So we just accept the advertising bar now?

Lundorff

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Venting is totally fine, but I see no reason to positively affirm melodrama. Nobody is being 'attacked' or 'demeaned', unless disagreement is demeaning.

Adding lol's to a post is demeaning and makes one wonder why don't have anything else to do than defending BW's decision to ruin the interface piece by piece. I mean there's a thread on Bugs forum about Odessen banners being too bright. Some time ago someone had problem with Vector's eyes being bugged. If you want to pee on things that are not important to you, but are important to someone else, maybe you should pick and target one of those posts instead, because they only affect a handful of people, while this one affects everyone? You are putting a lot of energy into this topic defending BW, so yes, looks like you are just trolling. The least you could do is shut up and let people vent, instead of doing whatever you think you are doing.

Adding lol's to a post is demeaning and makes one wonder why don't have anything else to do than defending BW's decision to ruin the interface piece by piece..

I'm not defending BW. I realize that the forum narrative is "I'm angry that BW did x" and if someone says "But why don't you just do y or z" the response is "Quit defending BW you paid shill!!" :rak_03:

The forum is a safe space insofar as you're allowed to be angry and to vent and to fill up threads with how terrible and gamewrecking the end of days etc etc. It's completely allowed. And I in turn am allowed to :rolleyes: and if you don't like it well you are certainly free to put me on ignore. And my pov is not "oh BW is perfect stahp saying mean things about them!!", but rather that the constant refrain is "this is important to ME". OK, so back your words up with action. Because rn it's more like Karen demanding to see the manager., but they're not around so she's writing a very sharply worded comment on their website.

Edited by Ardrossan

:) I logged in just to see that (2nd or 3rd time since Onslaught). It's like the Permanent Ad Bars from the early internet times. Seriously though, It takes up alot of room, it removes *Decision from the Members (No Brownie points there) it's *Petty and nomatter how many people complain it's unlikely it'll change.

The largest issue I have with it is that it is not part of the interface editor. Like... can I please chose where to place it, and make it so that it can be flush with the edge of the screen.

It is quite moveable. I keep mine at the very top just to the left of the center. It's pretty much out of the way. Problem is that sometimes it does wonder off from the point I set it up but NOT very often. Truth is I have very few issues with this. (please don't throw the old man under the buss … I'm just being honest).

Since before release (PTS forum) I have always suggested that it should be intergraded with the rest of the UI.

*** It seems that for some odd reason the rest of the UI "remembers / holds" things in a better position and doesn't "wonder" around once set in place.

*** the Normal UI can be adjusted in size.

These are my only two recommendations.

I also agree that it is unlikely that many changes (if any at all ) will take place.

As to why some folks are obviously having more trouble with the new social bar not responding properly or perhaps moving more frequently than it does for others … I'm at a total loss.

There has to be a reason while this is more trouble for some than it is for others.

We just need to get a "news" website like Bleeding Cool to do a story, framed as follows....

The advertising bar, due to it's shape and the way it extends, is clearly a symbol of the patriarachy.

FORCING people to have that on their UI, without their consent, is assault. They're basically slapping us in the face with it.

This is 2020, and that is NOT okay.

You get the idea. :rak_03:

Actually it is, it's open every time you log in, hides behind the chat window, on some people it pops open everytime they move planet, or location. And on top of that it's an AD BAR, in a game where I PAY a sub, I shouldn't have to put up with a friggin ad bar, if I was a F2P, or pref, there might be an argument for it.

I don't have that problem. It's only open when I first log into a different character since they started it. I minimize it, and it stays minimize for that character planet to planet, log off then log back on.

After seeing this I Did Create a Ticket and Bug Report; They responded the next day saying they were sorry there is nothing they could do. They also suggested adding this in the "Suggestion Box" and the More Resonance this gets the more Likely there will be changes in future updates. C.S. also mentioned they know many do not like it.

It's dumb, no one asked for it and they should get rid of it to show the players that they actually listen to us.

So many people hate it. They should just remove it if that many people still hate it. This coming from someone who has no issues with the bar personally.

After seeing this I Did Create a Ticket and Bug Report; They responded the next day saying they were sorry there is nothing they could do. They also suggested adding this in the "Suggestion Box" and the More Resonance this gets the more Likely there will be changes in future updates.

