Game Update 6.1.1 Conquest Changes

DanielSteed

This is almost as useless as giving us grey items as a reward. You can't even do a single summons for less than 40k. You should make the credit certificate rewards meaningful e.g. 150k, 200, 250k.

Why bother? They have already made it near impossible for a new player to do anything meaningful with credits because they can not get them by playing the game "as intended". With their single minded crusade against those that have managed to accumulate hundreds of millions of credits, they are quickly driving the less flush players to 3rd party solutions to be able to do what they want. At least "the other company" came up with a way to (mostly) combat 3rd party effectiveness. BW just does not get it, nor do they seem to care to get a clue any time soon.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Levels 1 - 49

• Mission EXP boosts
    • These will be a new type of boost. These will offer bonus experience from Missions only and they'll be stackable with other boosts. They will also have a shorter duration of 30 minutes per boost.

[*]Companion Gifts

[*]Credit Certificate (15k)

[*]Gathering Lockbox

Levels 50 - 70

• Mission EXP boosts
  • Companion Gifts
  • Credit Certificate (20k)
  • Gathering Lockbox
  • Heroic Box (Level Dependent Gear)

Levels 71+

• Credit Certificate (25k)
  • Gathering Lockbox
  • Solid Resource Matrices
  • Tech Fragments
  • Small Conquest Equipment Crate

The rewards are still not interesting.

Crafting mats, while needed by crafters, are not any fun or exciting to get. Sure non-crafters can sell them for money, but that is still not fun or exciting.

Credit caches? Come on, why even have an item to dump credits in your wallet when you can just rewards credits without the item. You think its fun to click items?

Companion gifts sure are nice to have but still not fun in any way. Even more so considering the enormous hassle of gifting multiple gifts. It REALLY feels you think we love clicking items on repeat..

The only thing that feels mildly interesting is the equipment crate, but even still theres not enough incentive for me to do any conquest.

These new tiers does nothing to alleviate this issue.

There is NOTHING special with conquest rewards.

If we would get some cosmetic items of the same level of design quality as the last year's Cartel Market items then you would get me going. Currently the best looking gear is exclusively from CM. While I can afford to buy almost everything, you know how fun that is? Not one bit. I would greatly prefer to be able to farm me some CM quality cosmetics..

You know what was fun (even though many vocal naysayers would scream at me)??

The Light vs Dark event... where you could do just that: farm CM quality cosmetics rather than farming money to buy them.

6.1.1 just created leveling headaches:

Here I am, let's say, level 48, about to start conquest, knowing full well I'll be 50+ when I achieve my personal conquest goal, and the entire time I'm pursuing it, I'll be thinking you know what, when my personal conquest is reached, everything I'm doing right now at 50+ still means I'm getting the previous tier's rewards. Why the hell am I bothering?

It's going to feel like an empty experience, grinding away in one tier but being rewarded with the previous tier.

So, every week when conquest ends, people will feel the pressure to rush to get to the next tier's level requirements before the new conquests begins. Really short window for that.

Why limit what people can do at different levels. If people are doing a large openworld group activity with a mostly high level group this change means people are more likely to refuse low level characters to keep room for those at a higher level.

I can easily see the formation of level-specific groups for the sole purpose of making sure everyone filling a slot in that group can do the content that whoever started the group wants to do. So a level 55 won't be sitting on fleet or talking in guild chat inviting level 45's to do anything.

It'll be frustrating at the lower levels to find lower-level group content when everyone's pushing to hit the next tier.

I understand and support the idea of level-specific conquest goals as a means of exposing a broader array of people at all levels to enjoy conquests, but human nature will take over once this is implemented in ways I don't think anyone here or at EA has anticipated.

The question everyone will ask at the beginning of every week's conquest will be how, based on my level and the level I anticipate that I will be by the time I complete my personal conquest, can I situate myself to maximize my time invested in front of the computer to get the best rewards?

The level 49 level hump and the level 70 level hump to push into the next tier will be very real.

People will do whatever they can do to find non-conquest related activity to push into the next tier before starting conquest. At least the nerf to xp --> conquest points will help that.

While it won't affect guilds whose members are pretty much all at 75 already, there will be an impetus at the individual player level to reach the next tier so as not to lose out on the next tier's rewards.

In turn, this I'm-not-conquesting-until-I-reach-tier could mean a broad delay in guilds whose members have a wide mix of players at various levels.

People approaching the next tier will experience a disincentive to do conquest-related items until they break into the next tier.

All because rewards are locked to the level the player was at the time conquest started.

There's a lot of potential fallout to this process that hasn't been thought through at all.

Edited by xordevoreaux

guild sizes:

because of the conquest design, the planets are just gifts for the mass guilds.

without hard "work" in stupid kpf groups, you don't have any chance to beat

these guilds, as long as skill is not needed to do conquests. even if you do every

conquest goal in a mid size guild, you won't be in the near of a mass guild, just

grinding heroics and rampages.

Correct.

Lichtenstein never conquered Germany.

