Small Yield Invasion Target for Swoop Gang Mayhem?

RBWTOR

Thanks for this clear example. I'm starting to see the why now. It's not so much about small guilds per se, but rather how you play in combination with being a small guild which exacerbates the situation. The focus shouldn't be on the guild being small, because other small guilds do manage just fine, but rather the playstyle. I'm not sure if there are many people like you and that's why BioWare might not consider it a big enough issue but at least Dasty explained it better. For the future I would really suggest calling it what it is because it's not about guilds being small that makes it hard for you guys but rather how (and when) you play the game. I find that a fair argument but I got distracted because you argued small guilds had these issues but only certain types of small guilds do because of other reasons and those reasons are certainly fair enough.

You can call it playstyle, whatever makes you feel better. But you're the one that brought maths in to it.

This is the only math that counts.

Small yield planet 4 toons, 4 fs plans 200k points

medium yield 1 toon 1 fs plan 200k points.

Just because you have the time to put in to your small guild and get the points, does not mean everyone else does.

I'm sure the people in my guilds feel the same, as well as lots of others.

The simple factor is, with the small yield planet gone small guilds get shafted. It doesn't effect anyone else.

But that seems to happen here a lot, someone puts up an issue, and another always jumps up as says it doesn't effect me, so it must be a non issue. :SMH:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can call it playstyle, whatever makes you feel better. But you're the one that brought maths in to it.

This is the only math that counts.

Small yield planet 4 toons, 4 fs plans 200k points

medium yield 1 toon 1 fs plan 200k points.

Just because you have the time to put in to your small guild and get the points, does not mean everyone else does.

I'm sure the people in my guilds feel the same, as well as lots of others.

The simple factor is, with the small yield planet gone small guilds get shafted. It doesn't effect anyone else.

But that seems to happen here a lot, someone puts up an issue, and another always jumps up as says it doesn't effect me, so it must be a non issue. :SMH:

You know, I brought in the maths to demonstrate how a small guild can quite easily get the 2 million cap. And therefore that proves that small guilds can easily obtain this objective. Therefore it's logical to conclude that it's not about small guilds but something else.

Dasty made the point that it's about doing what's fun and now having to do some things that they don't consider fun. That's a playstyle argument.

But you keep bashing on the argument that it affects small guilds negatively because they are small. That's a false argument as proven. However, easy doesn't make it fun and perhaps you have a small guild with a handful of people that are really time constricted so they want to focus on what they enjoy. All fair arguments as such.

But the fact that a guild is small does not lead to them having a hard time with making the conquest target. There are other factors in play there. And no, I do not consider 1-person guilds small guilds because they are a category by themselves. They will struggle but then they are using a guild for one person which is allowed but not what they are meant for. It's to bring people together rather than isolating yourself. You can do this, but do not expect the same treatment as guilds that actually have 4+ people in it. There's a reason why a guild has to be created with 4 people after all.

The question has been answered multiple times. Just because you do not like the answer, or do not agree with it, does not mean that the answer has not been given. Further, it is not on us to justify to you the reason why.

I agree :)

Same. My wife and I have been having a hiatus since they ran this event last.

First because of how they did it the first time and then all the bugs, especially the crafting one that put mine back to 600.

Now they have made a deserter debuff in pvp too and a change in how we achieve the missions.

I think I’ve logged in 3-4 times this month and each has been a bad time. Makes you not even want to bother logging into the game anymore.

At least Marvel Avengers is out on beta 14th Aug and then Star Wars Squadrons will be out in October. If either of those catch our interest, I think we’ll finally be done with swtor.

I haven't played as much in the last few weeks, due to this, the bugs, etc. People in the smaller guilds I'm in, just didn't bother with CQ, not because they couldn't get the points, it's just not worth doing four times the effort for the same reward, no matter how easy it is to get them. Frankly I can't blame theem. I'm just doing it on my two big guilds, to keep my toons there (although technically you don't need CQ to stay in the guild, just be active), and aanyone else that gets it, it's just luck, or I notice they are close, so switch to something that will finish it.

I tried looking up the marvel games' site, it looks interesting, but think it's only a multiply, not MMO, unless I missed something...lol

EDIT : It's been said a few times by different people, and I'd agree, they should have put in a 4th plaanet, for the small yield. Unless there is a good reason they couldn't, something that could break the game or cause bugs, then I could understand if they didn't. And if that were the case, if they actually told people, we might be more understanding.