I lol'd. Now that is a slap in the face.

I honestly hated the thing at first. In all fairness, however, I hate most things...and I always hate change.

That being said, I haven't had any issues with it staying put, and I just close it on each of my characters after the conquest resets. As far as the "forced advertising"...it's no worse than the Cartel Market button at the top of the screen. It's there, it's not in the way, so just ignore it.

If it was always open and couldn't be closed, moved or deleted...yeah, different story. With all the things I'd like them to focus on, this bar is very near the bottom of the list.

We need a name purge, and we need guild caps either significantly either, or removed altogether. That's just my opinion.

That being said, I haven't had any issues with it staying put, and I just close it on each of my characters after the conquest resets. As far as the "forced advertising"...it's no worse than the Cartel Market button at the top of the screen. It's there, it's not in the way, so just ignore it.

Yeah it is, a lot worse. It's our decision if and when we want to open Cartel Market when we click it open from the menu bar. I used to check flash sale every day, but now? not a chance. They can keep their pixels and shove them where the sun don't shine.

When we have to minimize this new piece of crap on every toon after every conquest reset, it's not our decision to see what's on flash sale, they are forcing us to see it if we want to play the game. The pop up is ugly and intrusive, and I already know I'm gonna be in a bad mood again when I'll collect my conquest rewards on 50+ toons.

Exactly what this game needs: a lot of players on bad mood, because game is not toxic enough yet?

Yeah it is, a lot worse. It's our decision if and when we want to open Cartel Market when we click it open from the menu bar. I used to check flash sale every day, but now? not a chance. They can keep their pixels and shove them where the sun don't shine.

When we have to minimize this new piece of crap on every toon after every conquest reset, it's not our decision to see what's on flash sale, they are forcing us to see it if we want to play the game. The pop up is ugly and intrusive, and I already know I'm gonna be in a bad mood again when I'll collect my conquest rewards on 50+ toons.

Exactly what this game needs: a lot of players on bad mood, because game is not toxic enough yet?

^ This........

^not this. It's a bar. One click and it's minimised. Get a grip. One more click amongst the other clicks you are going to have to do when you collect your 50+ rewards on your toons is nothing. Stop making out it's the end of the world as we know it.

^not this. It's a bar. One click and it's minimised. Get a grip. One more click amongst the other clicks you are going to have to do when you collect your 50+ rewards on your toons is nothing. Stop making out it's the end of the world as we know it.

If you bothered reading the thread, or the other multiples, you'd see it's not just a bar. It's an ad bar, a bugged bar, a bar that was designed, but not needed or asked for. It was designed badly, and released even though it's bugged. It's a bar that took resources to design, and implement, resources that could have been used to fix long standing bugs. Resources that are going to be used again to fix the damn thing. It's not just one click and ignore, it's one click per toon every week, at the very least, that's assuming you are one of the unlucky ones who it's bugged for, which means it needs to be clicked every time you move or log in. So you get a grip, read a bit and realise that people who don't have issues, and claiming 'it's not broken for me, or no issue for me', so you should put up with it, are part of the problem.

So you get a grip, read a bit and realise that people who don't have issues, and claiming 'it's not broken for me, or no issue for me', so you should put up with it, are part of the problem.

"People who disagree with me are part of the problem."

Fixed that for you.

While I could certainly blame BW for a lot, your 'bad mood' isn't their responsibility. It's kind of remarkable the way the onus for toxic behavior is shifted from the players to the company via some players' perspective.

Edited by Ardrossan

If you bothered reading the thread, or the other multiples, you'd see it's not just a bar. It's an ad bar, a bugged bar, a bar that was designed, but not needed or asked for. It was designed badly, and released even though it's bugged. It's a bar that took resources to design, and implement, resources that could have been used to fix long standing bugs. Resources that are going to be used again to fix the damn thing. It's not just one click and ignore, it's one click per toon every week, at the very least, that's assuming you are one of the unlucky ones who it's bugged for, which means it needs to be clicked every time you move or log in. So you get a grip, read a bit and realise that people who don't have issues, and claiming 'it's not broken for me, or no issue for me', so you should put up with it, are part of the problem.

