So we just accept the advertising bar now?

Lundorff

I meant I can access both conquest and cartel marker easy enough by clicking the menu bar before the UI element was introduced, I don't need it now.

What off-centre? No don't tell me, I don't want to "cannot unseen" myself lol

Yeah, you don't want to know lol

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's sad to see, but the instances are becoming less populated. Might be that people are getting out more, or that other games have new content, so they are visiting there, or people have become disallusioned with all the recent issues.

On one hand, it's great when doing heroics, not so much competition. But I'd suffer that to see more instances, with more people.

Keep in mind it is also the summer. Swtor has always had a drought in player base during this period. Once it gets colder outside people tend to play more video games, and in turn swtor also gets more players returning.

It's sad to see, but the instances are becoming less populated. Might be that people are getting out more, or that other games have new content, so they are visiting there, or people have become disallusioned with all the recent issues.

On one hand, it's great when doing heroics, not so much competition. But I'd suffer that to see more instances, with more people.

Yeah.. I was reading posts like this since 2015. Yeah , game is dead... but somehow, after almost 10 years, it's still here.

You really have to be a super nerd to keep watching instances. Just play the damn game. It's an MMO. People come and go all the time.

Keep in mind it is also the summer. Swtor has always had a drought in player base during this period. Once it gets colder outside people tend to play more video games, and in turn swtor also gets more players returning.

Surprisingly, many other older games have record numbers of people playing them even though it’s summer because we have covid and social distancing.

If we follow your logic, you implying swtor players are immune to covid and don’t social distance?

More likely they are just playing bother games because Bioware’s performance on simple bugs and fixes has been so appalling this year.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Surprisingly, many other older games have record numbers of people playing them even though it’s summer because we have covid and social distancing.

If we follow your logic, you implying swtor players are immune to covid and don’t social distance?

More likely they are just playing bother games because Bioware’s performance on simple bugs and fixes has been so appalling this year.

Not to mention there's has been an excessive amount of toxicity lately, which has turned people away too :(

When you have long term subs, walking away completely, taking a break, or playing a lot less, it shows the state the game is in, and how it's affecting the community

I'm not sure that's a fair comment. You speak of this year but the influx of players has been just a few months now. And now it did taper off significantly.

I don't think that has to do with the bug fixes or lack thereof. I think it has to do with the game set up as it is and has been since 5.0. There is too little new stuff to do and you have RNG and high credit costs to get to your BiS gearing. That will not hold players I think. It just annoys them and they start looking for fun elsewhere or they got their SWTOR fix for the year and have left by now because there is little to do for the returning player.

So many silly bugs and mistakes these last few months have actually made people play less. I’m play only 10% of what I was playing back in March and the main reasons are the stupid bugs and bad decisions Bioware make and then dont fix or go silent like they don’t care.

^ This.

In March/April I was playing 20 odd hours a week.

Now?

I haven't even logged in for the last 4 weeks or so.

All The Best

So let me get this straight.

Pick a bug that has been around for years like when you RE an assembly component that has been in your legacy bank you don't get a augment slot component so you waste all of those supplies if you're trying to make augment kits.

You are suggesting that BW focus on this bar? Or advocating we unsubscribe because of this bar (hint: BW doesn't care about unsubscriptions) rather than the RE bug among all of the others?

How about complaining about how much gearing is screwed up because of the level-sync. THAT is more game breaking than this bar.

Sorry, had to reply to this again, my original one was removed. Probably irrelevant at this stage. But I'll rephrase it, without offensive words. :rolleyes:

If they didn't do the bar, they could have fixed any bug you mentioned, but you are probabaly right, they might not have anyway, and wasted time on something else. But there's alway a possiblity that what they could have done, would have been better. That was one of the issues brought up. Also the fact it's bugged and causing issues is another. The time they have to devote to fixing this, could have been used in other places.

Another thing you have to remember is not all bugs effect everyone. The level sync, has never effected me, as it's never stopped me from doing the content I like, it's never caused me any problems. So should I give out that they 'might' put resources in to fixing it?

Anyway, as I said it's irrelevant at this stage. And I apologise if my posts offended you.

Edited by DarkTergon

^ This.

In March/April I was playing 20 odd hours a week.

Now?

I haven't even logged in for the last 4 weeks or so.

All The Best

Pretty much the same here, in fact in the last week, I've logged in to my two sanctuary toons, as they've a 10 day inactive policy, and I like the guild, so I want to keep them in it. One logged in to my main gtn char, and relist my stuff. and one other to help a guy with guild decos.