How odd it would feel, being in a 1,000-member guild with a roster of nothing but level 75 members, all active in conquest, to watch one's guild slip down or off the board because some 25-member guild is handed compensatory game mechanics to overpower it.

Guild size and guild member participation are both limiting factors, and any set of game mechanics added to conquest to somehow put widely different-sized guilds on the same playing field is absurd.

If a thousand-member guild is fully active at conquest, and a 25-member guild is fully active at conquest, Lichtenstein will lose, as it should. No amount of mathematical acrobatics via new conquest features would make sense to invert that outcome.

That is why guilds need not be on the leader boards to reach guild conquest goals any more.

To reach guild conquest, guilds strive to reach a conquest number, not complete against each other.

Yay.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Could personnal conquest rewards offer something in a form of less potent Commander's compendium instead of the gifts? Like name it Commander's report and have it instantly increase a companions rank by 5-10 levels per use.

I have a long standing belief that companion leveling should be more streamlined.

Hello everyone!

With the upcoming Game Update 6.1.1, we will be changing how some aspects of Personal Conquests work. Our main goal for these changes is to make Personal Conquests relevant to any character, not just an activity for players at max level. Our second goal was to add some quality of life improvements that help players in the right direction through clearer menu navigation.

More Objectives

We feel the current Personal Conquest system has too high of a reliance on the automatic conversion of EXP to Conquest points. While this is helpful to allow players to experience content of their choosing, players who wanted to focus on their Conquest objectives found themselves lacking enough objectives to meaningfully contribute during a session.

If players were opting to farm the same enemies over and over again to meet their Personal Conquest goal, what does that really say? As we took a step back, we saw this as more of a systemic issue that we wanted to address. Starting with Game Update 6.1.1, the Conquest system will only take base EXP and convert it to Conquest points. Any Experience Boosts will no longer grant additional Conquest points. To counteract this Conquest point deficit, we are adjusting the objectives in a few ways – adding more objectives to various game systems, increasing the repeatability of some objectives, and making them more relevant to your character’s level.

More Repeatable Objectives

Players have expressed frustration with the repeatability of Conquest Objectives, particularly Weekly objectives. Weekly objectives feel frustrating because they can be completed only once on a single character, forcing players to choose which character gets the lucrative amount of Conquest points. We know the preferred solution for players would be to allow conquest completion per character, but unfortunately this is a much larger technical change that cannot be quickly addressed. In the meantime, to address this issue we will be adding more repeatable and Daily objectives to allow greater flexibility in how Personal Conquests can be completed.

Level Relevant Objectives

The way we plan on making Personal Conquests more accessible to all characters, not just ones at end-game content, is by breaking up Conquest objectives into three level ranges: levels 1 – 49, levels 50 – 70, and levels 71+. This way a level 50 character won’t be asked to kill enemies on Ossus or complete a Master Mode Flashpoint. In a couple of days we'll post an update in this thread with a full breakdown of a specific Conquest's Objectives.

Level Relevant Rewards

Currently Personal Conquest rewards are mostly relevant at level 75. As part of creating separate level ranges, we wanted to ensure that the rewards players receive from a Personal Conquest are immediately impactful, no matter your character level. In order to achieve this, we have changed the rewards granted to players, depending on their level range. Players will notice that the rewards at level 71+ are not changing.

Levels 1 - 49

• Mission EXP boosts
    • These will be a new type of boost. These will offer bonus experience from Missions only and they'll be stackable with other boosts. They will also have a shorter duration of 30 minutes per boost.

[*]Companion Gifts

[*]Gathering Lockbox

Levels 50 - 70

• Mission EXP boosts
  • Companion Gifts
  • Gathering Lockbox

Levels 71+

• Credit Certificate (25k)
  • Gathering Lockbox
  • Solid Resource Matrices
  • Tech Fragments
  • Small Conquest Equipment Crate

These rewards are locked in once the Conquest begins. For example, if a character starts the Conquest at level 45 and reaches level 50 half-way through the week, they will still get rewards for the level 1 - 49 range. The following Conquest will then update to the next tier of rewards. There are no plans to change Guild Invasion rewards.

Better Navigation within Conquests

In order to make progressing towards your Conquest goal simpler, we are introducing a system that will allow you to move from the Personal Conquest window right to your objective. This means if a Conquest objective requires you to complete a specific mission, you'll be able to receive the Mission and travel to the Mission location right from the Personal Conquest window! We can bring you to the specific Flashpoint or Operation required, open up the crafting window for crafting related objectives, or grant you the Mission needed to complete objectives. This will help players get right into the action and prevent issues of not knowing where to go for an objective.

When will these Conquest changes be coming to PTS?

Currently, the changes being implemented with Game Update 6.1.1 will not be making it to PTS. Our upcoming PTS build will instead be focusing on Game Update 6.1.2, which will consist of Master Mode Dxun, new Set Bonuses, and Class changes. Given the nature of these changes, the team would like the hands-on testing focused on these.

With that in mind, what do you think of these quality of life changes? Do you feel like your experience completing Conquests will be improved? Also, are there any activities or content that aren’t properly represented in Conquest objectives currently?

