Upcoming Guild Conquest Updates

DavidStaats

All the people asking for the grace period to be lowered to 24/72 hours are completely missing the point.

The whole point is to completely negate the spam inviting (with the intent of easy conquest points by guilds doing the spam inviting) by having new members UNABLE to contribute for the currently running conquest. And yes I thought this a harsh penalty when I first read it too, but the more i've been thinking about it, the more it actually makes sense that new people joining a guild shouldn't/can't contribute to the currently running conquest.

As Riku said earlier in the thread, this will also disincentivize guild hopping, not to mention it also stops people already in a guild from making a dozen new alts during the conquest to make some fast conquest, then delete those alts the next week and do it all again. But first and foremost it protects new players from unwittingly being used to contribute to a conquest without knowing what is going on (keep in mind gquitting will still leave points with a guild) and does indeed force guilds to focus on player retention (which is a positive thing imo).

Hopefully BioWare keeps fixing more of these conquest exploits after this as well.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There would never have been a need for mass inviting in any guild, if they had removed the crafting cheat.

The only way guilds have got close to the cheats is mass inviting. Now Ula Vii is searching like crazy to remove me, for showing the guilds scores, just mention the lottery he does and where the money goes, he does an instant ban on you.

He always avoids the crafting inventor cheat as his guild exploits it.

the grace period is the best part of this change, lots of you people are misinterpreting it as always being seven days while in reality, it's up to seven days only if a new member joins a few hours after conquest resets. for most players, it will be a few days at most and they will, as you can read in the initial dev post they will still gain their personal rewards.

for the leaders of guilds that are spam inviting on lowbie planets, this is a bad change as those players provide a majority of those guilds conquest points, and it's no surprise that most of the people not in favour of the grace period here in this thread are based on such guilds. i understand your point of view. however you are looking at this from a guild/guild master point of view and that is simply not relevant, Bioware wants to improve the new player experience and spam inviters and spam kicking guilds are not a good part of that, which is why these changes are introduced

overall this will lead to better stability within guilds for members and reduced annoyance for new players on starting planets not having to deal with spam inviting guilds, it's only negative for guilds inviting and kicking new members at high volumes not caring about them apart from their conquest points, and that is good

edit: to address the previous few posters having issues with certain darth malgus guilds and leaders, i guess the fact that you need to create new accounts to agree/quote/respond to yourself explains all anyone needs to know about which guild are using bots and unjust measures ingame, RIP

Edited by RikuvonDrake

Well, the personal rewards aren't enough to even motivate me to play the game when I forget to log in and set cq on Tuesday. So now, i have yet another inconvenience due to a problem with certain larger guilds. Sure, I can work around it just like I work around the need to set cq on a day I'm generally too tired to play.

But how many things must I be expected to work around for the sake of attempting to make the large guilds behave themselves, when they will by practical definition will merely move on to some other method of dominating by sheer numbers. Surely there is a more elegant solution to whatever the large guilds are doing that motivated this change. Perhaps one that would have no impact on me.

And while you're at it, find a better solution for the limitation to setting cq early in the week too. Some of us are merely busy and don't have the energy to play every day.

Or maybe the 4 of us left in my guild should just join a large cq guild before these changes arrive? Then at least I wouldn't have to worry about setting cq or meeting the guild goal whatsoever. Is that perhaps the true objective here, to encourage small operations like mine to join larger ones out of sheer inconvenience?

Its funny how every change that is supposed to make things more fair merely makes them more annoying. Note: I'm using annoying and inconvenient here. My plan is to simply make a crap load of level 1 toons on a variety of classes today and throw them in my guild, and if I ever get around to levelling them great, this particular bit of stupid isn't a problem. And if I don't get around to them, who cares since it's not like I'm remotely close to the member cap.

And to the suggestions of a flat 2-3 day grace period compromise, not good enough. My making new toons whenever I want should not be impacted by whatever the big guilds are doing. Deal with them in such a way it doesn't impact me please.

I'm not particularly certain what the problem even is, personally. Big guilds are going to dominate cq out of sheer numbers no matter what. 1 person getting 1 million points isn't going to outdo 1000 people doing 50k points. Join a large guild or accept the fact that the planetary competition aspect is for large guilds. The guild rewards are no longer coupled to being top 10, which was actually a beneficial change.