Edited by DarkTergon

Dasty made the point that it's about doing what's fun and now having to do some things that they don't consider fun. That's a playstyle argument.

Wrong. The dangers of paraphrasing.

It is impossible to understand the playstyle argument devoid of context, which in this case, is actually math.

That's why I said they are "inextricably linked" this week.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

So it’s Sunday in Australia, going into Sunday US. Only 24 hours to go till Monday morning. The question is wether Bioware will publicly address the community concerns on Monday with a yellow post to tell us what they plan to do for the next swoop event or wether we should expect to be locked out of it each time.

So it’s Sunday in Australia, going into Sunday US. Only 24 hours to go till Monday morning. The question is wether Bioware will publicly address the community concerns on Monday with a yellow post to tell us what they plan to do for the next swoop event or wether we should expect to be locked out of it each time.

I wouldn't hold my breath. They had time to fix this, if it was fixable, or even to say something before now, but they haven't. Chances are they'll put up some generic 'we are looking in to it' post, like the last time, and just ignore it.

I hit two million points with my guild on Star Forge on the 3rd night using my two accounts and some other players in my guild (around 400k points from them at most).

I switched to SS to see if I could get to 2 million with JUST my two accounts in the remaining time.

I hit 1 million last night.

I can easily do 500k today and 500k Monday to meet the goal by farming everything.

That's my normal playstyle, I don't think many people can say the same.

However, because of whatever reason anyone wants to ascribe to this, I have to put in more "work" this week since there is no small yield planet to invade than I normally would. (normally I would choose small planet invasion on all other servers / guilds that I have).

So now, rather than hitting the goal on Imp & Pub on SF.....on Imp & Pub on SS, and either Imp or Pub on DM (or both if I play enough) I can only do two of those six.

However, because of whatever reason anyone wants to ascribe to this, I have to put in more "work" this week since there is no small yield planet to invade than I normally would. (normally I would choose small planet invasion on all other servers / guilds that I have).

So now, rather than hitting the goal on Imp & Pub on SF.....on Imp & Pub on SS, and either Imp or Pub on DM (or both if I play enough) I can only do two of those six.

And that's the exact point a few of us were trying to make. Because there was no small yield, some guilds suffered.

Personally I just didn't do it with the small guilds, instead I got CQ on toons I don't normally use, and will give the plans to the small guilds, That way I can still do the same amount of toons , and get the same amount of flagship plans, without disrupting my gaming time or schedule too much

I wouldn't hold my breath. They had time to fix this, if it was fixable, or even to say something before now, but they haven't. Chances are they'll put up some generic 'we are looking in to it' post, like the last time, and just ignore it.

You are probably right. I get the feeling this is another one of their “head in the sand moments” while:they wait for small guilds to die or stop complaining.

My guild is pretty small, even smaller when you consider the pool of active players atm. We have 3 active players. We've actually been selecting medium yield planets even when it's not forced. In fairness, and the spirit of full disclosure, two of us who are active have pretty flexible schedules right now. I'm not sure if we will be able to maintain the numbers once that changes.

I can definitely see how it's an issue for some guilds, especially if the members have difficult schedules. It is more of a grind.

You are probably right. I get the feeling this is another one of their “head in the sand moments” while:they wait for small guilds to die or stop complaining.

The sad part is they added something that most would enjoy but I know some small guilds that are refusing to do the event so they are actually hurting themselves by doing what they have done.

The sad part is they added something that most would enjoy but I know some small guilds that are refusing to do the event so they are actually hurting themselves by doing what they have done.

I avoided Pirate Incursion until they made the currency legacy bound, and I will avoid this event until they have resolved the planetary yields. If enough people boycott it they will get the idea that they spent money developing something that no one is playing due to their ****-up.

Regardless of the conquest part of this event, I tried it last time around. It doesn't "click" with me. There are also no rewards worth doing the event if the event isn't fun. (and for me...it isn't)

To be fair, a month wasn't enough to come up with ideas, hold meetings / agree on a plan, hold more meetings to assign the project...do the project, hold meetings about telling the players about it, test the waters with player feedback (most likely going to be skipped anyway) and implement the plan.