Everything listed above is subject to change based on internal testing as well as player feedback in this thread. We will post an additional update in a couple of days to give an example of what a Conquest’s entire objective list would look like.

Nerfs are bad. If players won't be able to finish conquest BY RUNNING CONTENT THEY PREFER RUNNING it will cause a catastrophical decline of players. I play only ranked pvp so there is no way i will go playing pve for conquest. And if i won't be able to reach conquest with only doing ranked pvp i won't play this game at all.

Apologies to whoever reads this, just a large outpouring of salt by a new player:

Did the nerfing for conquest gain have to spread beyond Karraga's Palace farming? Its rather depressing to hear you directly state that people were attaining conquest too easy, and thus you'll be deciding to unilaterally nerf conquest gains across the board. I apologise, but

adding more objectives to various game systems, increasing the repeatability of some objectives, and making them more relevant to your character’s level
is literally just making people grind more to meet conquest. And the ridiculous removal of solid resource matrixes from conquest rewards for sub-level 70 characters literally makes playing them a worse option in every way then playing whatever level 70+ characters you already have, as you'll be wasting your effort.

I honestly don't get it, there's literally zero point to locking characters to the conquest tier they started the week in? Are players getting to endgame content too quickly? Dragging out the grind doesn't help player retention, although I'm sure whoever had the bright idea for it managed to phrase it that way. I'm a fairly new player, started in December last year, and I'm finding myself already reluctant to level new characters, mainly cause crafting seems specially tailored to favor established, long-term players over newer ones. Is crafting supposed to be your "endgame grind" to keep players invested? Cause its a part of the game, but certainly not something I'll call content.

I get that I'm being way too salty over this, but this Conquest update to "nerf KP farming" has instead transformed into a "General Conquest nerf" for non level-75 characters. Isn't the issue with credit inflation that established players have too much credits *IN RELATION* to new players? How does making it even worse for new players to earn credits help that? The rich players are already rich, they aren't the ones primarily hit by the conquest nerfs, its new players who suffer a whole lot more. I'm never going to be able to afford any of the nice looking sets on the GTN, and I get that its your intention to force new players to spend cc to buy those, but if I could at least grind to eventually afford one or two sets there'll be a point to me playing the game once I've finishing Onslaught.

All in all, I'm just disappointed that the nerfs are going to end up hitting new players way harder than long-term players.

I feel like there's a bit too much stick and not enough carrot in the design. If you want players to participate in a wider variety of content, boost the ignored content. And... don't force people to have alt-itis.

Plus, I just can't get excited about system changes. The last changes and updates still have bugs.

Finish what you started before moving on, please!

Edited by Xina_LA

Thanks everyone for pointing out that small typo on my end. I can confirm the amount of Solid Resource Matrices will NOT change for the level 71+ group. I made sure to update the original post to better reflect this.

While you're at it can you please ask the dev's to throw us pvpers a bone. Gearing through pvp is impossible. Only get 1 blue box for a win and get zero tech fragments and a warzone lasts as long as a single hammer station run. Would love if warzones granted similar amounts of tech fragments after each warzone that you would get during a flashpoint run.

Starting with Game Update 6.1.1, the Conquest system will only take base EXP and convert it to Conquest points. Any Experience Boosts will no longer grant additional Conquest points. To counteract this Conquest point deficit, we are adjusting the objectives in a few ways – adding more objectives to various game systems, increasing the repeatability of some objectives, and making them more relevant to your character’s level.

This is the main change that concerns me; I think this should have been added to the PTS so we could have fed back how this impacts us in reality, given the changes that are supposed to make up the deficit.

I think the other changes are looking to be pretty decent and alt friendly, mostly (see below). As a solo player, depending on which conquest week it is, I could generally reach the conquest objectives on 2-3 level 70+ alts BUT I rarely bothered with alts under 70 for the reasons mentioned in your big list of info.

The second change that concerns me is the rewards per level range. At the moment we can get solid resource matrices as a conquest reward for all levels of character, however these will be removed in 6.1.1 for all levels below 71. Given that crafting is currently a bit of a nightmare, crafters don't need a change that hinders it even more by removing one of the ways to obtain an essential crafting item from the lower level conquest rewards (I speak as a solo player - don't know if this affects those doing conquest as part of a guild). Getting solid resource matrices as part fo the conquest reward was a huge incentive to do conquests and the only reason I run alts through it. It's just about the only sensible way to these matrices as a soloer (buying them from GTN which is just stupid as far as I'm concerned and I have a decent amount of in-game credits). My crafters are all level 71+ however being able to get them on lower level alts whilst doing conquest related content for EXP was really helpful. I suggest keeping solid resource matrix as a conquest reward for all levels: x1 for levels 1-49, x2 for levels 50-70 and x3 for levels 71+

Apologies to whoever reads this, just a large outpouring of salt by a new player:

Did the nerfing for conquest gain have to spread beyond Karraga's Palace farming?

Probably had everything to do with it. The far more elegant solution would have been for the points to rack up for killing trash mobs in KP but then don't award them until completion of the operation, but that would have been far more programming than just nerfing kill points.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Have a few direct questions I would like an answer to.

