Small Yield Invasion Target for Swoop Gang Mayhem?

RBWTOR

Hey all,

This is intentional as the Swoop Conquest specifically covers the 3 planets that are a part of the Swoop event. That said, we understand the concern from Small Guilds around not having a small yield planet to target, the team is looking at options for the future!

-eric

So you flipped off small guilds with this decision, and now you want us to know that you did it on purpose. I'm not surprised.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all,

This is intentional as the Swoop Conquest specifically covers the 3 planets that are a part of the Swoop event. That said, we understand the concern from Small Guilds around not having a small yield planet to target, the team is looking at options for the future!

-eric

Seems like pretty stupid and easily avoided oversight if you’d used an actual plan

Yeah exactly, the whole "3 planets" thing makes no sense as to why Small Yield was excluded. lol

Explain yourself Mr. Musco!! LOLOL

He can’t cause he doesn’t understand the basics of the game. And the Devs probably said something like, oh, damn we didn’t think of that and Musco’s attitude is to not follow up and just blame them instead of trying to explain it like a REAL COMMUNITY MANAGER would. You know, like actually manage the communities expectations and communicate.

Bring back Tait or let Dan post. At least Dan says he will find out and get back to us instead of dumping a heap of steaming brown garbage on us as an excuse for not finding out more.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I think this is right. They went for theme intentionally, which was a good idea, but probably forgot to check the yields. Give them some time. Your concerns are legitimate, so they may correct it in time for the next run.

Any entry level project manager should have picked up such a rookie mistake. It should never have happened to start with.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

He can’t cause he doesn’t understand the basics of the game. And the Devs probably said something like, oh, damn we didn’t think of that and Musco’s attitude is to not follow up and just blame them instead of trying to explain it like a REAL COMMUNITY MANAGER would. You know, like actually manage the communities expectations and communicate.

Bring back Tait or let Dan post. At least Dan says he will find out and get back to us instead of dumping a heap of steaming brown garbage on us as an excuse for not finding out more.

Get off Musco's back. Seriously. Jeeze, i was joking when I said Mr. Musco.

As another player stated it has to do with the CQ planets & their bases of Large, Med, Small...

Eric is fine. He's doing what he is allowed to do. Smh...neither Dan nor Tait are/were community managers.

Get off Musco's back. Seriously. Jeeze, i was joking when I said Mr. Musco.

As another player stated it has to do with the CQ planets & their bases of Large, Med, Small...

Eric is fine. He's doing what he is allowed to do. Smh...neither Dan nor Tait are/were community managers.

Nope, Musco is a bad communicator and community manager. And I’m not the only one who thinks this.

His posts have as much empathy for players issues as a high speed train has when hitting an ant.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

What about options for this week? Do my guildmates and I just not get to have guild conquest rewards for this week because "the team" made a horrible decision without thinking of how it affects players?

Yes, this is exactly what you and many others will not get. They planned it this way, it was deliberate, sorry you guys were not included in the discussion. (But are you ever really?)

Yes, this is exactly what you and many others will not get. They planned it this way, it was deliberate, sorry you guys were not included in the discussion. (But are you ever really?)

And god forbid Musco would show any empathy towards the players who will miss out.

No small guild conquest this week.... Guess I'm taking the week off. Conquest was the only real motivation I've had to play in the last couple months. I might check out this swoop thing, though if it's timed, I think I am going to go do some housework... equally fun, more rewarding..

Hey all,

-eric

Dunno why it matters that these planets are in the swoop event...

I typically log into and play a dozen toons per week, ten of whom are orgainized into an alt guild. Granted, half of those toons are only crafters, but I "play" them nonetheless.

I can maybe realistically pull off a medium invasion during a crafting week, which this event most decidedly is not. I work full time, and I'm not going to turn the game into a second job for this incompetence.

So this week, I will only play two of my 12 active toons. The first was an accident as I had crafting lined up before logging in today. The second is my guildmaster, who found no invasion targets to invade because 3 swoop planets do not align with large/medium/small invasion targets according to EAWare Math.

