Game Update 6.1.1 Conquest Changes

DanielSteed

Also, casual new players... don't need credits for anything in this game and quite frankly if you play casually, you don't need more than a few mil credits, WHICH you can easily get by doing regular content and heroics.

Whatever you think casuals spend their money on, you've sorely miscalculated.

160+ alts across 4 accounts. My main account is subbed, 90+ alts.

I spend between 4 million to 6 million credits on every new toon I create unlocking all of the character perks at level 1 that I use plus sometimes unlocking HK.

97K to pop out a level 75 legacy mod to put it in another piece of armor for another toon.

One armor set piece at 75 on fleet is 3,000 frags + 1 million credits.

I do not do nightmare ops. I rarely do master mode. I do not strive to be any great PVP god.

This game is as much a money drain for me as anyone attempting to get uber.

Edited by xordevoreaux

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While you're at it can you please ask the dev's to throw us pvpers a bone. Gearing through pvp is impossible. Only get 1 blue box for a win and get zero tech fragments and a warzone lasts as long as a single hammer station run. Would love if warzones granted similar amounts of tech fragments after each warzone that you would get during a flashpoint run.

They don't care about pvp. They want us unsub and quit the game. They killed team ranked, they ignore pvp class balance, they ignore bots in solo ranked, they ignore lack of rewards in pvp

Not sure if this belongs here or not but here it is....

It's Tuesday night. I have logged onto all my characters that reached their personal conquest goals the previous week and because I've ranked in the top 10 of whatever planet my guild choose to conquer, I now have 10,000 Tech Frags and nowhere to spend them on until Friday when that guy, Kai Zykken, shows up on the fleet that sells unique items.

For the next 3 days I have to see that RED warning sign that says I've reached my limit on Tech Frags EVERY SINGLE TIME I need to deconstruct stuff out of my inventory.

Can we have that vendor on the fleet full time? That way I can purchase the Unidentified Unique Item whenever I need to, like now since I'm at 10,000 tech frags. He can still change his other items that he sells every Friday but at least give us something to spend them on other than the deco's on Ossos.

you can buy decos on Ossus with tech frags. and you can always buy the random stuff to use the tech frags up.

Overall, I like the sound of these proposed changes, and I have little sympathy for all the whinging about them. The answer to all these complaints is the same - join a larger guild!

I especially support the idea of taking the Solid Resource Matrix away from the rewards of the sub-71's. This is a good idea! There are already too many on the market, and it's driven the price down to little more than one-third of what it used to be.

With even a little work, it's currently possible to make Conquest goal of 50K on 4-5 toons per week, and you can bootstrap yourself up from nothing in a month.

Also, casual new players... don't need credits for anything in this game and quite frankly if you play casually, you don't need more than a few mil credits, WHICH you can easily get by doing regular content and heroics.

It's expensive for anyone looking to play some serious endgame and want to properly gear up and min max multiple alts, something a casual.. doesn't need to do at all.

:rak_02:

Could you be so kind as to not decide what we casuals do or don't need?

Serious endgame? LOL.

You need at least 292 gear for SM ops and MM fps which is not "serious endgame" in the slightest. Lower gear means you're vote-kicked. Have you looked up prices for extracting mods? Yeah.

And if you happen to want a specific piece or set of gear (don't we all? or being a casual means no interest in such lowly matters?) it's more money.

Even more goes into amplifiers. Not "making all of them gold-tier", god forbid. Just getting rid of those that do nothing/do something we don't want or need. My friend likes datacrone hunts, they get rid of all +speen amplifiers, etc.

Repair costs? Casuals suffer more, as we are simply not that skilled...

And then there's this nice elefant in the room, which is: casuals are the main buyers on GTN. Yeah, filthy casuals with a lot of alts are those who, y'know, tend to dress up their space barbies to a tee. Which costs credits--a LOT more since those credit sinks were introduced.

As non-casual players need even more everyday creds than we do...and they know where to get them.