1) This Base XP Conversion and not converting Bonus XP to CP. How big of a change it that going to make?

2) Right now, I get 625 CP from finishing a mission (Heroic/class/FP/whatever). However...that 625 is the same across the board, from level 1 to level 75. If you are converting base XP, will you get more for finishing a level 75 quest than you do for a level 1 quest since the XP is much greater at 75 than 1?

3) Do you have a list of the objectives that will be added, changed, and rearranged?

a) If you do, I am sure we would like to see it BEFORE the patch notes the day before it is going live.

4) Do you have a "average CP/Hour" rate that you are trying to get to?... or are you just swinging blindly in the wind nerfing the crap out of XP->CP Conversion?

I have more questions, but those are the big 4 I have right now.

Edited by MacCleoud

As someone who came back about two months ago and taking multiple characters through their base storylines and my farthest character is still in KOTET, I have some concerns but also some things I like about these changes. I think for the 1-50 bracket, the biggest issue I run into is playing the story is not efficient at getting to the conquest cap. You need to be doing warzone farming or flash points to hit the conquest cap weekly, and then you end up 10+ levels above the planet you are on. It's a bit insane. I think it you can incentivize story missions or doing side quests or any of that (or just incentivize heroics, not just on a single planet and 1 time per day per legacy), that would go a long way to getting people at lower levels to hit their conquest faster.

I like the idea someone posted above about a new item instead of gifts that instantly grant a couple levels to a companion instead of a gift that, depending on the level used might be more-or-less worthless (especially with KOTFE's companion stuff, may be useless for some for a long time, since you are targeting lower level players who would not have done any of that yet on that character). These could be bound to character or legacy bound if you don't want them in the wild on the GTN (and would cause more people to play alts to get them for their mains or max level characters as well).

I think the change for the credit cache to go from 25K to 15K is moot. 10K is nothing in this game and If it's a new player they need that extra 10K to train their crafting skills, send out for missions, etc and can't pump millions of credits into alts to power level. I think the 25K should be more but that is neither here nor there.

As someone who has never once set for into an operation, I just hope that things don't become more effort for me to stop those who were using this system in a way you guys didn't like (farming Op trash). As it is right now I capped my conquest on 6 characters this past week.. I could have done all 8 but I instead chose to level through their story instead of sitting in the activity finder. I basically got them to 50K or so (some up to 80K for doing some other stuff) and then logged off to work on others. I don't think conquest should be free but I don't want to have my free time that I play casually to take twice as long because others with better gear / more time / more knowledge are taking advantage of the system.

As a side note, I know im probably the only person in SWTOR who still occasionally plays the rail shooter. But it would be really cool if the conquest rewards would give a ship part or something since it's only from vendors anymore.

Probably had everything to do with it. The far more elegant solution would have been for the points to rack up for killing trash mobs in KP but then don't award them until completion of the operation, but that would have been far more programming than just nerfing kill points.

"It is an elegant weapon from a much more civilized age."

Forget the elegant weapon, just spray it with blaster fire.

Warning for a wall of text :D

Preface: I was an officer in a large conquest guild, got the Galaxy Conqueror achievement there, before retiring to a much smaller and quieter guild of mostly nim raiders (where we still manage to conquer large planet, but often it is very close). I have experiences from those two rather different environments. So I will try to comment from both perspectives.

Currently in game I run nim/harder hm opses (like Dxun), craft, hunt achievements and help my friends whatever they need to do. Since I have really lot of achievement points, I probably did activities that some players are not even aware that they exist at all, I will comment on that below too.

When I started game, it took me long to realize what conquest is and how to do it - the new GUI is definitely an improvement on that and I rarely see anyone asking about it compared to before. It seems the changes to interface to provide mission / teleport player to objective are again aimed at newer players, which is good. For veteran players it is a minor convenience, but for a new player it is a huge boon. They will not have to swap out of game to google what this objective is and where to go, which is not fun and feels like doing chores. They can just play the game.

That said, really new players would probably be fine with the proposed rewards, but mostly because they do not know better. I am not going to argue about why the conquest is locked to the starting level - I guess it is an implementation decision. I am fine with the tiers giving out different equipment crate or xp boost for low level characters - it will be useful for them at the time they get them. Companion gifts are nice too, actually I would not mind them even on my 75+ characters, but as a crafter I might be a bit biased here (having 8-9 50+ companions on every character takes heaps of gifts) :D

What I would change is the Solid Resource Matrices to be added to all level tiers - since they go to the material inventory, they do not take up valuable inventory or bank space anymore, and a new player would get some head start when he gets to 75 and starts collecting set gear - being able to craft an augment or two will immediately give him better stats, and as a proper Sith craving more power the new player would want more of those shinies - he will know he wants to do the conquest again and again for some time!

