Upcoming Guild Conquest Updates

DavidStaats

Yes I know how long it takes, I do some crafting too. I however don't want to spend months clicking a button just so my guild has a shot, and I'd like it if the game didn't tell me to do this or stop bothering with organizing events. And I know it's one guy crafting because I did a /who on the guild and they had 1/4 of our numbers while taking the lead, and they got 10 million points overnight.

So because they can beat you one week out of 20, you think it isn't worthwhile for you to organize events to get points. Honestly, that doesn't make any sense. They have put all their eggs in one basket to beat you one week out of 20. Kind of a tortoise and the hare situation (slow and steady wins the race). They'll burn out this week, if not in the next day, and you'll probably still end up passing them up in the end and you'll beat them the other 19 weeks as well while they restock for another push. They probably aren't competitive at all outside of the Galactic War event that has so many planets available.

10 million points overnight would be nothing for a decent sized guild that has a presence in all time zones. 10 million points in an hour might be suspicious, but even that is not beyond the realm of possibility depending on which objectives (other than crafting) that you focus on.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not gonna bother replying to you anymore if you're not willing to address what I said again and again. It's not about being "better organized", it's that I find the idea of clicking the same button a million times just to have a shot as a medium-large sized guild ridiculous.

Firstly, do you have PROOF that this guild/person did nothing but craft. As far as you know, he could have been crafting, running around doing missions, gathering, queing for gsf & pvp, gf, and who knows what else. PvP, GSF, ops, have huge amounts of cq these days.

And as for clicking a button, if that is how they decide to play, it's their choice, who are you to say it's wrong. They pay their sub to play the game they want, not to be told by you what they can do. As I keep saying, this is a multifaceted, most people won't do it all, they just play the bits they enjoy.

Instead of fighting each other over HOW to play the game, turn that to the devs, and demand they open up CQ better , make it easier to get titles, leave the no 1 guild get the planet banner, but open up the rest.

As trixxie says

Ceryxp’s thread addresses that issue with an elegant solution. Why don’t you jump over and have a read of his thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=989139

Has some really good ideas.

Edited by DarkTergon

Firstly, do you have PROOF that this guild/person did nothing but craft. As far as you know, he could have been crafting, running around doing missions, gathering, queing for gsf & pvp, gf, and who knows what else. PvP, GSF, ops, have huge amounts of cq these days.

And as for clicking a button, if that is how they decide to play, it's their choice, who are you to say it's wrong. They pay their sub to play the game they want, not to be told by you what they can do. As I keep saying, this is a multifaceted, most people won't do it all, they just play the bits they enjoy.

Instead of fighting each other over HOW to play the game, turn that to the devs, and demand they open up CQ better , make it easier to get titles, leave the no 1 guild get the planet banner, but open up the rest.

Ceryxp’s thread addresses that issue with an elegant solution. Why don’t you jump over and have a read of his thread.

Has some really good ideas.

Agreed !!

There are some really excellent ideas in that thread.

How each of us choose to play the game .... well ... that's just it ... that's called freedom !

Cheating ???

I think we ALL know what to do with those folks ... a swift kick ... (well I don't need to be too explicit) ... you get the idea !! ;)

Edited by OlBuzzard

As an add on to my previous evaluation of the changes, I'd like to suggest one additional thing that I think would bring more visibility to what is being done about cheaters (and other ToS violations). Some time ago, there was a Bioware thread started in the PVP section that each month described the number of accounts actioned for certain violations. I think a similar "Action Report" for the general game would be beneficial. What I have seen in a lot of threads where ToS violations are discussed and action against those accounts suggested, is the belief that there is no point to reporting them because "Bioware won't do anything anyway". I don't think that is the case but maybe some more visibility brought to it would encourage people to act when they see these violations.

Perhaps the report could include: name changes initiated, confirmed chat ToS violations actioned (warnings and bans), bots detected and bans issued, and other categories for cheating.

