Upcoming Guild Conquest Updates

DavidStaats

Multiplayer does NOT equal 'Must Group'. Even if you never group up, you can still interact with others by things like crafting (!) and just chatting with other players and helping them out if they have questions.

Raids and PvP can be fun, but not everyone wants, or can, do them all the time. It really is not fun to be the only player who can't hear voice in a 'voice required' group activity.

Is that going to be next thing certain players start begging Bioware to do? Remove the option for solo players to contribute to conquest and guilds?

Guilds, like the rest of the game, are about more than simply doing group activities.

Sure you can go solo ofc. We all know hans solo did that :) with the ocxasional meet up here and there. Nothing wrong w that style, However a mmorpg is meant to talior mostly to the mass majority of players that group together. Which most of the game consits of. So making sure the Conquest changes don't negatively impact the masses should be of utmost priority don't ya think?

Keeping the integral part of the game secure ensures its longevity. I'm sure you would like the game to last as long as it can right ;)

Edited by codydmaan

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right the multiplayer aspect and joining a guild community of players to build friends, relationships, and commpettitive battles is what strengthens the core of the game.

Conquest updates should imo be focused on bringing the community of the guild together. You strengthen bonus people have you strengthen the core of the game.

The core of the game is multiplayer. If people only wanted to solo well there's other solo star wars games out their taylored to the solo player.

We need to be giving people a organized welcoming message to new people that draws them in to a well organized friendly guild. I can say many guild on the servers are organized and friendly.

The core of the game for you maybe multiplayer, but it's just your personal opinion, not a fact. You are not the only one playing this game, and you don't get to define how everyone else should be playing it.

As long as we keep seeing discord organized mobs against certain activities and people in game, hijacking threads, spamming and flooding to push their personal agenda against everyone else, I wouldn't call it a friendly welcoming message to new players, and I definitely wouldn't call guilds who arrange these campaigns friendly guilds. Organized maybe, but definitely not friendly.

I know it may be difficult to understand, but I'll try to make it simple:

Telling people who don't want to join group content to find another game = unfriendly.

Letting everyone play the way they want to play = friendly.

Trying to handicap people who are not playing the way you want them to = unfriendly.

Trying to find a common ground that works for most people and different playstyles = friendly.

If you truly want a friendly, welcoming community, you should push more for the ones I marked =friendly and less for the other kind.

Mmorpg

Massive multiplayer.

The end game is being in a community/guild

Its what keeps the game running people playing together. :)

8 class stories sure but what do u do when u finish close the game? No u find a guild run raids with them do rp events make friends have fun.

Conquest changes don't affect solo players they can do the story close the game and be done. But we gotta be careful guild conquest changes don't harm the community that glues swtor togetger.

The end game is what everyone wants it to be, you don't get to define it.

What exactly makes you think conquest changes don't affect solo players? Just because someone is playing solo, doesn't mean they are not interested in doing conquest in a guild or several of them? People play solo in guilds too, in case you didn't know.

If you are worried about conquest changes harming the community, maybe you should leave them alone. Just a thought.

Putting the crafting thing a side (because I think we all know how some of us feel about it). The other changes, except the grace period make sense to me and are probably needed to curb the toxic behaviours some guilds were employing against unsuspecting players.

What I don’t fully understand is the grace period for new members to participate in CQ. It seems a bit harsh if you join a guild and aren’t awarded conquest rewards even though you complete the necessary activities and points.

Where is the logic in hampering new players or people rejoining the game or even rolling a new Alt. Surely the other changes are enough that if someone is removed from a guild, the guild also loses what ever points the person accrued.

Maybe there is another behaviour happening that isn’t widely reported or can not be reported on the forums or Bioware foresee these other changes being abused some how and are trying to stay ahead of it.

I wonder if we will ever be told how many people have been sanctioned over this whole mess that caused this upheaval. Other games report actions taken and why to show they did something besides punishing the whole population to stop bad behaviour. It also acts as a deterrent to anyone else thinking of following in those foot steps.