To be fair, a month wasn't enough to come up with ideas, hold meetings / agree on a plan, hold more meetings to assign the project...do the project, hold meetings about telling the players about it, test the waters with player feedback (most likely going to be skipped anyway) and implement the plan.

To be fair, they had the entire project development time frame before they launched the event to look at the Conquest implications and ensure there was a planet for each yield category.

To be fair, they have had more than a month since they posted that "the team is looking at options for the future!" Simply posting something on the forum in response to legitimate questions by the player base does not require all the steps you outline.

To be fair, that is a subscription period's worth of silence.

To be fair, that is twice in that same month's time my small guild could not make its Conquest goal while larger guilds continued sailing on blithely unaffected.

To be fair, it's a pretty clear statement of what BioWare values - and that small guilds are not in any way represented in that.

/sigh

I miss the sarcasm font

I understood you were being sarcastic. But I expect that, if they say anything, that is exactly the line BioWare would take anyway... and my patience is at an end with this.

• Dev Post

Hi Friends!

I wanted to talk to you a bit today about Conquests, specifically Guild Invasions and how they relate to the Swoop Gang Mayhem Conquest.

When we created the new Swoop Gang Mayhem Conquest, we wanted to thematically mirror the planets Guilds could invade with the planets that had tracks and content for the event: Dantooine, Tatooine, and Onderon. Unfortunately, this created a situation where there was an imbalance in the size of planets available to invade, punishing those Guilds who coordinate their Conquest activities around a Small Yield planet being available each week.

What we’re doing about it: Beginning in the next All Worlds Ultimate Swoop Rally event on September 22, there will be a Small Yield planet (in addition to Large and Medium) available every time the event returns.

In the longer term, we are exploring de-coupling planets from Large/Medium/Small Yield rewards to add some variety to each invasion week. Meaning a planet now categorized as Small Yield could show up as a Large Yield planet, and vice versa. We’ll talk more details later as we have them, but for now, to recap:

• Every Conquest week will feature at least one Large, Medium and Small Yield planet to invade going forward.
  • The Swoop Gang Mayhem Conquest will be updated to reflect this for all future occurrences.
  • Longer term, we’re exploring more variety in which planets you can invade and what size tier they are in.

We appreciate your continued feedback, and let us know what you think!

-Chris

Edited by EricMusco

Will you be doing anything that would enable small guild to get on a leaderboard? There is nothing small guild friendly about conquests to speak of at present other than the fact an individual can hit, easily enough the weekly individual target on multiple toons.

As far as rewards for the guilld part you are better rewarded for being part of a bigger guild and you have a chance to cpontribute towards a fight for the top ten or overall top spot. As it stands at the moment you'd think you'd rather have a small bunch of big guilds in the game rather than a diverse bunch of smaller guilds in the mix.

I'm kinda surprised I find myself telling a proven games company this...I'm just an ordinary guy looking to let off steam after work!

Hi Friends!

I wanted to talk to you a bit today about Conquests, specifically Guild Invasions and how they relate to the Swoop Gang Mayhem Conquest.

When we created the new Swoop Gang Mayhem Conquest, we wanted to thematically mirror the planets Guilds could invade with the planets that had tracks and content for the event: Dantooine, Tatooine, and Onderon. Unfortunately, this created a situation where there was an imbalance in the size of planets available to invade, punishing those Guilds who coordinate their Conquest activities around a Small Yield planet being available each week.

What we’re doing about it: Beginning in the next All Worlds Ultimate Swoop Rally event on September 22, there will be a Small Yield planet (in addition to Large and Medium) available every time the event returns.

In the longer term, we are exploring de-coupling planets from Large/Medium/Small Yield rewards to add some variety to each invasion week. Meaning a planet now categorized as Small Yield could show up as a Large Yield planet, and vice versa. We’ll talk more details later as we have them, but for now, to recap:

• Every Conquest week will feature at least one Large, Medium and Small Yield planet to invade going forward.
  • The Swoop Gang Mayhem Conquest will be updated to reflect this for all future occurrences.
  • Longer term, we’re exploring more variety in which planets you can invade and what size tier they are in.

-Chris

This is good news and thank you for replying Chris. But couldn’t you guys have made a post like this last week when we brought this up instead of letting people get upset and rage all week or quit the game?

You really need to get your communication strategy sorted out cause you are driving players away from the game.

Hi Friends!

-Chris

Thank you, this is probably one of the more positive posts I've seen in a while.