Well, the personal rewards aren't enough to even motivate me to play the game when I forget to log in and set cq on Tuesday. So now, i have yet another inconvenience due to a problem with certain larger guilds. Sure, I can work around it just like I work around the need to set cq on a day I'm generally too tired to play.

But how many things must I be expected to work around for the sake of attempting to make the large guilds behave themselves, when they will by practical definition will merely move on to some other method of dominating by sheer numbers. Surely there is a more elegant solution to whatever the large guilds are doing that motivated this change. Perhaps one that would have no impact on me.

And while you're at it, find a better solution for the limitation to setting cq early in the week too. Some of us are merely busy and don't have the energy to play every day.

Or maybe the 4 of us left in my guild should just join a large cq guild before these changes arrive? Then at least I wouldn't have to worry about setting cq or meeting the guild goal whatsoever. Is that perhaps the true objective here, to encourage small operations like mine to join larger ones out of sheer inconvenience?

Its funny how every change that is supposed to make things more fair merely makes them more annoying. Note: I'm using annoying and inconvenient here. My plan is to simply make a crap load of level 1 toons on a variety of classes today and throw them in my guild, and if I ever get around to levelling them great, this particular bit of stupid isn't a problem. And if I don't get around to them, who cares since it's not like I'm remotely close to the member cap.

And to the suggestions of a flat 2-3 day grace period compromise, not good enough. My making new toons whenever I want should not be impacted by whatever the big guilds are doing. Deal with them in such a way it doesn't impact me please.

I'm not particularly certain what the problem even is, personally. Big guilds are going to dominate cq out of sheer numbers no matter what. 1 person getting 1 million points isn't going to outdo 1000 people doing 50k points. Join a large guild or accept the fact that the planetary competition aspect is for large guilds. The guild rewards are no longer coupled to being top 10, which was actually a beneficial change.

And i dont have to make any new accounts to post here really as u think as i can just use this same old one all the time

Kendra, could you please try to step back and see the bigger picture? I understand that the grace period is an inconvenience when you invite one of your alts or another member into your guild, but this is a one-time thing. Out of the potential months and years that this member can contribute to your guild and reap the rewards, he cannot do that for 7 days max.

Don't you think that you are overreacting here?

As others have said, this grace period could be a very effective method to reduce the blatant guild hopping that is going on atm to maximize point farming. Not only that, but it could also be a sound method to foster a more dedicated approach to guild identity instead of simply looking for a way to get the most points. And all it takes away are 7 days of Conquest points for that one character for one time.

Kendra, could you please try to step back and see the bigger picture? I understand that the grace period is an inconvenience when you invite one of your alts or another member into your guild, but this is a one-time thing. Out of the potential months and years that this member can contribute to your guild and reap the rewards, he cannot do that for 7 days max.

Don't you think that you are overreacting here?

As others have said, this grace period could be a very effective method to reduce the blatant guild hopping that is going on atm to maximize point farming. Not only that, but it could also be a sound method to foster a more dedicated approach to guild identity instead of simply looking for a way to get the most points. And all it takes away are 7 days of Conquest points for that one character for one time.

My at one time 10-15 person guild is down to 2-4 people for various reasons, I don't see us growing, and I'm simply fed up with all the inconveniences being dumped on me and not actually solving anything.

Perhaps I'm overreacting to one particular thing, but I have literal years of pent up frustrations that are never addressed even when I was trying to be reasonable. I'm being taken for granted because of my sheer inability to find anything better to play. I've gotten 2 responses, ever. Both of which occurred when I was being snarky to Mr Musco directly. Once on the forum, once to an obnoxious comment I put in chat in a twitch stream in 2018-2019 time frame.

Keep it up BW. The minute I find a decent 2-4 player multiplayer game with a good story and actual endgame, I'm gone. Its obvious long term players like me are not a concern to you. Its sad really, that seems like such a low bar to meet and yet there isn't one I can find that is doing better than swtor. (PS BW that isn't a complement. Thats just the simple investment I have in your game.)