Recently, a game announced it had permanently banned 90,000 players. A reporting feature like this would go a long way to instilling confidence in Biowares actions.

Sure you can go solo ofc. We all know hans solo did that :) with the ocxasional meet up here and there. Nothing wrong w that style, However a mmorpg is meant to talior mostly to the mass majority of players that group together. Which most of the game consits of. So making sure the Conquest changes don't negatively impact the masses should be of utmost priority don't ya think?

Keeping the integral part of the game secure ensures its longevity. I'm sure you would like the game to last as long as it can right ;)

You keep repeating that, but it doesn't make it true. But I guess this is the next friday-campaign about to begin. They always start with spamming misinformation.

Mmorpg

Massive multiplayer.

8 class stories sure but what do u do when u finish close the game? No u find a guild run raids with them do rp events make friends have fun.

Conquest changes don't affect solo players they can do the story close the game and be done. But we gotta be careful guild conquest changes don't harm the community that glues swtor togetger.

I don’t think that’s true. It’s very narrow minded to assume everyone plays in that fashion. The conquest changes do affect solo players if they have their own private guild or they are crafters and traders.

While some of the changes themselves are good over all, some are not good for everyone. And it’s not the changes per say that’s harmed the community, it was the way this whole thing was handled and has panned out that’s caused the problems.

If you want harmony in the game and the community, it requires a different approach than the one that’s been used here by different factions and Bioware. A lot of innocent bystanders have been caught in the cross fire and that’s a major issue and a poor game image to portray to new or returning players. Even older players have been turned off by some of this and that doesn’t bode well for community harmony or community support when knowledgeable players leave the game and take their experience and knowledge with them.

You keep repeating that, but it doesn't make it true. But I guess this is the next friday-campaign about to begin. They always start with spamming misinformation.

IMO it's not so much about misinformation as it is (without question) an attempt to redefine the game through one of the few things that is holing it together" CQ's.

New content is at a minimum ... daily participation is shrinking. CQ's are one of the few ongoing activities to engage in SWTOR.

There are some who feel as though the game should reflect the following philosophy:

Groups participation: small rewards

Guild participation: better rewards

Medium guild: even better

Large (mega guild) : own the game !!!

(Solo players ... you're done !!)

The simple fact is that MMO games and "group" participation / individual participation has changed a lot over the last 10 years. And (more than likely) will continue to do so.

CQ's don't need a major overhaul. One of the best threads which benefits the game overall .... is found in the suggestion area :

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=989139

Please leave the rest of the CQ's alone.

Mmorpg

Massive multiplayer.

Just because it says MMORPG, doesn't mean the end result is people should be required to group up. This game was advertised as a STORY driven MMO. This means Solo for a lot of players. The game has normal Group content for the old school MMO players like yourself, however if you look at the more recent MMO's (and this includes WoW lately) there is plenty of Solo activities for players as well. MMO doesn't mean you must group.

As for the Conquest here, BW needs to remember how many people in this game do solo activities including crafting and to make all routes viable for conquest.

Maybe there is another behaviour happening that isn’t widely reported or can not be reported on the forums or Bioware foresee these other changes being abused some how and are trying to stay ahead of it.

What they were going after with that was the exploit where the player in the guild would quit one alt (leaving the CQ points behind) and then the guild would invite another alt. This effectively expanded their rosters for CQ points. It's very similar to the kick exploit but is taken voluntarily by the player to circumvent the max guild size limitation.

What they were going after with that was the exploit where the player in the guild would quit one alt (leaving the CQ points behind) and then the guild would invite another alt. This effectively expanded their rosters for CQ points. It's very similar to the kick exploit but is taken voluntarily by the player to circumvent the max guild size limitation.

But if the guild loses those points if the player leaves, why do you need a grace period?

I would suggest a shorter grace period of 48 or maximum 72 hours. 7 days seems overly harsh.

I also think Bioware could take it one step further and still give the player the guild rewards if the guild boots them before the end of CQ and the player makes the required planet yield in points (as long as they haven’t joined another guild).