Yes I know how long it takes, I do some crafting too. I however don't want to spend months clicking a button just so my guild has a shot, and I'd like it if the game didn't tell me to do this or stop bothering with organizing events. And I know it's one guy crafting because I did a /who on the guild and they had 1/4 of our numbers while taking the lead, and they got 10 million points overnight.

Eli, I understand you are frustrated. You work hard to win and no matter what you do you cant. Trust me, I get it.

Hear me out for a moment. What you are describing just isnt possible like it used to be. The changes they have made to crafting, everything involved with crafting components and conquest objectives.... It is not worth it anymore to craft war supplies at a hardcore level. To be honest, if you want to craft bomb conquest, the best way is to have as many members as possible craft one invasion force and one dark project daily (this is account based, not toon based). If you want to go after inventor (prior to these current changes) you would craft low level biochem stims/addrenals etc (anything low level that had a multiple stack to it because each item in the stack counted) over and over. If you do the higher end stuff you can reverse engineer it to get a tiny portion of mats back but higher end mats cost more. Overall, its just not worth it to have crafting as your main point maker. Its great for a filler but not to maintain points or even for a points bomb.

There are a ton of reasons why that guild increased points over night and unless you talk to them directly, you will never know for sure. This is where you have to stay logical. Lets review what you said earlier: Everytime you have been online they have had 1/4 the numbers your guild had online. But what if in fact they have a larger guild than yours but just on at different hours. What if your peak time is 6pm pst but theirs is 3am pst? To get 10mil points overnight means they have to be online overnight to do so (even with crafting). In the same amount of time to make a war supply or invasion force or dark project, I could do 20 other objectives that would give me a much larger amount of points with our current conquest system. If their peak time is when you are sleeping or working or going to school etc, then they could be raiding, pvping, fps, uprisings, star fortresses etc etc etc

You have this idea about crafting that just isnt true on a large scale. As a casual crafter, you prob pick up a couple nodes and have a lil supply of mats in your inventory so clicking through a couple rounds of crafting is possible for you. But when you make crafting the end all to conquest, you have to times that scale by 10000000000. Which involves hours and hours and hours and hours and hours and hours of farming (going to planets and picking up nodes and running skill missions at the same time). Then on top of that you have to come up with credits for the white bits that you cant farm, running skill missions isnt going to cover what you need for a large scale crafting bomb. Then you have to farm for credits to pay for all the above. In the end you are wasting more resources than its worth a few measly points.

Even back in the day before they broke crafting and crafting conquest, my small guild still had to do other conquest objectives to maintain our point lead. We used to do ops lockouts with our alts and pugs from gen chat if we were ever short. We rain heroics, commanders, world bosses and flashpoints etc. We went through the objective list as much as possible and crafted in between it all. However this is where what Trixie mentioned before sets in... This all had to be planned and organized weeks and months in advance. Yes, small guilds used to be able to win conquest against large guilds by crafting on crafting conquest weeks BUT only through hardcore strategizing. We did it multiple times. It got to the point where large guilds would wait to see where we went before they invaded. It got to the point where they would message our GM to make sure they didnt go after the planet we chose. Our tiny little bitty guild did that. Not because we clicked a whole bunch of buttons a million times in a row. But because our little bitty guild decided to stand up to the large guilds and we found a way to do it. We planned and worked hard for it, but we did it. Every single one of us worked together as a team to make it happen.

Wishing all the best! :rak_03:

The game is basically telling you "Don't wanna click a button a million times? Don't bother organizing events for your guild, you can't win."

If you don't think that's a problem I don't know what to tell you.

It's not a problem. If you are truly running organized events against optimal points objectives in a larger guild, you aren't losing to a smaller guild just doing crafting (certainly not week after week).

What next?

Are you going to complain when another guild beats you by farming Ops trash, running non-stop PVP / GSF matches, farming world bosses, or spamming some of the recently buffed easy activities like Star Fortress weekly?

Should we just go ahead and demand they remove all repeatable objectives, make everything a daily/weekly, and/or cap the number of points a player can earn in a day?

It's not a problem. If you are truly running organized events against optimal points objectives in a larger guild, you aren't losing to a smaller guild just doing crafting (certainly not week after week).

