Small Yield Invasion Target for Swoop Gang Mayhem?

RBWTOR

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Devs, ever think of runnning these ideas past your player base before going live with them?

Just an idea, ya know?!

Looks like I'll be giving conquests a miss this week.

They may run it past the player base, but never in the field of human gaming has so much been ignored by so few.

well, he seems to be indicating that it's easy to get 500K on one toon, so he's questioning the need for a small yield to begin with.

and he has a point to be fair.

Not really a good point. How long does it take him to rack up 500K?

Now multiply by 4.

Does he work or do anything besides SWTOR?

How many of those 500K points are one-time only points (like crafting a Dark Project)?

Not really a good point. How long does it take him to rack up 500K?

Now multiply by 4.

Does he work or do anything besides SWTOR?

How many of those 500K points are one-time only points (like crafting a Dark Project)?

the Dark Project objective is peanuts compared to some of the other ones. I can do 100K + points in an hour of gameplay. That means it takes 5 days of 1 hour of game play. CZ-198 weekly gives me 49K points and is done in less than 30 mins for example.

Multiply that by 4 players and there you have it. Play 2 hours a day and you need two players. What is required is that 150% SH bonus to conquest.

Edited by Tsillah

well, he seems to be indicating that it's easy to get 500K on one toon, so he's questioning the need for a small yield to begin with.

and he has a point to be fair.

I mean what was the word he used at the end? Was he insulting people, etc.

And no, he doesn't have a point. Small guilds need the small yield planet. 500k is 50k for ten people, but for those same 10 people to get medium yield, they'd have to put in 4 times as much work, just for that one guild. Which would mean, another guild, would suffer, as they'd have less time to help that one. A lot of people have small guilds, and are trying to get their guilds to CQ to get the f/s plans. Not to mention, some guilds have even less, etc.

I mean what was the word he used at the end? Was he insulting people, etc.
outliers. Not sure why that's censored.

And no, he doesn't have a point. Small guilds need the small yield planet. 500k is 50k for ten people, but for those same 10 people to get medium yield, they'd have to put in 4 times as much work, just for that one guild. Which would mean, another guild, would suffer, as they'd have less time to help that one. A lot of people have small guilds, and are trying to get their guilds to CQ to get the f/s plans. Not to mention, some guilds have even less, etc.
None of this is convincing. You can add 50k in less than 30 mins and in fact you can probably do 100K in that time because you can do the CZ weekly and things like raising a companion level (13K), credits for junk (4K), amplifier (4K), place 5 deco's in a stronghold (5K), doing 5 level 1 crafting missions (5K), raise a crafting skill (5K), etc. All of these take no time at all and quickly add up AND they reset daily. If you need to you can craft an invasion force for 10K points also daily.

outliers. Not sure why that's censored.

None of this is convincing. You can add 50k in less than 30 mins and in fact you can probably do 100K in that time because you can do the CZ weekly and things like raising a companion level (13K), credits for junk (4K), amplifier (4K), place 5 deco's in a stronghold (5K), doing 5 level 1 crafting missions (5K), raise a crafting skill (5K), etc. All of these take no time at all and quickly add up AND they reset daily. If you need to you can craft an invasion force for 10K points also daily.

Which for some small guilds still won't add up to medium yield. The issue is pretty straightforward...

Yes, it is possible for small guilds to achieve the medium yield, but you have to map out very specifically what you do on a daily basis.

I am in two small guilds, one Imperial and one Republic (same guild members in each). We would regularly hit the 1 million mark on each guild / week doing what we wanted to do, albeit with some degree of planning. As I'm a more avid player than my guildmates (with more alts), I would be responsible for roughly 50% of those points.

Now, one could say, cry me a river b/c it would require effort to map out a plan. One is free to hold that view, but I am free to be annoyed and hold the view that medium and larger guilds don't have to do that mapping / planning thinking -- dang, I absolutely have to log in today to get those points.

And I do, in fact, hold that view. Moreover, my annoyance is only reinforced by the acknowledgement that this was intentional but then backtracked by saying they would look into the situation, which is the equivalent of establishing a blue ribbon commission to investigate some societal or environmental ill -- i.e. -- do nothing.

Unforced and unnecessary error on BW's part that vexes me. I don't like to be vexed.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

out****. Not sure why that's censored.

yes, they are just ONE thing, repeated daily, but if you have many guilds, and want to help as many as possible, it cuts in to your time, if you have to get more than the 50 k, and move on. It's not about how easy it is to get the points, but how much extra time it will take to get the guild over the CQ threshold, if the threshold is larger, it takes more time, It's grand if you've only got a couple of guilds, and they are large enough that it doesn't take that much, but all this goes back to small guilds, with a few people. And also, the more time you have to expend on CQ, the less time you get on personal preferences, unless CQ is your preference.