Oh pur-lease.How many resources did this bar use up?

One whole click per toon per week? Wow, you're right, that's a hell of a lot of work, how will you cope with that extra click? I'll hold a vigil for you and all the other brave souls shouldering this burden. Thank you for your service.

Oh pur-lease.How many resources did this bar use up?

One whole click per toon per week? Wow, you're right, that's a hell of a lot of work, how will you cope with that extra click? I'll hold a vigil for you and all the other brave souls shouldering this burden. Thank you for your service.

you're obviously pretty much ignorant about how much work, and resources goes in to programming, art design, etc. I'm fairly clueless about it myself, as it's not my area of expertise, , but the fact you know even less then me, says a lot about you. And your lack of empathy says even more.

It doesn't work, they don't care. There wil always be people who'll stay, because it's the only SW MMO out there. There's also a lot of good with the game. So unsubbing isn't really an option. But complaining, and keeping up the pressure from inside, might work, it has for some stuff in the past.

The Good vs Bad equation in this game has been massively swinging to bad ever since Keith took over, promising to be more communicative then the guy before him and becoming the least communicative Lead Producer the game has ever had.

There hasn't been a single patch since then that was overall a net positive, a few broke even, but the majority just swung this game further towards the bad.

In game ads?

So glad I cancelled my 3 month rolling sub two months ago.

All The Best

I accept it, because I don't have issues with it and it does not affect my gameplay in any negative way. The new bar even has a positive side to it in that you can see the current flash sale and your progress in reaching your personal conquest goal without having to do the additional clicks of opening the CM and Conquest window. It's definitely more clunky than elegant and it is full well within the tradition of adding bugged things to the engine, but it's also far from the worst thing in the game right now.

What I find more curious and quite amusing is the toxicity poured down onto anyone who even dares to not chime in on the protest and at the same time to lament the toxicity of the community.

If they want to advertise the store, just put a login window with a daily reward system like so many other MMOs and mobile games do. They can offer a daily reward, show off the daily/weekly/monthly store special, and highlight any weekly event that is active. Quick ESC to get out of and all done.

The bar isn't effective, the devs were told as much during PTS and put it through anyway

I'm sorry, but that it absolutely not true at all and completely backwards. Please re-read the conversation in this thread and all the others, especially the ones right after the patch was live. The mob mentality was absolutely absurd. This was the main reason why I didn't write anything else after my initial feedback. Even the most reasonable arguments about what people could actually do against it (like showing their protest through unsubbing and pointing out the new social bar as the reason) are constantly shot down by the crowd that hates the new social bar and lumped together with "BioWare defenders" and being "part of the problem". And it's very rich to claim victim status after you threw the first punch.

It reminds me a lot of the street protests from the extreme left and right that physically attack bystanders that don't agree with them or reporters that document the protest and after everything is over and the shops destroyed they depict themselves as the real victims.

Actually, the first 'punch' was

That's what all this forum whining comes down to: how dare they do this...to SUBSCRIBERS!? /snip.

everyone else before that, were saying it didn't work, or did, no one started slagging before then.There was an actual discussion, even people who didn't have the issue, were talking about how it should be fixed. Sure, it went downhill after that, but with 20 threads filled with the same ****, and 'I don't have that issue, so it's not real'. Even that comment wasn't directed at everyone, as most people who didn't have the issue, didn't put down others that did.

So please show me, how I fired the first shot?

Chances are I won't be able to replay, there's a mod on my *** at the moment, and everytime I say something I get silenced :rolleyes

The Good vs Bad equation in this game has been massively swinging to bad ever since Keith took over, promising to be more communicative then the guy before him and becoming the least communicative Lead Producer the game has ever had.

There hasn't been a single patch since then that was overall a net positive, a few broke even, but the majority just swung this game further towards the bad.

In game ads?

So glad I cancelled my 3 month rolling sub two months ago.

All The Best

Haven't had a rolling sub in a long time, just used time cards, or kept using the 2 month one time payment, but it has gotten to the point where I wonder every two months if I should bother getting it again. Was thinking about other MMO's but I hate to start from scratch, and leave all I've built up over the years. With things going downhill all the time, maybe I'll reach that point :/