What next?

Are you going to complain when another guild beats you by farming Ops trash, running non-stop PVP / GSF matches, farming world bosses, or spamming some of the recently buffed easy activities like Star Fortress weekly?

Should we just go ahead and demand they remove all repeatable objectives, make everything a daily/weekly, and/or cap the number of points a player can earn in a day?

One of these involve gathering together, socializing and playing the game, while the other revolves around secluding yourself with your alts and clicking the Craft button. It gives a massive advantage for a single person and nullifies organized groups in favor of solitary clicking.

One of these involve gathering together, socializing and playing the game, while the other revolves around secluding yourself with your alts and clicking the Craft button. It gives a massive advantage for a single person and nullifies organized groups in favor of solitary clicking.

So? Just because this is an MMO, doesn't mean your required to socialize. This is a story driven game even more then an MMO, so having stuff like crafting be a viable way as it currently is to get conquest is just fine. Not everyone wants to do Ops, or FP's or other group oriented content. I personally spend most of my game time doing GSF or Ops, however not everyone is like I am.

There are so many solo players in Swtor, that having activities for those players (even crafters) is appropriate. BW should leave crafting as it currently is for those that are specifically into that gameplay mode.

I'd like to ask how many members were online when this alleged push of the other crafting guild happened. Earlier you claimed that they had 1/4 your members but yet you still couldn't beat the other guild. It will always be quality of recruits over quantity. It seems your argument boils down to we have bigger number of people online thus we should win.

And on average how many people would you say you have online in your guild?

IMO debating over what constitutes the appropriate or approved style of playing SWTOR in order to win the guild conquest ... IMO the following posting in the suggestion part of the forum is actually pretty good !! (and yes ... I believe it's already been mentioned ... )

The discussion on that suggestion seems to be pretty good so far. I believe it has genuine merit ! A few tweaks ??? perhaps. But I'm quite certain that the team can figure it out !

I'd like to ask how many members were online when this alleged push of the other crafting guild happened. Earlier you claimed that they had 1/4 your members but yet you still couldn't beat the other guild. It will always be quality of recruits over quantity. It seems your argument boils down to we have bigger number of people online thus we should win.

And on average how many people would you say you have online in your guild?

You can doubt me all you want, but when there are 7 people online scattered across mostly planetary areas, and a guild is getting over a million points per hour, there's heavy crafting involved.

You can doubt me all you want, but when there are 7 people online scattered across mostly planetary areas, and a guild is getting over a million points per hour, there's heavy crafting involved.

I'm not doubting you I'm just trying to understand for my own edification on the subject. Don't take it as a personal attack.

Edited by Elohim_Reinkaos

I disagree. Yes you can craft anywhere. However when we were hardcore crafting for conquest, we mainly stayed on the guildship waiting in between ques for raids, pvp, gsf, fps etc. This way we had direct access to jawa junk, legacy banks (back then we didnt have the legacy mat inventory), personal cargo holds, guild bank and gtn. Also it was super easy to drop to fleet to get white bits (for those who didnt have the repair droid maxed out).

Being on dif planets prob means farming kills, heroics, dailies, scouting world bosses/commanders etc. Also this is only showing 7 online while you are online. How many come online when you arent?

Im just offering up the fact there are perfectly good reasonable and logically sound options of why they are point jumping and so few online while you are online. I also recommend going and speaking to them directly. When anyone ever approached us with "how do you do it?" we were always open with them. We tried to help as many people as possible who came to us for advice and pointers and "tricks of the trade". We were even open with the people we were in direct competition with. Im not saying everyone is going to be as open, but you never know until you ask. Who knows, they may be pretty cool and will work with you. Diplomacy is never a bad thing.

:rak_03:

Being on dif planets prob means farming kills, heroics, dailies, scouting world bosses/commanders etc. Also this is only showing 7 online while you are online. How many come online when you arent?

They were not moving from their planet, yes for sure those 7 people on Tatooine/Rishi/Fleet are doing rampage and world bosses to make 1 million points an hour. Stop wasting everyone's time with your "git gud" essays.