Also everything Jdast has said too....lol

I censored out**** , as I wasn't sure if he was being nasty, and if he got zapped for it, I didn't want my post getting zapped too.

Edited by DarkAnnmarie

Which for some small guilds still won't add up to medium yield. The issue is pretty straightforward...

Yes, it is possible for small guilds to achieve the medium yield, but you have to map out very specifically what you do on a daily basis.

I am in two small guilds, one Imperial and one Republic (same guild members in each). We would regularly hit the 1 million mark on each guild / week doing what we wanted to do, albeit with some degree of planning. As I'm a more avid player than my guildmates (with more alts), I would be responsible for roughly 50% of those points.

Now, one could say, cry me a river b/c it would require effort to map out a plan. One is free to hold that view, but I am free to be annoyed and hold the view that medium and larger guilds don't have to do that mapping / planning thinking -- dang, I absolutely have to log in today to get those points.

And I do, in fact, hold that view. Moreover, my annoyance is only reinforced by the acknowledgement that this was intentional but then backtracked by saying they would look into the situation, which is the equivalent of establishing a blue ribbon commission to investigate some societal or environmental ill -- i.e. -- do nothing.

Unforced and unnecessary error on BW's part that vexes me. I don't like to be vexed.

Dasty

I honestly think the "meeting" went like this:

"We have this cool new event and we're going to tie it into conquest like we do with the other rotating events!"

"The race tracks are on 3 planets, lets make THOSE the planets to invade for conquest"

noticeably absent is someone realizing that the 3 planets are hard coded to Large / Large / Medium

I don't think it was ever planned in advance to not have a small conquest target for this event, it was just a mistake that no one caught early enough to do anything about.

The fact that they haven't addressed it since then, to me, is the more important issue.

But, sadly, par for the course.

Edited by Darev

Outliers is a perfectly legitmate word and used correctly, no reason to censor it out. It just means, in the terms of statistics, something (events / data / etc) that are beyond the "norm" and usually discounted because of that.

As for the "I can get 2M myself losers. Just work harder." you are missing the point - BW did something stupid and us players must pay the consequences.

1. Even if I could make 2M, why should I completely change my regulat CQ style of play for the week because BW made a huge mistake?

2. Not ONE person has said they like this idea. A rare few say that a small guild can make CQ at 2M but the jury is still out that all of the small guilds can do that. Meanwhile there has been overwhelming hatred of this situation.

3. BW refuses to even discuss it with us. We are 24 hours into this week and they have not addressed that they did it a second time. They originally said they are looking into options so what are those options? They are avoiding us and that is not how you treat paying customers. Suppose you buy a defective item and go back to the store. How approprite would it be for all of the staff and manager to hide in the back, leaving you alone, in order to not discuss your problem.

OR how appropriate would it be for the manager to acknowledge the defect saying that's how it should be and saying he will consider a few option a few options to make up for it and then never giving you any options (hint: that's called lying to the customer)

As for the "I can get 2M myself losers. Just work harder." you are missing the point - BW did something stupid and us players must pay the consequences.

1. Even if I could make 2M, why should I completely change my regulat CQ style of play for the week because BW made a huge mistake?

2. Not ONE person has said they like this idea. A rare few say that a small guild can make CQ at 2M but the jury is still out that all of the small guilds can do that. Meanwhile there has been overwhelming hatred of this situation.

3. BW refuses to even discuss it with us. We are 24 hours into this week and they have not addressed that they did it a second time. They originally said they are looking into options so what are those options? They are avoiding us and that is not how you treat paying customers. Suppose you buy a defective item and go back to the store. How approprite would it be for all of the staff and manager to hide in the back, leaving you alone, in order to not discuss your problem.

OR how appropriate would it be for the manager to acknowledge the defect saying that's how it should be and saying he will consider a few option a few options to make up for it and then never giving you any options (hint: that's called lying to the customer)

Unfortunately I don't think there is much we can actually do, they have us by the .... ;) Sure we could quit, but we'll be replaced quickly, and all that will happen is we'll lose out on our Star Wars MMO, we do not have another place to go. We can't sue, or go to the better buisness bureau, what would our case be? They know this, they don't care.

Personally I stopped subbing , the only reason I'm here is I clicked someones link, and was checking the status of the update and automatically clicked reply. Was delighted to be able to chat again, but it's limited to a few days...lol

Maybe someday when the bugs are dealt with, the issues are sorted, and the mods/CS/Managers start treating people like paying customers, I might then become one again.

Edited by DarkAnnmarie

"We have this cool new event and we're going to tie it into conquest like we do with the other rotating events!"