Try moving to a new server and gearing at least one character. You'll be surprised

i would certainly welcome inclusion of many, many more pve conquest objectives because pve has been disadvantaged with pve mostly having one-time cq objectives vs. pvp's infinitely repeatable cq objectives.

we still dont know what actually happened to Galactic Rampage cq objective that went missing some time around 5.9 i think it was. so im hoping that will come back as well.

Hey everyone,

Already there has been a lot of good feedback in this thread! After some internal discussion, the team has decided to merge Game Updates 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 together, in order to make everything available on PTS. This way, everyone can get hands-on experience for how these Conquest changes work and we can have more iterations of feedback.

We might be able to get PTS up by this Friday, but if not keep your eyes peeled for an update next week. This revised Game Update 6.1.1 will feature these Conquest changes, Master Mode difficulty for the Nature of Progress Operation, new Set Bonuses, and Class changes focused primarily on healing. Feedback threads for these other topics mentioned will be created for the PTS forum soon.

Thanks for the feedback and please keep it coming!

I am looking forward to PTS!

I have only one question, will there be a possibility to see more conquest weeks (ideally all of them)? Like.. having a set schedule of conquests and rotate them every day, so we can see all 16 of them? Because if not, we will get to see maybe 2 or 3 of them which might not be enough to provide accurate feedback, especially for weeks focused heavily on one type of activity (OPs, FPs, dailies, PvP, GSF). If this is not possible because of how the system is coded, would it be possible to export objectives in some form or xml/csv or other parseable format, so we can view them?

Reading up on the comments on this thread, I also think 2 issues were not fully brought into light and discussed, but are hinted at indirectly:

First, the conquest weeks that are tied to event happen always when event is up. It is nice, as it synergizes and gives incentive to do the event. However it also drastically decreases variety of conquest. There are 16 unique conquest weeks, however the events rotate every second week, which results in schedule of:

Death Mark (Tatooine, Nar Shaddaa, Quesh)

random one of 10 non-event conquest week

Pirate Incursion (Balmorra, Taris, The Black Hole, Dantooine, Ziost, Rishi, Ossus)

Relics of Gree (Hoth, Ilum, Iokath)

Rakghoul Resurgence (one of 3 possible weeks - Tatooine, Alderaan or Corellia) (Alderaan, Section X, Ossus; Corellia, The Black Hole, Yavin 4; Tatooine, Section X, Onderon)

What issue does this bring? Event conquest weeks are happening far more often than others, which in turn brings their objectives more often. The event conquest should be focused to be balanced far more for every type of gameplay than the non-event weeks, and maybe include more objectives than other weeks due to the repetition. This is why people here do not complain for example about Mechanical Warfare conquest week, but mentioned Pirate Incursion objectives removal a lot - the event conquests just come far more often, so people learned them, found out fastest ways to do those objectives, grind only those considered "good" and ignore the rest. This leads into repetition, which in turn leads to the conquest feeling more like chore than fun. You have a guaranteed week of running Battle of Ilum, a week of running Mandalorian Raiders, a week of running The Lost Island... they are nice FPs, but we get this week and after it ends, you know that in 7 weeks it will come again and again...

Also have a look at which planets are available for conquest - notice that some planets are sort of guaranteed to appear, and big conquest guild aiming for achievements usually have those done already and just invade large target planet, leaving the competition for achievement for being top on the leaderboard to others. On the other hand, planets that are not guaranteed to appear like Belsavis, CZ-198, Makeb, Oricon, Vos are considered much more valuable in terms of achievement for conquering the planet and those will be targeted by large conquest guild almost every time they appear no matter if they are small, medium or large. As a guild leader/officer you do not know when will they appear next time, given that the non-event weeks are completely random, so if you see that next conquest will have one of those 5 then there is usually a vote done if guild wants to invade there for achievement, as you cannot guarantee when will be the next time this planet will be conquerable again - it could be a month or six or even two years...

