Small Yield Invasion Target for Swoop Gang Mayhem?

RBWTOR

This is good news and thank you for replying Chris. But couldn’t you guys have made a post like this last week when we brought this up instead of letting people get upset and rage all week or quit the game?

You really need to get your communication strategy sorted out cause you are driving players away from the game.

I second everything here - especially about sorting out a communication strategy.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you be doing anything that would enable small guild to get on a leaderboard? There is nothing small guild friendly about conquests to speak of at present other than the fact an individual can hit, easily enough the weekly individual target on multiple toons.

As far as rewards for the guilld part you are better rewarded for being part of a bigger guild and you have a chance to cpontribute towards a fight for the top ten or overall top spot. As it stands at the moment you'd think you'd rather have a small bunch of big guilds in the game rather than a diverse bunch of smaller guilds in the mix.

I'm kinda surprised I find myself telling a proven games company this...I'm just an ordinary guy looking to let off steam after work!

The leaderboard doesn't take in to account the size of the guild, only how much effort they put in. CQ, when done right, is completely small guild friendly, with the small yield planet, you get everything you 'need' if you get the points, FS plans, mats, etc. If you are after achievments, joining the bigger guilds with one toon, just for that is the best option

Hi Friends!

I wanted to talk to you a bit today about Conquests, specifically Guild Invasions and how they relate to the Swoop Gang Mayhem Conquest.

When we created the new Swoop Gang Mayhem Conquest, we wanted to thematically mirror the planets Guilds could invade with the planets that had tracks and content for the event: Dantooine, Tatooine, and Onderon. Unfortunately, this created a situation where there was an imbalance in the size of planets available to invade, punishing those Guilds who coordinate their Conquest activities around a Small Yield planet being available each week.

What we’re doing about it: Beginning in the next All Worlds Ultimate Swoop Rally event on September 22, there will be a Small Yield planet (in addition to Large and Medium) available every time the event returns.

In the longer term, we are exploring de-coupling planets from Large/Medium/Small Yield rewards to add some variety to each invasion week. Meaning a planet now categorized as Small Yield could show up as a Large Yield planet, and vice versa. We’ll talk more details later as we have them, but for now, to recap:

• Every Conquest week will feature at least one Large, Medium and Small Yield planet to invade going forward.
  • The Swoop Gang Mayhem Conquest will be updated to reflect this for all future occurrences.
  • Longer term, we’re exploring more variety in which planets you can invade and what size tier they are in.

We appreciate your continued feedback, and let us know what you think!

-Chris

Thank you. But I will second what Trixxie said, this should been said sooner instead of waiting till people got upset with the way this was handled. Communication goes a long way with fixing the problems and giving a better impression just like non-communication gives the impression that you don't care if you lose guilds because of this. (You not meaning you personally).

Edited by casirabit

Will you be doing anything that would enable small guild to get on a leaderboard? There is nothing small guild friendly about conquests to speak of at present other than the fact an individual can hit, easily enough the weekly individual target on multiple toons.

As far as rewards for the guilld part you are better rewarded for being part of a bigger guild and you have a chance to cpontribute towards a fight for the top ten or overall top spot. As it stands at the moment you'd think you'd rather have a small bunch of big guilds in the game rather than a diverse bunch of smaller guilds in the mix.

I'm kinda surprised I find myself telling a proven games company this...I'm just an ordinary guy looking to let off steam after work!

I agree. There needs to be more incentive for the larger guilds to choose to invade medium and large-yield planets.

Hi Friends!

I wanted to talk to you a bit today about Conquests, specifically Guild Invasions and how they relate to the Swoop Gang Mayhem Conquest.

When we created the new Swoop Gang Mayhem Conquest, we wanted to thematically mirror the planets Guilds could invade with the planets that had tracks and content for the event: Dantooine, Tatooine, and Onderon. Unfortunately, this created a situation where there was an imbalance in the size of planets available to invade, punishing those Guilds who coordinate their Conquest activities around a Small Yield planet being available each week.

What we’re doing about it: Beginning in the next All Worlds Ultimate Swoop Rally event on September 22, there will be a Small Yield planet (in addition to Large and Medium) available every time the event returns.

In the longer term, we are exploring de-coupling planets from Large/Medium/Small Yield rewards to add some variety to each invasion week. Meaning a planet now categorized as Small Yield could show up as a Large Yield planet, and vice versa. We’ll talk more details later as we have them, but for now, to recap:

• Every Conquest week will feature at least one Large, Medium and Small Yield planet to invade going forward.
  • The Swoop Gang Mayhem Conquest will be updated to reflect this for all future occurrences.
  • Longer term, we’re exploring more variety in which planets you can invade and what size tier they are in.

