Upcoming Guild Conquest Updates

DavidStaats

Well, these changes are pretty harsh on new guilds - I understand that new members shouldn't be able to contribute to the ongoing conquest, that makes sense, but why punish people for making a new guild, gathering friends and start earning conquest towards the invasion for that week?

How about a graze period for NEW guilds to be able to EARN conquest for invasion? Members of a new guild can earn towards invasion conquest if added to the guild within the first 24 hours. This would mean a group (like my own that started last week) with 6-7 people can actually get together and aim for the first conquest right off the bat.

New people added wouldn't count after the window of 24 hours.

Otherwise, I like the changes to guild - just really happy we are established and can earn 7-10 million with the people we have now.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, these changes are pretty harsh on new guilds - I understand that new members shouldn't be able to contribute to the ongoing conquest, that makes sense, but why punish people for making a new guild, gathering friends and start earning conquest towards the invasion for that week?

How about a graze period for NEW guilds to be able to EARN conquest for invasion? Members of a new guild can earn towards invasion conquest if added to the guild within the first 24 hours. This would mean a group (like my own that started last week) with 6-7 people can actually get together and aim for the first conquest right off the bat.

New people added wouldn't count after the window of 24 hours.

Otherwise, I like the changes to guild - just really happy we are established and can earn 7-10 million with the people we have now.

Which guilds expect to be on the conquest ladder on their first week? The only guilds that manage to do so are those same spam-inviting alt-guilds clogging up the leaderboards.

Which guilds expect to be on the conquest ladder on their first week? The only guilds that manage to do so are those same spam-inviting alt-guilds clogging up the leaderboards.

Not all guilds are spam inviting guilds. Our guild will still get well over 600m + cq points a week. Just by doing normal things ingame.

I dont think this was the issue affecting guilds the most 🤔 theirs other issues that needs to be addressed. However the main top guilds will remain top. Nothing will really change except the guilds that are only spam invite 100% which is fine cuz they were never really guilds in the 1st place

I assume that "guild hopping" is tried to be stopped by this approach.

And, besides, there are so many conquests going on that a week doesn't really matter that much anymore, imho.

I've been on the Starforge server for about 6 months now. I was in previous servers before but came back to the game about 6-7 month now. I was a previous beta tester GO BETA

Now what I've noticed and this had been confirmed by the community also. The whole time I've been back I've noticed a game mechanic problem.

I see the guild conquest is broken as is confirmed through the community and my 7 months being back there remains 1 guild that has never lost rank 1 on large yield planets for over 3 years. Never losing for 3 years doesn't seem to me like this system is constructed in a way that allows even compettition.

(While I do say large yield rank 1 in starforge server I do no call out any guild specifically by name and henceforth is not against forum rules thank you )

Here's a question for the community.

If a guild has placed first for 3+ years do you think thats fair?

Do you think having a guild rank 1 for over 3 years allows for friendly competition?

I think somehow the developers need to address this system so that competition between guilds is more well balanced than obviously 1 sided dont you think?

Thanks

Thanks

First of all, I cant think of any guild on SF that placed first for 3+ years.

My own guild used to be the top dog for a long time, but our GM left and the guild fell apart. It's still around, but a shell compared to how active and competitive it used to be.

Before that, and maybe 3 years ago it was another guild that used to be the #1. The current top guild used to have an arrangement with our guild and their players would join us when they needed a title such as Rishi (that was impossible to get unless you joined our guild at the time). The same is true for the current #1 guild. They have never denied anyone that said they needed a title and wanted to join for a week.

I am not 100% sure how long the current guild has been in the #1 spot, but it's no more than 2 years max.

But yes, I am all in favor of getting rid of the current planetary invasion system that is linked to guilds.

I think making it faction based only will allow everyone, big and small, a shot at the title if their faction wins that week. I doubt the Rebellion will be the winners most of the time, but most guilds have both factions anyway. I might whine if the Imps win all the time, but its worth that risk :p

Having more planets to invade might lead to even more issues down the line. Esp., with these new "alliances" that formed. It will mean that only alliance members can have a shot at any planet. No thanks. I prefer guilds to all be unique and offer unique experiences to players.

That and change guild membership to legacy based instead of character based will foster loyalty and a sense of community within various guilds.

I would love to have all my toons in one guild and not scattered across different guilds.

Edited by Tionese

I've been on the Starforge server for about 6 months now. I was in previous servers before but came back to the game about 6-7 month now. I was a previous beta tester GO BETA

Now what I've noticed and this had been confirmed by the community also. The whole time I've been back I've noticed a game mechanic problem.

I see the guild conquest is broken as is confirmed through the community and my 7 months being back there remains 1 guild that has never lost rank 1 on large yield planets for over 3 years. Never losing for 3 years doesn't seem to me like this system is constructed in a way that allows even compettition.

(While I do say large yield rank 1 in starforge server I do no call out any guild specifically by name and henceforth is not against forum rules thank you )

Do you think having a guild rank 1 for over 3 years allows for friendly competition?

I think somehow the developers need to address this system so that competition between guilds is more well balanced than obviously 1 sided dont you think?

Thanks

Please explain how that is broken? It just means that guild puts in the most effort to win each week.

It’s no different than if a ranked pvp team is number one. It just means they are better at what they do and play a lot,

It’s also not different to sports stars who can seem unbeatable for long periods of time.