The second big issue is probably this sentiment:

I think you'll find that, for the most part, we do Conquest because we need to, and, yes, it's FUN, but it's also NEEDED rn. We need more FUN and less NEED. However, limiting the points people gain from doing non-specific objectives is the opposite of helping.

I am happy to say that I no longer NEED to do the conquest. I still do it and cap my characters, but for me there is no pressure anymore. The NEED, as people put it (and one of reasons why any conquest change brings so much uproar in forums), is that conquest is one of last avenues where newer/more casual players are able to get a reasonable amount of credits once per week to spend just by playing the game. This makes people extremely sensitive when it comes to any removal of objectives or nerfing the conquest point gains - for many this is their only way to get credits by selling the conquest materials to richer players. Every Tuesday evening there is a drop on the price of Matrices, because those people try to quickly sell them to get a few millions to buy a few set pieces and rip out few good mods and enhancements to fill those new set pieces. At the same time they are also unlocking the strongholds to get better bonus to be able to cap characters more quickly (and possibly more characters, but those new characters will eventually need set gear again... yeah the circle continues for some time).

Between 5.0 and 6.0 there was no (noticeable) increase in mission rewards, which on one hand is good - you still need to run same amount of missions to unlock a stronghold or legacy passive. On the other hand, the new item tiers like 248, 258 and whole 75 level gear tier has increasingly higher repair costs and prices for add/remove enhancements, mods, armorings, augments... as in the price doubled or tripled. Also unlike before, the best (and most expensive to maintain) tier of 306 gear is eventually available to everyone, as people get pieces with higher item levels when playing the game. It is nice that BiS gear is not restricted and anyone can get it (even if those people do not technically need it to do the easier content) - but it comes with the downside that everyone now has the gear that could be too expensive for them to maintain. It is not restricted to the rich ones who do not care about half million repair bills every week and 100k cost when replacing a piece inside it, everyone now has to pay the same price, whether they have a billion or last hundred thousand credits. And with a much greater variety of set items, where people try and experiment with them and want to have several sets for various situations... and amplifiers that tempt them to reroll a few times... general feeling of the people that were not rich before 6.0 is now that they lack credits for everything.

This created a situation where players like me that play for a few years already that have lots of alts, unlocked legacy perks, unlocked strongholds, many lvl 50 companions and few hundred millions in bank are not really that much affected by the increased costs - I can cap 10+ characters a week if I feel like it and play an hour or two every day, I can do 500-600k+ points in guild by myself without ever stepping into something like KP farm. I can use those 50 matrices I will get to craft 13-14 augments (depends on luck with crit) and sell them on weekend - usually to players that have way less gold than I have, but do not have an army of crafters (or just do not like crafting, I know not everyone does - similar as I do not like PvP). It took time and money to get to this place, and money makes money - but it also means that I am not affected by new credit sinks as much as majority of players that are not here for so long or play less often, because I have means to make the credits back fast. And those numbers I posted are not made up or exaggeration or boasting, they are facts. I did my share of conquest grinding, I have burned out and quit the game over it, I have returned after taking long break and I can see this pattern happening to many other people - instead of having fun, they focus on grinding conquest so heavily that no fun is left in their gameplay, and no one plays game that is not fun for them for long. And I would like this game to stay fun for many people to have someone to play with :)