Can't raise the level cap, can't make new content, but we sure can make your life miserable and hey, you continue paying is to do it! - BW to me 2021

And finally, I have every bit as much a reason to express to frustration as anyone else does to tell BW how amazing their utter incompetence is.

Edited by KendraP

Your attitude tells me youre from the problematic guild and its clone guilds that caused so many problems that Devs actually took action with those new conquest changes coming. If you actually have a spy character in Stroke my Wookie guild you can clearly see they are active and doing conquest objectives planetside with your guild going for the same planet and falling more and more behind.

Stop being salty if your mass ginvites of low lvl players tactic wont work this time against active guild with good community working together.

well you can eny the evidence, and the fact that You get salty when Crafting is mentioned in the changes and cry out as if small guilds craft tells me of a guilty consciousness.

lets make a grace period, call it a grace month, where the Devs disable the crafting conquest for a month and lets see whos on the bottom? Or are You scared? i mean a SMW player has 24million conquest points as we speak, thats the amount a whole guild has with 1000 players on the leaderboards. Who do You guys think You are?

Even neutral guilds start to raise questions. i mean whatever happens, if thats a normal thing by Your "morals and standards" we can all start Macro bot and You lose again. Are You then going to also send complaints to the Devs to FINALLY make changes as well? Did You think of that as well?

24 million is insane and humanly impossible and hughly suspicious. Also You forget one thing, those "newbies" get a conqueror title in the end, so no harm was done in the end effect.

Changing the Ninja invites? sure

but lets also change crafting conquest rewards and then lets talk about "morals and standards" for the "community".

24 million is insane and humanly impossible and hughly suspicious. Also You forget one thing, those "newbies" get a conqueror title in the end, so no harm was done in the end effect.

After first screenshots were posted here i actually took the time to check. The person with 24m is the same one from few days ago in the screenshots and you can actually meet him doing objectives planetside every day for hours upon hours so u and your claim that he must be macro crafter falls flat on its a**.

And your comment about newbies getting conqueror title is quite wrong because i actually saw evidence of you "using and losing" hundreds of people through the week. Your guild has been doing ninja guild invites and guild kicks daily now while you are trying to beat Smw. And one of your guild leaders actually bragged about kicking ppl he deemed unproductive right before conquest rolls over so they would NOT get the conqueror title.

Meanwhile from what i saw, Smw is simply doing planetside objectives in a big ops grp to get the points and i for one love to see you and your guild squirm because your ninja guild invite tactics is failing big time and with grace period coming you will be hindered from doing this to other low lvl newbie without consequences.

edit: -> the real insane number is the 5+ clone guilds you guys have on both repside and impside. Its clear that grace period was designed just for you as your guild has abused ninja ginvites the most and in the most heinous way. Imagine being a new player getting chewed up by your guild in your everlasting grind for conquest numbers - would u stay in the game after such experience?

Edited by Darittha

Can't raise the level cap, can't make new content, but we sure can make your life miserable and hey, you continue paying is to do it! - BW to me 2021

And finally, I have every bit as much a reason to express to frustration as anyone else does to tell BW how amazing their utter incompetence is.

Take a break dude. This change isn't to hurt your life but to save the hundreds of newbies being picked up and kicked out of anti-social guilds. These guilds crossed the line when they started harming the new player experience in their pursuit of points.

EDIT: As for your concerns, I'd love the limit to be a legacy thing so alts don't suffer.

Edited by Eli_Porter

There would never have been a need for mass inviting in any guild, if they had removed the crafting cheat.

The only way guilds have got close to the cheats is mass inviting. Now Ula Vii is searching like crazy to remove me, for showing the guilds scores, just mention the lottery he does and where the money goes, he does an instant ban on you.

He always avoids the crafting inventor cheat as his guild exploits it.

Not an exploit; it's just a part of the game that people who love crafting can use to contribute to their guild; much like really good pvp'ers can contribute a lot of conquest points by grouping up and savaging the competition. Taking away Inventor from the crafters would be just as unfair as taking away the pvp'ers objective for winning matches.

Some people just don't have time to play like others do, and this gives players with lives an ability to contribute to their guild when they otherwise might not be able to due to busy schedules.