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I also think Bioware could take it one step further and still give the player the guild rewards if the guild boots them before the end of CQ and the player makes the required planet yield in points (as long as they haven’t joined another guild).

I agree with this, I lost the guild rewards on two of my chars because a guild booted me just before the reset, because I didn't get 100k. The credits don't bother me, but the FS plans do, as I've been saving them up for the smaller guilds.

Multiplayer does NOT equal 'Must Group'. Even if you never group up, you can still interact with others by things like crafting (!) and just chatting with other players and helping them out if they have questions.

Thats the point - MMO means only that many people play online on a platform. It doesn't mean that you have to group or that OPs are the only end content.

BTW: Conquest changes should also be done to all PvP activities, especially all infinite repeatable goals should in the same way changed as crafting.

The abuse in PvP is even greater were large guilds on both sides pushing there conquest score while playing one part of the guild against the other part of the guild.

Thats the point - MMO means only that many people play online on a platform. It doesn't mean that you have to group or that OPs are the only end content.

BTW: Conquest changes should also be done to all PvP activities, especially all infinite repeatable goals should in the same way changed as crafting.

The abuse in PvP is even greater were large guilds on both sides pushing there conquest score while playing one part of the guild against the other part of the guild.

And GSF.

As someone else said about crafting, GSF and PVP players gain massive advantage from those objectives, and they should be gone as well. It's pretty unfair that people who run those activities get those extra points, and people who don't want to play that game mode get nothing. Right? :rolleyes:

But if the guild loses those points if the player leaves, why do you need a grace period?

I would suggest a shorter grace period of 48 or maximum 72 hours. 7 days seems overly harsh.

The gold post at the start of the thread says if you voluntarily leave, your points stay. If you are kicked your points go. Your CQ points staying behind (right now it doesn't matter if you are kicked or leave voluntarily) is part of the current exploit being used to circumvent the guild member caps.

I was going to include how easy that is but I think that would qualify as telling people how to take advantage of a current exploit.

And GSF.

As someone else said about crafting, GSF and PVP players gain massive advantage from those objectives, and they should be gone as well. It's pretty unfair that people who run those activities get those extra points, and people who don't want to play that game mode get nothing. Right? :rolleyes:

This must be infuriating to crafters . I imagine some players who don't actively track the dev tracker will be in for a rude awakening when these changes are implemented. If there was backlash before I can't imagine what will happen afterwards if they truly decide to go through with the changes. Crafting will be made more irrelevant than it already is, at least imo.

The gold post at the start of the thread says if you voluntarily leave, your points stay. If you are kicked your points go. Your CQ points staying behind (right now it doesn't matter if you are kicked or leave voluntarily) is part of the current exploit being used to circumvent the guild member caps.

I was going to include how easy that is but I think that would qualify as telling people how to take advantage of a current exploit.

Ah, ok, I missed the part about leaving. Thanks for pointing that out.

And GSF.

Actually PVPers don’t anymore. Only GSF does because you have to win your pvp matches to count. You don’t have to win the GSF matches. And let’s not forget all the other repeatable activities that are possible in the game that have nothing to do with GSF, pvp or crafting.

Only one of the announced Crafting changes will stop people cheating the system. That’s the change to stacked crafted items like stims now counting as one per crafted stack and not 6. The rest of the crafting changes, especially the repeatable one for 50 items and the repeatable war supplies will only hurt legitimate players because it’s unrealistic to think that the daily repeatables with the stacks removed would be able to generate anywhere near the numbers it can with the stacks.

All these changes do is make legitimate crafters not want to craft. These are people who craft your dyes, augments, augment kits, etc, on the GTN.

What happens when we stop because we want to dedicate our time to CQ activities because we can’t do conquest through crafting after these changes? I’ll give you a hint, prices on the GTN go up and inflation becomes more stupid than it already is.

Many of you guys are going to have to learn crafting now or you’ll be paying through the nose for crafted items on the GTN.