I am not against having conquest as the major source of income for players - it gives a good incentive to do it every week for just about everyone. However for some time the system relies on players selling a rare material used to create top tier augment (or gear) to other players that have credits to buy them. It looks like a good system - transferring credits between players without creating new credits that would cause inflation. The problem is that the items transferred are materials and not the final item or augment, and since crafting is not easy in this game (it requires significant investments and time to make it really profitable, also not everyone finds crafting fun), we ended up in situation where few very active crafters got insanely rich by buying the materials from players, crafting them into final item and selling it back to those players for more credits than what those players got by selling the mats. I mean.. this is how we crafters operate, we do not craft for free, nor should we. But this is where the credits that people get by selling mats end up. Back in pockets of the ones that initially bought the mats from them. And the margin of profit can be low - if you buy mats for 300M a day and sell crafted items for 310M a day, you only get like 3% profit - it seems low and risky when turning around such sums, but if you do it for 3 months, you will be a billion richer. And since this system runs far longer than 3 months and the margins are often not as low as 3% and players can turn around much more than just 300M a day... there really are very rich players that BW is probably trying to target with credit sinks and with the new expensive achievements (I think that is actually a good way, to have some expensive exclusive shinies as credit sink that rich players can flash around.. I mean, if Darth Marr/Lord Dramath/Empress Acina were available as companion again after unlocking them for some large sum like 10-50M per character... I would be a poor girl in no time :D).

I think this economic aspect must be well understood and taken into consideration when changing conquest rewards and/or time needed to cap characters for players. This is a reason why people keep asking for making conquest easier or faster for example with infinitely repeatable heroics (one of reasons why infinitely repeatable Dantooine dailies were so popular and planet was always full of people that tried to cap each and every characters they had - followed by predictable huge drop of price of matrices the next tuesday). It is not because people want to do conquest for FUN or for guild experience - they want to get it done as fast as possible on as many toons they can just so they can sell the materials from conquest reward and spend the earned credits (ideally on the items we crafted from bought materials, but often just on set pieces, stronghold unlocks and mods removal).

I am not criticizing the system - it is actually nice, in that it is a player based economy. Players sell to and buy from other players. But those systems will create some very rich people over time as a result of being very active buyer/seller/crafter and those are not easy to target with in-game credit sinks. Such economy also results in prices that are decreasing over time (augments and matrices sell for lower and lower prices each week especially compared to what they cost first month, because more and more of them enter game economy), which on one hand makes crafted items more accessible to poorer players, on the other hand people need to get more conquest materials to get as much credits as before - so they have to do conquest on more and more characters, or accept they will get less money (but unlocks, strongholds, sets, repairs and such still cost the same). That will again result in players asking either to make changes to conquest to make it easier/faster, or for some sort of soft reset - new tier of augments, for example, where everyone expects the double amount of mats needed for crafting, and increase to matrices price because of that.

Now I do not envy Bioware much, because in current situation if they make conquest much easier, people will quickly pump into economy so many matrices that their price will plummet down so much that in a few weeks they will end up capping more toons and getting less credits than before (and will come here complaining again), or they do not make it easier and will have players yelling at them for not caring. They can somewhat mitigate it by making more conquest objectives or increasing the points for them and adding more credit rewards for completing the personal conquest - but it would have to be a few hundred thousands - so the conquest reward has more "guaranteed" credit reward than the volatile price of matrices. Or even take an approach similar to weekly conquest reward - give players some guaranteed rewards (actually you can just keep what you intend to have there for various ranges except for guaranteed matrices) and for all level ranges add a choice between 2 matrices and some credit amount (like 500k). As long as the matrices sell for more than 250k people would take them for sale, once they hit a lower price people would just take credits if they do not need materials for crafting their own stuff. The lack of materials would then again drive price up...

It is a tricky balance here, because game economy is now based on 2 main avenues - one of them is cartel market items (where you convert between game currency and real world currency when buying CM item on GTN) and the other is crafted items - currently all endgame items require materials from conquest, and as those materials are not obtainable in any other way, it makes them rare and most expensive component, as there is limited amount of them entering game every week. But if they become more common, they will drop in price and the poorer players who farm them to get credits would get less credits and for them it will be very noticeable, while the rich players might make maybe only 200M instead of 300M per month... in absolute numbers the rich ones would loose a lot more, but due to static prices of gears and unlocks the poorer player would have their gameplay affected more significantly. But handing out too many credits for capping characters would result in inflation on market, so those playing space barbie and saving up for that nice CM dress and platinum lightsaber might suddenly find out that their price is doubled and raising constantly.