Crafting had its biggest nerf already with the last conquest updates when every other activity was amped up. Getting rid of the inventor objectives would make many people's play sessions go from 3 hours to 10 minutes and would probably destroy a lot of small guilds that use that in order to get their weekly cap.

The devs have all the necessary tools to know who's botting and using macros and if they don't take action is because the people they investigate don't use it.

By the way, grats to the devs on the changes, I hope it brings a breath of fresh air to how guilds operate and destroys some of the nastyness related to guild invites.

So, it seems like this change is aimed at conquest guilds setting rules for being in the guild. But all this does is penalize players that don't meet those guild conquest rules and get kicked. Now they have to wait a week to get conquest rewards because they didn't have time to play the week before?

I'd really like to know the rationale behind this change and what you've seen that made you think this was a good idea. Because it is a half baked plan and won't fix whatever it is you are trying to fix.

It's not aimed at that, and it does actually combat the thing it is aimed at effectively.

Currently there are certain guilds (and their similarly-named clones) that spam ninja-invites to everyone unguided day and night. Anyone that joins is in the guild, adding to the guild conquest total, and then logs off...and is instantly kicked so that spot can be given to the next wave of ninja invites. When they log back in, they will most likely get invited back again as their replacements have been kicked in turn. Plan is to have 1000 players online and generating points at all times by cycling out offline members. Reset coming up? Boot all those random invitees and get the players you want to be rewarded back in!

This is problematic because :

1. With a single guild have the equivalent of 5-10k members by abusing this cycling in and out to bypass the cap, they 'win' planets and no one can compete without resorting to the same tactics;

2. It is a horrible introduction for new players, getting spammy invites within seconds of first loading and then unceremoniously kicked as soon as you log off;

3. The ninja-invited players do not get to 'profit' from the conquest goal they contributed to, given they get kicked from the guild to enable the 'real' members (and their alts, and maybe some 'friends' they are incentivised to get titles and loot and whatnot for) to join and contribute just enough to qualify;

4. It promotes guild-hopping to get rewards, because no one can compete with the big boys pulling this regularly, so it's better to cosy up and see what it'll take to be invited for the reset and rewards, which means some folk won't stick with a genuine guild, hurting small to medium guilds looking to expand;

5. It breeds mistrust of guild invites, as it has become almost expected that anyone inviting you is planning to dump you once you've given them your points, which again hurts growing guilds looking for actual members.

In short, it's a scummy play that hurts everyone except the elite few profiting from the work of others.

With this change, it means cycling newbies is no longer of any benefit, so it should stop. Yes, on the occasion where you get kicked you have to miss a week from your next guild, but theoretically even that should be less common, because unless you are a serial underperformer, they are better keeping you than replacing you with someone who is guaranteed to be a 0 next week, and it's in their interest as well as yours to talk about it and encourage you to quit rather than just kick, which lends an opportunity to make agreements for improvement/change before a more amicable separation only if no resolution is possible (I know, social methods in a social game, what heresy!).

Take a break dude. This change isn't to hurt your life but to save the hundreds of newbies being picked up and kicked out of anti-social guilds. These guilds crossed the line when they started harming the new player experience in their pursuit of points.

EDIT: As for your concerns, I'd love the limit to be a legacy thing so alts don't suffer.

Yeah, I think the grace period should be a legacy thing too so that it doesn’t affect ALL of us normal players who aren’t in these two guilds warring with each other. The fact that they’ve both come here to name call is pathetic.

if this is being caused by literally 2 guilds, that's like... even less reason to make a change that impacts everyone. Again, go after the two guilds if they're the problem.

although it's true that guilds that spam invites are the primary reason for this change it's a behaviour that has spread to other guilds, you have tens of guilds recruiting on starter planets, searching for low-level players and sending out hundreds of guild invites per minute and kicking hundreds of players daily to make room for new. All with the purpose of gaining conquest points.

Bioware devs commented about this on discord last year and upcoming changes, I guess this is the first step where they are addressing both this behaviour in conquest as well as an additional step of improving the new player experience. Getting spam invited to guilds while you are doing your first few quests or in your first cutscenes in swtor might not be that much of an enjoyable experience, and being kicked if you take a day or two breaks from the game isn't great either. that is primarily the behaviour that bioware is addressing with these changes

Edited by RikuvonDrake

oh so we're back to changes motivated by an unofficial discord of sycophants. awesome. i'm so glad these things are discussed with a true sample size of people they impact through official means.