Similarly, the credit chip rewards are just too low for any level ranges. They give same or even less credits than a daily mission that can be completed in about one minute on ungeared character (Black Hole Imperial daily for scanning people in base says hi). It does not feel rewarding at all for something we should work on for hour(s) and getting the reward once per week. Please increase the reward drastically to something like 100k / 200k / 250k - even if it meant that there would be no credit chips later from guild reward, so the credit reward would be frontloaded and same for everyone. New people need to unlock strongholds, legacy and character unlocks are also not free, then you need to pay for learning crafting skills (people often forget that you dump a few millions just for this). I am not even talking about buying set gear, pulling out mods or repairs. I already finished those expenses and I am sitting on 560M in my legacy bank, 6.0 was about 40M loss for me so far and I did not bother to get it back yet. For me it does not matter if conquest gives a bit more credits or not, my credits come from crafting, and the higher conquest reward would still not cover one evening of progressing a nim ops boss (my favorite credit sink now, the repair bill cost is noticeable). So if the credit chips stay low, I - a half rich player with 150% SH bonus and perfected 306 sets - will not be affected. The new / poor players that are saving up to buy their strongholds and unlocking it bit by bit, while also trying to scramble enough to buy a set piece and then saving up again to rip out armoring and mod to fill them... they will feel the difference. In the large conquest guild we had plenty of those, we have created guides for them what to sell on GTN (conquest mats, of course, and then they were unhappy about not having the newest augments... crafting mats, but they could not be bothered with converting jawa junk and selling those... crafted gear, but they did not want to craft...companion gifts, but they wanted to keep those...) and which dailies and heroics gave out good reward in credits (because pure credits, well, they worked).

As for the fight between huge conquest guilds and smaller ones - if a 500+ people (unique legacies) decide to team up and conquer a planet, a guild of 30 will not stop them. Nor should they. Running such a huge guild is difficult, takes hours of time and feels like a job (cat herder popped in my mind for some reason :D), so successfully managing it and bringing so many people together to reach a goal is an achievement that should be rewarded. The only reason why those guild invade smaller planets is because the members in them need achievement to conquer that specific planet to get a title, and the planet always comes as small or medium, so the guildies just agree to take a huge financial loss and invade there for achievement. They don't do it to spite smaller guild, and it always comes with a loss (they could invade large planet and get much better rewards for 1000 characters). If there was option to invade each planet with a choice if you want to invade it as small, medium or large planet invasion, those guilds would happily invade it as large planet and leave small and medium invasions to other guilds. Trust me, no one is happy about 20M points guild on small planet - not even the 20M point guild leading the board there. So one of QoL changes would be to change the tier system of planets.

I am really curious how the new objectives would look like and will comment on that when we get a preview, but for me the conquest comes mainly from 3 sources:

- Big once per week rewards (and yes, I have to juggle my characters for them, but I have 4 juggs, 4 sorcs and 2 sins which I like to play and capping 10 characters is long enough that I don't bother with it often - so I have no issues swapping around, but people with less characters, or having only one that can heal or tank might overcap easily)

- Running group content (mainly team nim/hm opses, sometimes FP or Uprising with friends)

- Crafting

The big weekly rewards are obvious, they should be focused on the conquest week - Weeklies in Galactic War, DP/DF ops when Oricon is up, FP weeklies in FP Havoc week... They give a decent chunk of points, but are not the fastest way to cap the character for experienced conquestors. However they give enough that people do them and don't feel like wasted time. It would be nice if there were a few more of them, perhaps converted from less popular dailies (Eternal Championship could go there, as I never saw anyone running it daily - usually only once per week when there are additional weekly missions available). I would like to see them expanded by a few more objectives - like on GSF week there could be also mission for all PvE Space combat Operations, on other weeks one Space combat Operation that takes place near one of invaded planets. When there is a planet with Star Fortress above it, there could be a mission to complete this Star Fortress in any mode. If there is a world boss on a planet, include him every time - even if it means 2-3 world bosses on the list. You have this content developed, so you can point your players to it - and since the space combat or star fortresses do not give much rewards (valid for endgame), you can compensate that by making it a weekly so it would be done only once and for large number of points.

Once per day repeatable objectives are now often lackluster for the time spent vs. reward - only exceptions being the 6k (highest) ones for one daily mission on events like Rakghouls or Gree - those can be again done really fast. Crafting dailies are good, as they allow for doing other stuff while crafting Invasion Force or such. However other daily rewards are greatly overshadowed by getting xp for kills - for example doing the daily Heroic on Ilum conquest objective gives about half of the points I get just for kills in the area while doing the staged bonus mission. Similarly, running a FP as an objective takes longer and the kills in the FP will result in more conquest points than the objective. Those objectives are nice bonuses, but only if you intend to do the content anyway, they are not good enough to warrant grinding them every day.

I do not see a clear way how to make them better - the conquest points for kills are nice in that they allow for playing any content, but they also devalue those daily objectives most. But without conquest points for kills, conquest would be too grindy. Perhaps halving the points for kills and doubling the daily objectives would bring more focus on the objectives? Currently these daily objectives are the ones I play the least.