All in all, when asking about conquest changes, be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it.

There are a lot of good suggestions, so this may not be at the top of the list.

Is there something that can be put in place so people can't abusing warzones and gsf for conquest. They jump in queue, sitting there all match with 0 across the board, over and over. They know how to avoid being kicked and it can't be called out in chat. Maybe putting something in place that isn't announced so they don't know how to avoid detection. Customer service seems to have gotten quicker at resolving it but I haven't played a single day, in weeks, without griefers/leeches. After one disappears, another takes their place. Either a new player or an Alt. Conquest has a flaw that's constantly abused, either by single players or guilds. Conquest seems to be the primary reason they do it, if not for renown.

There are a lot of good suggestions, so this may not be at the top of the list.

Is there something that can be put in place so people can't abusing warzones and gsf for conquest. They jump in queue, sitting there all match with 0 across the board, over and over. They know how to avoid being kicked and it can't be called out in chat. Maybe putting something in place that isn't announced so they don't know how to avoid detection. Customer service seems to have gotten quicker at resolving it but I haven't played a single day, in weeks, without griefers/leeches. After one disappears, another takes their place. Either a new player or an Alt. Conquest has a flaw that's constantly abused, either by single players or guilds. Conquest seems to be the primary reason they do it, if not for renown.

But how would they? You can earn a medal doing basically nothing (standing in the right place would yield 3) and low skill is easily mistaken for malice...

Hey everyone,

Already there has been a lot of good feedback in this thread! After some internal discussion, the team has decided to merge Game Updates 6.1.1 and 6.1.2 together, in order to make everything available on PTS. This way, everyone can get hands-on experience for how these Conquest changes work and we can have more iterations of feedback.

We might be able to get PTS up by this Friday, but if not keep your eyes peeled for an update next week. This revised Game Update 6.1.1 will feature these Conquest changes, Master Mode difficulty for the Nature of Progress Operation, new Set Bonuses, and Class changes focused primarily on healing. Feedback threads for these other topics mentioned will be created for the PTS forum soon.

Thanks for the feedback and please keep it coming!

Wow! That was unexpected, thanks for listening. I was one of the many who fed back that the proposed conquest changes should be available for testing via PTS. I'm still somewhat annoyed about the removal of matrices in the conquest rewards for under 71s as per my linked post. Put them back even if you have to change the amounts rewarded per level.

:rak_02:

You need at least 292 gear for SM ops and MM fps which is not "serious endgame" in the slightest. Lower gear means you're vote-kicked. Have you looked up prices for extracting mods? Yeah.

I'm sorry but you definitely do not need 292 gear for SM operations & no one even looks at peoples gear they have in sm because it doesn't matter. Also the prices for amplifier rolls & extracting mods are more than reasonable.

I have multiple videos on my youtube channel we're we are literally 3manning SM operations so no gear is not required for it.

Very short because it's hard to judge the impact of the xp boost nerf without testing and without having the list of objectives.

- YES to level-related objectives

- NO to level-related rewards

- NO to XP boosts as a reward, we already get more of those than we need just playing the class story.

- MAYBE to companion gifts as a reward, I'd say ONLY if they're rank 6 gifts. But I'd rather you add them to renown crates instead to be honest.

What I think needs to be done:

- Offer more objectives, and some for solo players, just because some people prefer to play solo doesn't mean they don't want to contribute to the guild effort.

- More specific flashpoint than just Ilum, Mando Raiders, etc.

- Give us Galactic Rampage back.

- Change the "once per legacy" objectives preferably to "once per character" but at the very least to "once per faction" as soon as you can

- Offer every planets for the week for all yield or at the very least rotate them between yields, that way big guilds who are after the titles can get them all from large yield.