Here I thought using twitter was annoying. At least their twitter is an official BW/EA means of discourse.

On topic, back when I didn't have or want a guild I simply ignored the players doing the spamming. Or should we ban credit gathering for a week since BW hasn't managed to do terribly much about the credit spammers either?

There is sadly a lot of misinformation in this thread about crafting objectives and conquest. When you see players getting 10mil or more conquest, you assume it's hacking, or cheating, or exploiting, when the reality in most cases is that those players are very dedicated. Each week, I typically earn 10mil or more conquest for my guild, and thats on weeks when i am NOT crafting (war supplies and other things i queue while playing normally can significantly inflate this number).

The trick? Play 12+ hrs a day. Honestly, there are just some players putting insane numbers in. We have players in our guild who play 16hrs a day.

Of course they are going to pull crazy amounts of conquest in, possibly close to other guilds as a whole, but those guilds dont have a lot of active players farming the highest conquest activities in the most efficient manor they know of.

When you put your mind to it, and try week after week to earn as much conquest as you possibly can, you'll learn a bunch of tips and tricks to optimize everything. And if you add crafting, you don't macro it. Honestly. its not queuing stuff up thats hard, its getting the VAST quantity of mats required to craft in sufficient quantity to make a difference. I'll include mat gathering for many hours each week, to save resources for push weeks where i'll burn through them extremely quickly, but im just queuing stuff up as i do heroics and what not.

There isn't evidence of macro'ers in this thread, there is evidence of people putting a ridiculous amount of time into this game to help their guild.

First of all, I would like to thank the developers from the bottom of my heart for the upcoming conquest changes, which will prevent the abuse of new players for the conquest points they generate and will promote building healthier and friendlier communities within guilds. Thank you for listening to our feedback and our concernes on this matter and doing so much to discourage such actions!

Crafting and gathering are one of my favourite activities in the game. I play SWTOR at odd hours, so I am often unable to attend guild's events or join up with groups. That's why crafting conquest objectives are perfect for me and other players like myself, as they allow us to contribute to our guild's score despite of our restrictions. Hearing people insulting crafters like myself and calling us cheaters, when in reality, we spend countless of hours harvesing and crafting, can be disheartening, but I won't let it discourage me, as I know these are just false accusations. I would like to thank the developers for being so considerate of players like myself and giving us crafting conquest objevtives, so we still have a way of countributing to our guild in conquest.

Crafting and gathering are one of my favourite activities in the game. I play SWTOR at odd hours, so I am often unable to attend guild's events or join up with groups. That's why crafting conquest objectives are perfect for me and other players like myself, as they allow us to contribute to our guild's score despite of our restrictions. Hearing people insulting crafters like myself and calling us cheaters, when in reality, we spend countless of hours harvesing and crafting, can be disheartening, but I won't let it discourage me, as I know these are just false accusations. I would like to thank the developers for being so considerate of players like myself and giving us crafting conquest objevtives, so we still have a way of countributing to our guild in conquest.

Thank you. You managed to express perfectly how I'm feeling about this.

I'm doing some conquest in big guilds, but I'm also running a smaller guild with only a handful of active people. We can't meet the guild goal if crafting is nerfed. But I guess for some people who have lost touch with reality of small guilds, this is simply impossible to comprehend, hence the witch hunt against crafters. Crafting is part of the game too, everyone is supposed to be able to "play their way", yet we have a bunch of people demanding nerfs to it as if their needs are bigger than someone else's needs.

Get rid of the botters, leave real players alone.

Hi everyone,

We wanted to let you all know of some updates we are making to Conquest as it pertains to Guilds and Guild Contributions. This update will specifically touch two main aspects of Guild Conquests - when a new character joins a Guild, and when any characters are removed from a Guild - and how Conquest Points will be handled.