Edited by Eli_Porter

They were not moving from their planet, yes for sure those 7 people on Tatooine/Rishi/Fleet are doing rampage and world bosses to make 1 million points an hour. Stop wasting everyone's time with your "git gud" essays.

Can you tell us how many players were online in the guild that did 10mil over night by only craft? So I or another guy can count for you, how many weeks this guild had to prepare for their one try to win. Because you can't hardcore craft for conquest all conquest weeks. Can you tell us has your guild ever winned any invading? And can you tell us does your guild have a chance other weeks to win? I am interested how is this game telling you to click over and over. Also I'm interested how is possible to conquest craft every week.

Edit.: I see, 7 people were there. Do you know how many hours they were online?

Edited by ElDarksome

Hang on a sec. Not once did I say to "git gud" or implied that. You are claiming they are making millions of points by crafting alone. All i was pointing out is that maybe back in the day that was viable, its just not anymore. You shared your reasonings for your conclusion. Although not entirely impossible, just not very likely that its true. 10 million points in one night by just crafting is possible if you have a lot of guildies doing it non stop, 7 could do it in a few days but not overnight.

Since this thread has yet again derailed (Im partly to blame), Ill refrain from commenting more on this side topic.

Eli, I wish you all the best and hope that you can move past this and you wont let it deter you from enjoying the game. :rak_03:

Hang on a sec. Not once did I say to "git gud" or implied that. You are claiming they are making millions of points by crafting alone. All i was pointing out is that maybe back in the day that was viable, its just not anymore. You shared your reasonings for your conclusion. Although not entirely impossible, just not very likely that its true. 10 million points in one night by just crafting is possible if you have a lot of guildies doing it non stop, 7 could do it in a few days but not overnight.

Since this thread has yet again derailed (Im partly to blame), Ill refrain from commenting more on this side topic.

Eli, I wish you all the best and hope that you can move past this and you wont let it deter you from enjoying the game. :rak_03:

Further discussion about it is pointless. He has made up his mind it is crafting and no amount of proof or data is going to change his mind. Time is spent better discussing the impact of the changes on crafting and how it injures 99.9% of the crafting community while helping only a couple of large guilds keep down any challengers.

So? Just because this is an MMO, doesn't mean your required to socialize. This is a story driven game even more then an MMO, so having stuff like crafting be a viable way as it currently is to get conquest is just fine. Not everyone wants to do Ops, or FP's or other group oriented content. I personally spend most of my game time doing GSF or Ops, however not everyone is like I am.

There are so many solo players in Swtor, that having activities for those players (even crafters) is appropriate. BW should leave crafting as it currently is for those that are specifically into that gameplay mode.

This is correct to a large degree.

Also previously posted that is fitting to repeat :

[/snip]

Back on topic:

It's been said that this was possibly done as deliberate attempt to destroy crafting. On that point I disagree. I DO believe that if the "original" solution is over the top. It will hurt crafting (though I'm quite confident that it was not intended to destroy it). It will unquestionably discourage a lot of players who have been doing a lot of crafting.

I also believe that there are other opportunities where we can collectively pull together and seek a 3rd solution that will close off a large part of the opportunities for the exploitations that MAY have been used. None of us who care about this game approve of cheating. It's just that simple.

We have many different styles of players .. from all over the world (well .. just about it) and all come from different backgrounds. That said ... surely we can find common ground to solve a common problem that none of us want ... cheating !!

Change is inevitable .. change that grows the game is welcomed. Hurting each other for the sake of our own pride is seldom of lasting benefit !

And I still contend that this post is an excellent attempt to address some of the changes that are needed:

... All perfectly natural places to be if you're crafting and pvping (specially ranked, which takes a bit to pop). And Tatootine, ofc, stronghold is just a small possibility... Honestly, I have spent HOURS (and I mean... 8-10 hours) sitting in Rishi JUST killing grophets (#chevowhoooore) - back then, I got a Galactic Rampage Whatever Name (kill 200 enemies... Also got more conquest, but I digress). I was particularly unlucky (and lost named-grophets to other playes TWICE), but it really doesn't even sound strange... (Nowadays, don't you also get "reputation points" in rishi? idk). OFC, sitting there killin grophets may be considered part of "push a button to conquest", in a way.