Also I really like the staged objectives like Socialite I and II or Rampages - perhaps some objectives like this? Complete a Heroic on a planet for 2k conquest points -> Unlock objective to complete the Daily mission to complete x heroics on same planet for 6k conquest points? I think it would be better than having just repeatable heroic mission on a planet - people then choose the fastest one and grind it again and again until they burn out. It would be nice to randomly assign one or two uprisings to each week too, they are now easy to do, but again - people would flock to the fastest and easiest one if the objective is just for weeklies, so specific uprisings would be needed, and perhaps again those would be better suited for weekly.

The infinitely repeatable objectives are best, obviously, as you can just complete them all the time and completing it does not prevent other alts from doing those. As a crafter I like the crafting of 50 any materials, little less the war supplies as they take a lot of materials and give same points. I like that completing the PvP matches or GSF or chapters is always here - they are nice bonuses. But it would be nice if there was also repeatable objective for event missions (weekly needs usually 5-6 missions for Gree or Rakghouls, you get some points for 1st mission, then nothing - it would be nice to get something for the event missions if we decide to do the weekly in one day). Not sure about the implementation if this would be doable easily or not, but perhaps 2 repeatable objectives to kill HM ops boss and NiM ops boss (any, not just last bosses) to give incentives for doing harder content? There are lockouts anyway, so it is not really unlimited... Also for non-crafters, maybe harvesting x nodes could give some points too? Opening a treasure chest for explorers?

Also some easy weekly missions that would bring players to the planets could be done - like killing 10 Bantha on Tatooine, or 10 Wampas on Hoth - each planet has some iconic enemy that could be used for this. Pub side can kill Sith npcs, Imp side can kill Jedi npcs on Corellia....

"It is an elegant weapon from a much more civilized age."

Forget the elegant weapon, just spray it with blaster fire.

I think a more apt paraphrase would be:

The more you tighten your grip, the more players will slip through your fingers.

THIS IS HUGE, you've been warned. :D

I have never before bothered with posting on the forums, but, you know what? Here you can find so much to work with, so much thought and so much passion, that it made me step up to it. Really. Because it makes everything... Shine, really, even when you're angry.

You people must be SO happy that you get us to basically do the most grinding part of your job, that is PROBLEM SOLVING, as In "not reacting out of proportion and creating more issues than it helps". There's SO MUCH in here for you to use, and so easy to get to it. It should be par of course - sit down to start in your work day, catch up with EVERYTHING that relates to feedback, note down the good ideas and bring it to a daily with your coworkers to discuss what's doable AND ANSWERING PEOPLE ABOUT IT, consistently. You know, pretty basic stuff - you don't even need to say "Oh, yes, we can do that" or "No, this is impossible", just highlight things, wonder about priorities, and be a real point of contact between external and internal public... But nevermind me, I'm sure you're fairly aware of how to best do your job, as it probably did not just fall in your lap.

If it did, you better teach us the trick to it, as I can think of half a dozen things I'd like to fall on my lap rn.

Now, on to the wonderful people in this thread:

Oh and on the subject of broken things, could we please change the description of ops to be 70+? You know, since those are the only players who can actually enter them anyway?

That's... Funny? I'm pretty sure I got into KP with a level 60-ish this past week? Aren't OPS now allowing only the entrance of characters who are in the level-bracket of when they were released? I'm confused.

More on XP boosts: A guildie remarked, and I concur, that we've spent a lot of REAL WORLD $$$$ on XP boosts and don't like having them taken away arbitrarily like this. Something to consider.

While I think XP boosts are not something I would care to get from CQ even a low-level, I don't think them being in CM really should be an issue as you'll get them from doing story missions (in Vanilla) and they'll last you for far beyond 60 these days. Also, I think most of the CM XP boosts are just the thrash you rather not have gotten from packs.

I feel like the people making these decisions have forgotten that ongoing weekly activities for key resources should NOT be an constant uphill slog and endless grindfest. while I can actually complete conquest faster than the current "KP Cheese", it's actually more interesting and fun to be in a large group and just blow through some trash mobs like a total bad*ss... .

Yep! While KP farming is ridiculously fast, don't underestimate the fun people have in grouping in big numbers and trying to kill everything in increasingly ridiculous ways. And - thing is, if cq is too long to get and you need it to get better geared in the end, it becomes a chore. If I wanted to do chores, I'd be organising the closets, not playing SWTOR, thank you very much.

As someone who came back about two months ago and taking multiple characters through their base storylines and my farthest character is still in KOTET, I have some concerns but also some things I like about these changes. I think for the 1-50 bracket, the biggest issue I run into is playing the story is not efficient at getting to the conquest cap. You need to be doing warzone farming or flash points to hit the conquest cap weekly, and then you end up 10+ levels above the planet you are on. It's a bit insane. I think it you can incentivize story missions or doing side quests or any of that (or just incentivize heroics, not just on a single planet and 1 time per day per legacy), that would go a long way to getting people at lower levels to hit their conquest faster.

YES, this is a real problem.