Conquest was broken and rebroken many times in the period you didn’t play the game. It is now the best it’s ever been. Please stop asking them to change it because when ever they do, they break it again for 6-12 months till they fix it.

And I have to say, that these posts every week from a small handful of people who are from the same handful of guilds complaining they can’t win conquest and demand change is getting tiresome.

The only change to conquest that needs to be does is for every guild that meets the goal gets the title, and remove the stupid pop up.

Problem solved.

That’s one I would agree too. Especially the pop ups. Actually adding an option to turn ALL in game banners and pop ups off would go a long way to improving many aspects of this game.

The only change to conquest that needs to be does is for every guild that meets the goal gets the title, and remove the stupid pop up.

Problem solved.

Agreed!

Do an Oprah - everyone gets a car. You get a car and you get a car - everyone gets a car!

:)

unfortunately true, that is probably the most saddest thing about this :(

Agreed !!

** the winners: well we know who won (no need to be specific)

** those who lost: everyone else !

My own personal observation: One of frustration and sadness. This has taken away from the community as a whole. The actions of a few has successfully divided us.

Nobody wins in something like this.

I need so spend some time at "the office" !!!

NOPE !! Not everyone. There are some who are very proud of what was done !

unfortunately true, that is probably the most saddest thing about this :(

Yes, and it sickens me too. They are same people who continuously broke the tos and got reprimanded.

It’s always the innocent people who have to suffer a few loud mouths who think they are above the rules.

Bioware making these changes to accommodate those people to shut them up is what’s wrong here.

If people were cheating, why not just go after them and ban them like other developers do. No slaps on the wrist, just ban their accounts permanently. This is the problem and always has been at Bioware. They don’t go after the people actually doing the wrong thing. It’s easier to just screw over everyone else.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Yes, and it sickens me too. They are same people who continuously broke the tos and got reprimanded.

It’s always the innocent people who have to suffer a few loud mouths who think they are above the rules.

Bioware making these changes to accommodate those people to shut them up is what’s wrong here.

If people were cheating, why not just go after them and ban them like other developers do. No slaps on the wrist, just ban their accounts permanently. This is the problem and always has been at Bioware. They don’t go after the people actually doing the wrong thing. It’s easier to just screw over everyone else.

I mean you either don't have the ability to understand what is written, or you just don't want to accept reality.

YOU. CANNOT. DETECT. MACRO. IN. THIS. GAME. Therefore you can't punish those who use it. But continue to spam the something over and over in every post.

It's very disappointing, if not surprising sadly. As I said in the other thread, I don't really care about crafting myself, but I do care about the game being changed for normal players by a campaign by some of the most appalling people in the game, with quite the history of poor behaviour.

I mean you either don't have the ability to understand what is written, or you just don't want to accept reality.

YOU. CANNOT. DETECT. MACRO. IN. THIS. GAME. Therefore you can't punish those who use it. But continue to spam the something over and over in every post.

Then maybe since BW owns the game, they should implement some form of macro detection if such a thing exists, which I assume it does. I mean, what do I know, my speciality is airplanes. but the underlying point is, if someone is stealing from the store you don't shut the store. You figure out who was stealing.

It's very disappointing, if not surprising sadly. As I said in the other thread, I don't really care about crafting myself, but I do care about the game being changed for normal players by a campaign by some of the most appalling people in the game, with quite the history of poor behaviour.

You should see them on discord, it’s 100x worse than here.

Then maybe since BW owns the game, they should implement some form of macro detection if such a thing exists, which I assume it does. I mean, what do I know, my speciality is airplanes. but the underlying point is, if someone is stealing from the store you don't shut the store. You figure out who was stealing.

Other games can detect macros and aim bots and other cheating software. There is nothing stopping Bioware from using the same technology in this game.

But I imagine they’re scared of how many people they might actually have to ban because Bioware hates banning people who might pay them money :rolleyes:

Better to just piss off other subscribers who just unsub in disgust.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

So much easier to just fix the problem by preventing the infinite crafting objective which is what they did.

All this talk about detection and banning botters cost huge amounts of time and money. Much easier to fix it the way they fixed it.

We will see. My bet is that the best horse will win this race no matter how many times you and your buddies try to handicap them with your deceitful practices.

Just stop lying so much bud!

... Considering the amount of iterations Conquest has gone through in the last five years, and the frequency that the same guild came on top - even when crafting was a once a couple of months conquest week, even when the objectives where planet-tied, etc - I would say the "best horse" has been winning the race no matter how many times the log fences have been moved during the circuit... No matter how little I might like the said horses. :rolleyes:

So much easier to just fix the problem by preventing the infinite crafting objective which is what they did.

All this talk about detection and banning botters cost huge amounts of time and money. Much easier to fix it the way they fixed it.

But what about all the other cheating that goes on in this game that the same software would detect? Other developers do it, other games hold people who cheat properly accountable too and some even name and shame. But not Bioware. They would rather foster an environment to cheat in and offer no deterrents to the cheats when they get caught.

If the reality is they can’t afford to do it, then the game has more problems than a few players botting in conquest.

Is Bioware a AAA studio or not?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

And to add to what trixxie said, nerfing the infinite crafting also nerfs people who were using it legitimately