So this morning I went to Darth Malgus and played a level 10 character I have there (a significant amount of Tython was left to do). It's the only character there and doesn't have a stronghold so no stronghold benefit or guild benefit. This is what I scored for Conquest in about 90 minutes.

Gain 5 lvls = 17,000

Gain a level (x5) = 12750

Increase Companion influence (just from the missions) = 6800

Sell Junk: 765

Hail a Taxi: 765

Defeat Enemies 1: 1600

Assign a utility point: 14,000

Tython Mission Completion: 2000

Storytime (x3): 9000

for right around 64,500. Adding in the Flagship bonus (15%) and the Conquerer II bonus (20%) which any conquest guild would have, the total gained by the guild is at least 87,000 for just about 2 hours of play. All of that is repeatable on the second day (and any subsequent days). Still a massive amount of points for the guild for really no effort at all from the guild (the entirety of the effort would be spam inviting the player to start with - which could easily be botted)

Sure but... If you got companion influence, either you finished Tython OR you got a companion from mail; which is... A subscriber perk. And the rest of the subscriber perks (early spring, quick travel, etc) ALSO impact how quickly real people that are f2p or preferred (the majority of people on starter planets) really get conquest points.

It's NOT that I disagree a guild can make huge conquest numbers with ninja invite/quick of players, just that, in reality, newbies are far more likely to "fall into the trap of a ninja invite" than experienced players are; experienced players with all sorts of perks normally are also already in groups and guilds and etc, so the impact is different. :)

Still a problem - but WORSE than a conquest problem (IMO) is the Welcoming to Community these new players are getting, the type of inferring they make of the game upon coming across that behaviour and how badly it affects the permanence of these few players. After all, keeping a healthy rooster of players is what keeps the game, right?

This is, of course, slightly OT from the thread, but an important consideration to make when thinking of these changes.

Still a problem - but WORSE than a conquest problem (IMO) is the Welcoming to Community these new players are getting, the type of inferring they make of the game upon coming across that behaviour and how badly it affects the permanence of these few players. After all, keeping a healthy rooster of players is what keeps the game, right?

Right the multiplayer aspect and joining a guild community of players to build friends, relationships, and commpettitive battles is what strengthens the core of the game.

Conquest updates should imo be focused on bringing the community of the guild together. You strengthen bonus people have you strengthen the core of the game.

The core of the game is multiplayer. If people only wanted to solo well there's other solo star wars games out their taylored to the solo player.

We need to be giving people a organized welcoming message to new people that draws them in to a well organized friendly guild. I can say many guild on the servers are organized and friendly.

People may not know guilds exist really when they first start the game. I do agree that if you KICK people their points should be gone.

However giving new people a penalty for 1 week because they just joined a guild doesn't send that warm fuzzy feeling.

Sure let guilds invite and fill up their rosters and they can get points right away that week.. But if a player gets kicked or leave then their points go with them.

I think thats more fair for the player and the guild. It should stop the abuse of ninja inviting but promote a more welcoming friendlyneas that we all need.

My 2 cent:)

Right the multiplayer aspect and joining a guild community of players to build friends, relationships, and commpettitive battles is what strengthens the core of the game.

Conquest updates should imo be focused on bringing the community of the guild together. You strengthen bonus people have you strengthen the core of the game.

In theory that's right, but in practice, we've already seen guilds that 'bring' people together, then throw them away. It's hard to build friends in a game when guilds frequently treat people like meat, demanding OTT CQ points, etc.

The core of the game is multiplayer. If people only wanted to solo well there's other solo star wars games out their taylored to the solo player.