Look, I get it, you can't push off content quickly enough so CQ relies heavily in doing the same things again and again. If that is so, reward people for doing stuff they haven't done before (in that character). Increase the cq points you get from doing Class and Planet missions (it's pitifully low), get exploration missions as an actual infinite repeatable objective. Some of us have done it all... Those of us probably have a lot of characters from the last 4 years that didn't need to. God knows I have characters who I didn't even bother to finish starter planet because I could just travel through heroics and gf. I never get around continuing story in these characters, even when I want to, because it feels like time I'm loosing when I could be getting serious CQ points. This is a continuous problems because even my low-levels quickly have out-leveled their planets, are needed for CQ and end up being "stationed" in DK/Coruscant forever.

I mean, it feels a bit ABSURD to me that we have a week called "Revenge of the Revanites" that doesn't grant points for starting/finishing SoR (but somehow RR is an objective? I mean wut?), "Dread War" where doing the storyline in Oricon is irrelevant, never a good reason to suffer through Makeb (I swear I first finished Makeb on imp side last month, even if I've been playing for years).

You've gone and given us something with Chapter Master. Now expand that beyond KOTFE/KOTET.

Could personnal conquest rewards offer something in a form of less potent Commander's compendium instead of the gifts? Like name it Commander's report and have it instantly increase a companions rank by 5-10 levels per use.

I have a long standing belief that companion leveling should be more streamlined.

That's actually a VERY good idea! I don't even care that much about comp leveling BUT this is a very good idea.

You know what was fun (even though many vocal naysayers would scream at me)??

The Light vs Dark event... where you could do just that: farm CM quality cosmetics rather than farming money to buy them.

YES!

Look, it was exciting to get those boxed because it felt like REAL reward for hard work. We were excited in opening them up and ready to share our findings with people around us. This is not something you can ever get from CM because at CM there's always the little voice of your grandma or whatever saying that pouring money into a game is a waste of resources and what will you do when you need it for stocking food for the nuclear war or whatever? At most, when opening a CM pack, I found myself frustrated because I kept getting the same thing again and again instead of what I wanted. I swear I've been sitting in enough "Elegant Dresses" to fit 2 PVP teams for years. (Really, we needed a feature to stick this sort of **** into CM stash at the very least).

Warning for a wall of text :D

Totally worth reading. Just - very good and well thought of. :o

More Objectives

We feel the current Personal Conquest system has too high of a reliance on the automatic conversion of EXP to Conquest points. While this is helpful to allow players to experience content of their choosing, players who wanted to focus on their Conquest objectives found themselves lacking enough objectives to meaningfully contribute during a session.

I think you'll find that, for the most part, we do Conquest because we need to, and, yes, it's FUN, but it's also NEEDED rn. We need more FUN and less NEED. However, limiting the points people gain from doing non-specific objectives is the opposite of helping. See above session on Vanilla Content.

If players were opting to farm the same enemies over and over again to meet their Personal Conquest goal, what does that really say?

... That most of the time, people will prefer ordering takeway rather than going out to hunt for their own meat? I mean, this doesn't really stop people from hunting for fun/sport/food; it just makes sure other people won't go hungry.

And this is not even something happening on an individual-level, you're treating something that creates engagement and cooperation between large groups of players that don't even know each other as a bad thing. I thought the whole point of MMO was getting together and trashing through enemies in a group rather than solo-stealthing BoL/RR week after week until I hit cq.

You really realy really need to think of a middleground here.

To counteract this Conquest point deficit, we are adjusting the objectives in a few ways – adding more objectives to various game systems, increasing the repeatability of some objectives, and making them more relevant to your character’s level.

(...)

Level Relevant Objectives

The way we plan on making Personal Conquests more accessible to all characters, not just ones at end-game content, is by breaking up Conquest objectives into three level ranges: levels 1 – 49, levels 50 – 70, and levels 71+. This way a level 50 character won’t be asked to kill enemies on Ossus or complete a Master Mode Flashpoint. In a couple of days we'll post an update in this thread with a full breakdown of a specific Conquest's Objectives.

See, here lies a problem too: character level hasn't matched character-advancement in years and years. Have you throughly considered this when revamping this system? Because, really, it makes no more sense that my level 20 Sent can "get" a "Complete the Flashpoint: Assault on Tython" than it does for my "Level 70 With Master's Compendium Datacron" Shadow not to be able to get points from, say, helping the Gree to repair Coruscant's infrastructure. There was already a gap with the XP revamp that started in 4.0, but after the introduction of the "still-get-story-insta-70's" it just became completely unrelated to a whole new level -- and IF I choose to roll at level one and then use the datacron, that's because I WANT to do the story at some point, otherwise I'd just get a token insta-70.

Levels 1 - 49

• Mission EXP boosts

[*]Companion Gifts

[*]Gathering Lockbox

Levels 50 - 70

• Mission EXP boosts
  • Companion Gifts
  • Gathering Lockbox

This is... The opposite of useful.

First, the Gathering lockbox is among the least useful things there are, specially if you have tons of alts. Can you imagine how much of the same you get every week? Yeah. Then I have to PLACE them in SHs, and, honestly, there's no good way to place a lot of those resources without turning your SH into a dumpster. Just... Yeah, no.

