Small Yield Invasion Target for Swoop Gang Mayhem?

RBWTOR

Dear Eric,

Next time you participate in a development / design meeting and someone suggests designing a Conquest Weekly which does not include a Small Planetary Yield...

Please have a frosted raspberry (not grape) jelly doughnut ready to bean them in the forehead.

Thanks in advance!

Hugs and hope fatherhood is treating you well,

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the planets are already set as , small, medium or large. So they probably couldn't reset it. What I don't understand is why they didn't add in another planet for small yields.

Prometheus was tied up and busy so sent Epimetheus to check on the devs. Epimetheus looked at the design notes for the event and said, yep, looks good.

Not that i know what you're talking about, but there are a few reasons why I do not post as much as I had in the past. One is that I do not have a lot to say. Another is that folks are just dead set in their opinions and nothing i post will change that. another, well, looks right behind me....looks forward.

I think the planets are already set as , small, medium or large. So they probably couldn't reset it. What I don't understand is why they didn't add in another planet for small yields.

Right... which was my question. Did no one, during the entire time the event was in development, think to actually check whether there was a planet available for each target yield category?

Rhetorical question is rhetorical, since we already have the actual answer.

This was a huge blunder. Obviously they somehow forgot that small guilds exist. It was absolutely unnecessary not to include at least one small goal.

I imagine it went like this: https://imgflip.com/i/474m9i

Hope NEXT TIME YOU JUST ADD A SMALL GOAL, DEVS!!!

Otherwise great job on the event, but this was ABSOLUTELY UNNECESSARY F***UP!!!

Edited by Darth_Sidewinder

Somehow I doubt they really care about this issue and if they fix this it be months down the road. I been a supporter of BW for awhile but with this and the deformation bug for the female characters I am weighing the odds whether to stay or just cancel.

Somehow I doubt they really care about this issue and if they fix this it be months down the road. I been a supporter of BW for awhile but with this and the deformation bug for the female characters I am weighing the odds whether to stay or just cancel.

It's one thing when something is by design … (even when everyone says it's a bad idea) … and quite another to have such a horribly messed up bug … and make no effort to fix it. (It's pretty bad )…

OH .. quick question: Didn't you even post a few seconds recording of the issue and post it ?

It's one thing when something is by design … (even when everyone says it's a bad idea) … and quite another to have such a horribly messed up bug … and make no effort to fix it. (It's pretty bad )…

OH .. quick question: Didn't you even post a few seconds recording of the issue and post it ?

A few people have, it's been on redit too, and I think it's been mentioned on FB too.

You talking about this one?

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=981009

This is in the bugs section of the forums here.

You talking about this one?

https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=981009

This is in the bugs section of the forums here.

Ah .. OK I stand (partially) corrected. They are aware of the bug … just need to fix it !!

Also... somewhere in one of the threads someone ( I was thinking it was Casirabit) .. posted a video of the bug. It's kind of a mess really.

I'm also equally curious (in fairness to everyone) as to why it does not show up all the time ( that is to all players).

Ah .. OK I stand (partially) corrected. They are aware of the bug … just need to fix it !!

Also... somewhere in one of the threads someone ( I was thinking it was Casirabit) .. posted a video of the bug. It's kind of a mess really.

I'm also equally curious (in fairness to everyone) as to why it does not show up all the time ( that is to all players).

only happens to female chars, who scan something, etc, so it's quite possible people have seen it, as they haven't had a chance yet? Only surmising though...lol

Wasn't me but I was going to but someone else did it.

How difficult would it have been to add a small yield planet, set one planet to small yield, spot every guild the point difference, or even just trigger the guild rewards for any character that meets their personal reward, etc, etc?

Obviously too difficult for Bioware.

This just once again shows how we continue to get screwed by the terrible systems put in place years ago (every tiny change seems to require a full patch cycle, including taking down servers versus the ability to hotfix), as well as continue to suffer for the lack of development resources assigned to the game.

Edited by DawnAskham

This was really disappointing for everyone. They're still sore about it.

Having no Small Yield was a kick in the teeth.

None of the small guilds I'm in played much this week. The only CQ I bothered with was for the larger guids that do large yield. Will take the FS plans and give them to the small guilds, but it's still short of what they would have had this week.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey all,

This is intentional as the Swoop Conquest specifically covers the 3 planets that are a part of the Swoop event. That said, we understand the concern from Small Guilds around not having a small yield planet to target, the team is looking at options for the future!

-eric

So you lied to us

1: You do not understand the concern because you did it again.

2. You do not understand the concern because you refuse to face your paying customers in the forums and give us real answers - even if you only call us stupid for believing you may try to fix this.

2: There are no options. Nothing has changed.

Edited by EllieAnne

Hey all,

This is intentional as the Swoop Conquest specifically covers the 3 planets that are a part of the Swoop event. That said, we understand the concern from Small Guilds around not having a small yield planet to target, the team is looking at options for the future!

-eric

This doesn't even make sense. Intentional cause the Swoop conquest "specifically" covers the 3 planets that are a part of the swoop event. Isn't that convenient? 3 planets. Tat = small yield; Dant = medium yield; and finally Onder= large yield. OMG its like perfect. Or just make 2 large and one small? Oh that doesn't make any sense right? Just like not having a small yield at all.

And Emperor Slot machine, omg, how hard would it be to make a phase people could enter and click on their own damn machine?

I know several small guilds aren't bothering this week. Won't be bothering with CQ myself either. I know BW doesn't care, we've seen that over and over again, in these forums, in the games, etc. But at some point the game will haemorrhage players badly again, and next time a band aid might not save it

This doesn't even make sense. Intentional cause the Swoop conquest "specifically" covers the 3 planets that are a part of the swoop event. Isn't that convenient? 3 planets. Tat = small yield; Dant = medium yield; and finally Onder= large yield. OMG its like perfect. Or just make 2 large and one small? Oh that doesn't make any sense right? Just like not having a small yield at all.

And Emperor Slot machine, omg, how hard would it be to make a phase people could enter and click on their own damn machine?

Right now the planets are Hard coded to large / medium / small.

usually there's a mix

because of the event and the choice the devs made, they chose large / large / medium

https://res.cloudinary.com/lmn/image/upload/e_sharpen:100/f_auto,fl_lossy,q_auto/v1/gameskinnyc/c/u/r/current-conqueror-d9b48.JPG

To fix it, they'll have to find a way to allow planets to change invasion sizes (unlikely) or add an existing Small invasion target planet to the event (probably the simplest thing to do).

Edited by Darev

I refused to have anything to do with the Swoop Gang event last time, and I refuse to have anything to do with it this time.

Part of the reason is out of protest, but another part of the reason is because the small guild I'm in has decided to try for the medium yield Conquest target. I don't have time to play with swoop bikes, there's too much grinding to do! (This means I won't be doing Nar Shaddaa Nightlife this week either).

Right now the planets are Hard coded to large / medium / small.

usually there's a mix

because of the event and the choice the devs made, they chose large / large / medium

https://res.cloudinary.com/lmn/image/upload/e_sharpen:100/f_auto,fl_lossy,q_auto/v1/gameskinnyc/c/u/r/current-conqueror-d9b48.JPG

To fix it, they'll have to find a way to allow planets to change invasion sizes (unlikely) or add an existing Small invasion target planet to the event (probably the simplest thing to do).

Or put swoop on a small yield planet. It really should not have been that difficult

Hey all,

-eric

oh it's a FEATURE.