means that gear you get will go directly into your inventory. No more rolling, no more choosing who wins items. Part of our modernization efforts include improving the loot experience for all players. We know there are groups who used the Master Loot system to distribute gear. We want to reassure you that with these changes gear will still remain tradeable within your group for 2 hours and chat logs will still record who gear was given to.

We took a first step towards Personal Loot during the Onslaught expansion where gear was given based on your discipline. This has worked well, promoted a healthy player experience, and we want to continue building upon this system. Patch 6.3.2 will be the next step along that path as we move towards our 10th anniversary.

6.3.2 is currently targeted for end of the month/early September.

Who is "CommunityTeam" ?

Will a statement regarding loot in party chat be enough for Customer Service to ensure loot is allocated to the correct player, in the event that one of the players in the group does not uphold the agreement?

ie. 10 Stack Dreadtooth - We want the Amulet, but we also want to help out others in the community with achievements, so we open the group up to anyone else who wants to come. - In the group advert, and inparty chat, we state "Amulet goes to <guild>" If the player who is automatically awarded the amulet does not trade it, can Customer Service intervene to ensure that it gets settled correctly?

Hi all,

That is correct.

Not allowing people to need, greed or pass will create more "negative loot experiences". Exactly who is asking for this change? Are you absolutely sure this redesign will not cause more problems than it is solving? I don't understand why you are making this change or who this change is for.

Edited by jiati

Will a statement regarding loot in party chat be enough for Customer Service to ensure loot is allocated to the correct player, in the event that one of the players in the group does not uphold the agreement?

ie. 10 Stack Dreadtooth - We want the Amulet, but we also want to help out others in the community with achievements, so we open the group up to anyone else who wants to come. - In the group advert, and inparty chat, we state "Amulet goes to <guild>" If the player who is automatically awarded the amulet does not trade it, can Customer Service intervene to ensure that it gets settled correctly?

I very much doubt it.

very unlikely that CS will involve themselves into investigating this kind of thing. basically loot is distributed to all party members. It is kinda the most fair thing... everyone gets equal chance of getting a loot. But yes i also pointed out in few convos that for guild who do pug runs this will cause issues. Our guild always did full guild 24 man runs and loot was distributed in predetermined and agreed way. So i guess guilds will have to collaborate on events if they dont have manpower to form large groups . I guess only few bosses and items can be of issue in this system .

However for me personally

Most annoying part is that i can get what i DONT want and then need to do /roll in chat between people who acually want it. for example i get wings on Brontes and i dont want them and 5 others do want them, so instead of me passing it and others pressing need ... i get them then others need to roll then i need to trade the winner of the roll. Its not a big deal, for gear might work very well. For items, mounts and decos we will have to see I guess.

However i understand that MasterLooter Caused issue and that it was abused by people. I know i was victim quite few times back in the day on Ossus on Ossus Queen VM xD ML was so abused back then for that raid. I think bad thing with ML was that you could change looting preference while in combat. That imo should have never been a thing.

But i guess remains to be seen how this will fucntion and affect gameplay

Maybe it will be good change . Remains to be seen ...

Once this become effective: Any activity in which the organizer wants control of the loot distribution will have to be a guild activity; you PUG it, you aren't guaranteed the Essences and so on.

Yes very much so makes such pug runs impossible. Like for all previous years people did DT with simpel callout DT 10 stacks grp in need of xxx xxxxxx xxxxxx xxxxxx . Mask and Amulet reserved .

I guess i can understand people finding unfair they cant get to share loot. U could also say then they dont have to join ... but that also can mean they can never get that loot if its constantly reserved.

Our guild does this as full guild runs and i know people who had issues with ML groups on DT. But i also know those who didnt. Only isse arround DT is 10 stacks or 7 Stacks. For rest i think most guilds can form a grp. To kill DT without stacks u need 1 tank 1 heal and 2 dps, so u can 4 man it pretty much .....

i guess as for everything there are 2 sides here as well

Edited by lorddjole

Hi all,

That is correct.

I can understand making gear drops entirely personal, but to extend it to other kinds of loot if a very bad idea imo. The need/greed system works perfectly well for unique items and rare materials like OEMs.