Also: LESS money is NEVER the solution considering this game's economy. Even the 25/50k rewards you get now are pitiful. Consider adding zeroes, as others mentioned.

And: PEOPLE DON'T NEED MORE EXP BOOSTS, running Vanilla story already provides your with a ton of them, more than enough to see you get to 65 - just give them good reason to take the time doing it. Not to mention, this s**t is bound and once you get to max level and inevitably have half a dozen of them stacked, they become useless FOR YEARS.

Just annoying.

#stillbitteroverthedvlxpbooststhatwereneverunbound

Better Navigation within Conquests

Actually quite cool.

With that in mind, what do you think of these quality of life changes? Do you feel like your experience completing Conquests will be improved? Also, are there any activities or content that aren’t properly represented in Conquest objectives currently?

Everything listed above is subject to change based on internal testing as well as player feedback in this thread. We will post an additional update in a couple of days to give an example of what a Conquest’s entire objective list would look like.

So many good ideas on this thread and I think we've been very through and vocal about what we feel about it. Now, all that is left, is taking that to the actual table and seeing what's doable now, only later, or not at all. And, of course, answering! ;)

hello my opinion about cq and changes is the following

please reduce the amount of conquest points per toon! 50000 conquest points per toon is very high. You can easily get to the target if you have 150% sh bonus and subscription for ops/warzones/etc. Also most of us have several toons and we want to get conquest on all of them!

So more sources of conquest if you want to nerf cq kill farm and also reduced amount of cq to be more alt friendly.

my suggestion for level tier is the following

Levels 1 - 49 - 5000 cq points

Mission EXP boosts

These will be a new type of boost. These will offer bonus experience from Missions only and they'll be stackable with other boosts. They will also have a shorter duration of 30 minutes per boost.

Companion Gifts

Credit Certificate (200k)

Gathering Lockbox

Equipment Box Level tier 1-5(

- if i am level 1-10 i get an box tier 1 with full set purple 10

- if i am level 11-20 i get an box tier 2 with full set purple 20

and so on till

- if i am level 41-49 i get an box tier 5 with full set purple lvl 49

Levels 50 - 70 15000

Mission EXP boosts

Companion Gifts

Credit Certificate (300k)

Gathering Lockbox

Heroic Box (Level Dependent Gear) SET

Levels 71+ 25000

Credit Certificate (400k)

Gathering Lockbox

Solid Resource Matrices

Tech Fragments

Small Conquest Equipment Crate

Clarification about sets! i dont ask for new sets! but for a full equipment for that class, exactly how the set from master datacron was given (the 230 irating ones)

but for level, level 10 full set rating 50 or how much is it.

Edited by neneaz
pressed wrong button and posted without finishing

Please get rid of Conquest so guilds can focus on actually playing the game with their members.

You do realize that conquest is how guilds level to get the % bonus to give to your members, to unlock your guild's flagship, and all that? Before you toss conquest, figure out how guilds will replace all that without conquest, because EA sure as hell isn't going to sit there and give every 4 people making a guild every last possible guild amenity under the sun for doing absolutely zero. The investment in a guild to grow a guild is expressed through pursuing conquest objectives.

Our upcoming PTS build will instead be focusing on Game Update 6.1.2, which will consist of Master Mode Dxun, new Set Bonuses, and Class changes. Given the nature of these changes, the team would like the hands-on testing focused on these.

Excited to give more feedback, hope you guys will be giving out more info and asking/listening to more feedback. Since you'll be doing class changes don't forget the impact of the classes and bonuses in PvP.

If at all any chance you guys could look into GCD issues, abilities are locking up and sometimes not going off in a GCD cycle, Fury/Concentration is a big one with the problem currently. Whether it's the fact warrior/knight uses the most ability charges or it's the fact it gets CDR per fill use for Obliterate/Raging burst. One of these has to be causing problems I think, considering warmonger for juggernaut is still not fixed. While the CDR works with the charge animation, you don't actually get your ability charge until the full cooldown time has gone by.

Very short because it's hard to judge the impact of the xp boost nerf without testing and without having the list of objectives.

- YES to level-related objectives

- NO to level-related rewards

- NO to XP boosts as a reward, we already get more of those than we need just playing the class story.

- MAYBE to companion gifts as a reward, I'd say ONLY if they're rank 6 gifts. But I'd rather you add them to renown crates instead to be honest.

What I think needs to be done:

- Offer more objectives, and some for solo players, just because some people prefer to play solo doesn't mean they don't want to contribute to the guild effort.

- More specific flashpoint than just Ilum, Mando Raiders, etc.

- Give us Galactic Rampage back.

- Change the "once per legacy" objectives preferably to "once per character" but at the very least to "once per faction" as soon as you can

- Offer every planets for the week for all yield or at the very least rotate them between yields, that way big guilds who are after the titles can get them all from large yield.

- Make it easier to get flagship plans! Lots of smaller guilds are only interested in unlocking more flagship rooms, a good compromise would be to reward one plan per 50k conquest points earned; as an examplen if you make 150k conquest points on one character, you would get 3 plans. And for the love of the force make them cheaper to get through crafting too!