- Make it easier to get flagship plans! Lots of smaller guilds are only interested in unlocking more flagship rooms, a good compromise would be to reward one plan per 50k conquest points earned; as an examplen if you make 150k conquest points on one character, you would get 3 plans. And for the love of the force make them cheaper to get through crafting too!

This is great feedback. I agree.

Whatever you think casuals spend their money on, you've sorely miscalculated.

160+ alts across 4 accounts. My main account is subbed, 90+ alts.

I spend between 4 million to 6 million credits on every new toon I create unlocking all of the character perks at level 1 that I use plus sometimes unlocking HK.

97K to pop out a level 75 legacy mod to put it in another piece of armor for another toon.

One armor set piece at 75 on fleet is 3,000 frags + 1 million credits.

I do not do nightmare ops. I rarely do master mode. I do not strive to be any great PVP god.

This game is as much a money drain for me as anyone attempting to get uber.

Ditto. Whoever thinks that "filthy casuals" don't spend a lot of credits isn't paying attention.

That said, I've been playing since beta and subbed since launch. The credits I have I have EARNED by playing the game in all it's aspects.

Why should I be penalized for that with all of these credit sinks?

Are you saying that if someone works and saves all their life and has millions of dollars they should have that money taken away because some 20 year old comes along who can't buy what they can? Absurd.

A better solution is to make more attractive items, especially gear, available at in-game vendors and as drops. This way new players can have alternatives to the CM for cool things even if the CM still has more options.

If players were opting to farm the same enemies over and over again to meet their Personal Conquest goal, what does that really say? As we took a step back, we saw this as more of a systemic issue that we wanted to address. Starting with Game Update 6.1.1, the Conquest system will only take base EXP and convert it to Conquest points. Any Experience Boosts will no longer grant additional Conquest points. To counteract this Conquest point deficit, we are adjusting the objectives in a few ways – adding more objectives to various game systems, increasing the repeatability of some objectives, and making them more relevant to your character’s level.

Yeah this thing should be removed from game or look into it.. peeps in game only asked players for KP farm KP farm all the time. This is bit annoying for many players. This thing should be handled too if not please look into it. They are just like going in KP ops and kill starting enemies till the door (all of them and then they came out reset the phase and do the same thing again.) I did this once only because I want to know what is KP farm. This thing really changing the game. People don't want to do operations or flashpoints, because they reached 50k++ conquest point limit just by doing KP farm thing. This outrage must be stopped.

I want to suggest two more things,

1st, Please give some extra or special rewards for HM and NiM Valley of the Machine Gods operations. Other ops have cool rewards like DF have that Wings Mount, Ziost ops have that super awesome Ziost style mount and many more ops but there is no special in Gods ops although this operation is real fun to play. But most people don't want to run this because there is no special about HM and NiM we get things in SM. Even that cyborg animal mount we get in Story Mode ops. Maybe something extra we can get from HM and NiM. Decoration, Mount, etc. etc.

2nd, this game is now 8+ y o (happy anniversary again and congratulations to all of us). After so many years new people are coming to this game. You can count me as new too because I am playing this game for like 5 years only. The thing I want to say is that please do something with cartel market certificates. There are so many things we want from those vendors but as we all are new and its like hard to get cartel certificates nowadays. Please do something about them. Either make them available with credits + something we are getting frequently nowadays because those things awesome and I want them. I still want Marka Ragnos and I don't want to spend cartel coins on this. And prices are bit high on GTN. Please do something with Cartel Market certificates either remove them from game like you guys removed this masterwork crystals unassembled materials currency and those command points and make a mew currency tech fragments. Please do something with cartel market certificates. (Or make that life event live in 3 or 4 months cycle. That will be OK too. We love this game and I can wait and collect things patiently but not patiently like wait for 1 or 2 or 3 years 😂).

I agree with Prash, and I'm not really seeing anything in here about the issue that makes KP farming so profitable above everything else, unless it's involved with that exp conversion to conquest fix that I didn't really understand. Apparently the champion trash give out tons of points compared to everything else and I don't think any of these listed fixes change that, for all their talk that's borderline shaming people that grind riff raff mobs.