The only reason I have to log into the game at all until next Tuesday is my typical Wednesday night swtor social hour with friends. Other than that, it's time to play the games I just picked up on the Steam Summer Sale--money that did not go into the Cartel Market, I should like to add.

I'll maybe play the event the next time it comes up, if and only if Bioware makes swoop racing great for small guilds again.

I think this is right. They went for theme intentionally, which was a good idea, but probably forgot to check the yields. Give them some time. Your concerns are legitimate, so they may correct it in time for the next run.

Better to say that it is *accurate*. If you say it's "right", you risk being read as somehow excusing it because of the mutlitude of meanings of "right".

At first I thought "options for the future" may be to give everyone who made Conquest and didn't earn a encryption a free one to make up for this. Then I thought someone would sit the dev team down and start the meeting with, "You done messed up A - Aron." and proceed to explain how they could put a swoop event on a small yield planet. Such a meeting would involve flowcharts, breakout sessions, tiger-team lock-up sessions and liberal use of Sigma-6 and redevelopment would take 7 months - but hey it's progress.

Instead I think nothing will change and everyone will get a free mount which is just like another free mount we got but in a different color.

Instead I think nothing will change and everyone will get a free mount which is just like another free mount we got but in a different color.

I'd like a sea-green Hyrotii-type bike, or a hot-pink giant worm mount, thinking like Dune Sand Worms... Only hot-pink.

, or a hot-pink giant worm mount, thinking like Dune Sand Worms... Only hot-pink.

I prefer a natural colour, but if we got a worm mount, I'd suffer the pink ...lol

Please stop you two. BW will read it, think it's what the crowd is demanding and my joke will become reality.

But, hot pink is nice.

Nah, it's ok, they don't listen to us anyway...lol

Edited by DarkTergon

Hey all,

-eric

I can understand these planets being designated this week for the event, but not clear on why that designation meant that none of them could be small yield?

I can understand these planets being designated this week for the event, but not clear on why that designation meant that none of them could be small yield?

I think the planets are already set as , small, medium or large. So they probably couldn't reset it. What I don't understand is why they didn't add in another planet for small yields.

Please stop you two. BW will read it, think it's what the crowd is demanding and my joke will become reality.

But, hot pink is nice.

You just never know! With BW, it's best to throw as much on the wall as possible, and hope something sticks. I think it boils down to when someone of worth at BW reads the forums on their own, it's then they see for their own eyes what the players are expressing.

We have had this happen in the past, and guys like ******* who is in a very significant position at BW. This high ranking BW representative interacted with the forums directly himself when put in a place and time where he had to read the forums himself versus having what the forums are saying told to him by community management.

When in this more direct position, these other more important BW representatives actually seemed to tell the devs what we were saying. How did we know? Because everyday this BW rep would enter the forums, tell us what the devs said, and then asked us what we wanted or thought would be best for the Rishi SH which is what was being developed at the time. What we saw was actual changes, REAL changes occurring that resulted from our feedback! It's one of the only times this has ever happened, btw. It really was a zen-like moment regarding forum communication and BW!

The unfortunate thing is the Forums seems not be a very popular place for Bioware representatives to interact with their playerbase, ironic seeing it is their official SWTOR website and forums, but instead when community management is steering the ship so-to-speak, well, we get steered nowhere because feedback seems to never get passed from players to BW because the forums are largely ignored. If BW is going to ignore the feedback they even ask for, exactly what is the point of the forums then? Sure, it feels good venting and arguing with other frustrated players sometimes or "discussing" things as some say, but ultimately the forums is a hub of communication and that does include communication from BW to their playerbase. They just don't seem to view it this way, or at least someone doesn't. If they did, we would see true interaction between players and BW, and we don't.

TL;DR

My point is, hey, you never know who might read something on these forums, and my hot-pink Dune Sand Worm just might go from fantasy to reality! The good news is, the art department will be in charge of it and if there is one part of BW that is competent, it's their art department people! I have no doubt they'd come up with an awesome Sand Worm mount, and as most mounts I am sure they'd have different colors available, even some in more au natural skin-tone colors!