-Chris

Thank you for the update. I appreciate that you are listening to us and working to resolve the issue.

This is good news and thank you for replying Chris. But couldn’t you guys have made a post like this last week when we brought this up instead of letting people get upset and rage all week or quit the game?

You really need to get your communication strategy sorted out cause you are driving players away from the game.

Perhaps BW realized that Eric was not responding and said, "Chris can you handle this." or maybe the powers that be took our concerns seriously at some point this week and came up with solution and based on the fact that Eric (weeks ago) promised an update they decided to hold off communication until they had real answers. Either way, based on how complete the solution is and the fact that it appears that they did something I an willing to give Chris and all the other BWers that worked on this a pass, say thank you and move on.

Perhaps BW realized that Eric was not responding and said, "Chris can you handle this." or maybe the powers that be took our concerns seriously at some point this week and came up with solution and based on the fact that Eric (weeks ago) promised an update they decided to hold off communication until they had real answers. Either way, based on how complete the solution is and the fact that it appears that they did something I an willing to give Chris and all the other BWers that worked on this a pass, say thank you and move on.

I did say thank you and I have moved on. I just suggested that they look at their communication strategy and improve it so they don’t keep losing players like they’ve been doing for 9+ years they’ve had poor communication ;)

Edited by TrixxieTriss

So you finally decided to do what you should have done in the first place. Please excuse me if I don't give you a pat on the back for being so late to the game with this decision.

In fairness, someone else fumbled the ball, he just seems to be the one to catch it....or maybe he was unlucky and pulled the short straw, so he's the new sacrificial lamb :)

This isn't complicated.

Thank you BW.

That is all.

Dasty

I dont think i have it in me to say thank you for such an obvious fix to a gross oversight. Like, duh, add a small planet.

How was that not something they should have been able to figure out to begin with?

Edited by KendraP

Thanks Chris that is great news and quick response to what seem to be a big issue for many solo players, if some trolls really quit swtor over twos weeks of conquest out of ~32 having no small yield target they weren't going to stay around anyway

everyone gets rewarded even if they are the 1st or 100th ranked, why do u want another participation medal for a solo guild? conquest points are basically a direct result of playtime, bigger guilds have more players = more points, a guild nobody wants to join/nobody is allowed to join will have less

if u run a small guild with a tiny membership it seems unreasonable to demand that you show up in conquest leaderboards vs larger and more active guilds, with bioware now making planets belong to different yields larger guilds won't invade small planets as much as they can wait for the planet to show up as large which results in the same achievements + better rewards

sometimes i worry about you ppl never playing the game and just complaining here on the forums, doesn't seem to be a healthy way of life, best of luck

Edited by RikuvonDrake

sometimes i worry about you ppl never playing the game and just complaining here on the forums, doesn't seem to be a healthy way of life, best of luck

Must be getting something out of it, i mean, you've just complained about people complaining, so basically, you complained about yourself....lol

But back on point (your point) the rewards the guild get are plenty for the small guilds, FS plans are what most small guilds need, and the mats, etc are a nice bonus (or armour & other items).

Also the point about having no small yield is moot now, ad they will have it sorted by the next one :)

Edited by DarkTergon

Thanks Chris that is great news and quick response to what seem to be a big issue for many solo players, if some trolls really quit swtor over twos weeks of conquest out of ~32 having no small yield target they weren't going to stay around anyway

everyone gets rewarded even if they are the 1st or 100th ranked, why do u want another participation medal for a solo guild? conquest points are basically a direct result of playtime, bigger guilds have more players = more points, a guild nobody wants to join/nobody is allowed to join will have less

if u run a small guild with a tiny membership it seems unreasonable to demand that you show up in conquest leaderboards vs larger and more active guilds, with bioware now making planets belong to different yields larger guilds won't invade small planets as much as they can wait for the planet to show up as large which results in the same achievements + better rewards

No, that is not the issue at all, but considering your history it is not unexpected that you would completely misinterpret the concerns of small guilds. The question is actually centered around the issue of the large guilds always taking the small yield. Decoupling planets from the yield size may help with that, but more than likely these guilds that get millions of points will still invade the small yield if it suits them. At present on Star Forge the #10 spot on small yield has over 3.5 million points. Why is that guild, and every other guild on the top 10 (#1 has over 20 million), going for small yield? It certainly is not for the weekly yield payout. If the multi-million point guilds would stop invading the small yield then the competition in that category would be between the small guilds that need the small yield because they are unable to hit medium or large yields. But this will likely also be misinterpreted and you will come back to claim that small guilds are asking for a handout like some entitled Millennial.