I do agree that the changes to the guild system for inviting or removing members was needed. But they don’t go far enough to prevent bad behaviour IMO.

I know this is off topic, but it needs to be responded to because it’s factually incorrect and misinformation is what leads to conspiracies.

Pvp right now has a win requirement. So even if what you say is true about the same guilds on both sides (which doesn’t sound right), only one side would be getting points and the other side wouldnt.

That isn’t an economical way to spend 15 mins for the guys on the losing team. And even if they swapped each match, you would only get 12,000 points in an hour if you win 2/4 matches. That’s certainly not how you buff your conquest points and anyone saying that’s a good way to increase points is misinformed.

On the other hand, I can spam heroics and star fortresses nearly all day before I run out of them. And get tens of thousands of points an hour. Why would I play pvp for conquest when I can get way more points doing other things.

But to get back on topic, people won’t be able to remove members from their guild like a conveyer belt of wookie CQ slaves and replace them with fresh ones. So that’s a plus ;)

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Pvp right now has a win requirement. So even if what you say is true about the same guilds on both sides (which doesn’t sound right), only one side would be getting points and the other side wouldnt.

That isn’t an economical way to spend 15 mins for the guys on the losing team. And even if they swapped each match, you would only get 12,000 points in an hour if you win 2/4 matches. That’s certainly not how you buff your conquest points and anyone saying that’s a good way to increase points is misinformed.

It'd only be "doable" if you could possibly queue only for Arenas. On larger pvp maps, this isn't even a possibility, there's always a mix, even if you go grouped (that is, for unranked pvp). Naturally, you can get extra rewards for GroupFinder and for Guild Rally that makes PVP a good way to cap a toon... But not a great way to inflate a guild's overall CQ quickly...

Instead of a blanket Tuesday-Tuesday Grace Period I think the way to go should be that a guild can have 200 unique accounts invited in any 7 day period with as many alts as they want. This way people who join a guild on certain weeks for a particular conquest achievement and title can still do and it will still limit the damage that the zerg invites/kickers can do. Guilds that split still have a enough leeway to invite members that want to move over to the new guild.

I still strongly feel that a permanent solution to stop most of the problems that keep coming up is to make the top spot rewards viable for all guilds as ceryxp and myself have suggested along with entirely removing the guild vs guild aspect. While there is a system that encourages guilds to beat each other then there will always be problems as people find new ones to reach the top. What people see in the forum lately is just the the tip of the iceberg.

The argument we keep seeing for "stop asking for things to be changed so they can focus on new content" is pointless. I mean seriously, they spent time working on the fantastic full screen height advert block, the new none configurable popups and the really cool "Login Rewards" system. I think the time spent enriching players lives with the 3k credit certificates is great :D but I think that time would be better spent stopping all the trolling, exploits, abuse, and harassment from the guild vs guild conquest system.

Cq is locked for this week, and I've noticed the two biggest CQ guilds on SF haven't invaded this week. Not sure if it's the same on the other servers.

It's strange I belong to an extremely large guild, when on my toons in other guilds they don't show up as taking first place. But when I log in to my two toons in that guild we're in first place. They might have made a change if a guild passes a certain threshold they might not show up on the leaderboard. Or might actively be investigating, idk there's not a lot of transparency on that.

It's strange I belong to an extremely large guild, when on my toons in other guilds they don't show up as taking first place. But when I log in to my two toons in that guild we're in first place. They might have made a change if a guild passes a certain threshold they might not show up on the leaderboard. Or might actively be investigating, idk there's not a lot of transparency on that.

Certain planets like Balmorra and Taris have a separate leaderboard for the Imperial and Republic sides. The leaderboard you see will depend upon your character's faction.

Certain planets like Balmorra and Taris have a separate leaderboard for the Imperial and Republic sides. The leaderboard you see will depend upon your character's faction.

Oh that explains it, but the one of the other larger guilds is completely missing from the leaderboards. When's the latest you can invade a planet btw?

I forgot they changed that, that's probably it.., I must have been on the opposite faction...lol

Edited by DarkTergon