I'm not necessarily upset about the supposed lack of reward compared to grinding necessary for a personal cq reward that people will claim drives them to kill champ trash. But it's gotten to the point that all the usual forming channels spam farming groups almost non-stop above any actual cq objective. Sure, keep the lackluster rewards but poor game planning shouldn't make one of the most mindless activities in the game the thing people form for above all else, that is the chief thing making the game boring.

Make the more interesting, recent, and difficult stuff like bosses for Dxun and Gods, or weekly missions/any mission at all, drop a large amount of cq points and really nerf the random cq gains from things like random gamorrean guards, or just eliminate the cq rewards for killing trash altogether

Edited by MagicTerror
Better as a reply

A better solution is to make more attractive items, especially gear, available at in-game vendors and as drops. This way new players can have alternatives to the CM for cool things even if the CM still has more options.

AND ban those items from GTN. Because otherwise they would be all over it, and at ludicrous price. Given that stated objective is to get rid of GTN moguls...

(I don't see how anything we have now helps against them, btw. It helps, mostly: pure capitalism, those who already have much get even more, those who don't lose everything before they even have a chance to get.

Newcomers must hate it.

Otoh it seems to me as a stealth push to buy CC: if you can't dress your space barbie for credits but you still wanna dress it, the only way is, yeah, buy stuff on CM. Or quit.)

This is a post I made in the non official thread before I saw this one.

I agree with Darev and Kendra. Solid Matrices should not be removed for the reasons both of you have said.

I have mostly lowbie crafters, who all have 2-5 lvl 50 companions. Hardly any of my lvl 70-75s are crafters or have lvl 50 companions (they are pvp Alts) and I’m currently not playing them through conquest anyway.

Removing the Matrices from lowbie conquest rewards is a very BAD IDEA and SHOULD NOT BE DONE.

I will not be able to craft some things without them, which will force me to play Alts I don’t want to.

Crafters have already taken many hits with this expansion. This is just another punch in the guts for us.

PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE MATRICES FROM LOWBIE CONQUEST REWARDS.

Yeah this thing should be removed from game or look into it.. peeps in game only asked players for KP farm KP farm all the time. This is bit annoying for many players. This thing should be handled too if not please look into it. They are just like going in KP ops and kill starting enemies till the door (all of them and then they came out reset the phase and do the same thing again.) I did this once only because I want to know what is KP farm. This thing really changing the game. People don't want to do operations or flashpoints, because they reached 50k++ conquest point limit just by doing KP farm thing. This outrage must be stopped.

I want to suggest two more things,

1st, Please give some extra or special rewards for HM and NiM Valley of the Machine Gods operations. Other ops have cool rewards like DF have that Wings Mount, Ziost ops have that super awesome Ziost style mount and many more ops but there is no special in Gods ops although this operation is real fun to play. But most people don't want to run this because there is no special about HM and NiM we get things in SM. Even that cyborg animal mount we get in Story Mode ops. Maybe something extra we can get from HM and NiM. Decoration, Mount, etc. etc.

2nd, this game is now 8+ y o (happy anniversary again and congratulations to all of us). After so many years new people are coming to this game. You can count me as new too because I am playing this game for like 5 years only. The thing I want to say is that please do something with cartel market certificates. There are so many things we want from those vendors but as we all are new and its like hard to get cartel certificates nowadays. Please do something about them. Either make them available with credits + something we are getting frequently nowadays because those things awesome and I want them. I still want Marka Ragnos and I don't want to spend cartel coins on this. And prices are bit high on GTN. Please do something with Cartel Market certificates either remove them from game like you guys removed this masterwork crystals unassembled materials currency and those command points and make a mew currency tech fragments. Please do something with cartel market certificates. (Or make that life event live in 3 or 4 months cycle. That will be OK too. We love this game and I can wait and collect things patiently but not patiently like wait for 1 or 2 or 3 years 😂).