"The race tracks are on 3 planets, lets make THOSE the planets to invade for conquest"

noticeably absent is someone realizing that the 3 planets are hard coded to Large / Large / Medium

I don't think it was ever planned in advance to not have a small conquest target for this event, it was just a mistake that no one caught early enough to do anything about.

The fact that they haven't addressed it since then, to me, is the more important issue.

Yeah, that was my take when I realized the situation with this. I had hoped they would realize the error of the ways and adjust for it in some way before this go around.

Events are supposed to draw people in, but, ironically, my play time was down last time for this event - even though I like the event - and will be again this time. Why? No drive to make CQ. I'll make individual CQ for my toons, but, since I know my small guild won't make the minimum offered, I won't bother beyond that. There is nothing to "go for" here unless I want to spend an absurd amount of play time with a chunk of it being stuff I don't really feel like doing because that happens to be what will deliver efficient time played - CQ ratio.

Short rendition: This is, as the quote above implies, likely a "no one thought of that consequence" thing. Unfortunately, I doubt, in a game that still has UI bugs from launch, that anyone of import is thinking of the consequence even as this thread goes by....

the team is looking at options for the future!

-eric

Well, to be fair, sticking their fingers in their ears while shouting "LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOOOOOU!!!!" is an option.... Not the most professional option, but it is an option. :p

yes, they are just ONE thing, repeated daily, but if you have many guilds, and want to help as many as possible, it cuts in to your time, if you have to get more than the 50 k, and move on. It's not about how easy it is to get the points, but how much extra time it will take to get the guild over the CQ threshold, if the threshold is larger, it takes more time, It's grand if you've only got a couple of guilds, and they are large enough that it doesn't take that much, but all this goes back to small guilds, with a few people. And also, the more time you have to expend on CQ, the less time you get on personal preferences, unless CQ is your preference.

Also everything Jdast has said too....lol

I censored out**** , as I wasn't sure if he was being nasty, and if he got zapped for it, I didn't want my post getting zapped too.

You have many guilds but that's a choice. You have to divide your attention and your time the way you see fit but this is like the issue of people who have 100+ characters for example and the issues that brings. You represent an extreme as far as I'm concerned.

And let's be honest here...it's just a few weeks a year where this happens. At some point you've got to accept that perhaps this is your choice and you can notch this up as the consequences of your choices. At some point you can graciously accept that for however many weeks in a year this event is on, that's the consequence and perhaps then you can do a bit more effort or decide to let go.

BioWare has accommodated your niche behaviour enough as far as I'm concerned. Now do mind, it doesn't mean I'm against them accommodating you, but to be honest, I think they've gone out of their way already.

I'm sure someone's going to pounce me but here it goes:

I have a small guild of mostly casual PvPers, who enjoy playing together. We have on a good week 5 people. 500k is 10 toons, so an average of 2 toons a week, easy. Usually this turns into i get about half that total myself. I have gotten the entire total myself before.

That said, most of my guys aren't into say, running dailies or doing planet missions. All of us have real, full time jobs and families that require much of our time and attention. So frankly, I'm not going to be bothered to be trying for cq this week. We make the 500k cap without trying, by playing our way (or i put in the concerted effort across my small army of alts to make sure that the one other guy who capped a toon gets the guuld reward).

Is cq supposed to be the entire endgame now? Otherwise, why should cq be a grind?

BioWare has accommodated your niche behaviour enough as far as I'm concerned. Now do mind, it doesn't mean I'm against them accommodating you, but to be honest, I think they've gone out of their way already.

What exactly do you think bioware has done that caters to smaller guilds?

Plus: 'Niche behaviour'? There is no reason to assume that players in small guilds, and don't treat conquest like a 2nd job, are a minority, let alone a 'niche' group.

Just to be clear: I don't have a stake in this, since none of my guilds ever go for the small yield target. I do, however, think your attempt to belittle players who want a small yield target is rude and arrogant.

Conquest weeks normally have 3 yield targets to go for, and players had every reason to expect swoop week to be the same.

Yep, extremely poor project management and even worse community management

What exactly do you think bioware has done that caters to smaller guilds?

Plus: 'Niche behaviour'? There is no reason to assume that players in small guilds, and don't treat conquest like a 2nd job, are a minority, let alone a 'niche' group.

Just to be clear: I don't have a stake in this, since none of my guilds ever go for the small yield target. I do, however, think your attempt to belittle players who want a small yield target is rude and arrogant.

Conquest weeks normally have 3 yield targets to go for, and players had every reason to expect swoop week to be the same.

Agreed. That poster really is being arrogant.

So you lied to us

1: You do not understand the concern because you did it again.

2. You do not understand the concern because you refuse to face your paying customers in the forums and give us real answers - even if you only call us stupid for believing you may try to fix this.

2: There are no options. Nothing has changed.

I haven't even logged in this week yet, so I am guessing they ignored the small guilds again.