The 'core' of the game isn't multiplayer, the core is Star Wars, an adventure set in the Star Wars universe, it's a multifaceted game, and unofficial, and 'head cannon' sequel to Knights. The fact it's an MMO, doesn't mean it's not also a single player, after all, we have KoTET, Kotfe, which is in essence a single player, not to mention, all the new FP's which have to be done , in SINGLE player, and lets not forget, the space rails missions, which can ONLY be done in single player.

As for other SW, name one that would give all these options? Because if there was, swtor would probably lose more of it's players.

We need to be giving people a organized welcoming message to new people that draws them in to a well organized friendly guild. I can say many guild on the servers are organized and friendly.

I agree, but we've seen them advertising as family friendly, join us we'll help, then suddenly they are in the guild, and it's, get x amount of CQ points, and log in every 7 days at least, or your gone, or if you don't use discord, you're history. For a new player, that can be intimidating too.

I do agree that if you KICK people their points should be gone.

Fully agree,

However giving new people a penalty for 1 week because they just joined a guild doesn't send that warm fuzzy feeling.

This I'm not sure about, on one hand, new players probably have enough to get in to, so maybe a week won't be too bad, but older players, who know the ropes and create new chars might be a bit miffed. But I think it might stop the mass invites, or at least curtail them a bit. But I do think , if you have a char in the guild already, the new char shouldn't have to wait the week, as your legacy is already a part of the guild.

My 2 cent:)

I added another 2 cents, so that's 4, no idea if it's enough to buy anything, but let see what happens...lol

Edited by DarkTergon

The CORE of the game is the original eight class stories. Which are solo activities.

There is nothing wrong with a player who prefers doing solo activities (for whatever reasons) and guilds should not be enouraged to become 'group activity only' bastions.

There are times you simply cannot have an uninterrupted 30 minutes or more of playtime that being in a group requires. Or for whatever reason you need to go at a slower pace than most groups like.

Currently, conquest allows people to contribute by doing what they want to. That means group activities and solo activities are both good ways to contribute to conquest. (rip crafting)

You need to get away from the perception that MMORPG means grouping up to do something is somehow preferable, or more important, than just doing things solo.

Group activities exist, and so do solo activities. They are both important, and should both be rewarded.

The CORE of the game is the original eight class stories. Which are solo activities.

There is nothing wrong with a player who prefers doing solo activities (for whatever reasons) and guilds should not be enouraged to become 'group activity only' bastions.

There are times you simply cannot have an uninterrupted 30 minutes or more of playtime that being in a group requires. Or for whatever reason you need to go at a slower pace than most groups like.

Currently, conquest allows people to contribute by doing what they want to. That means group activities and solo activities are both good ways to contribute to conquest. (rip crafting)

You need to get away from the perception that MMORPG means grouping up to do something is somehow preferable, or more important, than just doing things solo.

Group activities exist, and so do solo activities. They are both important, and should both be rewarded.

Mmorpg

Massive multiplayer.

The end game is being in a community/guild

Its what keeps the game running people playing together. :)

8 class stories sure but what do u do when u finish close the game? No u find a guild run raids with them do rp events make friends have fun.

Conquest changes don't affect solo players they can do the story close the game and be done. But we gotta be careful guild conquest changes don't harm the community that glues swtor togetger.

Edited by codydmaan

Mmorpg

Massive multiplayer.

The end game is being in a community/guild

Its what keeps the game running people playing together. :)

8 class stories sure but what do u do when u finish close the game? No u find a guild run raids with them do rp events make friends have fun.

Conquest changes don't affect solo players they can do the story close the game and be done. But we gotta be careful guild conquest changes don't harm the community that glues swtor togetger.

Multiplayer does NOT equal 'Must Group'. Even if you never group up, you can still interact with others by things like crafting (!) and just chatting with other players and helping them out if they have questions.

Raids and PvP can be fun, but not everyone wants, or can, do them all the time. It really is not fun to be the only player who can't hear voice in a 'voice required' group activity.

Is that going to be next thing certain players start begging Bioware to do? Remove the option for solo players to contribute to conquest and guilds?

Guilds, like the rest of the game, are about more than simply doing group activities.