New Character Grace Period

When a new character has accepted an invite into a Guild, that character will begin a Grace Period with the Guild. During this time, that new character can still earn their own Personal Conquest goals and rewards, but their Conquest efforts will not be calculated into the Guild’s Conquest efforts until the next Conquest event. As such, new characters will not immediately appear in a Guild’s Conquest Leaderboards, and will not be eligible for the Guild’s Invasion Reward.

When new characters view the Guild Invasion screen, they will see a message indicating that they are currently unable to contribute towards their new Guild’s Conquest score, and must wait until the next Conquest event. Similarly, when viewing the Guild Roster page new characters who are unable to contribute will be indicated as such, allowing Guild Leadership to get a better picture of who cannot actively contribute.

It is important to note that this Grace Period is per character, and not account. If a player already has a character in a Guild, and is bringing an alternate character into the Guild, the Grace Period only applies to that alternate character, and not all characters from that Legacy. Equally as important to note is that this Grace Period will also apply to all new Guilds being formed.

Joining a Guild is an important aspect of our game, and we want to ensure that both the Guild and new members are given time to assess each other properly, without the pressures of reward systems potentially interfering in that period.

Character and Guild Separation

When a player is removed from a Guild by the Guild, their Conquest contributions will now be removed from that Guild as well. In the event the character leaves a Guild on their own accord, the points they contributed to a Guild’s Conquest will remain with the Guild for that Conquest.

When removing characters, Guild Leadership will now be provided with a notification informing them that removing the member will result in a loss of that member’s Conquest contributions. Again, it is important to note that this is per character, and not account.

Guild Commendation Reward

As a result of the changes mentioned above, the time frame in which a Guild will earn their Guild Commendation Invasion Reward is being changed. Guild Perk Rewards will now be tallied at the end of a Conquest event rather than during it, and as such the Commendation Reward from Invasions will be given when the subsequent Conquest begins.

We want to ensure that character and Guild separation is done in a healthy and amicable way.

As always, thank you to everyone who has sent in feedback regarding how the current system was being used. We feel these changes will allow players and Guilds to build healthier relationships when experiencing this aspect of SWTOR, and are aiming to have these changes in an update in the near future.

EDIT: Added Guild Commendation Reward section.

STOP....

can you STOP changing rules every month ... its start to be very annoying !

Today , 04:37 AM | #108

REPORT POST QUOTE

There is sadly a lot of misinformation in this thread about crafting objectives and conquest. When you see players getting 10mil or more conquest, you assume it's hacking, or cheating, or exploiting, when the reality in most cases is that those players are very dedicated. Each week, I typically earn 10mil or more conquest for my guild, and thats on weeks when i am NOT crafting (war supplies and other things i queue while playing normally can significantly inflate this number).

The trick? Play 12+ hrs a day. Honestly, there are just some players putting insane numbers in. We have players in our guild who play 16hrs a day.

Of course they are going to pull crazy amounts of conquest in, possibly close to other guilds as a whole, but those guilds dont have a lot of active players farming the highest conquest activities in the most efficient manor they know of.

When you put your mind to it, and try week after week to earn as much conquest as you possibly can, you'll learn a bunch of tips and tricks to optimize everything. And if you add crafting, you don't macro it. Honestly. its not queuing stuff up thats hard, its getting the VAST quantity of mats required to craft in sufficient quantity to make a difference. I'll include mat gathering for many hours each week, to save resources for push weeks where i'll burn through them extremely quickly, but im just queuing stuff up as i do heroics and what not.

There isn't evidence of macro'ers in this thread, there is evidence of people putting a ridiculous amount of time into this game to help their guild.

// Tarak = Level 50 Commando, Server = Firkrann Crystal

The players that have 20m + conquest in these guilds are hardly playing the game, their guilds have under 10 players off peak about 65 at peak times, even with most being level 75, the guilds with 200 to 300 online have 100+ 75s working 15 hours + a day and can not keep up with the macro bots

Where are the mods in this thread. The name and shaming and name calling and accusation posts are still here.

Both are against the forum TOS.

JackieKo, if you read this, exactly this. This forum needs weekend moderation exactly for this reason. These people, not Trixxie, the ones breaking the forums rules, feel empowered to spend all weekend spamming the boards, naming and shaming, and posting screenshots with guild and character names because there is no weekend moderation. These forums become the wild west because the sheriff takes a powder every Friday.