At present on Star Forge the #10 spot on small yield has over 3.5 million points. Why is that guild, and every other guild on the top 10 (#1 has over 20 million), going for small yield? It certainly is not for the weekly yield payout. .

There are a few reasons.

1. To get the achievment for players who don't have it.

2, to be able to get the number 1 spot for the banner on planet

3. to be able to attack the named commander before the shield expires (if the planet has one, not sure if they all do.)

I'm sure there are others.

No, that is not the issue at all, but considering your history it is not unexpected that you would completely misinterpret the concerns of small guilds. The question is actually centered around the issue of the large guilds always taking the small yield. Decoupling planets from the yield size may help with that, but more than likely these guilds that get millions of points will still invade the small yield if it suits them. At present on Star Forge the #10 spot on small yield has over 3.5 million points. Why is that guild, and every other guild on the top 10 (#1 has over 20 million), going for small yield? It certainly is not for the weekly yield payout. If the multi-million point guilds would stop invading the small yield then the competition in that category would be between the small guilds that need the small yield because they are unable to hit medium or large yields. But this will likely also be misinterpreted and you will come back to claim that small guilds are asking for a handout like some entitled Millennial.

i mean, it kind sounds like small guilds/you are just uninformed about how conquest rewards functions, the thing I guess the #1 guild wants is to win the planet/the achievements/access to named commanders via strikes ahead of other guilds? I don't really understand how that aspect is difficult to comprehend for so many players tbh, the guilds are that able to hit the 2m/5m invade the small yield for whatever reason they want, i don't understand it but i struggle to figure out why i should care how people choose to play the game. if they want to invade for roleplay, ego boost,

story, not fully sure about how the system works, not sure how many points they would gain during the week or whatever other reason, why does it matter? PM a few members and ask if ur curious i guess

don't understand why so many solo guilds just want to end up on the top 10 leaderboards even if they won't win, the rewards are no different if ur 2nd or 102nd ranked, apart from whatever boost your ego gets after seeing your guild name i guess

Nooo. Never punish someone for playing a game (unless they disobey the game's rules). Only incentives to do something else/different, but never disincentives.

to be polite, let's just say certain regular forum posters here have a set way that they want other people to play and think in regards to gameplay and prefers devs to disincentives players who want to play and enjoy the game in a different manner

Edited by RikuvonDrake

Not really true. Sometimes they been here dealing with everything for years and this might have been the last nail in the coffin. Calling people trolls just because they were upset over the way this was handle seems a little much. There is a limit for people how much they will take but that doesn't make them trolls just because they didn't like something they did.

Hi Friends!

-Chris

Just fix Horizon's Perfection achiev in onderon, TY <3

Hi Friends!

-Chris

Good news indeed. A little late, but better than nothing.

/snip.

A lot of people didn't leave, he's misinformed, or just seeing what he wants to see. The truth is a lot of people were P***ed of, and a good few stopped CQ on those weeks as a show of protest. Some didn't play at all, but they never quit. Personally I just played on the toons in bigger guilds, and gave the FS plans to the smaller guilds, so they didn't lose out. Other people just took time out of CQ, and did the pieces they liked.

For some, this was the last straw that broke the camels back, and most people can see all the issues, and the reasons why, but some can't, if they did they'd have nothing to complain about, or to try and drag others down over.

But at least this straw has been lifted, so the camels may be back up and running ;)

I mean as the guild leader of a small guild, since they decoupled rewards from the leader board i no longer care about the leaderboard.

If expecting to not have to grind cq daily and encourage my guildies to forego what they want in favor of doing what they consider boring to grind cq to meet a larger planet makes me an "entitled millenial" for wanting to "play my way" in a game i pay continuously to play, then fine I'm an entitled millennial.

As to why I come here complaining when I'm not playing much, I'm still paying them to mismanage the game aren't I?

I mean as the guild leader of a small guild, since they decoupled rewards from the leader board i no longer care about the leaderboard.

Bang on the mark.

If expecting to not have to grind cq daily and encourage my guildies to forego what they want in favor of doing what they consider boring to grind cq to meet a larger planet makes me an "entitled millenial" for wanting to "play my way" in a game i pay continuously to play, then fine I'm an entitled millennial.

two for two , if we had a thumbs up emote, it'd be here

As to why I come here complaining when I'm not playing much, I'm still paying them to mismanage the game aren't I?

He (she) shoots and scores, a hattrick .. *double thumbs up*