My 2 cents on this KP farm issue since you mentioned it...

KP farm sent a clear message to the devs that their conquest system is garbage and not worth doing because the rewards are lacking and there isn't enough incentive, and it's very grindy and tedious. So players chose to go the easiest route in order to get their cq targets on multiple alts so they can earn the mats .

The only reason people are farming to death is because 6.0 literally melts your credits and currently conquest mats are the easiest way to earn some in game income. Most players don't want to bother with crafting or any other content for credits because they earn very little compared to how much they spend on " gearing " .

I would like conquest to actually reward me with things I can use on my characters like some nice cosmetic rewards and those rewards should be put behind some clear targets so people have to earn them.... for example reach 1 mil cq on an alt and get that armor set.. just an example.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

My 2 cents on this KP farm issue since you mentioned it...

KP farm sent a clear message to the devs that their conquest system is garbage and not worth doing because the rewards are lacking and there isn't enough incentive, and it's very grindy and tedious. So players chose to go the easiest route in order to get their cq targets on multiple alts so they can earn the mats .

The only reason people are farming to death is because 6.0 literally melts your credits and currently conquest mats are the easiest way to earn some in game income. Most players don't want to bother with crafting or any other content for credits because they earn very little compared to how much they spend on " gearing " .

I would like conquest to actually reward me with things I can use on my characters like some nice cosmetic rewards and those rewards should be put behind some clear targets so people have to earn them.... for example reach 1 mil cq on an alt and get that armor set.. just an example.

TBH, there's another reason why I KP farm in addition to what you have said:

I don't need gear or tech fragments anymore, yet the game insists on cluttering my bags with random crap I can't use, have no need for, and have nothing to spend it on. So I have to stop every 30 minutes to an hour or so to decon crap to get more tech fragments that I can't use for anything relevant, which interrupts whatever I'm doing with whatever group I'm in. I already have gear on all the alts I'm going to use this xpac, I don't have anything worthwhile to spend the tech fragments on since I've decided I'm going to stop gearing alts because I've spent enough credits on Bioware's new credit sink system, and 11 alts is quite a reasonable stopping point that I arguably should have stopped earlier.

KP farm doesn't fill my bags in 30-60 minutes with useless ***** that I don't need anymore, like almost all other group content in the game does. I WANT TO TURN IT OFF. Or at least a filter for auto-decon so I don't have to micromanage bag space several times in a single gaming session. Previous xpacs with maybe 1 personal loot and a couple things to roll on per boss were much, much easier to manage bags.

Even a second bag tab (not legacy, on your character's person, you know where the loot spam actually goes), and an increase in the decon window capacity to 50-80 items, would help limit the tedium to once, maybe twice, per gaming session, instead of constant "Your inventory is full!" interruptions.

Notice how KP farm wasn't a thing yet when 6.0 first dropped, because people needed to gear (admittedly they did it with HS farm but at least they were doing the entire FP), but now that they've had a chance to gear, they KP farm?

Until Bioware adds features to MANAGE the crap their new gear system throws at us, there is KP farm, and if Bioware nerfs KP farm, I'm sure it won't be long before players find the next most efficient method of playing the game that balances earning conquest with ease of bag management.

Holy points buff!

I chose medium yield to see if I could do it by myself.

What’s the bet they are planning to up conquest goals again? I wonder if they’ll try to stealth them or announce them before hand? If before hand, I expect they’ll just put it in the patch notes to sneak them in (which never works)

Edited by TrixxieTriss

What’s the bet they are planning to up conquest goals again? I wonder if they’ll try to stealth them or announce them before hand? If before hand, I expect they’ll just put it in the patch notes to sneak them in (which never works)

I don't see that.

With all the complaining mixed with some helpful (but ignored) suggestions about conquest when they changed it...I think they're just throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks.